Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:05 AM

Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! (1196 Views)

11 Things You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera Other Than Selfies / 19 Things (you May Not Know) You Can Do With Your Phone's Camera / Three Uses For Your Phone's Camera That Don't Involve Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! by alviniconis(m): 12:17pm On May 05, 2015
iPhone 6's camera has 8 megapixels and the Galaxy S6's has 16, but they take pictures with similar sharpness and clarity. So why does that happen?
It's understandable that most people think higher megapixel counts lead to better pictures. Megapixels have been the main point of measurement smartphone manufacturers use to tell people how good their mobile device cameras are.

Theoretically, more pixels should make a sharper image, similar to how more tiles make a more detailed mosaic, but that's not exactly the case.Pixels rest on your camera's sensor to capture light.
The larger the sensor, the more pixels it can support which often leads to better, sharper pictures. But as more pixels are added to a sensor, the smaller they need to be to fit onto the sensor itself. And the smaller the pixel, the less light it can capture, which results in images with "noise," or unwanted artifacts that reduce an image's sharpness.

check the source page for more
you can drop your comment

Source: http://www.iconis.info/2015/05/dont-judge-your-phones-camera-by-number.html

1 Like

Re: Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! by wahalababe(f): 12:19pm On May 05, 2015
ok. i hv hrd

1 Like

Re: Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! by alviniconis(m): 12:25pm On May 05, 2015
wahalababe:
ok. i hv hrd
thanks
Re: Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! by daryoor(m): 1:30pm On May 05, 2015
so how now what should we watch out for when trying to buy a phone with a good camera.

1 Like

Re: Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! by alviniconis(m): 2:20pm On May 05, 2015
daryoor:
so how now what should we watch out for when trying to buy a phone with a good camera.

You should go for higher pixels and sensor for better result.
Re: Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! by Xxpress(m): 3:05pm On May 05, 2015
alviniconis:

You should go for higher pixels and sensor for better result.
How do we know the level of the sensor?

1 Like

Re: Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! by israel770(m): 5:09pm On May 05, 2015
Boring
Re: Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! by daamazing(m): 6:41pm On May 05, 2015
OK.MY comment is temporarily unavailable
Re: Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! by Emmyk(m): 8:20pm On May 05, 2015
If it's really by sensor size, then China phones are gonna have the best camera quality. undecided
Re: Don't Judge Your Phone's Camera By The Number Of Megapixels ! by Sibrah: 8:45pm On May 05, 2015
If true then manufacturers need to start stating these details for their fans.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Pls Help Me! I Am Addicted To My Phone. / Onda V820w Dual OS Tablet Review / Man Climbs Into Toilet To Retrieve Phone, Gets Completely Stuck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.