Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,090 members, 7,863,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 07:00 AM

Emma Nyra As Ubi Franklin’s Punching Bag; Lawyer Uduak Oduok Reacts - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Emma Nyra As Ubi Franklin’s Punching Bag; Lawyer Uduak Oduok Reacts (742 Views)

Tonto Dikeh: "My Husband Was A Cheat And I Was His Punching Bag" / Lilian Esoro Hanging Out With Desmond Elliot As Ubi Celebrates Birthday / Photo: How May D Turned Me Into A Punching Bag For Years- Baby Mama Explains (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Emma Nyra As Ubi Franklin’s Punching Bag; Lawyer Uduak Oduok Reacts by greghamite: 12:28pm On May 05, 2015
As you all know, I am currently writing my music law book for Nigeria/Africa’s industry. It now has fifteen chapters. In the book, I decided to dedicate a chapter to dealing with violence against female artists and sexual harassment in the industry.

Indeed, since my foray into establishing Africa Music Law, I have heard many stories about executives in the industry alleging pummeling and making female artists their punching bags. The stories include allegations that Tiwa Savage and Seyi Shay were regular punching bags at their previous management labels, before they finally left. I have also heard stories about Ubi Franklin, co-owner of Iyanya’s MMMG Record Label, making Emma Nyra his constant punching bag. It is my understanding that industry insiders witness these beatings but nobody does anything about it because “that’s just the way it is.”

Further, it is my understanding that Emma Nyra has been forced, against her will, to agree to play along to fabricated stories to the media and press that she is Ubi’s girlfriend. Again, apparently many in the industry know about this but do nothing. I have heard so many stories/allegations of violence against many female artists, it would fill up pages if I began sharing these allegations.

As to the allegations against Ubi, I have been unsure what to believe until the recent explosion on social media by OAP Fade Ogunro who is also co-owner of a video production company, Film Factory, with her brother Sesan Ogunro. Based on the statements she shared on social media, which she has since deleted, but not before many captured it, she accuses a music executive of constantly beating up his artist girl friend signed on his label. She drops enough clues that has the internet buzzing that the story/clues she shares is about Ubi Franklin and Emma Nyra.

What’s particularly interesting to me is how Fade completely “wigs out” over this guy interfering with her personal relationship with her boyfriend. She doesn’t “wig out” to protect a woman she is aware of that is being pummeled daily ,even though she is a radio host and also wields some power in the industry. But, the moment her relationship is threatened with her boyfriend, she takes to social media to begin calling out “niggas” as she puts it.

First, Nigerian women in entertainment, if you are aware that your sisters are being pummeled by those who should protect them, why do you wait until those people threaten your own relationships to “out” them? What are you doing to be your sister’s keeper? And don’t you dare tell me you have no responsibility to.....

Link In for more...>>http://expressng.com/2015/05/emma-nyra-as-ubi-franklins-punching-bag-lawyer-uduak-oduok-reacts/

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Student Begs Jim Iyke To Stop Marrying Her In Her Dreams / Dele Momodu Sends Davido And Baby Mama Sophie Momodu A Congratulatory Message On / Emmanuel Adebayor Writes About Suicidal Thoughts In Candid Facebook Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.