Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:36 PM

40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! (56615 Views)

15 Ways The World Has Changed In 100 Years / Koko That Ate 40 British Men As Nembe King [PICS] / Princess Adeola Ogunwusi: “How My Father Becoming Ooni Has Changed My Life” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Hollawaley(m): 1:58pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
25. Western House of Assembly, Ibadan (late 1950s)
where that lawmaker was thrown from the top of the building

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by adolphusberit(m): 1:59pm On May 07, 2015
Nice 1
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by solobenzo(m): 1:59pm On May 07, 2015
Funny how time flies undecided
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Jeffy1206(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2015
Those were the days men. I just love the old skul kiss

4 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by nortcentrallord(m): 2:00pm On May 07, 2015
We got independence @ a wrong time. (too early)

Maybe all this can be corrected by fiscal federalism.

5 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Hollawaley(m): 2:01pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
33. University College Hospital, Ibadan (1960s)
photoshopped[/color][color=#770077]

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Benbisco(f): 2:02pm On May 07, 2015
Wow! Loved these. Reminds us of the simpler times. I really wish we could have them again. Its more peaceful than what we have now.

5 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 07, 2015
MKO4ever:
Fulanis dey enjoy oo

Wetin dem dey enjoy? Na that things wey almost dey show for that girl chest? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by redcliff: 2:02pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
5. A Nigerian chief with his family (1910)

This cannot be 1910
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by flinton(m): 2:04pm On May 07, 2015
phantonce:
This almost brought tears to my eyes shocked shocked shocked
Where did we get it wrong?
When they started killing igbos

6 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:04pm On May 07, 2015
Oh Lord, where did we go wrong? Please help us oo. cry

2 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Vicjay1(m): 2:05pm On May 07, 2015
Loving this
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Bants(m): 2:05pm On May 07, 2015
Nigeria where are thou beauty now...barclays bank was once in 9ja wow picture the planes na the bullet for head ruin the pictures
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by BarakOkenny(m): 2:05pm On May 07, 2015
How time flies... cry
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:08pm On May 07, 2015
Tenim47:
Igbo's av been error since 1900.
C aw dix one pak bulet put 4 head
shatap mumu bororo like u

8 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by harrysterol(m): 2:08pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
38. Ikorodu expressway, Lagos (1970s)
so where did the ikorodu express way go to? undecided cos I have never seen such express b4 in dtvarea
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by klevjey: 2:08pm On May 07, 2015
Tenim47:
. . . Igbo's av been error since 1900. C aw dix one pak bulet put 4 head
d bullet Na for ur death naa

5 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by asomatc(m): 2:09pm On May 07, 2015
Velocitron:
[url]Nigeriannostalgia.tumblr.com[/url] has an archive full of pictures like these. Feel free to take a visit.
Nothing is there.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by ayokellany: 2:10pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
24. The Lagos Railway (1900s)

NA OGUN GO KILL EBELE JONATHAN, HIS ENTIRE EBELE FAMILY AND ANYBODY THAT VOTED N CAMPAIGNED FOR HIM 2015 FOR REHABILITATE A 1900 TRAIN FOR NIGERIA [size=20pt][/size]IN 2015

2 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by TheEqualizer: 2:10pm On May 07, 2015
Back when the country was in stone age with only 40 nice places and just 10% literacy rate.

Colonisation is a crime against humanity.

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by TonySpike: 2:12pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
35. General Post Office, Lagos (1973)

Now this is awesome. This was the original Lagos shoreline just before General Obasanjo expanded it and built a land bridge over the Marina. I keep on asking, can Lagos ever retain its old beauty again?

7 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Oiselenjakhian(m): 2:13pm On May 07, 2015
Hello I am a programmer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]dreamquestmultimedia.com[/url] is my company website. We are multimedia studio with a passion for telling African stories from an African perspective.

1 Like

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by ernecy(m): 2:13pm On May 07, 2015
Whn it was still beautiful, no tribe hate, and we were our brother's keeper....

Time flies, and things has changed...

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by cilifa: 2:14pm On May 07, 2015
great to see.
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by skondo09(m): 2:15pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
12. Regiment of mounted armed guards in a procession during festival of Sallah in Katsina

no 12 still exists arund d north esp kano
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by 4stylz: 2:17pm On May 07, 2015
Nothing has really changed.. things were just renovated
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by bishopstan(m): 2:19pm On May 07, 2015
Icon4s:
21. Asaba-Onitsha ferry crossing (1959)

that looks like degema village in rivers state today....
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Ekiseme(m): 2:21pm On May 07, 2015
Tenim47:
Igbo's av been error since 1900.
C aw dix one pak bulet put 4 head
na common sense you no get

2 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 07, 2015
Prodigysam:
eurobomber:
Fellow Nigerians, I have taken time to study recent happenings in our nation before and after the elections and I have come to conclude that there is a grand plan to start some kind of war in Nigeria. Some people thought that the last presidential election was going to be the last straw to break the camel's back but are still in shock that the presidential election has been conducted and Nigeria is still at peace even with the incumbent losing the election.
Discerning minds can see that a pattern has been set to overheat the system especially by generating so much hatred and tension between the Igbo and the Yoruba. The rate at which it is going it is looking like one week one trouble. The pattern is that there is usually a provocative comment (alleged or true) made by a prominent Yoruba and somehow this is fed to the public and when the get to know of such comments, they become overwhelmed with anger.
Just check:
Before all these started, recall that a Twitter account was identified where a young man was calling for the killing of all the Igbos. Now I believe that the picture shown on that twitter account might even be that of someone that died many years ago. That twitter account was most likely created by the wicked forces outside Nigeria that intend to spark of a bloody ethnic conflict in Nigeria.
1. The case of the Yoruba Oba of Lagos-HRH Oba Akiolu where the Igbos were threatened with death in the Lagos lagoon.
2. The case of the Yoruba cardiologist in the US where a call for genocide against the Igbo was seen on his facebook page. (He says his account was hacked)
3. Most recently the case of the Yoruba Nobel Laureate-Prof Wole Soyinka released by the Cables revealing some provocative comments about the Igbo.
I want every intelligent mind to observe this, in the case of Dr Ariyo, he said his account was hacked and I am inclined to believe that this is true. The people behind this agenda to set Nigeria on fire are most likely the same people that used his facebook account to post such hate words against the Igbo. These are the same people that opened that twitter account I mentioned earlier where a call to kill all Igbos was made.
Look at the case of Prof Wole Soyinka too, how can an organisation like the Cable release such hate speech and tagging it to this man if not that some powerful forces were behind such. It is this same group of people that want Nigerians to start killing one another that used the Cables site to release that speech. Wole Soyinka himself has denied ever making such comments.
My Igbo and Yoruba brothers, please wake up and see that there are powerful forces pulling the strings underground to cause hatred between us and the agenda is to take it to a level where it will be too much to bear and violence would be the only solution. The forces behind this ultimately want a massive show of bloodshed in Nigeria starting with the Igbo vs Yoruba. Some people initially thought that the boko haram problem up north would start a religious war in Nigeria especially when churches were been blown to pieces every week but that failed. They later on resorted to attacking Muslims in the north even in their mosques to see if that would anger the muslims enough to start a massive campaign of violence against Christians but that also failed.
Let us all be wise and open our eyes, these forces plotting to plunge Nigeria into war are likely operating outside Nigeria. The boko haram option in Northern Nigeria failed to start the needed Christian vs Muslim war and boko haram is gradually winding down activities. Let us continue to pray for this nation and keep our emotions in check so that we do not witness a sort of bloodshed in this country that would be second to none in history. These evil forces have now shifted their attention to the Southern part of Nigeria and intend to start a campaign of massive bloodshed by starting a violent Igbo vs Yoruba conflict. We are too big to start a bloody confrontation against ourselves in this country, where do we run to for refuge? The numbers in Lagos alone can overwhelm Cotonou and even Ghana/Togo with a massive influx of refugees. How much refugees can flee through Bakassi? How much refugees can flee from the North into Niger Republic & Chad? Just with the boko haram problem Niger is already complaining and sending backing Northern Nigerian refugees.
This is the only county we have and we must do all we can to protect this country and ensure progress & development.
This message is especially for all the Igbos & Yorubas whose hearts have now been darkened and filled with so much anger and hate waiting to manifest. Let us put the evil ones to shame and ensure that their dream of an Igbo-Yoruba war does not come to pass!
GOD BLESS NIGERIA!

God bless your brain bro.

the message is for all Nigerians to wake up.
I Pray no evil external forces against our Nation will prosper. Amen

7 Likes

Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 07, 2015
Those were the days when life was simple...
Re: 40 Old Photos That Will Show You How Times Have Changed In Nigeria! by Ekiseme(m): 2:22pm On May 07, 2015
BlackMaria:

That picture na lie.
thinking the same thing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Oba Of Benin Arrives Abuja In Style To Meet With Prince Charles. Photos / Photo Of Senior Yoruba Obas In 1937 / Emir Sanusi Drives Vintage Car To Dubar; Same As His Grand-father's In 1956

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.