Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,295 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:13 AM

Why Tribalism Will Never End On Nairaland - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Tribalism Will Never End On Nairaland (703 Views)

Kachikwu: Fuel Scarcity Will End On Wednesday In Abuja, Lagos / Tribalism Will Kill Nigeria / The World May End On September 24, 2015???!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Tribalism Will Never End On Nairaland by meforyou1(m): 10:36pm On May 05, 2015
How will it end when a man like soyinka will go to faraway USA and insult igbos for heaven's sake.
Soyinka's issue with igbos is 2-pronged with one never having anything to do with the igbos.
Soyinka is Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi's friend. And when a land issue ensued between Governor Amaechi of Rivers and First Lady Patience Jonathan, a native of Okrika in Rivers State, Soyinka naturally sided his friend. Which led him to calling her Shepopotamus.
The second is his rivalry with Chinua Achebe, an igbo man and a fellow writer. I am a writer myself, and know how deep and strong such rivalries can be. I will dissect the writing styles of both in the literature forum and explain the angst of Soyinka towards Achebe because Achebe's works are more accepted.
Soyinka doesn't hate Goodluck Jonathan. Have never critised Goodluck. Though Soyinka's criticisms don't matter much. He criticised IBB when IBB was ruling, till IBB established Federal Road Safety Commission for him and made him head. One, he did a poor job of it and was eventually removed, and two, his criticism of the administration died a natural death.
Back to the matter at hand. Why is he so bitter at igbos for voting Jonathan? We are not the only ones that did. South South did. Ekiti did. One or two states in the north did.
Soyinka just hate igbos because of Achebe, who is now late. I'm very sure it is because "There Was A Country" which I'm so glad Achebe wrote.
Re: Why Tribalism Will Never End On Nairaland by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 05, 2015
It won't end on Nairaland cos it didn't start from Nairaland..

1 Like

Re: Why Tribalism Will Never End On Nairaland by ChinemeOkpan: 10:41pm On May 05, 2015
meforyou1:
[s]How will it end when a man like soyinka will go to faraway USA and insult igbos for heaven's sake.
Soyinka's issue with igbos is 2-pronged with one never having anything to do with the igbos.
Soyinka is Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi's friend. And when a land issue ensued between Governor Amaechi of Rivers and First Lady Patience Jonathan, a native of Okrika in Rivers State, Soyinka naturally sided his friend. Which led him to calling her Shepopotamus.
The second is his rivalry with Chinua Achebe, an igbo man and a fellow writer. I am a writer myself, and know how deep and strong such rivalries can be. I will dissect the writing styles of both in the literature forum and explain the angst of Soyinka towards Achebe because Achebe's works are more accepted.
Soyinka doesn't hate Goodluck Jonathan. Have never critised Goodluck. Though Soyinka's criticisms don't matter much. He criticised IBB when IBB was ruling, till IBB established Federal Road Safety Commission for him and made him head. One, he did a poor job of it and was eventually removed, and two, his criticism of the administration died a natural death.
Back to the matter at hand. Why is he so bitter at igbos for voting Jonathan? We are not the only ones that did. South South did. Ekiti did. One or two states in the north did.
Soyinka just hate igbos because of Achebe, who is now late. I'm very sure it is because "There Was A Country" which I'm so glad Achebe wrote.[/s]

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: Why Tribalism Will Never End On Nairaland by faray: 10:42pm On May 05, 2015
let him keep hating while we keep leading.

1 Like

Re: Why Tribalism Will Never End On Nairaland by meforyou1(m): 10:53pm On May 05, 2015
ChinemeOkpan:

Nonsense!

what exactly is nonsense?
Re: Why Tribalism Will Never End On Nairaland by Eyepencil: 10:54pm On May 05, 2015
All these amala and ewedu people sef!
Re: Why Tribalism Will Never End On Nairaland by micktoxin(m): 10:55pm On May 05, 2015
No

(1) (Reply)

Fashola Commissions Solid Waste Material Recovery Facility In Alimosho / Pastor Lesego Again!commands Babies In The Womb To Dance & Miracle weight loss / Hilarious Photo Of The Day...Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.