Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,588 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! (14314 Views)

Confessions Of An End-time Pastor! / Confessions Of A Sex-starved Single / 2015 Prophetic Prayers, Declarations And Confessions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Esdb3: 1:29am On May 06, 2015
A NUN’S TESTIMONY  ( Sister Charoltte Keckler )

by
Sister Charlotte Keckler
I was reared in a devout Roman Catholic home and, although our home contained many religious items, we never had a Bible there. Consequently, I never heard of God’s wonderful plan of salvation by faith in the Lord Jesus. No one ever explained to me that I only had to invite Him into my heart and ask Him to save me from all my sins to be born again (Revelation 3:20). Instead, I only knew what I was taught in the catechisms and in the institution which we attended faithfully.

I had a deep love and devotion to the God I did not really know personally and I yearned to give my life to Him completely. According to the teaching I received, the way to do this was to become a nun and enter a convent. My parish priest pressed this idea on me as did the nuns who taught in my parochial school.

How well I remember the day two nuns from my school accompanied me home. The parish priest joined them there for a conference with my father and mother. In my family, children did not interrupt grown-ups but asked to speak. When given permission I told my father simply, “Dad, I want to go into the convent.” Both parents wept for joy at this because they had been thoroughly indoctrinated to believe that to give a child to the convent in this matter was a great service to God.

They were thrilled that one of their girls had decided to give her life to the convent in order to pray for lost humanity. It was all so exciting and religious, and none of us had any idea what was involved or implied in all this. Tragically, both my parents and I had been cleverly manipulated by carefully trained recruiters, representatives of the Roman Catholic system, whom we trusted. Not for one moment did we suspect the deception, lies and horror which lay behind the convent doors. We believed what we had been taught. Like sheep we were led to the slaughter, totally unaware of the fate planned for us.

Twelve months went by and the year 1910 came, when I was to leave home. My mother and I busied ourselves with preparations. The priest said that they had no place for me near home; therefore, my parents had to take me a thousand miles crosscountry to enter me in the convent boarding school. I was then three months from my thirteenth birthday, an immature child, being snatched from my parents at a critical time in my growing up.

Never had I been away from my parents, not even overnight. When they left after staying with me for three days, I was smitten with an aching loneliness and homesickness. In all of the planning for the move, I didn’t really realize that I was going to be separated from my parents, never to see them again. I was miserable and unhappy.

Catholic priests select children at the confessional box and begin to plant the seed to steer them into the convents and the priesthood. Even when I was seven, I would go immediately to the statue of the Virgin Mary when I entered the church to pray, believing she would help me to make a good confession. My childish heart was very honest and the priest always heavily emphasized the absolute necessity of making a good confession. We could keep back nothing if we expected absolution from our sins.

I entered what was classified as a sister of the open order, until I took my white veil at the age of sixteen and one half. Everything was beautiful, and I had no fears or doubts in my mind. The things I was taught were in line with what I had been told earlier before entering the convent. There was no reason to suspect that there were vast areas which were hidden and had been deliberately misrepresented.

Shortly after arrival at the convent, I resumed my schooling. I had just graduated from eighth grade and they had promised me a high school education plus college. Actually, I got little beyond the high school level, other than some nurse’s training. The schooling I received was under duress and terrible difficulties. Following this, I was pushed into the crucial training required of all noviates entering the convent.

Six months before I was fourteen, the Mother Superior began to urge me to take the white veil. She made it all sound so glamorous, romantic and fascinating. I would take the white veil, dressed in a beautiful white wedding dress. An actual marriage ceremony would follow and I would receive a ring and become the spouse or bride of Christ. It was not difficult for an impressionable teenager to be swayed into eager agreement.

Mother Superior then wrote my father to tell him how much money he must send to pay for my wedding dress. Because he was wealthy, it was a sizeable amount. I learned later that it was customary to demand three to five times the cost of the dress. The nuns bought the material and made the dress so that the actual cost was small and the rest of the money could be pocketed. No opportunity was overlooked to milk funds from the faithful.

I was always devout and often walked the fourteen stations of the cross, but after deciding to take the white veil, my fervency increased. In my anxiety to be holy enough to be worthy to become the bride of Christ, I began to crawl the stations of the cross each Friday. Surely this would draw me closer to God and prepare me to take the step I planned.

My heart was bursting with idealistic devotion and love toward the false goals I had been taught would please and honor God in my life. Hundreds of innocent girls go down this trail into the maw of the convents annually, starry eyed and desiring to give their hearts, minds and souls in unselfish service, praying for lost humanity.

With the wedding ceremony behind them, nuns are treated as married woman. We were taught that our family would be saved if we continued to live in the convent, serving the Roman Catholic system. A child’s concern for family members, especially erring ones, is often manipulated by the father confessor to convince him/her to go into religious vocations. As a child, I looked on my father confessor as God and others with whom I have talked did the same thing. This gives his insinuations and suggestions tremendous power and influence. I thought of him as being holy and infallible, totally incapable of lying.

After I took the white veil, everything continued, rosy, religious and beautiful. Everyone was good to me and I lived in the open order convent I saw nothing to lead me to believe it would not continue this way. No girl is subject to the priest until she is twenty-one, but I knew nothing of this for all was carefully hidden and covered. There was no clue to cause one to guess what lay behind the black veil and those double locked doors of the closed, cloistered convent.

Up until I took the black veil I was allowed to receive one letter per month from my family and was permitted to write one to them from the convent. When I wrote I knew that much of it would be censored and marked out by the Mother Superior who read all incoming and outgoing mail. My letters from home were always so marked out until virtually nothing was left to read. I used to weep over all those inked out sections, wondering and worrying over what my mother had been trying to tell me, but there was no way I could ever know.

No one imprisoned behind those walls ever comes out to tell the awful story. Priests will glibly pooh, pooh the idea that there is anything amiss. They will tell you that in this country and elsewhere sisters can walk out of the convents anytime they please. That is a lie! I was shut up for twenty-two years and tried everything to escape. I even carried tablespoons to the dungeons and desperately dug in their dirt floors attempting to find a way out. Why a tablespoon? All the other tools were locked up or carefully supervised. They were used to dig the tunnels and underground chambers. Convents are constructed like prisons to thwart the escape of the nuns.

As I approached eighteen, Mother Superior began to work on me again. Remember that these ruthless women are carefully selected and trained for their jobs. I was making my plans to come out of the convent after taking the white veil to become a nursing sister in the Roman Catholic system. However, she had noted my endurance and devotion so she called me into her office for a conference.

“Charlotte,” she said, “I have been watching you. You have a strong body and the devotion to make a good nun, a cloister nun. I believe you are the type who would be willing to give up home and everything you love in the world to hide yourself away behind convent doors. I believe that you would be willing to sacrifice and live in crucial poverty in order to be able to pray for lost humanity. You would have to be willing to suffer in order to achieve this.”

We were constantly taught that living loved ones as well as those already in purgatory would be delivered sooner by the nun’s suffering here. Mother Superior had observed that I was willing to suffer without murmuring or complaining, therefore she broached the idea of my taking the black veil. Of course I had no idea what the cloistered nuns did or how they lived so she began to tell me about the cloisters.

Mother Superior told me that in the cloisters, I would have to shed my own blood as Jesus did on Calvary. I would have to be willing to endure heavy penances and live in crucial poverty the rest of my life. Already I was living in poverty, but if this would make me holier, draw me closer to God and a better nun, I thought it would be worth it to accept this crucial poverty, whatever it was.

Two months before my twenty-first birthday I was summoned into Mother Superior’s office and papers were shown to me in which I would sign away any and all inheritance I would ever have to the Roman Catholic system. Priests work hard to entice girls from wealthy families into the convents, for the system is enriched by their inheritances. I told her I needed some more time to think about it.

For two years I seriously considered it. If I took my perpetual vows it would mean going behind closed doors in a cloistered convent, and there all my life would belong to God. It would be one of study, devotion, meditation and prayer; however I would be able to win many more souls to God because I would have more time to pray. I believed and accepted all that she said and one day informed her that I had decided to go into cloister.

To begin, I would be required to lie for nine hours in a casket, dying to the world. Never again would I see my people or return home, for I would be bound by the cloister’s convent. This was a tremendous price for a twenty-one year old girl to pay, to give up all that she loved and held dear in the world, but this had to be done in order to win souls to God. I was dressed in a dark red velvet funeral shroud for this wedding ceremony which was performed by the bishop. Both the dress and coffin had been made by the nuns in the cloister.

I knew that when I came out of that coffin, I would never see or hear from my family again; never leave the convent; and would be buried there when I died. I walked to the casket, climbed in and stretched out. Two little nuns came and covered the entire casket with heavy black draperies which reeked of incense. I thought I would surely suffocate. On one side of the room were the usual statues and on the other, Mother Superior, the nuns and priests were seated. For the nine long hours I lay in the coffin they kept vigil and chanted constantly.

The one purpose of being in the coffin was to learn to hate my mother, father and all other earthly ties–all for the love of God. I must forget them, hate them, crowd them completely from my heart, mind and life. All this was to enable me to be a better wife to God.

Lying there, I reminisced about my childhood at home. I remembered the dresses my mother had made for me, but I would never again wear one. I thought of delicious meals, warm beds, and all of the rich and full family life I had had. Of course I wept bitterly and sobbed as my heart ached for those loved ones I would never see again. It was an agonizing experience and I think I loved them more than I ever had before.

Continue here NL said "post too long"

www.biblebelievers.org.au/nun.htm

1 Share

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 9:44am On May 06, 2015
Mmmmm
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 06, 2015
I was once a catholic and i thank God for making me see the light and its my prayer catholics get saved.thank you JESUS for the gift of salvation.I love you Lord.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by plaetton: 3:36pm On May 06, 2015
Wow. Great story.
And the point of this story is....?

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by lastmessenger: 7:37pm On May 06, 2015
This cannot be cooked up story. But an average catholic will not believe this.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Esdb3: 7:45pm On May 06, 2015
plaetton:
Wow. Great story.
And the point of this story is....?

It is an actual confession. Read through. I gt the sarcasm you must be a roman catholic and if you don't know what this post aims at then you are a dull roman catholic(being a catholic is dull already, so you are just... Lmfao!!! grin) }
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by plaetton: 8:38pm On May 06, 2015
Esdb3:

It is an actual confession. Read through. I gt the sarcasm you must be a roman catholic and if you don't know what this post aims at then you are a dull roman catholic(being a catholic is dull already, so you are just... Lmfao!!! grin) }
Lol.
So that was your best shot? shocked

So, let me get this straight.
Your op was aimed at showing that the Catholic Church and it's members were ?
1. Stupid?
2. Deluded?
3. Brainwashed?
4. Fraudulent ?
5. Neurotic?
Or ?
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Esdb3: 10:59pm On May 06, 2015
plaetton:

Lol.
So that was your best shot? shocked

So, let me get this straight.
Your op was aimed at showing that the Catholic Church and it's members were ?
1. Stupid?
2. Deluded?
3. Brainwashed?
4. Fraudulent ?
5. Neurotic?
Or ?

Makes you look more daffy for asking the first time proven now that you knew the aim.
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 4:16am On May 07, 2015
Esdb3:

Makes you look more daffy for asking the first time proven now that you knew the aim.
Excuse me? You are the one that is *daffy*...to use your own term. The Charlotte Keckler story is a hoax just like the Maria Monk fables.

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by lastmessenger: 8:39am On May 07, 2015
I have always had this preconceived notion that nuns are evil souls. This story only goes to confirm my prejudice about the convent. The papacy. and all that the Catholics stands for.may God forgive those evil masochist souls.
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by vest(m): 10:52am On May 07, 2015
Israel23:
I was once a catholic and i thank God for making me see the light and its my prayer catholics get saved.thank you JESUS for the gift of salvation.I love you Lord.
so in whic of the man made churches did you see this ur own version of light so we can all follow u their

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 11:01am On May 07, 2015
Summary pls
Am allergic to long stories

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 07, 2015
lastmessenger:
I have always had this preconceived notion that nuns are evil souls. This story only goes to confirm my prejudice about the convent. The papacy. and all that the Catholics stands for.may God forgive those evil masochist souls.
Yes nuns are so evil they build schools and hospitals, run orphanages and soup kitchens and are like Mother Theresa [sarcasm off].

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by lastmessenger: 12:40pm On May 07, 2015
Papist:

Yes nuns are so evil they build schools and hospitals, run orphanages and soup kitchens and are like Mother Theresa [sarcasm off].
more like saying satan is good because some Guys are making money via money rituals and other occultic practices. Forget this cover ups.
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by vest(m): 12:57pm On May 07, 2015
lastmessenger:
more like saying satan is good because some Guys are making money via money rituals and other occultic practices. Forget this cover ups.
so catholics nun are evil people bt u lastmessenger is a holy saint hmmm!

What hate can do;calling good evil only God wil help us
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Syncan(m): 1:43pm On May 07, 2015
Even as far back as 2011, this has been on nairaland https://www.nairaland.com/593934/refutation-testimony-charlotte-wells-charlotte.

When will protestants start to take note of the past, and stop throwing up the same error, over and over again? smh.

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by lastmessenger: 1:46pm On May 07, 2015
vest:
so catholics nun are evil people bt u lastmessenger is a holy saint hmmm!

If you can read the story and marry it with recent development and findings in the Catholic Church, you will be forced to look for to look for others words to describe those nuns. They are not only evil, they are the smoke screen of satan deceiving the while mankind( the gullible ones )

What hate can do;calling good evil only God wil help us
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by plaetton: 1:47pm On May 07, 2015
Papist:

Lol. Indeed.

Religion na wa.

Nuns who dedicate their lives to service, who make the ultimate sacrifice of material comfort to serve other humans are the ones who are evil, according to this demented moral schizophrenic.

On the Other hand, it is the evangelical pulpit P.I.M.PS, the circus clowns sporting bling blings, who rob the poor with guile and charisma, are the ones, according to lastmessenger and esdb3, a.k.a Dumb and Dumberer, who are supposedly holy and good?

What an irony. What a demented worldview.

Now back to my favorite poem.

The word of god, the word of god,
The word of god has , once again, gone Schizophrenic.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 07, 2015
vest:
so in whic of the man made churches did you see this ur own version of light so we can all follow u their
follow Jesus,He is the way,the truth and the life.He saved me and can save you too.pray,confess your sins and invite Him into your life to be your personal saviour and Lord and trust me you will see the light.then go to a spirit filled church where the gospel of christ is preached.JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 07, 2015
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 1:59pm On May 07, 2015
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 2:01pm On May 07, 2015
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 07, 2015
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by lastmessenger: 2:04pm On May 07, 2015
plaetton:

Lol. Indeed.

Religion na wa.

Nuns who dedicate their lives to service, who make the ultimate sacrifice of material comfort to serve other humans are the ones who are evil, according to this demented moral schizophrenic.

On the Other hand, it is the evangelical pulpit P.I.M.PS, the circus clowns sporting bling blings, who rob the poor with guile and charisma, are the ones, according to lastmessenger and esdb3, a.k.a Dumb and Dumberer, who are supposedly holy and good?

What an irony. What a demented worldview.

Now back to my favorite poem.

The word of god, the word of god,
The word of god has , once again, gone Schizophrenic.
I keep wondering why those who claim to have no business with God keep running around him.
I know what your problem is. The cup of your iniquity is almost filled to the brim that you need a savior but satan has chained you that is it almost impossible to save you. I trust God because I know he can perform his wonders in your life.
Back to topic. The first thing is that I do not make overstatement. In recent times the convent has been accused of so many atrocities. Just recently the bbc carried news of how babies where buried in hundreds in one of the convents. Like I said earlier this confession only goes to buttress my preconceived prejudice about the convent and all that catholic stand for.
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 07, 2015
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by plaetton: 2:22pm On May 07, 2015
lastmessenger:

I keep wondering why those who claim to have no business with God keep running around him.
I know what your problem is. The cup of your iniquity is almost filled to the brim that you need a savior but satan has chained you that is it almost impossible to save you. I trust God because I know he can perform his wonders in your life.
Back to topic. The first thing is that I do not make overstatement. In recent times the convent has been accused of so many atrocities. Just recently the bbc carried news of how babies where buried in hundreds in one of the convents. Like I said earlier this confession only goes to buttress my preconceived prejudice about the convent and all that catholic stand for.

The irony that escapes dimwits like you is that the Catholic Church, the mother church, is the begetter of all of you perverse children. You all have her DNA.
You are all different fingers of the same leporous hand.

Is is indeed very very laughable when we see the perverted dimwits of evangelical Christianity disparaging their mother, their own DNA.

The schizophrenic world of religion and faith, na wa wa o.
undecided
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 2:30pm On May 07, 2015
crowns2:
More:

One of her favorite tricks in the laundry room was to order one or more nuns to prostrate themselves on the cold, wet, soapy, floor. This done, with a cruel sneer she would order that the victim lick long crosses on the rough cement with her tongue. She watched intently to see if there was the slightest flicker of anger, distaste or hesitation on the face of the one forced to lick the crosses. If she did, she would assign ten to twenty-five more crosses to be done. Believe me, the tongue was always raw and bleeding before she was satisfied, and the victim would be unable to eat or drink for a day or two because of the mangled tongue. Many times Mother would return the very next day, seize the same victim and force her to repeat the crosses again.

Hard manual labor was advocated as a good physical discipline. In our emaciated condition because of the constant torture and systematic starvation we were driven and kept in a state of chronic fatigue and exhaustion. We were property of the Pope and the system, to be worked to death for their pleasure. All the crying and pleading we did would never be heard by anyone who would lift a finger to help us.

Another favored punishment was to compel us to crawl up and down an aisle ten times, upright on the knees. After I made it five or six times my knees were killing me. Drained of strength, I could not continue but collapsed in a faint. Mother Superior shook me roughly, pulled me back on my knees and commanded me to resume crawling. Desperately I tried to finish my assignment. The next day she might order me to do the same thing again and this would rip off the scabs from my injured knees, further bruising and tearing them.

This is typical of torments and tortures to which the little nuns are subjected day after day, year in and year out. There is no mercy, only heartless cruelty and this multiplies and reinforces the dreary hopelessness and despair which grips the entire cloister.

Continually we were told that doing such "penance" was pleasing and brought happiness to God, Who looked down on our misery and suffering, and smiled His approval. Although this was hard to believe, heathens who know no better simply believe what they are taught. Never having read the Bible, we had no way to learn the truth.

Most of us were reared in Roman Catholic teachings and traditions and snatched away from family and friends at an early age. It took a while for the awful truth and scope of the deception to soak in. When it did, it produced atheists who hated anything associated with God or the saints. Vicious hatred and violence then floods the disillusioned and embittered heart.

There was no bath tub in this convent, only a metal, horse watering tank and we were only permitted to have a bath when Mother Superior ordered it. Even when bathing I wore my scapular, although I shed all my other clothes. We were taught that the first Saturday after the death of a Roman Catholic the Virgin Mary descends into purgatory. Whoever she finds there wearing a scapular, she will release. I was bound by these and other religious fables and lies, but did not know any better. I was taught to accept as truth everything Mother Superior said.

In the convent there was a huge painting in a certain room which depicted all horrors of tormented men, women, children and even babies in the awful flames of purgatory. The agony and misery was so graphically portrayed that it actually seemed real. We were marched in on occasion to meditate on the tortures of the damned for a long period. After this session Mother Superior would address the nuns and say that they had better go and work another penance on their bodies, because those poor people were begging to escape the awful burning flames there.

There were many days when I would deliberately burn my own body and spill some more of my blood because of my conviction that as I suffered it would help these miserable people to be delivered. I often say that if the mass and purgatory were taken from the Roman Catholic system it would eliminate 90% of her income and she would starve to death. This evil Babylonian system drains both the living and the dead for funds to finance her cancerous spread throughout the world.

The nuns cells were bare except for a statue of the Virgin Mary holding an infant Jesus. As I dropped on the sharp wires which lined the prayer board and prostrated my arms on still other penetrating wire, I would pray earnestly for lost humanity. I had been taught that my suffering and bloodshed would help to save them. I believed that my poor old grandmother would be released sooner from purgatory (our family priest had assured us she went there at death) because of my sufferings. Often, in spite of the misery, I was spurred on to continue in this painful posture longer, fervently hoping to speed her release.

We were taught that for every drop of blood we shed in the convent we would have 100 days less to spend in purgatory. When nuns worked in the kitchen or other places underground they often wounded themselves to spill blood for this purpose. We had it hammered into our thinking that, as we spilled our own blood, as we whipped and lacerated our bodies, tortured and tormented them, we were gaining indulgence for ourselves and others from purgatory. Remember there is no hope in a convent; nothing to look forward to except continuous pain, exhaustion, starvation and finally death. (Leviticus 19:28).

To those who have been taught the truth of salvation through faith in Jesus Christ and know of the marvelous grace of God, it may seem incredible that anyone could be so deluded and ignorant. I remind you that if you had been taught nothing else all your life and, if as an impressionable child you had been spirited away to be brainwashed and finally imprisoned in a convent, you would not know any better either.

It took ten terrible years in the convent before I finally realized the awful truth that I had been duped. I was finally convinced that the Virgin Mary, Jesus, Joseph, St. Peter, and all the other saints were simply unfeeling metal, wood or plaster statues. It was a shock when I knew they could do nothing to answer all the fervent prayers poured out to them by faithful and deluded people all over the world.

It is surprising how tenacious my faith in all those false idols was. How long it took to really realize the bitter truth about them and the deception in which we had been snared. Bitterly, I came to believe that, if there was a God, He certainly either was dead or cared nothing about humanity. Oh, the hours I and others have spent in earnest, sobbing prayer at the feet of these dumb statues. (Jeremiah 10:19).

One regular monthly event we always dreaded was the visit of the father confessor to the convent. Each time it was a different priest but they were all basically the same. I hated going and always attempted to get in the back row. I lived in a convent so long that I would never trust any priest. All of the ones I met were rotten and vile. The ordeal of confession sometimes took all day. One by one the nuns had to file in to the room where the priest was waiting. Never did I see a priest in the convent who had not been drinking.

The room was bare except for the inevitable statue of the Virgin Mary. The priest perched in a straight-backed chair and the nun must come in and kneel before him. If she got out without being defiled and forced into some unspeakable depravity she was fortunate. No one ever interrupted the priest and the woman, no matter what transpired. One after another the nuns would enter and leave the room.

At other times it was not unusual for the Mother Superior to usher in a drunken priest who would pick out a nun and take her to a cell with him for more liquor and sex. The Mother Superior was a hard and carnal woman who had borne numbers of illegitimate children of priests and usually she drank with the visitors. The priest was well fed, healthy, and strong and lived a relatively easy life; therefore a poor, weakened nun was no match for him, to fight him off. Because she was helpless, he did whatever he pleased and violated her any way he chose. There is no one to defend or help her and none to even care about her being forced into harlotry. Because Mother Superior locked the cell there was no way to escape.

Often I have nursed these little nuns after they had been brutalized and shamefully abused. Only the priest's imagination limited the kind of indignities he could inflict on his victim. I saw and experienced all kinds of sickening evidences of the wildest kinds of lust being exercised in the convents. The body of the nun often looked as if it were something to be thrown out to the hogs, covered with dozens of bruises and other marks. The people who say I exaggerate are either the priests, trying to squelch the truth, or those who have never been inside the convents. Because I was there, I know the truth, which is monstrous and shocking!

Can you imagine the terrible position of the nun confronted by the priest? If she displeased or refused him, he would complain to the Mother Superior. Putting their two evil minds together they would come up with things to do to that nun which normal minds would never imagine. In a day or two after she resisted the priest, Mother Superior would call her aside to do penance again. There was no choice and with sinking heart she would be led down into the dungeons where the awful reprisal dreamed up by the priest and Mother Superior would be executed.

Some mornings when we were preparing to go to work Mother Superior would call out ten or fifteen of us. We were trembling and apprehensive, never knowing what was coming. We were never allowed to question; only obey, like mindless machines. Would we be punished, go to the penance chambers or what? Then she abruptly would give the order for us to line up and remove all our clothes. With sinking hearts we did as we were told. We knew from experience what was coming next.
Hmm fascinating story. So does this convent have a name? And also the name of the Mother Superior? So that we can all verify Charlotte's claims.
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Syncan(m): 3:13pm On May 07, 2015
:
This story was certainly sensational. Was it true? I wrote my first post trying to figure out if it's believable or not. In my estimation find it perplexing and fraudulent.

Number one: St. Theresa of Lisieaux entered the convent at 15 years old only because she was given a dispensation from the Pope. That Charlotte joined the convent at barely 13? It's too young. No convent would have taken her. I know she said she went to Convent School, but to leave her family like that? It doesn't fly.

If she was learning about the cloistered life, she would have expected to have her hair cut and to take vows of poverty, chastity, and obedience. She seemed clueless about that. It sounds as if she didn't really have a vocation.

Her general comments were unrevealing and particular comments told a horror story unspecifically.

Her speech used no Catholic terminology: the Divine Office, the Blessed Sacrament, "going to Confession" not "Confessional", Stations of the Cross (instead of the 14 Steps ... etc.) and she knew none of the saints. She referred to penances as "tortures" and mistakenly was in the cloister to pray for the entire world. She doesn't speak like a Catholic.

I'm close with some Sisters, (one is in the family), a Cloistered Nun, and have been very good friends with a Priest for 20 yrs. These are good people who love Christ and offer their works, joys, and sufferings for others. No doubt it's a difficult life.

I've also known some bad apples, but I'm not going to judge the entire Catholic Church on those who malign the Church's teachings. The fact is, the Church has performed wonderful works for the poor, the ill, for children, the incarcerated etc ... for years and years. It has propagated Christianity.

The Catholic Church is the Bride of Christ. Our roots go back to Christ and the Apostles. Charlotte blames "Rome", but Rome was miles away. Rome doesn't have cameras and speakers inside every convent, rectory, or Confessional.

For someone who entered the convent, this woman knew little to nothing about her faith, causing me to wonder if this is just a story about what someone thinks goes on in a cloistered convent in order to cast aspersions on the Catholic Church.

There were generalities and foggy particulars given. As far as being an RN --- I am, and she didn't speak like one. She didn't sound that she'd been educated beyond grammar school. There is no conceivable way she could sneak out to Nursing School during the day. She didn't remember the deadly concoction of meds administered to Mr. Superior.

So ... there are many out there who hate what they "think" the Catholic Church is, but when they do some real investigating ... learning ... searching for truth ... they come home.

The above says it all. Let protestants blinded by hatred continue to fool themselves.
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by vest(m): 4:24pm On May 07, 2015
Israel23:
follow Jesus,He is the way,the truth and the life.He saved me and can save you too.pray,confess your sins and invite Him into your life to be your personal saviour and Lord and trust me you will see the light.then go to a spirit filled church where the gospel of christ is preached.JESUS IS THE SAVIOUR
oga trust me i ve done all this things u mention and christ keep drawing me closer to him in the catholic church xpecialy when i recieve the eucharist.now oga let me ask u when u where in the church did any body taught u dat
1)u shld nt follow jesus
2)dat he is nt d way the truth nd life
3)dat he can't save u
4)dat u can't pray, confess to him tand make him be your personal saviour

every single day the gospel of christ is being preach at least once in any parish of the world. I wonda whic church is more spirit filed than the church dat cannonized the bible and has existed since the time of the apostle till now that has bein regonized as one of the best charitable orgnization in the world. Oga tell ur self the truth na! 50-70% of people that let the church today is due to pride and ignorance.
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 07, 2015
vest:
oga trust me i ve done all this things u mention and christ keep drawing me closer to him in the catholic church xpecialy when i recieve the eucharist.now oga let me ask u when u where in the church did any body taught u dat
1)u shld nt follow jesus
2)dat he is nt d way the truth nd life
3)dat he can't save u
4)dat u can't pray, confess to him tand make him be your personal saviour

every single day the gospel of christ is being preach at least once in any parish of the world. I wonda whic church is more spirit filed than the church dat cannonized the bible and has existed since the time of the apostle till now that has bein regonized as one of the best charitable orgnization in the world. Oga tell ur self the truth na! 50-70% of people that let the church today is due to pride and ignorance.
trust me brother,i was once a devoted catholic and used to think all noncatholics were unsaved until i was once invited to a prayer meeting by a friend back in school.the way they were praying seemed strange to me and i was finding it hard to cope because what i knew was praying with the rosary and other forms which was quite different from what i was seeing and hearing.As i was standing in their midst while they were busily praying in tongues ,something all of a sudden came upon me and i felt uneasy afterwhich i started feeling light in weight with the feeling that something had left me which left me in tears.I emptied my soul with tears that day,crying like a baby.The leader of the prayer group then approached me and told me to take a rosary off my neck which i had on all the time.After that experience,i gave my life to Jesus at a sunday service in school led by a pastor.Complete feeling and joy became my portion afterwards accompanied by a strong desire for the word of God.catholic ways became strange to me and i had no desire for them anymore.I started walking with the Lord,praying and studying the bible which led to my spiritual growth.this is my story bro and trust me all catholics are in deception,i've received revelations from God and i know it because i was once in it.i know and understand how you feel because i've been there before.I'm now walking and living in the power of the holy spirit and im entirely different from who i used to be.I pray you also experience this bro,GOD BLESS YOU!

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by SalC: 7:09pm On May 07, 2015
Israel23:
trust me brother,i was once a devoted catholic and used to think all noncatholics were unsaved until i was once invited to a prayer meeting by a friend back in school.the way they were praying seemed strange to me and i was finding it hard to cope because what i knew was praying with the rosary and other forms which was quite different from what i was seeing and hearing.As i was standing in their midst while they were busily praying in tongues ,something all of a sudden came upon me and i felt uneasy afterwhich i started feeling light in weight with the feeling that something had left me which left me in tears.I emptied my soul with tears that day,crying like a baby.The leader of the prayer group then approached me and told me to take a rosary off my neck which i had on all the time.After that experience,i gave my life to Jesus at a sunday service in school led by a pastor.Complete feeling and joy became my portion afterwards accompanied by a strong desire for the word of God.catholic ways became strange to me and i had no desire for them anymore.I started walking with the Lord,praying and studying the bible which led to my spiritual growth.this is my story bro and trust me all catholics are in deception,i've received revelations from God and i know it because i was once in it.i know and understand how you feel because i've been there before.I'm now walking and living in the power of the holy spirit and im entirely different from who i used to be.I pray you also experience this bro,GOD BLESS YOU!
You can't be sure you are not the one in deception. You had an experience that made you leave the Catholic Church? I also know the fire brand style of protestants who had experiences that made them become Catholics, at least for these people, I can ascertain they actual must have had experience that made them convert, and one one Nairalander came up to tell them God deceived these people into becoming Catholic while leading him out of the so called deception.

Pls tell me another story, when I see all these non catholic hypes, I wonder if its not thesame place I've been to.

Good for you that you have an experience that made you leave the church and good for me that I had another that made me an unapologetic Catholic.
Re: Confessions Of A Nun About The Activities That Goes On In A Covent. MUST READ!!! by Nobody: 7:36pm On May 07, 2015
SalC:
You can't be sure you are not the one in deception. You had an experience that made you leave the Catholic Church? I also know the fire brand style of protestants who had experiences that made them become Catholics, at least for these people, I can ascertain they actual must have had experience that made them convert, and one one Nairalander came up to tell them God deceived these people into becoming Catholic while leading him out of the so called deception.

Pls tell me another story, when I see all these non catholic hypes, I wonder if its not thesame place I've been to.

Good for you that you have an experience that made you leave the church and good for me that I had another that made me an unapologetic Catholic.
God bless you brother,please fast and pray and ask God to let you know the actual truth.i understand you,ive felt this sure before and i used to argue and challenge people over my catholic faith.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

10 Things Every Young Person Need To Hear Today / Peter Ejiofor's Wife Delivers Quadruplets: 4 Boys After 7 Years (Photos) / Benny Hinn's Miracle & Impartation Service At Christ Embassy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.