Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,157 members, 7,835,866 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:28 PM

3.75 Gp Master Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 3.75 Gp Master Students (1590 Views)

First Year GP Of 0.7, Am I Worthless? / Academic Scholarships For Master Students At Hamburg University In Germany / AMSTERDAM Excellence Scholarship 2015/2016 FOR Master Students (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3.75 Gp Master Students by macEDWIN(m): 5:54am On May 06, 2015
What is minimum masters gp requirement for PhD study and which schools cos a student has 3.75 gp in his master though at the last chapter of his master's thesis he doesn't know if to continue or not cos of his master's gp he saw from FUTO pls ur advice will be appreciated
Re: 3.75 Gp Master Students by GboyegaD(m): 6:11am On May 06, 2015
He could try UI or Ife because their PhD grade is 60% which I believe his 3.75 might surpass since I'm not sure if how they compute the percentage.
Re: 3.75 Gp Master Students by macEDWIN(m): 6:31am On May 06, 2015
GboyegaD:
He could try UI or Ife because their PhD grade is 60% which I believe his 3.75 might surpass since I'm not sure if how they compute the percentage.
. He wants to enroll immediately after his master's to PhD. Thanks alot
Re: 3.75 Gp Master Students by tolextony(m): 7:36am On May 06, 2015
@Unilorin,60% gp in Msc is one of the requirements for Phd...
Check https://www.unilorin.edu.ng/pgschool/news_details.php?ed=3&newsID=14#ed for details(the link is for last year advert tho')
You can also check pg school portal of other unis for details on their admission requirements!!!
Re: 3.75 Gp Master Students by saktoy83: 7:50am On May 06, 2015
UI is no more computing in percentages buh in CGP-Cumulative Grade Point. Therefore, 3.75 is far behind what UI can admit. Maybe I ll advice yu to enroll for M.phil or look out for other schls that suit yur grade.
Re: 3.75 Gp Master Students by Nobody: 8:26am On May 06, 2015
Unizik
Re: 3.75 Gp Master Students by ChigbunduE(m): 2:31pm On May 06, 2015
macEDWIN:
What is minimum masters gp requirement for PhD study and which schools cos a student has 3.75 gp in his master though at the last chapter of his master's thesis he doesn't know if to continue or not cos of his master's gp he saw from FUTO pls ur advice will be appreciated
You can't just drop out because you didn't make 4.0. Did you calculate the GP with the worst case scenario for your research? Just like someone have adviced, you can go for M.Phil
But then I think, though the 4.0 GP is general, not all departments in all schools is using the 4.0 benchmark.
intbizoil:
Unizik
For PhD in Unizik, it is 4.0
Re: 3.75 Gp Master Students by macEDWIN(m): 11:19pm On May 06, 2015
ChigbunduE:

You can't just drop out because you didn't make 4.0. Did you calculate the GP with the worst case scenario for your research? Just like someone have adviced, you can go for M.Phil
But then I think, though the 4.0 GP is general, not all departments in all schools is using the 4.0 benchmark.
For PhD in Unizik, it is 4.0
in FUTO SAAT as school of agriculture doesn't attach any grade for research ie research is o but u must do it but is there any state university that will 3.75 master for PhD
Re: 3.75 Gp Master Students by ChigbunduE(m): 12:00am On May 10, 2015
macEDWIN:
in FUTO SAAT as school of agriculture doesn't attach any grade for research ie research is o but u must do it but is there any state university that will 3.75 master for PhD
I once heard my prof tell someone to go to ANSU, uli to do his MSc because she didn't get the required GP to come to unizik. So i guess ANSU may be taking lower GP for MSc and invariably lower GP for PhD too.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help With UNN Graduates Transcription Submission To UI PG School / Koredo Bello Celebrates His Matriculation / Words Commonly Mispronounced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.