Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,250 members, 7,825,981 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply (2098 Views)

Help Water Melon Farmers I Need To Solve This Fast / To Poultry Farmers! I Want To Buy Ur Poultry Feed Sacks / Cucumber & Watermelon Farmers From Lagos, Ogun Oyo, Please Signify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 8:02am On May 06, 2015
Great watermelon farmers,.........i really need advice from experience farmers or suppliers. if i get a supply contract of 10,000 pieces/balls of watermelon per week througout a year or more, how can i meet up?
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:44am On May 10, 2015
Morin Vegetable fruits farmer
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:19pm On May 10, 2015
My people, dont be selfish........ your experience based advice please.
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 3:15am On May 13, 2015
Have you done such a supply ? I mean regular supply of farm produce. please..........share your story with me.
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 4:28pm On May 15, 2015
Since May 6, NO single tip recieved........shai ! there is God oooooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by Davidelect15: 10:38pm On May 15, 2015
@Olamimo
I ll want us to discuss somethings out.... though with my knowledge, I can say it might not be possible this time. but yet, for more we can extend our conversation to 0806124388.
i am a watermelon farmer, so, you have nothing to loose.
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 4:35am On May 16, 2015
Davidelect15:
@Olamimo
I ll want us to discuss somethings out.... though with my knowledge, I can say it might not be possible this time. but yet, for more we can extend our conversation to 0806124388.
i am a watermelon farmer, so, you have nothing to loose.
your mobile number is incomplete.
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 3:14pm On May 20, 2015
Naija people with selfishness and envy..........o ga o !

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by TheUnbeatable(m): 9:17am On May 27, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
Great watermelon farmers,.........i really need advice from experience farmers or suppliers. if i get a supply contract of 10,000 pieces/balls of watermelon per week througout a year or more, how can i meet up?

@Op:

Let me correct your notion. Nigerian farmers are not selfish for not replying your request. They are just very busy with their livelihood. * laughs* "if you are the one in their shoes nko"?
How many "real" farmers can boast of visiting nairaland forum every day?
This is the first time I am seeing this your post. So please don't commit falacy of hasty generalisation.

Back to your question.
You want to supply 10,000 balls of watermelon per week. *laughs*
I think this is where people just took a you turn and left your post. My brother/sister. I am not saying it is impossible but where? When? (is it an event or ceremony? And is the ceremony throughout the year? )
My brother, business is never like that o. It's up and down. When you are not the only one supplying watermelon to the town.
You will be shocked to see some people because of bad belle, go and supply to your customers too at a ridiculously cheap price just to discharge you and these people don't mind stealing the farm products. Haven't you heared of thieves going in the night and harvesting innocent farmers crops?

There are many things involved in this your line of business you need to get acquitted with for you to achieve this feet.

Wait gaan, where do you think you want to source such quantity of crops from? Except you want to plant yourself just to make up for weeks of bad market.
Infact, your transport cost for sourcing them from farm to farm or village to village will consume your profit margin shapshap.

My brother, the business terrrain is not express sir but challenging!

I am not saying it is not possible but you must do "super extra thinking and work" to make this a reality.

Massive respect.

2 Likes

Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 10:39pm On May 27, 2015
A single answer/post like many ! tnx.
TheUnbeatable:

@Op:

Let me correct your notion. Nigerian farmers are not selfish for not replying your request. They are just very busy with their livelihood. * laughs* "if you are the one in their shoes nko"?
How many "real" farmers can boast of visiting nairaland forum every day?
This is the first time I am seeing this your post. So please don't commit falacy of hasty generalisation.

Back to your question.
You want to supply 10,000 balls of watermelon per week. *laughs*
I think this is where people just took a you turn and left your post. My brother/sister. I am not saying it is impossible but where? When? (is it an event or ceremony? And is the ceremony throughout the year? )
My brother, business is never like that o. It's up and down. When you are not the only one supplying watermelon to the town.
You will be shocked to see some people because of bad belle, go and supply to your customers too at a ridiculously cheap price just to discharge you and these people don't mind stealing the farm products. Haven't you heared of thieves going in the night and harvesting innocent farmers crops?

There are many things involved in this your line of business you need to get acquitted with for you to achieve this feet.

Wait gaan, where do you think you want to source such quantity of crops from? Except you want to plant yourself just to make up for weeks of bad market.
Infact, your transport cost for sourcing them from farm to farm or village to village will consume your profit margin shapshap.

My brother, the business terrrain is not express sir but challenging!

I am not saying it is not possible but you must do "super extra thinking and work" to make this a reality.

Massive respect.

1 Like

Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:51pm On Jun 08, 2015
Lets look at it from another angle. Can a farmer produce 10,000 watermelon monthly all year round ?
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by Denn(m): 8:26am On Jun 09, 2015
It is possible.

Theoretically, if you plant x number of crops that will give you a guaranteed output of 10000 balls this week and plant the same number of crops the following week etc, you will be able to harvest weekly assuming you have irrigation facilities.

That implies having 52 planting cycles in a year.

Watermelon is around 90 days plus or minus. That is 12 weeks. You can re-plant the land by the 14th week assuming ploughing and tilling takes place immediately.

You are talking about a mega-super-scale farm.

You will own tractors, ploughs, delivery vans, processing centres, labour with computer assisted work plan scheduling and very strict farm management practice.

100 hectarces of full cultivation
5 to 10 Massey Ferguson tractors each 120 HP
A large office building to handle logistics.
5 delivery vehicles 2.5 tons each
10 industrial bore hokes
A Cessna aeroplane for spraying pesticides
A landing strip
Preservation room
Ripening room
20 farm hands
5 farm managers
1 admin officer

The list goes on

5 Likes

Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by obstead200(m): 8:50pm On Jun 09, 2015
Denn:
It is possible.

Theoretically, if you plant x number of crops that will give you a guaranteed output of 10000 balls this week and plant the same number of crops the following week etc, you will be able to harvest weekly assuming you have irrigation facilities.

That implies having 52 planting cycles in a year.

Watermelon is around 90 days plus or minus. That is 12 weeks. You can re-plant the land by the 14th week assuming ploughing and tilling takes place immediately.

You are talking about a mega-super-scale farm.

You will own tractors, ploughs, delivery vans, processing centres, labour with computer assisted work plan scheduling and very strict farm management practice.

100 hectarces of full cultivation
5 to 10 Massey Ferguson tractors each 120 HP
A large office building to handle logistics.
5 delivery vehicles 2.5 tons each
10 industrial bore hokes
A Cessna aeroplane for spraying pesticides
A landing strip
Preservation room
Ripening room
20 farm hands
5 farm managers
1 admin officer

The list goes on
Man!!
U really killed it. Lwkmd!!!!
In fact, the op cud as well just reserve N1.5billion in raw cash before bothering to ask this hypothetical question
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 6:42pm On Jun 10, 2015
obstead200:

Man!!
U really killed it. Lwkmd!!!!
In fact, the op cud as well just reserve N1.5billion in raw cash before bothering to ask this hypothetical question
You got it right Man
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by ventura: 11:52pm On Jun 10, 2015
Plz are you on Bbm, if yes plz add me 7E0C54B1 or send your email to countrysideinvestments@gmail.com. Let us talk, will have God willing 20 hectares of watermelon by November
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by Soloxam(m): 5:19am On Jun 11, 2015
ventura:
Plz are you on Bbm, if yes plz add me 7E0C54B1 or send your email to countrysideinvestments@gmail.com. Let us talk, will have God willing 20 hectares of watermelon by November
20 ha? Hummmmm, I will advice you plant them in batches.... Say at two weeks interval for several reasons.
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 9:18am On Jun 11, 2015
Soloxam:
20 ha? Hummmmm, I will advice you plant them in batches.... Say at two weeks interval for several reasons.
thanks bro. If the guy understands watermelon biz, he will heed your advice.
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 5:17pm On Jul 19, 2015
Watermelon
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by sheyi86: 7:40pm On Jul 19, 2015
OLAMIMO12:
Watermelon
happy sunday sir, in the begining of dis year d weather forecaster said dat there would nt be much rain nd it wl soon stop which is really happening and u advised me to plant it(WM) by sept, sir hw can it survive if the rain should stop by october.thanks sir.
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by Farmersfarm(m): 2:52pm On Jul 20, 2015
@ olamimo do you want us to supply you part of the 10,000 balls then answer the following questions'

What is your mode of payment?
where is your location?

send a mail to farmersfarmland@yahoo.com
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 7:54pm On Jul 20, 2015
Farmersfarm:
@ olamimo do you want us to supply you part of the 10,000 balls then answer the following questions'

What is your mode of payment?
where is your location?

send a mail to farmersfarmland@yahoo.com

l didnt take the contract for reasons. lf you have quality fruits for sale, l can assist with marketing. my location is lbadan
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by Farmersfarm(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2015
@ Olamimo what is you contact either email or phone number i can give you a call to start with
Re: Watermelon Farmers, I Need Your Advise On Supply by OLAMIMO12(m): 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Farmersfarm:
@ Olamimo what is you contact either email or phone number i can give you a call to start with

(1) (Reply)

Facts About Chameleons. / Plantain Plantations In Lagos And Ogun State / My YABDI Youth Agri Busi. Dev Initiative Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.