Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,475 members, 7,840,050 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. (1246 Views)

Rivers Rerun Election: INEC Materials Arrive (Photos) / Rerun: INEC Materials Arrive Rivers State - Photos / Abia Election: Mike Ozekhome Faults Appeal Court Ruling (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. by thejurist: 10:58am On May 06, 2015
Abia Election fall out:
INEC Staff arrested with Sensitive INEC materials indicts Alex Otti/APGA.

*Enyioma Uche, Charles Mba and Amah Uche Eddy are the three INEC ICT staff caught with card readers and other sensitive materials at the wee hours of yesterday as they were trying to smuggle these sensitive materials out of the INEC office in Umuahia.
Following the ongoing interrogation at the Police Zonal Headquarters, Zone 9 in Umuahia, the three staff confessed that they were induced to manipulate ballot papers in those areas that PDP won with wide margin. They also went further to confess that they were asked to legitimize the malpractices done in Aba South, Aba North, Umuahia South and Arochukwu LGAs during the April 11 election in Abia State.
The arrested INEC officials upon further interrogation revealed that they were paid by APGA to carry out this mission before the Tribunal cases instituted by APGA against PDP commences.
However, The INEC REC for Abia State, Professor Selina Oko confirmed that the three INEC Staff currently in Police custody are ICT staff of INEC. She said the men have confessed to have been paid some undisclosed amount of money by a Political party to alter and manipulate materials to be used in the tribunal by those still challenging the outcome of the polls. According to her, the perpetrators will be charged to Court by the Authority in due course.

Re: Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. by NCOIM(m): 11:00am On May 06, 2015
#Space booked

I've no comment to make
Re: Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. by Nobody: 11:07am On May 06, 2015
Typing....................
Before I finish typing I wanna drop dis
Say no to "change"
We nid transformation
I pray and hope we won't regret voting out transformation
Re: Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. by sleeknick: 11:13am On May 06, 2015
Can Anything Good Ever Come Out Of Abia?
Re: Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. by Nobody: 11:24am On May 06, 2015
news don break
Re: Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. by onyfrank: 12:13pm On May 06, 2015
This Op u can lie o.
here is the latest in abia state. 'The plot by Gov. Theodore Orji of Abia state to compromise the Assistant Inspector- Gener al (AIG) of Police, Zone 9, Umuahia, Mr. Usman Gwary, to release unconditionally the six members of staff of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), arrested on Tuesday in Umuahia for allegedly attempting to take away seven card readers and result sheets from the commission's office has been uncovered. An impeccable source at Zone 9 said that the governor had offered ''irresistible' ' and ''mouth watering'' sum of money to the AIG ''to release the suspects and kill the report.'' The source said on the condition of anonymity that the governor was ''jittery'' that the arrested persons ''might spill the milk'' and expose the way the governorship result was manipulated to favour the PDP candidate against the candidate of APGA, Dr. Alex Otti. The source further said that ''it is not clear yet whether the AIG has accepted the money to kill the case because the money can be paid into the bank without my knowledge.'' It was gathered that the governor personally went to meet the AIG in his quarters to solicit his ''immediate intervention before the matter would get to the press.'' It was learnt that the card readers and the result sheets were deployed in Obingwa Local Government Area, where a whooping 82,240 votes were credited to PDP as against 1,952 votes for APGA, even when elections did not take place in the area. Sources at INEC said that no card reader was used for accreditation in Obingwa, Osisioma, Ugwunagbo and Isialangwa North Local Government Areas during the governorship poll. Meanwhile, confessional statements by the arrested INEC staff showed that the card readers were being taken away so that ''ICT experts can manipulate them to support the number of votes ''criminally'' allocated to PDP governorship candidate in the election.'' The list of arrested INEC staff includes the Head of ICT Dept., Engr. Herbert Ejiofor, Mr Nnamdi Nwabuko, who was driving the materials out of INEC office at the time of his arrest, Amauche Ebi Dike, Charles Mba, Nkem Ichita, Uche Enyioma, Innocent Dire, all members of staff of the ICT department and the Secretary to the Resident Electoral Commissioner, Esther David.v

1 Like

Re: Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. by onyfrank: 12:26pm On May 06, 2015
Police on Monday evening arrested an official of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Umuahia, Mr Nnamdi Nwabuko, for allegedly attempting to smuggle out seven card readers and some sensitive materials out of INEC office. Mr Nwabuko, working in the ICT department, was said to have been arrested by policemen posted to guard the INEC office in the Abia State capital. Nwabuko was said to be conveying the materials,
which were reportedly used in Obingwa Local Government Area, during the governorship election, when he was apprehended by the security operatives. He was immediately detained, while his ash- colour Camry car was impounded. Confirming the incident to newsmen in her office on Tuesday, the Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC), Prof. Selina Oko, said that she had handed over Nwabuko and the head of the ICT department, Mr Herbert Ejiofor, to Zone 9 police “for further investigations.” “When I came to work this morning, I was informed that one of my staff was arrested by the police, while trying to take away some electoral materials out, and when I inspected the booth of his car, it was discovered that there were seven card readers and other sensitive materials used during the elections. I handed them over to the police because they were taking the materials away without my approval,” Oko said. She described the act as condemnable, saying: “It would have been difficult for me to know that materials were being taken away from here if they were not caught on their way out.” The REC said that she could not have authorised the suspects to take the materials out of the premises “even if they had sought for her approval,” asking: “How can I authorise sensitive
materials to be taken away from the office?” She confirmed that the commission’s office at Isialangwa South Local Government Council was set ablaze on April 12, while collation of results was going on at the INEC office in Umuahia, adding that another attempt to burn down the commission’s office at Obingwa Local Government Council was unsuccessful. The Assistant Inspector-General of Police in charge of Zone 9, Mr Usman Gwary, confirmed the arrest of the INEC staff, adding, however: “As far as I am concerned, no crime has been established against anybody. We will need to contact INEC in order to be able to establish whether what the people were doing was wrong, but I did not say that nothing is wrong.” Source News Express
Re: Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. by plusteam: 12:30pm On May 06, 2015
Check that Op's profile and will see where he is coming from. Had it been God is not a merciful Father, that Op and his father T.A and cohorts would have long been strike die by thunder.
Re: Abia Election Fall Out: INEC Staff Arrested With Sensitive INEC Materials. by asha80(m): 12:36pm On May 06, 2015
onyfrank:
This Op u can lie o.

here is the latest in abia state. 'The plot by Gov.
Theodore Orji of Abia
state to compromise
the Assistant Inspector-
Gener al (AIG) of Police, Zone 9, Umuahia, Mr.
Usman Gwary, to
release unconditionally
the six members of
staff of the
Independent National Electoral Commission
(INEC), arrested on
Tuesday in Umuahia for
allegedly attempting to
take away seven card
readers and result sheets from the
commission's office has
been uncovered.
An impeccable source at
Zone 9 said that the
governor had offered ''irresistible' ' and ''mouth watering'' sum
of money to the AIG ''to
release the suspects
and kill the report.''
The source said on the
condition of anonymity that the governor was
''jittery'' that the
arrested persons ''might
spill the milk'' and
expose the way the
governorship result was manipulated to favour
the PDP candidate
against the candidate
of APGA, Dr. Alex Otti.
The source further said
that ''it is not clear yet whether the AIG has
accepted the money to
kill the case because
the money can be paid
into the bank without
my knowledge.'' It was gathered that
the governor personally
went to meet the AIG in
his quarters to solicit
his ''immediate
intervention before the matter would get to
the press.''
It was learnt that the
card readers and the
result sheets were
deployed in Obingwa Local Government Area,
where a whooping
82,240 votes were
credited to PDP as
against 1,952 votes for
APGA, even when elections did not take
place in the area.
Sources at INEC said
that no card reader
was used for
accreditation in Obingwa, Osisioma,
Ugwunagbo and
Isialangwa North Local
Government Areas
during the governorship
poll. Meanwhile, confessional
statements by the
arrested INEC staff
showed that the card
readers were being
taken away so that ''ICT experts can
manipulate them to
support the number of
votes ''criminally''
allocated to PDP
governorship candidate in the election.''
The list of arrested INEC
staff includes the Head
of ICT Dept., Engr.
Herbert Ejiofor, Mr
Nnamdi Nwabuko, who was driving the
materials out of INEC
office at the time of his
arrest, Amauche Ebi
Dike, Charles Mba, Nkem
Ichita, Uche Enyioma, Innocent Dire, all
members of staff of
the ICT department and
the Secretary to the
Resident Electoral
Commissioner, Esther David.v
where is the source of this particular information?

(1) (Reply)

Four Edo Govt Officials Arrested Over Cult Activities / Photo Of Buhari And His Wife, Aisha As Newlyweds / Situation In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.