Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,148 members, 7,849,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 02:43 AM

Come And See African Madness - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Come And See African Madness (3273 Views)

Millitary Please Come And Take Over Before Its Messed Up Completely / Suspected Boko Haram Member Feigns Madness, Narrowly Escapes Arrest In Yobe / Come And See Nigerian Madness: 62 Senators Board Plane To World Cup! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Come And See African Madness by gadogado(m): 6:36pm On Oct 28, 2009
@tpia

i dont know why you love me so much, always harassing me!!!the attire gadaffi is wearing is senegalese in origin and you can find stuff like that in mali too, its the same style abacha had, and actually, it was an encounter that gadaffi had with abacha back in 1995 that prompted gadaffi's adoption of the deep-dye attire you see him wearing. his admiration for the attire and style of abacha was too much for him to contain.im sure if you research it, you'll find that this is exactly what happened!!
but if you missed my earlier point, i said berbers and hausas have many cultural similarites, actually, the kanuri people of borno state who are also called bari bari (abacha's tribe) were also referred to as berbers when they were part of the kanem empire which stretched from present day borno state in nigeria through most of chad to the fezzan desert of libya.know your history before you mount a campaign of sarcasm against me.
hausas,kanuri,berbers have alot in common and at a point, they all intermingled so well, even today,if you're very familiar with northern nigeria, then you'll see alot of white skinned berbers usually from niger who are primarily gate-men, so kanuris,berbers,tuareg people, hausas,some fulanis are very culturally and genetically intertwined!!!more so culturally tho!!
Re: Come And See African Madness by WilyWily: 12:43am On Nov 01, 2009
gadogado:

@beaf
did you know that it was hausa people that introduced clothes to yoruba people, before their contact, yorubas didnt wear clothes, so the agbada is just a babanriga in yoruba style. Hausas are more advanced than yoruba people.

Eh Yorubas don't wear clothes before, nah wah. Hausa go dey use style dey look those Big out of shape Ijebu women Bakassi.
Re: Come And See African Madness by Nobody: 2:12am On Nov 01, 2009
gadogado:

@tpia

i dont know why you love me so much, always harassing me!!!the attire gadaffi is wearing is senegalese in origin and you can find stuff like that in mali too, its the same style abacha had, and actually, it was an encounter that gadaffi had with abacha back in 1995 that prompted gadaffi's adoption of the deep-dye attire you see him wearing. his admiration for the attire and style of abacha was too much for him to contain.im sure if you research it, you'll find that this is exactly what happened!!
but if you missed my earlier point, i said berbers and hausas have many cultural similarites, actually, the kanuri people of borno state who are also called bari bari (abacha's tribe) were also referred to as berbers when they were part of the kanem empire which stretched from present day borno state in nigeria through most of chad to the fezzan desert of libya.know your history before you mount a campaign of sarcasm against me.
hausas,kanuri,berbers have alot in common and at a point, they all intermingled so well, even today,if you're very familiar with northern nigeria, then you'll see alot of white skinned berbers usually from niger who are primarily gate-men, so kanuris,berbers,tuareg people, hausas,some fulanis are very culturally and genetically intertwined!!!more so culturally tho!!

you're an idiot.

I asked you if agbada is the only Yoruba style of clothing you know?

answer that question instead of perambulating like a wombat.
Re: Come And See African Madness by Hanoobaba(m): 7:02am On Nov 01, 2009
@ gadogado: How dare you say Hausas taught Yorubas how to dress. You had better start attending an history class. For your info, the Yorubas migrated all the way from Egypt. You can only accuse some tribes like the Egbas of putting on aprons or 'bante' as it is locally reffered to. And a word of advise, kindly change your username. That gadogado is a Yoruba onomatopoeia which means a thug, vagabond, criminal just name it.
Re: Come And See African Madness by Nobody: 7:40am On Nov 01, 2009
Hanoobaba:

@ gadogado: How dare you say Hausas taught Yorubas how to dress. You had better start attending an history class. For your info, the Yorubas migrated all the way from Egypt. You can only accuse some tribes like the Egbas of putting on aprons or 'bante' as it is locally reffered to. And a word of advise, kindly change your username. That gadogado is a Yoruba onomatopoeia which means a thug, vagabond, criminal just name it.

What has the Egbas done to you, you stupid Ijebu man? angry cheesy

gadogado:

@beaf

did you know that it was hausa people that introduced clothes to yoruba people, before their contact, yorubas didnt wear clothes, so the agbada is just a babanriga in yoruba style. the hausas mixed with arabs and berbers from the north which is how that style of clothing became their culture. Hausas are more advanced than yoruba people.

Babariga or whatever you call it was originally copied from Mali. Whether you guys taught the Yorubas how to wear it may well be explained through some maps by becomrich and jonesman sjeezy. tongue
Re: Come And See African Madness by Nobody: 7:45am On Nov 01, 2009
nuzo:

Babariga or whatever you call it was originally copied from Mali. Whether you guys taught the Yorubas how to wear it may well be explained through some maps by becomrich and jonesman sjeezy. tongue

let me ask again in plain English:

Is - agbada- the- only- type -of -Yoruba -dressing- you- know
Re: Come And See African Madness by Hanoobaba(m): 7:57am On Nov 01, 2009
@nuzo: I'm an Egba man to the core and don't get me wrong I never said they wore the aprons alone.
Re: Come And See African Madness by saintneo(m): 2:13pm On Nov 01, 2009
even hausa ppl better pass this ppl
Re: Come And See African Madness by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 01, 2009
tpia.:

let me ask again in plain English:

Is - agbada- the- only- type -of -Yoruba -dressing- you- know

Is your question addressed to me based on my previous comment or to gadagoda? Cos my comment never mentioned I knew only agbada.
However, Hanoobaba has enriched my knowledge about other Yoruba dressing; apron/Bante.

Wonder what warranted your question in the first place if not your usual. . .  lipsrsealed

Iya Basira tongue
Re: Come And See African Madness by Nobody: 2:33pm On Nov 01, 2009
Hanoobaba:

@nuzo: I'm an Egba man to the core and don't get me wrong I never said they wore the aprons alone.

Who else among you wore apron/Bante? cool
Re: Come And See African Madness by Hanoobaba(m): 5:29pm On Nov 01, 2009
@ nuzo: Apart from the aprons, the men wore short breeches and jumper and a kind of cap called 'labarikada'. The ladies used Irobirin (under-bodice); head tie, and iborun. But that was way back even before they migrated from Ibadan.
Re: Come And See African Madness by Hanoobaba(m): 5:30pm On Nov 01, 2009
@ nuzo: Apart from the aprons, the men wore short breeches and jumper and a kind of cap called 'labarikada'. The ladies used Irobirin (under-bodice); head tie, and iborun. But that was way back even before they migrated from Ibadan.
Re: Come And See African Madness by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 01, 2009
nuzo:

Is your question addressed to me based on my previous comment or to gadagoda? Cos my comment never mentioned I knew only agbada.
However, Hanoobaba has enriched my knowledge about other Yoruba dressing; apron/Bante.

Wonder what warranted your question in the first place if not your usual. . . lipsrsealed

Iya Basira tongue

you're ignorant wink
Re: Come And See African Madness by MrCrackles(m): 9:47pm On Nov 01, 2009
Topic. . .
What the fuc.k shocked
Re: Come And See African Madness by gadogado(m): 9:55pm On Nov 01, 2009
@tpia, doesn't matter if yoruba people have "other" traditional dresses other than the agbada, the fact simply remains that agbadas are the most famous, most worn traditional dresses as far as yoruba people go. that means that whatever clothes they had prior to the agbada were seen as being less in grandeur and less tasteful which is why the adopted the babanriga from the hausas. even those hausas and berbers got that style from arabs. africans have never really been a clothe-wearing people. theres a great deal of evidence to suggest this,from explorers to travelers who came to the african interior, they all mention the fact that africans walked around naked. yoruba people for the longest time had no concept of clothes and walked around naked. nothing to be ashamed about, its really hot in africa so clothes cannot become a necessity.
Re: Come And See African Madness by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2009
gadogado:

@tpia, doesn't matter if yoruba people have "other" traditional dresses other than the agbada, the fact simply remains that agbadas are the most famous, most worn traditional dresses as far as yoruba people go. that means that whatever clothes they had prior to the agbada were seen as being less in grandeur and less tasteful which is why the adopted the babanriga from the hausas. even those hausas and berbers got that style from arabs. africans have never really been a clothe-wearing people. theres a great deal of evidence to suggest this,from explorers to travelers who came to the african interior, they all mention the fact that africans walked around naked. yoruba people for the longest time had no concept of clothes and walked around naked. nothing to be ashamed about, its really hot in africa so clothes cannot become a necessity.

maybe your village banned clothes till today.

Stop thinking everyone else has the same mentality undecided

If Yorubas used to beat you up for being annoying, it doesnt mean they havent been wearing clothes before all the long story you're posting here.

what's your connection with nuzo btw. Are you the same person.
Re: Come And See African Madness by gadogado(m): 10:04pm On Nov 01, 2009
@hanoobaba

yorubas did not come from egypt, what rubbish!! you guys will sink yourself in useless and false propaganda, i challenge you to furnish me with concrete evidence that yorubas came to south west nigeria and benin republic of today from egypt. yorubas dont even belong in the afro-asiatic racial group that the ancient egyptians belonged to. yorubas belong to the niger-congo family, so how you can draw any sort of connection between yorubas and ancient egyptians facsinates me! it is actually hausas that came from ancient egypt, hausas and ancient egyptians are all in the afro-asiatic phylum. take a look at this link

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afroasiatic_languages
Re: Come And See African Madness by gadogado(m): 10:30pm On Nov 01, 2009
tpia.:

maybe your village banned clothes till today.

Stop thinking everyone else has the same mentality undecided

If Yorubas used to beat you up for being annoying, it doesnt mean they havent been wearing clothes before all the long story you're posting here.

what's your connection with nuzo btw. Are you the same person.
dont reduce this thread to foolish and childish idiocy. yoruba people beat me up, well so did hausas when i was a junior student, when i became a senior, i beat yoruba kids as well as hausa kids and many others.that destroys the logic you're attempting to forment, that my "yoruba bashing" is somehow connected to my quest for retribution
Re: Come And See African Madness by Nobody: 10:33pm On Nov 01, 2009
gadogado:

dont reduce this thread to foolish and childish idiocy. yoruba people beat me up, well so did hausas when i was a junior student, when i became a senior, i beat yoruba kids as well as hausa kids and many others.that destroys the logic you're attempting to forment, that my "yoruba bashing" is somehow connected to my quest for retribution

retri wetin?

you seem to be wanting another beatdown.
Re: Come And See African Madness by gadogado(m): 10:41pm On Nov 01, 2009
address the substance!fool
Re: Come And See African Madness by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 01, 2009
One thing is obvious here, they've been practicing this for ages and it has not killed them all right? Leave them alone!!!. Now to refresh you bigot's brains here is an article from India. They will start manufacturing cow piss soda why? cause it's healthy and it's used to cure scores of diseases I'm not drinking it though. http://www.cowurine.com/ ,

Wait wait, could it be that these so called nomads knew about this?
Re: Come And See African Madness by No2Atheism(m): 6:26am On Nov 02, 2009
@topic

I noticed someone implied that Gaddafi is a Berber . . .

Please note the following:

a. Original Berbers are Black Africans . . . (notice that original black africans can be either very light skinned or very dark skinned). . . don't believe the image propaganda by the western media that african always have to look like most nigerians. Africans are the most diverse on earth, even siblings from the same father and mother can sometimes look completely different. At least there are examples of that in my family.

b. Current Berbers have become mixed with Arabs and Europeans, hence you have Berbers ranging from skin colour and features like Tom Cruise to skin colour and features like Wesley Snipe.

Finally, please note that

Gaddafi is just trying to deceive ignorant Africans by trying to dress like an African . . .
Gaddafi is an Arab. . .

Calling Gaddafi an African is same thing as making the mistake of calling saying the Arabs calling themselves Egyptians are Africans.

It is all just a lie . . .

Europeans are trying to colonise and take over Africa.
Arabs are also trying to colonise and take over africa.

Both of them are using violence (Colonialism, Congo, Darfur, Mauritania, Egypt), media propaganda and religion (Christianity and Islam)  as tactics to achieve their means . . .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Global Meltdown Hits Lagos Beggars / Deji Of Akure Dethroned - Ordered To Vacate Palace Immediately - I Am Not Aware / How Did Tinubu, A Complete Fraud Become Yoruba Asiwaju?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.