Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 AM

How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) (1510 Views)

A nairalander built a solution to fix the gap between the artisans and the mass / Muhammadu Nuhu-Koko: 'I Control Over N200Billion But Can’t Build A House' / What Business Should I Venture In With N500k Startup Capital ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) by bliz123: 5:57pm On May 06, 2015
This happened 5years ago but I will love to share this with you,with a view to helping a lot of people who feels building a house is a big deal,just because we do not have millions in our bank account or we do not have a six figure paying job. Building is not a big deal if you know how to go about it as I will show you through my experience. Mine happened by mistake not that I really planned for it but it pays off now.
After my NYSC in 2008, I bought a land from the proceed I got from doing business as a youth corper ( otondo).for #150,000. After which I rented a room and started business.i had limited capital like #70,000 or there about left. I did a lot of little business which I learnt from an online book the ABC of business. (u can also read this) I did (1) nylon and polythene production for pure water and bread factories. (2) viewing and game centre plus sports centre. (3) bulk sales of recharge cards (4) laundry service. Among other things but what the book taught was how you can grow your business from zero to a multimillion naira own going through it from A,B and so on. All these services were rendered and I got money which I saved 95% of proceeds from.i made sure I had no friend or girlfriend as well I just focused.
One day I just felt I should try and build a house for two reasons (1) landlords can make u feel as if God did nt create u with any future at all. A horrible feeling judged for some of us who has ever rented any where. (2) I needed to do something I will tell my children as a man who tried even when things didn't look good. So I said I will build a house before I was 24 yrs.
Meanwhile I had #10,000 the day I made this decision. I remember giving the money to aboki to dig a well. But by 2010 the house was ready.
Let me quickly highlight the stages of a building you have to go through and I will explain each and how do so with the lowest money possible.
(1) land survey you can start the processing C of O if u have enough (2) house plan (3) foundation which may include German floor after clearing of the bush etc (4) block laying (5) lintel (6) roofing and ceiling (7) windows includes burglary, the aluminium and nets (cool doors (9) plastering.
Others includes (10) kitchen cabinets and wardrobe (11)plumbing,borehole, kitchen and toilet vases (12) electrification, wiring,electri poles etc (13) tiles and interlocking (14) fence and gates.
For luxury (15) flower, grass,lawn (16) swimming pool (17) garage (18) cctv camera and security locks (19) painting (20) furnitures.
Most of this stages had to be gone through to have a building that is habitable. I need to tell you that to the glory of God I'm on my 3rd building. I finished the second one in 2013 that was before I got married.meanwhile I have upgraded my businesses from the usual ones I stated above.Now I consult and build for people,either renovations or starting a building from the scratch,if you do not want bricklayers and carpenters to sandwich you.we deal very reasonably and I'm sure even with little I can help you build a house worthy of look.i will explain each stages of the building daily.
You can do it,be a landlord.have faith and you will share your story soon
If you have any question ask on here or call me 07061671703.

1 Like

Re: How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) by Mologi(m): 5:58pm On May 06, 2015
And if u don build house my brother

Na

GOD WIN
Re: How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) by bliz123: 6:27pm On May 06, 2015
Mologi:
And if u don build house my brother
Na
GOD WIN
Yeah really na God win.but please don't forget that I will always be available to offer my services to you in terms of building for you.thanks
Re: How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) by bliz123: 9:10am On May 07, 2015
The first thing you need when you want to start building is The Belive and trust that it can be done. You have to let go of fear. It is nature to feel a bit unease but believe things will work out by having a little faith. I will explain the step by step stages soon
Re: How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) by debbydee(f): 5:01pm On May 07, 2015
@ op where is the location because thhis sound too good to be tru in lagos
Re: How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) by bliz123: 5:21pm On May 07, 2015
debbydee:
@ op where is the location because thhis sound too good to be tru in lagos
Ohhh no. The house isn't in lagos.This is another major issue with people addicted to lagos.
I usually get what I sell in lagos. I got experience in lagos when I marketed insurance for 2 months for law union and rock insurance in Alausa.i used it as my training ground.Now I'm well placed in 5 states. All glory to God.

1 Like

Re: How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) by meemeee: 5:21pm On May 07, 2015
kudos to you
Re: How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) by bliz123: 5:24pm On May 07, 2015
meemeee:
kudos to you
Thanks but the real thing is I can help you do this or whoever is ready to build. I am effective and accurate. My service is also affordable. Godbless
Re: How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) by debbydee(f): 5:34pm On May 07, 2015
bliz123:

Ohhh no. The house isn't in lagos.This is another major issue with people addicted to lagos.
I usually get what I sell in lagos. I got experience in lagos when I marketed insurance for 2 months for law union and rock insurance in Alausa.i used it as my training ground.Now I'm well placed in 5 states. All glory to God.

not at all. I am not an addict of lagos et all. I am only trying to imagine getting something like this in lagos. An uphill task you will say.
Re: How I Built A House With Almost Zero Startup Capital (pix) by bliz123: 5:51pm On May 07, 2015
debbydee:

not at all. I am not an addict of lagos et all. I am only trying to imagine getting something like this in lagos. An uphill task you will say.
You are almost correct based on the land purchase price,that is majorly the only difference. I had helped people build in lagos and I sometimes get better deals off bricklayers and so on because of stiff competition. No matter where u want to build I will be more than willing to help out.

(1) (Reply)

Econet CEO, Strive Masiyiwa Introduces His Latest Venture “Cumii And Technite” / How Much Do You Know About Sachiel Solution Order, How Good Are They / Glass Branding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.