Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo (9863 Views)

Pro Dr Ariyo Demonstration In Texas. PICTURES.. / Igbos Picket Dr Ariyo's Office Over Hate Comments - Pics / Dr. Ariyo Responds To Accusation Of Igbo Xenophobic Comment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by Nobody: 12:54am On May 07, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfFWGa4kKm8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4sUtZkxN50

Nigerians in the Unit­ed States, particu­larly those in the Dallas-Fort Worth metropolitan area, on Mon­day, May 4, 2015 staged their first of 30-day protest rallies against Dr. Adeniran Abraham Ariyo, a Dallas-based cardiologist for his resent Facebook posting, where he called for Igbo massacre. Dr. Ariyo has since published what many characterized as a non-apology.

Recalling the atrocities against the Igbo, Atty. Edwin Nwokocha commented, “I am baffled by the comments made by Dr. Ariyo; his comments are very troubling and I can’t believe that a man who have lived in the United States for over 20 years will harbor such ha­tred against a tribe.”

“What is more troubling about Dr. Ariyo’s comments is his con­firmation that he had participated in shipping Nd-Igbo to Onitsha. When he said “we will continue to ship them to Onitsha,” I per­sonally and the world want to know what role has he played in that regard? Is Dr. Ariyo reveal­ing to us about a conspiracy he is involved in, to kill and ship Igbo bodies to Onitsha? If he has, as he claimed, he must be investigated and charged for that offense by the appropriate authorities here in the United States.”

“Calling for the extermina­tion of Ndi-Igbo is nothing new to Ndi-Igbo; we’ve endured the systematic killings of the Igbo in Nigeria, but will not remain si­lent when the instigator lives and works in a community with high number of Igbo population. So my brothers, this is not an issue Ndi-Igbo or the world should take lightly,” Nwokocha concluded.

[size=18pt]Prior to the protest, Johnson Ihemeremadu announced the site of the rally as “Heart Masters Medical center located at 3535 W. Wheatland Rd. Dallas, TX 75237” and added, “A rallying call goes to all Igbos in the Dal­las Fort Worth Area, and all con­cerned Igbos in the United States to come out in [droves]to say No to Dr. Adeniran Abraham Ariyo, the xenophobic cardiologist who wants Igbos exterminated.”
[/size]
Ezioma Anosike , Publisher & Editorial Dire ctor of Amoize Magazine nar rated, “ T he Igbos in the Dal las-Fort Worth got plenty of drivers to honk today May 4, 2015 as the President and members of the Igbo Com munity Association of Niger ia Dallas Fort Wort h picketed in front of Dr. Abraham Ariyo’s office, the Texas doctor who ca lled for the massacre of Igbos in Nigeria the way Nigerians are being killed in South Africa.”

She continued, “As the patients turned into the parking lot, many of them stopped to ask what was going on, expressing dismay when told about Dr. Ariyo’s com­ments.” “They held sig ns with phrases such a s “A xenophobic cardiologist works here,” and “Igbo life is not safe at this hospi­tal, Dr. Abraham Ariyo mu st go,” Ezioma Anosike commented. “A large crowd came out to ensure w ide publ ic awareness of the doc­tor’s message today and another picketing ses sion is scheduled for tomorrow,” she concluded.

Atty Charles Maduka wrote, “We are right now protest ing in f ront of Hear t Master Cardiol­ogy where Dr. Abraham Ariyo practice s hate and bigotry against Igbo. Nd i-Igbo and concerned Nigerians in DFW where are you? Come out and flush this man out. If you keep quite as usual , we continue to su ffer and be killed time is now, every day for the next one month, 10am-1pm.”

Describing the rally, Nze Ben Nnawuihe re counted, “When we got here, there were two police detectives assigned to the group, who add ressed and instructed on the guidelines. Then came police helicopter hovering over the huge and unexpected crowds of Igbo men and women. Minutes later, police officers were everywhere. We started by distributing flyers and posters to the protesters who sang some Biafran war songs along the sidewalk because the police won’t let us on the proper­ty. It was very peaceful and well organized rally. Some of the po­lice officers had to leave because what they probably had in mind were not there.”

Joe Nze Eto, chairman of World Igbo Congress (WIC) ex­pressed “disgust” at Dr. Ariyo’s mindset and commeded the Igbo in Dallas for their action. He said, “World Igbo Congress (WIC) commends the leadership of Igbo Community Association of Nige­ria (ICAN) Dallas for organizing the protest. “WIC is fully behind the protest and we strongly Dr. Ariyo’s hate and bigotry, as well as his call to exterminate an eth­nic group,” Eto said.

Even though the Facebook post was a few weeks ago, the passage of time has not tempered emotions that have been running high among Nigerians, especially the Igbo, who remember vividly the carnage they received not too long ago in Nigeria. While the massacre of Ndigbo in Nigeria is still fresh in the minds of many, it is rather unfortunate some peo­ple are still latched on to the hate and bigotry that led to the civil war. Sad still, it is egregious for someone to incite or call for an extermination of a race, a crime against humanity. Nevertheless, there has been a dearth of cover­age about Ariyo’s statements un­til ignited by protests at his office.

Read more. http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=118196

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by olu77(m): 12:55am On May 07, 2015
Nawa o. When are we going to be free from tribalism?

In my opinion, this Dr Ariyo is inconsequential and he is just ranting on social media thesame way many igbo guys rant and call for the heads of yorubas here. Dedicating 30days to protest against him is absolutely a waste of precious time.

All we need is true federalism which will put end to all this verbal wars that could eventually lead to the real war

Meanwhile, I sense several youths of the 3 major tribes desire a piece of the actions they see on CNN even though the've never evaluate the consequence

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by Nobody: 12:59am On May 07, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by wwwbabe(f): 1:05am On May 07, 2015
U be tenant for another land yet u want others to be wiped out.
nawao, are u ok at all.

27 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by coolitempa(f): 1:15am On May 07, 2015
d time to end dis scourge called iiboes is fast approaching ....... grin Dr Ariyo is correct... grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by Hardetayour: 1:17am On May 07, 2015
And they'll come and say they're working in the US. Commo! 30 days of protest? 30 days? U need to get JOBS! REAL JOBS!!!

23 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by vodkat: 1:18am On May 07, 2015
How can a black man be a nazi. That is like calling a Christian a Muzlim .

Say Dis ppl get sense at all

Why una no come back naija na to they carry placard for another man country

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by siegfried99(m): 1:29am On May 07, 2015
Hmmmn
Na waoo
Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by khamas19: 6:03am On May 07, 2015
....dishonest jokers..... grin
Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by khamas19: 6:05am On May 07, 2015
coolitempa:
d time to end dis scourge called iiboes is fast approaching ....... grin Dr Ariyo is correct... grin

..the truth is he never said that...morally and legally this people have no legs to stand on...

1 Like

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by basisop(m): 6:09am On May 07, 2015
The Doctor don buy market. grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by NDPVF(m): 6:27am On May 07, 2015
Dr Ariyo,you see your life?. I no tell you say you don buy market?. Ok,in Baba one chance voice,"KWONTINU".

4 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by ruggedboy01: 6:35am On May 07, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

your tribal body will all be packed in plastic bags ,

did you have the courage /? cast the first stone first stone .

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by ruggedboy01: 6:39am On May 07, 2015
My brothers are taking this too far oooooo angry sad
I no blame them sha...... my bros them from the land of ofemnu too talk cheesy grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by alaoeri: 6:56am On May 07, 2015
They are just wasting their precious time & resources. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by tochukwuifeduba: 6:58am On May 07, 2015
good no resting until this man is sacked and deported back to Yoruba land shikena..

wole soyinka is next angry undecided

7 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:21am On May 07, 2015
wwwbabe:
U be tenant for another land yet u want others to be wiped out.
nawao, are u ok at all.
those people na comedy grin

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 7:24am On May 07, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

what first stone? grin on the internet, abi?

You people are the greatest cowards. Wetin u do since threats in the declaration of Biafra since massob and mend don dey declare am? angry

Dude, why do u think of violence always? Cast first stone make u fight abi?

Hehehehehe grin yeye grin
Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by sinizia: 7:44am On May 07, 2015
Good riddance!!

He thought this is Nigeria where any idiÓt can make such inciting and hate comments and don't get the reward of his idiocy. He forgot he lives in an orderly and sane clime. For someone that have lived for over 20 years in country that's not his father land, for a visitor that have enjoyed equal opportunities as the inhabitants of a land, it's sheer hatred and deep-lying psychological issues, to have made those hate comments against a tribe. The mofo couldn't even cover his tracks, an educated doctor for that matter. He's an Idíot!!. He'd suffer the consequences of his idiocy.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by Pataki: 7:44am On May 07, 2015
These people are definitely jobless. If you like occupy Ariyo. Who cares about you crybabies.

You all keep disgracing Nigeria with your several drug dealing records across Asian countries and Australia.

8 of your tribes men are soon gonna be exterminated in Indonesia, these jobless people are doing nothing about that, but busy chasing shadows. You really have a flat way of reasoning.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by sinizia: 7:48am On May 07, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
good no resting until this man is sacked and deported back to Yoruba land shikena..

wole soyinka is next angry undecided

Wole Soyinka never made those comments. Read up your history and see that Soyinka don't hate the Igbos. He supported the Biafra movement. Went to jail because of his views against the inhumane treatment of Igbos. He's in variance with Awo over the Biafra war. As an Igbo man, I've the utmost respect for this defender of the oppressed, Prof. Wole Soyinka. Give honour to whom honour is due.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by Hardetayour: 9:34am On May 07, 2015
TRIBALSTOOGE:

So you're promoting violence? I've never commented on all NLs tribalism topics apart from this one. 30 days protest? Isn't it funny to you? 30 days?
Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by oneeast: 9:46am On May 07, 2015
Dr Ariyo never for one minute thought it will get to this damning point..

1 Like

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by Nobody: 9:50am On May 07, 2015
coolitempa:
remember wat you said o! Becos very soon your dr ariyo will deny everything and you will be among the pple that will come here seeking for apology useless yoloba monkey.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by Jokay07(m): 9:52am On May 07, 2015
30 days protest? Lolz, these people are too jobless, I can't even waste a whole 24hrs protesting against my government not to talk of using 30 days to protest against an ordinary man. Come on, a lot of things can be achieved just with one day let alone wasting 30 days to engage in a futile protest against someone. I have even forgotten Dr Ariyo's case but these protesters are so stupid, dumb and jobless to dig up this issue again despite the fact that the man has cleared the air and denied it. The same 30 days could be used to protest against your government for denying you of some right but staging 30 days protest against your fellow Nigerian shows the zenith of joblessness and ignorance of these people. I should be expecting the toothless Ohanaze to issue their ultimatum to Wole soyinka very soon. Let me be sincere, i do wonder if these people dnt always fink deep before taking any action. Lol

3 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by PointB: 10:00am On May 07, 2015
olu77:
Nawa o. When are we going to be free from tribalism?

In my opinion, this Dr Ariyo is inconsequential and he is just ranting on social media thesame way many igbo guys rant and call for the heads of yorubas here. Dedicating 30days to protest against him is absolutely a waste of precious time.

All we need is true federalism which will put end to all this verbal wars that could eventually lead to the real war

Meanwhile, I sense several youths of the 3 major tribes desire a piece of the actions they see on CNN even though the've never evaluate the consequence

Your opinion you said. Fine.

In my opinion too, these folks protesting are also expressing their opinions as they are entitled. Maybe they don't have time to do so online, so they are doing it offline. The Dallas police is cool with it.

Dr Ariyo started this with his tribalistic hate filled xenophobic speech. Like the wood insect that gathers stick, let Dr Ariyo carry it on his head. Hate speech are not inconsequential, and Yolobas have been making plenty of them lately!

If you folks want to make it Yoruba vs Igbo affair, that won't be new, and we would as usual be at home with it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by Nobody: 10:06am On May 07, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
what first stone? grin on the internet, abi?

You people are the greatest cowards. Wetin u do since threats in the declaration of Biafra since massob and mend don dey declare am? angry

Dude, why do u think of violence always? Cast first stone make u fight abi?

Hehehehehe grin yeye grin
And the yorubas are bigger cowards! Arh una too dey talk trash oba akiolu don talk hin own come deny and we knw say this yeye doctor go still deny hin own very soon and this is what I call cowardice in the highest order. If una no want the igbos in lagos make una send them packing let's see the outcome.

6 Likes

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by Nobody: 10:47am On May 07, 2015
ruggedboy01:
My brothers are taking this too far oooooo angry sad
I no blame them sha...... my bros them from the land of ofemnu too talk cheesy grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin

bros
Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:58am On May 07, 2015
ekenedegreat:
And the yorubas are bigger cowards! Arh una too dey talk trash oba akiolu don talk hin own come deny and we knw say this yeye doctor go still deny hin own very soon and this is what I call cowardice in the highest order. If una no want the igbos in lagos make una send them packing let's see the outcome.
lol..I have told u without numbers that youb shld stop over ratting your influence anywhere. Pls, what else are u guys doing than buying and selling?

How on earth did u came to the conclusion that you're indispensable? grin grin

How u biliv dt baffles me.

1 Like

Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by zimoni(f): 1:19pm On May 07, 2015
The Dokky don buy markat, they are going to issue him ultimatum soon.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Awada Kerikeri

Comedy Unlimited grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Igbos In The Dallas/ Fortworth Embark on 30 Day Protest Against Dr Ariyo by yommyphresh(m): 1:20pm On May 07, 2015
In as much as i hate delving into issues like this, it's nauseating the way this group overflog issues. Right now, I'll be ashamed if I were an ibo guy...

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News : Its Either Peaceful Disintegration Or War - ILM / Senate Presidency: Northern Monarch Lobbies Emirs For Saraki / SERAP Tells Buhari To End Six Years Of Disregard For Rule Of Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.