Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You (1816 Views)

I Won’t Appear Before Senate Wednesday – Customs CG / "I Won’t Appear Before You On Wednesday", Ali, Customs Boss Writes Senate / We Will Not Reveal Tompolo’s Hideout – Ijaws Vow Never To Betray Ex-militant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by ruggedboy01: 4:15am On May 07, 2015
Buhari to Nigerians: I won’t betray you

President elect, Gen. Muhammdu Buhari, on Wednesday assured Nigerians that his government will not betray them, saying 2015 will go down in the political history of Nigeria as a glorious year.

Buhari, who spoke when he received a delegation from Taraba State led by the All Progressive Congress governorship candidate, Senator Aisha Alhassan, said Nigerian people sacrificed a lot to achieve the success currently being celebrated across the country.

While acknowledging the fact that some people lost in the process, the President -elect said, “We will never betray the people because they have risked everything. Some even lost their lives in this course to make sure that APC succeeded and that we have a leadership in place that they trust. That is what multi party democracy is all about.”

He also assured that he will form a broad based government saying, “I assure you that the government of the APC, when eventually put in place will be a competent Nigerian government.”

He continued: “I will tell you what made me a multi- party democrat. In 1991, after coming out of detention, I was sitting at home and the Soviet Union collapsed.

“They were the world power fighting the western world. In technology, they were the first to go to space. They had more sophisticated weapons, but something happened. There was confusion and everybody went their way.

“Today, there are 18 countries in the former Soviet Union. That was when I believed that multi- party democratic system is a superior form of governance and that is why I joined democracy.

“We have made a big stride this year and I assure you God willing, if we survive the next four years, Nigerians will be in a position to confidently raise their head up and elect their own representatives and leaders.

“They will choose those they want as their representatives from local government, states and to the centre. I will fight for free, fair d credible election because that is why I remained politics. I thank you very much for the sacrifices you have made to make sure we succeeded.”

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/buhari-to-nigerians-i-wont-betray-you-buhari/

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 4:23am On May 07, 2015
E
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by Rose2014: 4:24am On May 07, 2015
I hope so cos all I've bn seeing everywhere has bn a trailer load of excuses.

Anyway May 29th is not far again.
Just fulfil all those your campaign promises.
That's all you owe Nigeria
As a man of integrity I heard you are, I don't expect any of those your promises to go unfulfilled.
Anything short of those promises will make you no different from other politicians that scam the masses during campaign.

God help you
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by micholalo(m): 4:31am On May 07, 2015
time will tell
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by golor(m): 4:33am On May 07, 2015
Baba we know it's not in ur nature to betray!

We know u have a good heart!

We know u re d best option for now!

We know,even if u can't fulfil all ur campaign promise,we know ur gvt will be far beta that d present administration.

We know d pdp will work against ur gvt!

All I 9ja needs to give u is time and patience,u re tested and trusted,u have done b4 in d past,dis one is not a different case.

Pls let's come together to support,d progress of dis country,so that south africa will know that we have a dear country that is far better that that dia country.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by Nobody: 4:35am On May 07, 2015
My President please be careful with promises, the game is not as easy as it looks

By The Way I think Nigerians have placed too much expectations on this man, he's not a magician with a magic wand to fix everything overnight, and like I said Baba abeg make you no raise our hopes too much so that it does not get dashed.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by eleko1: 4:36am On May 07, 2015
We TRUST U BABA to HIT the ground Running.NIG MUST SMILE AGAIN cool wink.Gone is the Era of CLUELESSNESS.We yearn for ACTION/beta life
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by ellechrystal(f): 4:41am On May 07, 2015
Baba, please chill till u get to work already, stop gathering sympathy before u start. We ain't here to sympathise, just show us all u ve been saying with actions, n then we will know u won't betray us, our people say a man who talks too much, has less food in his stomach.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by shikshark: 4:42am On May 07, 2015
.......and we wont vote you out in 2019
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by ruggedboy01: 4:43am On May 07, 2015
In barcanista voice
#Babaonechance#
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by Ofregegee: 4:53am On May 07, 2015
Baba we take you for your words
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by Burger01(m): 5:04am On May 07, 2015
Baba, in God we trust for you. You shall not disappoint.

May God never make you had no shoes.

May God never make you clueless.

May God scatter your enemies and make them confused and clueless like pigs on ogogoro.

Baba, gives us change that will transform Nigeria for the better.

God bless you my surest presido-elect..... at last!!!

smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by DjHypno(m): 5:09am On May 07, 2015
Fingers crossed.
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by jascon1(m): 5:13am On May 07, 2015
I would prefer it if he just goes silent and let ppl c his words in actions
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by LaRoyalHighness(f): 5:54am On May 07, 2015
The more you talk,the higher my expectations. Baba calm down.. 29th may is around the corner. God Bless the President Elect. Of Nigeria.
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by Burger01(m): 5:57am On May 07, 2015
jascon1:
This is politics, words and actions are the games you play. Don't worry, people, including the crying 'transformation' losers, would see baba's words in actionssmiley

In God I trust for Buhari.

Haters locate the nearest lagoon and dive!smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by Danhumprey: 6:04am On May 07, 2015

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by worthytalk: 6:08am On May 07, 2015
#BabaOneChance you talk too much. Why not start planning how to stabilize global oil price and how to make #1=$1 instead of this your everyday disgusting rants. Buhari i think it is too early to advertise your brainlessness. So shut da smelling mouth and plan.

1 Like

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by Adeyinka12(m): 6:09am On May 07, 2015
God will help you ooo
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by ruggedboy01: 6:31am On May 07, 2015
Cc lalastical afam4eva
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by nutislim(m): 6:37am On May 07, 2015
We pray U well. Spirit of 9ja
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by M4gunners: 6:48am On May 07, 2015
White Man named his Dog sit down look na him me i dey now.
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by PassingShot(m): 6:49am On May 07, 2015
ellechrystal:
Baba, please chill till u get to work already, stop gathering sympathy before u start. We ain't here to sympathise, just show us all u ve been saying with actions, n then we will know u won't betray us, our people say a man who talks too much, has less food in his stomach.
worthytalk:
#BabaOneChance you talk too much. Why not start planning how to stabilize global oil price and how to make #1=$1 instead of this your everyday disgusting rants. Buhari i think it is too early to advertise your brainlessness. So shut da smelling mouth and plan.
jascon1:
ellechrystal:

Would you all have preferred that he remained silent at the visit of his guests?

Nigerians, what do we really want? When he said the other time that he's nervous because of high expectations, we all came here to condemn him. And now that he says he won't betray us, many of us are talking poo again!

What kind of people are some of us?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by theV0ice: 6:59am On May 07, 2015
PassingShot:

Would you all have preferred that he remained silent at the visit of his guests?

Nigerians, what do we really want? When he said the other time that he's nervous because of high expectations, we all came here to condemn him. And now that he says he won't betray us, many of us are talking poo again!

Don't you get bothered by them bro.....they're the members of the congregation fasting and praying for Nigeria to fail so they can laugh and i won't interfere with their prayers grin

GMB even tried by advocating patience.....if it was me, I'll harshly tell them "I don't give a damn" cheesy

After all their hero who 'will win' a Nobel piss prize for losing an election said it and treated Nigeria like that for 5 years and the heavens didn't fall wink

No matter how angry they're, they can't do jack until 2019 and they even have jega, his PVC and card readers to thank for that possibility grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by rollybest(m): 7:10am On May 07, 2015
Better, in this country failure=voting out
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by PassingShot(m): 7:13am On May 07, 2015
theV0ice:

Don't you get bothered by them bro.....they're the members of the congregation fasting and praying for Nigeria to fail so they can laugh and i won't interfere with their prayers grin

GMB even tried by advocating patience.....if it was me, I'll harshly tell them "I don't give a damn" cheesy

After all their hero who 'will win' a Nobel piss prize for loosing an election said it and treated Nigeria like that for 5 years and the heavens didn't fall wink

No matter how angry they're, they can't do jack until 2019 and they even have jega, his PVC and card readers to thank for that possibility grin

I am least bothered by what the children of anger and hatred do. I just felt it's important to point out their foolery for all to see. cool
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by Boscojugunu(m): 7:16am On May 07, 2015
D
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by omenka(m): 7:21am On May 07, 2015
We know you won't Baba. Just as there are a million callous minds out there fasting and fervently praying that you fail, 100times that number, including my humble self, are praying daily for your success. Our voices will continually drown theirs on earth and in heaven. You shall succeed and so shall Nigeria.

God bless you sir.
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by sinizia: 7:23am On May 07, 2015
We trust you Buhari. You have a good intention for this country. We all know that. Though you've surrounded yourself with vultures and lootocrats and evil men, we still believe you mean good for us, and that you couldn't have ascended to this throne without these "necessary evils." So you must rise above hate, revenge, and tribal sentiments and take this country to its rightful place among the comity of nations.

But Baba, if you betray us, we'll betray you at the polls. Be warned.
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by omenka(m): 7:25am On May 07, 2015
theV0ice:

After all their hero who 'will win' a Nobel piss prize for loosing an election said it and treated Nigeria like that for 5 years and the heavens didn't fall wink

Brother, I swear I didn't read this comment of yours before making my first comment on the thread. Talk about like minds. cheesy cool

They will all be disappointed.
Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by jascon1(m): 7:54am On May 07, 2015
Haha I would of loved to c the expression on our face while typing that. Sorry o, no cry again. Na so human beans be oh. If u do wrong or right dem must talk. So, wipe ur tears and advise him to go on and do what he has in mind to do
PassingShot:

Re: Buhari To Nigerians: I Won’t Betray You by PassingShot(m): 8:03am On May 07, 2015
jascon1:
Haha I would of loved to c the expression on our face while typing that. Sorry o, no cry again. Na so human beans be oh. If u do wrong or right dem must talk. So, wipe ur tears and advise him to go on and do what he has in mind to do

The expression was/is:

Are you happy now?

(1) (2) (Reply)

How I Killed, Drained Teenager’s Blood For Money Ritual – Suspect / FUEL SCARCITY: Funke Akindele Rides Bicycle To Church (see Photo) / Ngige Masquerade APC Chieftain Lookalike Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.