Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi (4115 Views)

Pep Guardiola To Resign As Manchester City Coach If / Lionel Messi Quits Argentina National After Copa Loss / Arsene Wenger & Pep Guardiola - BEST Sporting Cloths [MUST SEE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by BarcaBlood: 7:46am On May 11, 2015
themilanway:

I actually dont rate Rakitic high,he is good but he isnt in the class of Javi Martinez or even Xabi Alonso.

When Pep left Barca they were still good to go,Martino just couldnt get the right mix with the team.Even Vilanova(RIP)won the league with them.

The difference with Pep's Barca and Enrique's Barca is Neymar-Suarez.How many goals has the front three shared among themselves this season?How many did Pedro-Villa-Messi scored in Pep's 1st season?

I give you alonso but rakitic is better than Martinez. Ivan is one of barca's unsung hero this season, people don't really appreciate his work cos he covers up for Alves most of the time while the busquets and Rafinha take the shine attack wise, yet he still has some 6 goals this season. He's like muller at bayern

I know barca were still good when pep left but they were not as good as his 1st season with them. Vilanova's barca suffered the bayern mauling 2 seasons ago and won the league majorly because of the team's good performance in the 1st half of the season and lack of competition from madrid

And messi's link with Pedro and villa didn't produce up to 100 goals, not even 95 sef while this current trio has 111 goals already, and the season isn't over. See why this barca team is different?

2 Likes

Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by BarcaBlood: 7:49am On May 11, 2015
themilanway:

It wont happen.
Don't worry. I'll remind you
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 8:12am On May 11, 2015
BarcaBlood:

I give you alonso but rakitic is better than Martinez. Ivan is one of barca's unsung hero this season, people don't really appreciate his work cos he covers up for Alves most of the time while the busquets and Rafinha take the shine attack wise, yet he still has some 6 goals this season. He's like muller at bayern

I know barca were still good when pep left but they were not as good as his 1st season with them. Vilanova's barca suffered the bayern mauling 2 seasons ago and won the league majorly because of the team's good performance in the 1st half of the season and lack of competition from madrid

And messi's link with Pedro and villa didn't produce up to 100 goals, not even 95 sef while this current trio has 111 goals already, and the season isn't over. See why this barca team is different?

1)I will still pick Martinez over Rakitick any day

2)I think Messi was the only injured player when Bayern came calling 2 seasons ago,still Vilanova did ok by winning the league.

3)We are saying the same thing literally
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by LogoDWhiz(m): 8:43am On May 11, 2015
daveP:
When will "tikitaka" be logged in into dictionaries?

Cc: Cfcfan, Kingtom, LogoDwhiz, safarigirl - imagining messi in a stamford bridge outfit....... Does it fit? grin

Lol! It would be awesome to see this come through.

But it's not realistic
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by daveP(m): 12:48pm On May 11, 2015
BarcaBlood:

It doesn't fit at all
grin a friend said the jersey looks too "mature" for him to wear! Lemme bring out the liverpool own

LogoDWhiz:

Lol! It would be awesome to see this come through.
But it's not realistic
grin well liverpool own may make some sense. He wont miss his demi-god status if he eventually moves to anfield.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by daveP(m): 12:52pm On May 11, 2015
1st 10mins and a goal from barca? Haba, give bayern some slack joor. Meanwhile, ive written off Madrid, cos Juve's defence rarely make mistakes again big teams-fact but fall apart during counters.

If guardiola pulls a decade stunner to make the final, pls tell mourinho to go kiss his feet!
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by dubylhover(m): 1:02pm On May 11, 2015
daveP:
1st 10mins and a goal from barca? Haba, give bayern some slack joor. Meanwhile, ive written off Madrid, cos Juve's defence rarely make mistakes again big teams-fact but fall apart during counters.

If guardiola pulls a decade stunner to make the final, pls tell mourinho to go kiss his feet!

oga...guardiola wont do sh*t..he cant do what he doesnt knw na...hes not a flexible coach nd his tactics ar predictable.messi made him who he is today weda pipo want to agree or not...messi improves d cv of any coach he plays with...pep shud carry ucl without messi nau..it cant happen..2 consvcutive yrs being humiliated by spanish giants..i prefer mou to him sha..he doesnt rili need all d stars to do it..im a man u fan by d way
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by daveP(m): 1:47pm On May 11, 2015
dubylhover:

oga...guardiola wont do sh*t..he cant do what he doesnt knw na...hes not a flexible coach nd his tactics ar predictable.messi made him who he is today weda pipo want to agree or not...messi improves d cv of any coach he plays with...pep shud carry ucl without messi nau..it cant happen..2 consvcutive yrs being humiliated by spanish giants..i prefer mou to him sha..he doesnt rili need all d stars to do it..im a man u fan by d way
you struck a cord there.

Years back, i had the belief that Pep wasnt a coach, that barca players made him. As usual and cos of i didnt have much fact than jst seeing a few matches, i was shut up by barca fans.

At least as a Gunner, i know Fergie molded CR. But football is unpredictable!
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by BarcaBlood: 2:21pm On May 11, 2015
themilanway:

2)I think Messi was the only injured player when Bayern came calling 2 seasons ago,still Vilanova did ok by winning the league.

1) your choice, so fair enough

2) Messi, puyol, abidal, mascherano were all injured plus many not too fit players went to Munich. Vilanova was able to win the league easily cos there was no competition that season. madrid were in crisis and sacked Mourinho @ the season's end

3) ok then. Just watch out for this history making Barcelona this season
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by dubylhover(m): 4:23pm On May 11, 2015
daveP:
you struck a cord there.

Years back, i had the belief that Pep wasnt a coach, that barca players made him. As usual and cos of i didnt have much fact than jst seeing a few matches, i was shut up by barca fans.

At least as a Gunner, i know Fergie molded CR. But football is unpredictable!

dnt gt me wrong oo..pep is a good coach,but i feel hv still sth to proove..even dis bayern he inherited was a team that just won d treble
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by Rita5(f): 8:47pm On May 11, 2015
Sultan5:

See how you are talking as if Messi is the only one on the pitch. That Chelsea match, Messi was their main man wen it cums to goals and he played in the middle.

Barca of today have Neymar, Suarez wo was the highest goal scorer in d epl last season and messi now plays on the wing were your diamond watever will be ineffective. So wat are you analysing.

One more tin b4 that match Messi had not scored a single goal in the knockout stage it has been Neymar, Suarez, Rakitics n co doing the scoring. So if you put 3 players on messi how many will you put on Suarez and Neymar

Hehehe he will put mullar n lewandowski on dem
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by Rita5(f): 8:51pm On May 11, 2015
daveP:
grin a friend said the jersey looks too "mature" for him to wear! Lemme bring out the liverpool own

grin well liverpool own may make some sense. He wont miss his demi-god status if he eventually moves to anfield.

Nope Messi will move to the emirates next two season lol.

#counting stars
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 8:24am On May 12, 2015
Why is that EPL fans never see anything good in Guardiola?Some one said Messi made Guardiola who he is today?Are you for real?

A coach who sent Toure,Eto and Ronaldinho packing?Do you know Messi was one of the reasons Ibra didnt last long in Barca?

Chelsea fans please give the guy some credit

Not all coaches like to play defensive minded football.Even Roberto Martinez of Everton,his team is always a delight to watch any day any time despite coming from Italy,the home of defensive football.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by daveP(m): 8:44am On May 12, 2015
Rita5:

Nope Messi will move to the emirates next two season lol.

#counting stars
lol, i hope so sometimes, Arsenal has the best adaptive style for Lionel. But i imagine...... COYG

we seem to have lost steam since that chelsea draw.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by KingTom(m): 1:17pm On May 12, 2015
daveP:
When will "tikitaka" be logged in into dictionaries?

Cc: Cfcfan, King tom, LogoD whiz, saf arigirl - imagining messi in a stamford bridge outfit....... Does it fit? grin
God Forbid angry
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by daveP(m): 1:31pm On May 12, 2015
KingTom:
God Forbid angry
lmao. I hear say na liverpool own fit pass. grin
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by KingTom(m): 1:37pm On May 12, 2015
daveP:
lmao. I hear say na liverpool own fit pass. grin
That one na Imposicant Impossibility grin
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by daveP(m): 1:44pm On May 12, 2015
KingTom:
That one na Imposicant Impossibility grin
well he is bigger than Manchester, so i guess youre indirectly saying tikitakian Arsenal will be the best fit? grin
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by BarcaBlood: 1:53pm On May 12, 2015
themilanway:

Not all coaches like to play defensive minded football.Even Roberto Martinez of Everton,his team is always a delight to watch any day any time despite coming from Italy,the home of defensive football.

Roberto Martinez is Spanish
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by KingTom(m): 2:13pm On May 12, 2015
daveP:
well he is bigger than Manchester, so i guess youre indirectly saying tikitakian Arsenal will be the best fit? grin
Mtcheeeeeewww grin
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 4:19pm On May 12, 2015
BarcaBlood:

Roberto Martinez is Spanish

Apologies,i use to think he is Italian,thanks for the info.

In all,Guardiola is one of the best coach in world football and he will succeed in EPL.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by daveP(m): 4:21pm On May 12, 2015
KingTom:
Mtcheeeeeewww grin
i take that as an indirect agreement grin
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by Sultan5(m): 5:42pm On May 12, 2015
Trying to imagine Mancity playing tikitaka for epl. It will be sight to behold
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by kendrick9(m): 6:07pm On May 12, 2015
themilanway:

Martinez is a DM or CB, why the comparison with rakitic?
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by Rita5(f): 6:07pm On May 12, 2015
daveP:
lol, i hope so sometimes, Arsenal has the best adaptive style for Lionel. But i imagine...... COYG

we seem to have lost steam since that chelsea draw.

True sha.

But ders nothing to play for really again. D tin just tire me.

But All Roads lead to Wembley for d FA cup if them like may dem lose to Aston villa
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 6:54pm On May 12, 2015
kendrick9:
Martinez is a DM or CB, why the comparison with rakitic?

You are not even sure the position Martinez play
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by daveP(m): 11:23pm On May 12, 2015
Rita5:

True sha.

But ders nothing to play for really again. D tin just tire me.

But All Roads lead to Wembley for d FA cup if them like may dem lose to Aston villa
surely that's already a back-back. Doubt aston can disturb the way qpr did
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by kendrick9(m): 8:25am On May 13, 2015
themilanway:

You are not even sure the position Martinez play
do u lack comprehension or what? i said his primary position is as a DM but he can also play CB just as he has been utilized by bayern since pep took over.... rakitic is a CM/AM so there is no basis for camparison at all..
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 10:49am On May 13, 2015
kendrick9:
do u lack comprehension or what? i said his primary position is as a DM but he can also play CB just as he has been utilized by bayern since pep took over.... rakitic is a CM/AM so there is no basis for camparison at all..

All the same,i will still take him over Rakitic any day,my preference.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by kendrick9(m): 10:56am On May 13, 2015
themilanway:

All the same,i will still take him over Rakitic any day,my preference.
in ur own world not in real life... the only position martinez will play at barca would be at CB or an alternative to busquets.... there is no way in this lifetime barca will play two DM(busquets and martinez) in midfield... thats not the barca way,
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 11:07am On May 13, 2015
kendrick9:
in ur own world not in real life... the only position martinez will play at barca would be at CB or an alternative to busquets.... there is no way in this lifetime barca will play two DM(busquets and martinez) in midfield... thats not the barca way,

Sorry bro,but not a Barca fan,check my signature.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by kendrick9(m): 12:07pm On May 13, 2015
themilanway:

Sorry bro,but not a Barca fan,check my signature.
I'm more of a liverpool fan than a barca fan... btw how is milan doing... any hope for europa league spot for u guys?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Yakubu Booed At Kanu's Testimonial / Siasia Threatens To Quit. / Amazing! Messi Goes To Ghana To Apologize To Boateng's Family!(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.