Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:11 AM

Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi (4114 Views)

Pep Guardiola To Resign As Manchester City Coach If / Lionel Messi Quits Argentina National After Copa Loss / Arsene Wenger & Pep Guardiola - BEST Sporting Cloths [MUST SEE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by KingTom(m): 1:30pm On May 13, 2015
daveP:
i take that as an indirect agreement grin

No, I dug disagree grin

1 Like

Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by BarcaBlood: 2:19pm On May 13, 2015
themilanway:

In all,Guardiola is one of the best coach in world football and he will succeed in EPL.

He sure will
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by dubylhover(m): 2:43pm On May 13, 2015
themilanway:
Why is that EPL fans never see anything good in Guardiola?Some one said Messi made Guardiola who he is today?Are you for real?

A coach who sent Toure,Eto and Ronaldinho packing?Do you know Messi was one of the reasons Ibra didnt last long in Barca?

Chelsea fans please give the guy some credit

Not all coaches like to play defensive minded football.Even Roberto Martinez of Everton,his team is always a delight to watch any day any time despite coming from Italy,the home of defensive football.

did you remember last season semifinals btw madrid and bayern @ benabu,ancelotti took a defensive approach,madrid had d best attack oo,but ancellotti had to adapt to bayern by defending....thats what im saying abt pep,he cant b flexible enuf to change or adapt
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 2:53pm On May 13, 2015
kendrick9:
I'm more of a liverpool fan than a barca fan... btw how is milan doing... any hope for europa league spot for u guys?

Europa can only happen if we can finish 7th and if Uefa disqualifies Genoa.Uefa claims Genoa will be disqualify having not met a certain guideline.

Its been two disastrous seasons for Milan,hopefully some new owner takes over the club before the new season,how the mighty has fallen.

What's up with Mario?My younger bro is a Pool fan also.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 3:07pm On May 13, 2015
dubylhover:

did you remember last season semifinals btw madrid and bayern @ benabu,ancelotti took a defensive approach,madrid had d best attack oo,but ancellotti had to adapt to bayern by defending....thats what im saying abt pep,he cant b flexible enuf to change or adapt

I disagree,the difference between Madrid of this and last season is Di Maria and Ozil to an extent.Against Bayern last season,they used the flanks to disorganize and demolish Bayern,dig up that match archive and see for yourself.

Ribery and Robben were completely shut out,Muller,Manzuki didnt get any service from the aforementioned guys.

Why do you think Madrid is struggling?Modric's injury?Or are they suddenly bad?
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by dubylhover(m): 3:21pm On May 13, 2015
themilanway:

I disagree,the difference between Madrid of this and last season is Di Maria and Ozil to an extent.Against Bayern last season,they used the flanks to disorganize and demolish Bayern,dig up that match archive and see for yourself.

Ribery and Robben were completely shut out,Muller,Manzuki didnt get any service from the aforementioned guys.

Why do you think Madrid is struggling?Modric's injury?Or are they suddenly bad?

oga wich ozil?he left madrid last 2 seasons oo...guy did you watch d 1st leg??madrid defended at home nd scored their goal thru counter,it was the return leg that they came out full time..ancelotti even said it that d attacking players of madrid were not happy with the 1st leg tactics,but hes d coach,he knew he had to b cautious that 1st leg so that bayern didnt gt an away goal nd thats what guardiola cannot see yet..its you who needs to dig up archives...how do yu mean madrid is struggling...yes they are missing modric,it doesnt mean they ar struggling..im sure yu wud b one of dose who wud use modric as an xcuse if they didnt knock out atm..when madrid wud enta crisis is wen anytin happens to kroos...right nau,he is their most valuable mf...madrid has been coping without modric for a long time,but with the way carlo has set up his team dis season,kroos is very key in that mf..note..im not comparing modric with kroos,but im telling you of the setup of the team..kroos is the mf that always needs to play,thats way ancelotti hardly rotates him
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 3:33pm On May 13, 2015
dubylhover:

oga wich ozil?he left madrid last 2 seasons oo...guy did you watch d 1st leg??madrid defended at home nd scored their goal thru counter,it was the return leg that they came out full time..ancelotti even said it that d attacking players of madrid were not happy with the 1st leg tactics,but hes d coach,he knew he had to b cautious that 1st leg so that bayern didnt gt an away goal nd thats what guardiola cannot see yet..its you who needs to dig up archives...how do yu mean madrid is struggling...yes they are missing modric,it doesnt mean they ar struggling..im sure yu wud b one of dose who wud use modric as an xcuse if they didnt knock out atm..when madrid wud enta crisis is wen anytin happens to kroos...right nau,he is their most valuable mf...madrid has been coping without modric for a long time,but with the way carlo has set up his team dis season,kroos is very key in that mf..note..im not comparing modric with kroos,but im telling you of the setup of the team..kroos is the mf that always needs to play,thats way ancelotti hardly rotates him

1)I'm not a Madrid fan,i careless to whatever happen to them.

2)I forgot Ozil left 2 seasons ago,again,i repeat that Di Maria was one of the reasons they beat Bayern home and away,he was very pivotal to them winning the CL.They shut the flanks and Bayern's defence were always caught napping each time they surge forward.

3)Pep is one of the best coach around,his football philosophy dont include sitting back and soaking up pressure,he will go toe to toe with you.

Did you watch yesterday's game?That's Pep for you.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by dubylhover(m): 3:39pm On May 13, 2015
themilanway:

1)I'm not a Madrid fan,i careless to whatever happen to them.

2)I forgot Ozil left 2 seasons ago,again,i repeat that Di Maria was one of the reasons they beat Bayern home and away,he was very pivotal to them winning the CL.They shut the flanks and Bayern's defence were always caught napping each time they surge forward.

3)Pep is one of the best coach around,his football philosophy dont include sitting back and soaking up pressure,he will go toe to toe with you.

Did you watch yesterday's game?That's Pep for you.

1 im not a madrid fan also,but it doesnt mean i wont knw anything abt dem

2 im not saying dimaria wasnt a factor,but understand my point..madrid were defesive cautious..thats d point im trying to elaborate..that as a manager,its not everytime yu stick with ur plans..yu need to know how to adapt to ur enemy..nau that pep doesnt have messi..he needs to try out sth new or else,if madrid or barca meets him 10 more times,dy wud still trash him
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 3:56pm On May 13, 2015
dubylhover:

1 im not a madrid fan also,but it doesnt mean i wont knw anything abt dem

2 im not saying dimaria wasnt a factor,but understand my point..madrid were defesive cautious..thats d point im trying to elaborate..that as a manager,its not everytime yu stick with ur plans..yu need to know how to adapt to ur enemy..nau that pep doesnt have messi..he needs to try out sth new or else,if madrid or barca meets him 10 more times,dy wud still trash him

Anceloti is a typical and conservative Italian coach,to them,defense comes first.

Pep is a product of La masia,he is philosophy is to attack rather than defend.

I know you dont like Pep,no point in pretending you do.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by dubylhover(m): 4:03pm On May 13, 2015
themilanway:

Anceloti is a typical and conservative Italian coach,to them,defense comes first.

Pep is a product of La masia,he is philosophy is to attack rather than defend.

I know you dont like Pep,no point in pretending you do.

hehehehehe,i dnt hate pep oo..i actually appreciate him rebranding tiki taka,what i dnt like is when pipo give him more praises dan he deserves..i dunno y he left barca,it was perfect for him...i still say it,messi made pep to an xtent
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 4:26pm On May 13, 2015
dubylhover:

hehehehehe,i dnt hate pep oo..i actually appreciate him rebranding tiki taka,what i dnt like is when pipo give him more praises dan he deserves..i dunno y he left barca,it was perfect for him...i still say it,messi made pep to an xtent

They both made each other,nobody is hyping Guardiola.

He left when the ovation was at its loudest,an end of an era.

I like Pep he is just great.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by dubylhover(m): 4:29pm On May 13, 2015
themilanway:

They both made each other,nobody is hyping Guardiola.

He left when the ovation was at its loudest,an end of an era.

I like Pep he is just great.

yes nd i presume you dnt like mourinho
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 4:37pm On May 13, 2015
dubylhover:

yes nd i presume you dnt like mourinho

grin grin grin grin grin The Super cup win over Chelsea sweetened my tooth.

Mou is a great coach but a tout.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by dubylhover(m): 4:40pm On May 13, 2015
themilanway:

grin grin grin grin grin The Super cup win over Chelsea sweetened my tooth.

Mou is a great coach but a tout.
hehehehehe..na so football dy sometimes
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 4:47pm On May 13, 2015
dubylhover:

hehehehehe..na so football dy sometimes

I agree
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by dayskid: 11:04pm On May 13, 2015
Safebet posted so far 2/2 fixed matches for free, all the fans saw the matches when he posted them and everyone won big money, like page and check what real games are here www.facebook.com/safebet2015
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by kendrick9(m): 11:25pm On May 13, 2015
themilanway:

Europa can only happen if we can finish 7th and if Uefa disqualifies Genoa.Uefa claims Genoa will be disqualify having not met a certain guideline.

Its been two disastrous seasons for Milan,hopefully some new owner takes over the club before the new season,how the mighty has fallen.

What's up with Mario?My younger bro is a Pool fan also.
yeah milan needs new a new owner.. last tym i checked most of milan starting 11 are free or loan transfers.
balo unfortunately has a been a huge dissapointment,he just doesn't fit at all though i think brendan should also share some part of d blame too.
I think he will be sold this summer, i hear genoa are looking at him to partner eto'o.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 7:58am On May 14, 2015
kendrick9:
yeah milan needs new a new owner.. last tym i checked most of milan starting 11 are free or loan transfers.
balo unfortunately has a been a huge dissapointment,he just doesn't fit at all though i think brendan should also share some part of d blame too.
I think he will be sold this summer, i hear genoa are looking at him to partner eto'o.

You are right,Milan needs a total over haul,from management to coach to players.

Now that Madrid are out of the CL and looks impossible to win the league,i wont mind Anceloti to bring back Milan to where he once took her to.Funny enough,i was one of the first people that want him gone back in 08.......

As for Mario,I knew he will flop in EPL.It was a mistake waiting to happen,I really feel for him because he is always my kind of striker.I like tall and big strikers who are strong in the air and can use their two foot well.

Sampdoria might be a good place for him to rediscover his hunger and they will be in Europa too.My only problem with clubs like Sampdoria is that they usually have a one off season.

I aslo fear he might clash with Eto sooner or later.Mario can be annoying if and when he isn't getting balling and if your team is losing or playing terrible,he can make you lose your mind grin grin grin grin

But I love his cocky attitude each time he scores.No smile no big deal celebration.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by kendrick9(m): 5:03pm On May 15, 2015
themilanway:

You are right,Milan needs a total over haul,from management to coach to players.

Now that Madrid are out of the CL and looks impossible to win the league,i wont mind Anceloti to bring back Milan to where he once took her to.Funny enough,i was one of the first people that want him gone back in 08.......

As for Mario,I knew he will flop in EPL.It was a mistake waiting to happen,I really feel for him because he is always my kind of striker.I like tall and big strikers who are strong in the air and can use their two foot well.

Sampdoria might be a good place for him to rediscover his hunger and they will be in Europa too.My only problem with clubs like Sampdoria is that they usually have a one off season.

I aslo fear he might clash with Eto sooner or later.Mario can be annoying if and when he isn't getting balling and if your team is losing or playing terrible,he can make you lose your mind grin grin grin grin

But I love his cocky attitude each time he scores.No smile no big deal celebration.
weird u wanted carlo sacked,i mean he won two cl and lost a final to liverpool though his league record waas bad. I think hw won only one seria a.... Man,i miss milan of in those days....There downfall is a bit sad..
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by themilanway(m): 5:51pm On May 15, 2015
kendrick9:
weird u wanted carlo sacked,i mean he won two cl and lost a final to liverpool though his league record waas bad. I think hw won only one seria a.... Man,i miss milan of in those days....There downfall is a bit sad..

The 08 season was bad,old and tired players,poor league results,couldnt beat Portsmouth home and away in Europa(despite having Ronaldinho,Beckham,Kaka,Gattuso etc etc)eventually got knocked out by Weder Bremen in the same competition.

Before the end of the season,i was glad he was leaving.

I miss the old Milan too,infact i hardly watch Milan matches these days.

We are hoping that some Asian or Arab guy will buy some shares off the owner of the club,cant wait to see Milan play in Europe again.

I missed watching Mario play.
Re: Pep Guardiola Stuck To His Beliefs But Couldn't Stop Lionel Messi by kendrick9(m): 5:55pm On May 15, 2015
themilanway:

The 08 season was bad,old and tired players,poor league results,couldnt beat Portsmouth home and away in Europa(despite having Ronaldinho,Beckham,Kaka,Gattuso etc etc)eventually got knocked out by Weder Bremen in the same competition.

Before the end of the season,i was glad he was leaving.

I miss the old Milan too,infact i hardly watch Milan matches these days.

We are hoping that some Asian or Arab guy will buy some shares off the owner of the club,cant wait to see Milan play in Europe again.

I missed watching Mario play.
i think the owner should get some part of the blame for failing to replace those ageing players.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After Bayern Won The Champions League, Checkout What Their Player Did To Neymar / Yakubu Booed At Kanu's Testimonial / Siasia Threatens To Quit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.