Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,566 members, 7,770,476 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:01 AM

Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos (16524 Views)

Construction Of My 3bedroom Flat All Ensuite / Ongoing Fencing Project For An Amiable Nairalander @ Maya, Ikorodu. / Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by okine4real: 4:23pm On May 07, 2015
Just decided to share with you guys my experience on building. I have been building a 25units of room and parlor self contain on a two and half plots measuring 60 ft by 120 ft per plot. The Parlor size is 12 by 12 while the rooms are 12 by 10. The compound can contain at least, 15 cars but could contain more, if space is well managed. The house is fenced round, with time its would have barb wires round the fence. The owner is trying to make the place a little bit conducive for tenants. The house is undergoing its final touch as i type, God willing, the house should be completed on or before 31st May 2015. I would be uploading some pictures for you all to see. And please dont forget to comment.

Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by okine4real: 4:43pm On May 07, 2015
more pics

Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by mufutau55(m): 6:52pm On May 07, 2015
Very good.. Can you post the floor plan and the 3D design if available. Thanks.

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by kopell: 12:01am On May 08, 2015
My brother why this late in the project, did the owner restrict you not to show us the project until you're about to finish it.
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by badestofall: 1:07am On May 08, 2015
I will so appreciate the floor plan of this project.
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by okine4real: 10:50pm On May 08, 2015
I got only the plan for a 12 room and parlor self contain. The owner only intended to build a 12 self contain but since because there was still enough space we decided to increase it to 25.

Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by okine4real: 7:52am On May 09, 2015
i might be mixing pictures. before i forget, The site is in two places, one site contains 25 self contain, while the other has 20 room and parlor self contain. I would be talking about the 25 room and parlor self contain. When we wanted to start building, we paid 120,000 for omo onile. The , land was still two plots, it was later increased when we added half plot to it. when i made payment, we started building. While we where building, from foundation to german floor, i spent 30,000 for buying water, Note 30,000 was only spent when i did only 12 self contain, then i realized that, with the way we were going, if i dont sink a borehole, water would be consuming lots of Money. So after the German floor, for the 12 room and parlor self contain, i sank and borehole before i proceed to the next stage. Then we moved to raising the 12 self contain to lintel level, after which we finished the 12 self contain, we decided to buy an extra plot beside the land so that we can build another 6 units of room and parlor self contain. But luck was not on our side because we were not able to buy a full half plot of land, the half plot we bought was not complete. So we where only able to build 4 units of room and parlor self contain on the land, as usual we finished it to lintel level also. I would continue later, and i would update you guys on the dubious tricks of omo onile on site.
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by okine4real: 7:57am On May 09, 2015
Pictures for view

Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by okine4real: 10:38am On May 09, 2015
pictures

Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by diordaves(m): 12:39pm On May 09, 2015
Nice project and well done ! I have a few questions:

Why did you decide on Room and Parlor self contain ? Is it more profitable than e.g Two bedroom flats or you think it will rent faster?

What are the kind of houses in the area? Are the houses also self contain or owner occupier?

What is the demographics of the area that is what kind of jobs or trade will the renters be doing?

How much at the end of the project do you hope to command in rent? At present how much is Room and Parlor self contain in the area on average?

How much is 2 bedroom flat, 1 bedroom flat?

I have a couple of acres in Agbowa Ikorodu as well and just wondering why you settled for self contain. God Bless.
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by okine4real: 1:31pm On May 13, 2015
looking at the said area, outskirt of Ikorodu, a room and parlor self contain, sells more than flat. most people living in is this area are not really doing well financially. So they need cheap and decent apartment.

There are less self contain houses there, what you see mostly are four/three bed room flat, built by house owners.

There are house owners there that work in VI, Lekki and on the mainland. You have lots of hand work person also leaving there. Mind you, i found out that, these hand work people make good money. Eg my carpenter has collected more than or close to 2M for working for me alone, even while working for me, he still got lots of jobs he was pushing with mine. Not to mention my Mason. The Demographic nature of the land is good, its not sloppy.

Depending on your structure, some goes for 80,000 per annul, some 100,000. if you tile both parlor, room plus passage, you are sure of 120,000. But for the one we built, we are letting it out for 130,000. 100,000 for year rent, then 15k each for agent and agreement. Like as i said, we have to sites. we hope to get 2.5M and 2M year for each.

2 bed room, you can get for between 150 to 200k depending the space around the compound. a room self contain is 50k the last time i heard. am having problems uploading pictures.
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by okine4real: 3:18pm On May 13, 2015
pic

Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by buddie(m): 2:13am On Jan 05, 2017
Bros any further update on this project please?
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by okine4real: 8:36pm On Jan 05, 2017
Project. Has being long completed, people done dey leave there already since last year
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by mufutau55(m): 8:44pm On Jan 05, 2017
okine4real:
Project. Has being long completed, people done dey leave there already since last year

But why we no get pic of the completed building....

Hajji M.
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by okine4real: 12:33pm On Jan 08, 2017
I dont have the pic of the house on this phone. May be i wud check my previous phones, if i still have any pics there, i wud upload, but if i dont, anytime i go there, i wud snap the building. Cheers.
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by Dsrooftiles: 1:11pm On Jan 08, 2017
Current Price of Roofing Sheet in Nigeria.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types

See Samples of Roofing Tiles.. See here >> https://www.nairaland.com/3357472/collection-sample-stone-coated-roofing

Check Out Picture Of The Wood Work For The Stone Coated Roofing Tile >> https://www.nairaland.com/1806964/check-out-picture-wood-work
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by yekini007(m): 8:44pm On Dec 03, 2022
Please
Re: Construction Of A 25 Room And Parlor Self Contain In Idafa Maya Ikorodu Lagos by hslbroker2: 7:23pm On Dec 04, 2022
yekini007:
Please kindly help me out

How many Blocks will be okay for this picture foundation.....??

Whatapp on 09132123240 or call me on same number

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

Geotechincal / Geophysical Investigation,soil Test,pile Foundation,borehole Nig. / Cheap Housing / Land For Sell In Lagos ( Mainland) / BUY AND BUILD ESTATE: *AYHOMES & GARDENS* Before Eleko Junction.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.