Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) (29916 Views)

Midnight Accident On Lagos Ibadan Express Way (photos) / Only Seen On Lagos Roads (photo) / Another Fuel Tanker Tumbles On Lekki Epe Express Way [Photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 08, 2015
kelvine:
How ? Not mentioning religion. Most accidents are evil operation at work, don't you agree ?

Negative sir
Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by LOUIS6(m): 2:11pm On May 08, 2015
May God heal those that was injured
Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by kelvine(m): 2:18pm On May 08, 2015
grin grin grin In life we see things differently. Yet we see the same thing.

Freemanan:

Negative sir
Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:27pm On May 08, 2015
kelvine:
grin grin grin In life we see things differently. Yet we see the same thing.

Aye aye captain

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by mmsen: 2:36pm On May 08, 2015
kelvine:
It is a sensitive topic identifying the thin line between science and spirituality. Yes, scientific measures could have prevented accidents but still spiritual forces can frustrate or outsmart such procedures.

What are these 'spiritual' forces?

The body needs sustenance and rest.

Machinery needs to be maintained.

If everyone on the roads does those things and if the roads are maintained and drivers know how to drive properly then accidents like this will be a lot less common.
Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by kelvine(m): 2:57pm On May 08, 2015
With all precautionary factors falling in place, accidents still occur all over the world. How do you explain that ?

Let me help:

Mistakes are usually spiritually induced.

A drunk driver over speeding is evil motivated.

A haulage company refusing to secure goods or containers properly on their truck may have evil intention.

Poverty and corruption can be a cause of poor vehicle and road maintenance, that's also evil.

Bottom line is spiritual forces within and around men are the culprit for accidents.

Road and air crashes aside,how do you explain the course of natural disasters such as the Tsunami, Tornadoes, earthquakes, a fatal thunder strike etc ?

mmsen:

What are these 'spiritual' forces?

The body needs sustenance and rest.

Machinery needs to be maintained.

If everyone on the roads does those things and if the roads are maintained and drivers know how to drive properly then accidents like this will be a lot less common.
Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by mmsen: 3:22pm On May 08, 2015
kelvine:
With all precautionary factors falling in place, accidents still occur all over the world. How do you explain that ?

Let me help:

Mistakes are usually spiritually induced.

A drunk driver over speeding is evil motivated.

A haulage company refusing to secure goods or containers properly on their truck may have evil intention.

Poverty and corruption can be a cause of poor vehicle and road maintenance, that's also evil.

Bottom line is spiritual forces within and around men are the culprit for accidents.

Road and air crashes aside,how do you explain the course of natural disasters such as the Tsunami, Tornadoes, earthquakes, a fatal thunder strike etc ?

Mistakes are not 'spiritually' induced. That is absolute nonsense. Human beings are imperfect and make errors.

Natural phenomena have nothing to do with 'spirits' or any supernatural mythology, (ask a geographer or a geologist if you want real answers) - to argue otherwise is to display a disturbing level of infantile thinking. That was the mindset of people in the Middle Ages who also believed that the world was flat and that by burning witches they would be saved from misfortune. Misfortune that was usually brought about by poor waste disposal practices and other regressive practices.
Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by Osgee(m): 4:27pm On May 08, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Sometimes i wonder why God let bad things happen

Its not God buT the choices we make. He gave us the element of choice and some people choose to do the wrong things
Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by dyabman(m): 4:31pm On May 08, 2015
Lilimax:
Praise God no life was lost. I declare this day: Every enemy on the way, die! die!! die!!!.
Calm down girl, it is express on fire not Mountain of Fire
Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by kelvine(m): 4:32pm On May 08, 2015
I will have to agree with you here that mistakes are natural and in-built within man. You simply need to avoid denying the existence of spiritual forces and their influence on natural activities of men.

Science is a body of evolving knowledge, it is subject to change and limited empirically by verifiable human experiences that can be seen, touched or felt. Way beyond the visible lies the invincible, I am simply stating that the invincible impacts negatively on the activities of man, that's where all the accidents originate.

The part I understand from your defense is that ignorance correctable by scientific knowledge results in accidents but while that is true to a large extent I subtly state that the ''unseen'' has a way of manipulating and distorting all safety measures. That ''unseen'' is evil.
Cheers bro,happy weekend ahead

mmsen:

Mistakes are not 'spiritually' induced. That is absolute nonsense. Human beings are imperfect and make errors.

Natural phenomena have nothing to do with 'spirits' or any supernatural mythology, (ask a geographer or a geologist if you want real answers) - to argue otherwise is to display a disturbing level of infantile thinking. That was the mindset of people in the Middle Ages who also believed that the world was flat and that by burning witches they would be saved from misfortune. Misfortune that was usually brought about by poor waste disposal practices and other regressive practices.
Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by darasimventures(m): 5:53pm On May 08, 2015
a
Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by dorox(m): 6:35pm On May 08, 2015
kelvine:
Not again...spiritual things
Pray before you move. The enemies of Nigeria are on the highway now.
This has absolutely nothing to do with prayer and spiritual stuff but every thing to do with our cavalier attitude towards road and industrial safety.
The truth is that the widely held superstitious beliefs like yours among Nigerians is a major contributing factor why we as a society elevate prayer over safety.

1 Like

Re: Explosion On Lagos To Ibadan Express Way (PHOTOS) by oladimeji09(m): 9:26pm On May 08, 2015
Ezenwammadu:
Sometimes i wonder why God let bad things happen

this life is between good and bad that is why prayer is important in everything we do
beside anybody that do bad shall gain bad likewise good deed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I was Locked up, Extorted And Harrassed By Police In Aba Over Lagos Number Plate / Cars On Display At The 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show / 2020 Nissan Juke Unveiled (photos, Details And Price)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.