Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Please I Need Help On This Matter!!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Please I Need Help On This Matter!!!! (832 Views)

What In Your Opinion Is Peace Over This Matter? / Tb Joshua Is A Man Of God No Matter What / My Christian Brothers Please Shed Light On This Matter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Help On This Matter!!!! by fergiiosugo(m): 11:51am On May 08, 2015
Hi everyone. Please i need advice concerning an issue. I have this friend,his Dad is a Pastor. My friend is a stockbroker and he's paid quite well. My friend's dad was once a Pastor for a reputable church in Lagos. The G.O of the church with my friend's dad had some issues and they parted ways. Now the problem is,my friend's dad has set up his own church and for five years now he cant boast of a member. The church is not growing. He keeps stalking people to attend his church and from his salary,he pays the resident pastor including the instrumentalist he has. But right now,the members he has in the church is his family. My friend is worried because his Dad is putting the educational foundation of his younger ones in jeopardy. His younger ones gets chased away from school because of fees sometimes and it hurts my friend. So my friend has started diverting his funds he is suppose to be saving to start a family to cater for his younger ones. He came to me narrating this story but trust me,i don't know the bible too well and i don't know what i might say wrong so please i need your help people. What am i to tell him??

Cheers

Cc lalasticlala
Re: Please I Need Help On This Matter!!!! by InesQor(m): 1:29pm On May 08, 2015
1 Timothy 5:8

Anyone who does not provide for their relatives, and especially for their own household, has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever. (NIV)

But those who won't care for their relatives, especially those in their own household, have denied the true faith. Such people are worse than unbelievers. (NLT)

Your friend's Dad's primary duty is to take care of his family. Paying the resident pastor and instrumentalist is not a priority.

If the church staff are not willing to struggle along with the man to build a new congregation, they are free to leave.

And as for your friend's Dad, if the church thing isn't working out, it's not by force. And if he feels it's by force, he should be patient.
Re: Please I Need Help On This Matter!!!! by dsquare33: 1:55pm On May 08, 2015
Your friend's Dad should go back to go God by asking Him why people are leaving in droves.If truly the Lord has called him God will definitly listen and answer him.
Re: Please I Need Help On This Matter!!!! by fergiiosugo(m): 4:17pm On May 08, 2015
@inesqor the thing is,my friends dad is the primary financier in d church. He settles the bills in his family but because of the church needs he has to divide his attention. And this is causing a stir in the family. Not that the church has handled a congregation of 15 people since it's inception. One member comes today and leaves the next sunday. That's has been the trend for the past 5 years. What I am suggesting but I have not told my friend yet is,i think God did not call his dad. Nowadays Pastors quarrel and the next thing we see is a creation of another church from the breakaway Pastor. Shwooo
Re: Please I Need Help On This Matter!!!! by Nobody: 1:40am On May 10, 2015
fergiiosugo:
@inesqor the thing is,my friends dad is the primary financier in d church. He settles the bills in his family but because of the church needs he has to divide his attention. And this is causing a stir in the family. Not that the church has handled a congregation of 15 people since it's inception. One member comes today and leaves the next sunday. That's has been the trend for the past 5 years. What I am suggesting but I have not told my friend yet is,i think God did not call his dad. Nowadays Pastors quarrel and the next thing we see is a creation of another church from the breakaway Pastor. Shwooo

Unfortunately, there's no god that calls anybody. The idea of calling is a tool for propagating & furthering the agenda of the church, which is keeping their ignorant & gullible followers in perpetual mental bondage.

If you probe into the cause of the feud between your friend's Dad & the G.O, you'll find out it's the sharing formula from the church revenue generated from tithing, just like what happened between David Oyedepo & Bolu Martins few years ago.

These guys are strictly businessmen, and I suspect the G.O must have hurled some psychic arrows at your friend's Dad, which would explain his present predicament.
Re: Please I Need Help On This Matter!!!! by Joagbaje(m): 5:34am On May 10, 2015
The matter is very simple . Some questions has to to be asked to get right COUNSELL.
Firstly.
WHY DID HE PART WAYS WITH HIS BOSS

Luke 16:12
And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?

If their separation was due to not being faithful to his boss then he has laid a wrong foundation for himself . Which will not go until he repents.
1 Corinthians 4:2
-- Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.

ON WHAT GROUND IS HE STARTING A CHURCH

Did God call him to start a church or a ministry or it was born under contention? Some are called to serve under another minister. Just as Timothy served Paul and pastored under him. The best place for any man is where his calling is. Whatever God has t called you to do there will be no grace or ability for it. No matter how much you try. Church is not business . Even if God had called him. There's a right timing .

It's only him and his G.O who can tell us details of what transpired . But I think that's where the problem is. Ahithiopel was anointed with wisdom to serve David . But when he left David. His wisdom became foolishness .

TRANING

Lastly ,what training does he have . Ministry is about people . Having people's interest at heart to help them fulfil Gods purpose . You go out there and win them and bring them in to feed them. Is he feeding the people?. Sheep will go to where the grass is . Preaching on another mans pulpit may be sweet and exiting .you may even feel you can do it better than the leader , But when you carry the burden of leadership. You realize it takes a calling

Hebrews 5:4
And no man taketh this honour unto himself, but he that is called of God, as was Aaron.

One of the proof of calling on a mans life is result .

1 Corinthians 9:2 (KJV Strong's)
for the seal (proof) of mine apostleship are ye in the Lord.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Evangelism! / The Spirit Of Christ / Nnamdi Kanu Biafra Must Die Prohecy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.