Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,451 members, 7,850,575 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. (4349 Views)

Udoma: We Don’t Have Funds To Pay Salaries, Pensions / Buhari Poses With Rochas Okorocha In Aso Rock (photos) / It's A Shame That 27 Out Of 36 States Can't Pay Salaries- Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by luvmijeje(f): 4:53pm On May 09, 2015
Chigold101:
well he said before Awo started the free education scheme he had everything worked out, but these governors do not work out things. They just embark on an unplanned journey.

[b]Now consider this: what is the benefit of free education when there is no teacher to teach? If Osun teachers for examples stay home cos of unpaid salary, how will that benefit the pupils?[/b]I think the main thing is for these governors to develop means of increasing their IGR first, before embacking on feeding their citizens.

What's the need of teachers if parents who live with less than one dollar per day can't afford to send their children to school. You guys are talking as though governance is all about payment of salaries.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by luvmijeje(f): 4:57pm On May 09, 2015
obayaya:

The brand of free education in osun state is pathetic.. A very flawed model

How's it pathetic?
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by OdenigboAroli(m): 4:59pm On May 09, 2015
And what is the benefits of free education when the teachers are not qualified to even teach or lacks passion and love for the teaching profession. I rather have my son learn mechanic trade than to send him to one these Rochas or Aregbeshola where they learn nothing. Half education is worse than illiteracy.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by obayaya(m): 5:17pm On May 09, 2015
luvmijeje:

How's it pathetic?

The free education scheme is more of a political strategy than an educational advancement scheme..

It's neither sustainable nor effective..
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by HzRF(m): 5:30pm On May 09, 2015
Our case in osun is different
We have a conman term "governor"
In a state that has 4bn as allocation wen oil was booming
Aregbesola construct 10km/1bn in all LG
Pain train station at almost 1bn
Waste 8bn on Chinco opon (games and blue film) imon
150m to his wife for Christmas /new yr light design in prominent towns that always be removed after 3wks at most same for Muslim festival.

Oyinlola ran free education, free food as in tea popularly called eruku oshodi (dust of oshodi) with rice everyday with 3bn monthly allocation

Aregbesola ran/running on 4bn- 3.5bn
Yet na cocoa, rice twice a week + half a egg

Inflating projects price
He wanted to dualise 14km Road and it will 14.7bn
Upon the fact that he has nt paid salaries for 6months
The idiot was able to travel abroad returned on Tuesday cuz of meeting they had with BBB

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by luvmijeje(f): 5:32pm On May 09, 2015
obayaya:

The free education scheme is more of a political strategy than an educational advancement scheme..

It's neither sustainable nor effective..

I don't know about other regions but in the southwest free education from primary to secondary level have always been part of government policy. What Aregbe did is to introduce Omeal and technology into schools. Personally in my opinion they are good ideas. But in line with the cash crunch that has hit the country, he should temporarily cut cost.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by MzJackBaueress(f): 5:33pm On May 09, 2015
meanwhile.... grin

Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by asha80(m): 5:38pm On May 09, 2015
tabletman1:
Oga asha,
it seems to me you don't like this particular news because you have never complain like this before.
But I don't think rochas is owing any civil servant maybe Abagworo will have something to say about this particular news.
this kind of news simply means capital projects meant to uplift life and economy of a state is halted since payment of salary is already a problem..i dont have a problem with rochas' politics but his administrative abilities.how come you hardly comment these days?
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by obayaya(m): 6:16pm On May 09, 2015
luvmijeje:

I don't know about other regions but in the southwest free education from primary to secondary level have always been part of government policy. What Aregbe did was to introduce Omeal and technology into schools. Personally in my opinion they are good ideas. But in line with the cash crunch that has hit the country, he should temporarily cut cost.

It's not just in the South West.. UBE stipulates free tuition from primary 1 to Jss 3. But that doesn't mean students can't pay little stipends for other lil things..

Omeal and Opon Imo looks good on paper but it's ridiculous in real life.. Even Parents are complaining..
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by PhockPhockMan: 6:25pm On May 09, 2015
obayaya:

CBN deducts 1.1 billion form Osun and pays to Anambra state... Epic

Therein lies the difference between a leader and a ruler.. A leader plans for the future.. But a ruler is only interested in the power..

Choi......

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by millionaireman: 6:25pm On May 09, 2015
kinglekan:
I keep wondering what goes through GMB's mind as he sees the situation of things on ground. So much would be expected of him.

www.nairaland.com/twaci
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2388096_coollogocom5062531_gifdbb2fefbdd9e975d8678c04d0a1169c1

If Buhari is for real, he has to immediately constitute a National Conference to enable Nigerians in a democratic environment select a governing system that suits a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria - most probably a return to regional government system with fiscal federalism.

The 36 states+Abuja political structure is overbloated with recurrent expenditures that suck up most of the country's revenues. Gov. Okorocha told the real situation of Nigeria's finance.

If no is answer to return to regional government system with fiscal federalism, then a new equitable political structure needs to be crafted in a democracy.

Today's 36 states+Abuja political structure created by soldiers from north denies most of south of Nigeria adequate political representation, but leaves the north over-represented. This is why the 1999 constitution cannot be easily amended unless the amendment favours north of Nigeria, or the amendment is of little consequence.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by luvmijeje(f): 6:33pm On May 09, 2015
obayaya:

It's not just in the South West.. UBE stipulates free tuition from primary 1 to Jss 3. But that doesn't mean students can't pay little stipends for other lil things..

Omeal and Opon Imo looks good on paper but it's ridiculous in real life.. Even Parents are complaining..

Please do provide link to where parents made complaints. You guys are just finding ways to hang a dog by calling it bad names.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by obayaya(m): 6:36pm On May 09, 2015
luvmijeje:

Please do provide link to where parents made complaints. You guys are just finding ways to hang a dog by calling it bad names.

I'm presently serving in Osun state..

so I know...
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by millionaireman: 6:40pm On May 09, 2015
OdenigboAroli:

I have always know Rochas He simply wanna beautify Owerri and every body screams Owelle! .

My prayers are that before money finally finishes, let Gov Okorocha find a way to asphalt the roads scrapped in Orlu in the last three years, and reinstate the town's old stadium the way it was pre 2011.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by PhockPhockMan: 6:46pm On May 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
Do I need to respond to you? Mbanu!

Rochas Okorocha 2015-2019!!
That's height of selfishness. Can you hear yourself?
To You, it doesn't matter if all the workers in Imo dies of hunger, what matters is Okorocha rule till whatever.

OK.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by MzJackBaueress(f): 6:55pm On May 09, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

That's height of selfishness. Can you hear yourself?
To You, it doesn't matter if all the workers in Imo dies of hunger, what matters is Okorocha rule till whatever.

OK.
No Imo worker will die of hunger. Stop wishing your fellow imolites bad.

What is it with all these PDP supporters wishing people death?

Yesterday it was mogidi,today it is Obayaya wishing my uncle death and you wishing Imo workers death.

May God forgive you people.

*unfollows thread*
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by kinglekan: 6:56pm On May 09, 2015
millionaireman:

If Buhari is for real, he has to immediately constitute a National Conference to enable Nigerians in a democratic environment select a governing system that suits a multi-ethnic country like Nigeria - most probably a return to regional government system with fiscal federalism.

The 36 states+Abuja political structure is overbloated with recurrent expenditures that suck up most of the country's revenues. Gov. Okorocha told the real situation of Nigeria's finance.

If no is answer to return to regional government system with fiscal federalism, then a new equitable political structure needs to be crafted in a democracy.

Today's 36 states+Abuja political structure created by soldiers from north denies most of south of Nigeria adequate political representation, but leaves the north over-represented. This is why the 1999 constitution cannot be easily amended unless the amendment favours north of Nigeria, or the amendment is of little consequence.

Do you really think that another national conference would be worth it? At the end of the day suggestions made during these conferences would have to go through the senate if they are to be enacted.

Ofcause you know our senators wouldn't pass any law they are not comfortable with, especially due to their selfish interest.

Referendum would have been the proper way to go after the National conference under this GEJ regime but ofcause the decision to do that would also be subject to the senate. Our laws do not currently make room for referendum yet.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by obayaya(m): 7:00pm On May 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

Yesterday it was mogidi,today it is Obayaya wishing my uncle death and you wishing Imo workers death.

*unfollows thread*

Lol...

U are the person that needs God's forgiveness for selling your conscience on the altar of political association...

What's wrong is wrong..
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 09, 2015
asha80:
I have always believed that okorocha's administrative abilities is suspect and my belief has not changed

Osun used to be given as an example of a perfoming state...wonder what happened to it
the only thing that happened was that they built Shoprite and it became an achievement.

Aregberascal is a Scam and a reason why second term for governors should be abolished
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by PhockPhockMan: 7:43pm On May 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

*unfollows thread*

I know you and Okorocha are Christians. See what God said about the evil being committed by Okorocha against Imo people.

Leviticus 19:13 KJV

Thou shalt not defraud thy neighbour, nei­ther rob him: the wages of him that is hired shall not abide with thee all night until the morning.

So continue supporting evil.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by beetruth: 8:24pm On May 09, 2015
The highest height of cruelty in this world is to suffer people for no just means. Why starve people of their hard earned pay for months? How do they expect them to survive? The three basic amenities of sustainance on earth is simply food, clothing and shelter. If our elected actually provide this basics without dabbling into showoffs that only enable them to stupendously enrich their pockets then life will be easier for all. How do they expect this worker's to pass good knowledge to this kids when you create numerous problems for them by nothing paying salaries for long. Who will know explain to this kids what is loaded on the so called opon imo. Of what use is the roads and painted tracks when the masses cannot conviently have 2decent meals a day? Posterity will judge all this people and all who because of what they get fail to tell them the truth.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by tabletman1: 8:31pm On May 09, 2015
asha80:
this kind of news simply means capital projects meant to uplift life and economy of a state is halted since payment of salary is already a problem..i dont have a problem with rochas' politics but his administrative abilities. how come you hardly comment these days?
Naira land is fun when u watch from sideline.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by PhockPhockMan: 9:02pm On May 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:
meanwhile.... grin
Keep deceiving yourself.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by pazienza(m): 9:21pm On May 09, 2015
Haha! Is it just a co incidence that 419 million naira was deducted from Imo allocation, I mean considering the fact that the governor is a 419 himself, a conman. Shame on the Igbo people in Imo that re elected a mallam.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by BlackTechnology: 9:26pm On May 09, 2015
MzJackBaueress:

*unfollows thread*

Please stop commenting

This is about development and not partisan politics

Rochas do not understand what it takes to transform any Igbo community

Governance requires more of wisdom than charity

I hope men like Abagworo can now realise why I was saying then that Rochas should concentrate on wealth creation through industrialization than wealth sharing through free free free things. cool

God bless you phockphockman and others cool
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by BlackTechnology: 9:29pm On May 09, 2015
pazienza:
Haha! Is it just a co incidence that 419 million naira was deducted from Imo allocation, I mean considering the fact that the governor is a 419 himself, a conman. Shame on the Igbo people in Imo that re elected a mallam.

I believe the election was rigged cool
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by EMANY01(m): 9:33pm On May 09, 2015
PhockPhockMan:

I know you and Okorocha are Christians. See what God said about the evil being committed by Okorocha against Imo people.

So continue supporting evil.

Not so sure about okorocha being a christain anymore espesially now that he he is under the illusion, that he would be the apc candidate for igbo presidency.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by PhockPhockMan: 9:35pm On May 09, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Please stop commenting

This is about development and not partisan politics

Rochas do not understand what it takes to transform any Igbo community

Governance requires more of wisdom than charity

I hope men like Abagworo can now realise why I was saying then that Rochas should concentrate on wealth creation through industrialization than wealth sharing through free free free things. cool

God bless you phockphockman and others cool
Thanks my man.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by BlackTechnology: 9:37pm On May 09, 2015
PhockPhockMan:
Thanks my man.

You are welcome wink
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by Curlieweed: 9:47pm On May 09, 2015
pazienza:

My Bro,

Shame dey catch your brother, oh. Even in Nkwerre, my own hometown, some ignorant people were voting that career criminal.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 09, 2015
luvmijeje:

Endorse! If they are bereft of ideas, they should all resign. No be by force.

As sensible as this writeup is, this is the part I don't agree with......... Majority of them are beneficiaries of free education so why deny the present generation what they themselves benefit from. They should focus on all other areas to do their cut saving measures.

I disagree with you sir. With limited resources governments should look at reducing waste. Why would you be talking of free education in a decayed economy? The author asserted that their freebies were being implemented without understanding the economic implications. How many of us leave these free education to put our children in private schools where we pay exorbitant fees? Or are your children attending the public school? Does Aregbesola child attend these school? All these freebies are to hoodwink the masses.
Re: Rochas Okorocha’s Ludicrous Plea For Aid To Pay Salaries. by pazienza(m): 5:35am On May 10, 2015
Curlieweed:

My Bro,

Shame dey catch your brother, oh. Even in Nkwerre, my own hometown, some ignorant people were voting that career criminal.

Ndiigbo in Imo state, really made a big mistake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is Willie Really Working / Pictures of people Kneeling down for Nnamdi Kanu. / PDP Urges World Leaders To Advice APC On Credible Polls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.