Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? (29322 Views)

Kids Cartoon In Yoruba, Igbo And Hausa Languages(Video) / The Caribbean Islands Where Indigenes Speak Igbo And Yoruba / Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by YonkijiSappo: 4:47pm On May 13, 2015
Ezemust:
i love to see educated Fulanis.they are wiser dan the core bause

Thanks smiley
Is that you on your profile? you look like one of us
I can teach you Fulfulde if you are interested.
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Ezemust: 4:51pm On May 13, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

Thanks smiley
kai malam.dats my babe.am male
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by scholes0(m): 4:54pm On May 13, 2015
Badassniggga:
yoruba and ebira.. Despite the fact i was born and bred in the SW, i can give those living at my hometown(obehira, okene) a run for their money when it comes to fluency rate of the ebira language..

I know that area, Obehira, Ageva, Ogaminana, Okengwe, Okene itself.
I found it funny because i could get around speaking Yoruba in Ogori Magongo and environs.

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by iamclime(m): 4:58pm On May 13, 2015
[color=#990000][/color]
scholes0:

Honestly, I have never heard of this Tori before o- However I have heard of Egun/Gun- which happens to be a dialect of Fon/Fon-Gbe, but thanks for mentioning it. Are you an Egun man yourself?
Gungbe is not a dialect of Fongbe; they are distinct tongues with many similarities. I speak both, and a few other dialects
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by scholes0(m): 5:08pm On May 13, 2015
iamclime:
[color=#990000][/color]
Gungbe is not a dialect of Fongbe; they are distinct tongues with many similarities. I speak both, and a few other dialects

Is Torigbe reateed to Ayizo and Allada Gbe?
Ethnologue defines Gungbe as a dialect of Fongbe.
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by absoluteSuccess: 5:08pm On May 13, 2015
IYANGBALI:
ori e o da
Clevergrin

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by YonkijiSappo: 5:10pm On May 13, 2015
Ezemust:
kai malam.dats my babe.am male
lol...okay, hands off sir.
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by IYANGBALI: 5:10pm On May 13, 2015

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Macelliot(m): 5:13pm On May 13, 2015
Ezemust:
wow.confusion yadima.am from IBAGWA-AKA.
In Igbo-Eze south.. Great! Nice one bro...
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by NupeZalla(m): 5:15pm On May 13, 2015
Badassniggga:
yoruba and ebira.. Despite the fact i was born and bred in the SW, i can give those living at my hometown(obehira, okene) a run for their money when it comes to fluency rate of the ebira language..

I started learning hausa and nupe 3yrs ago after my admission to futminna, i understand a large chunk of hausa language due to its vast popularity over here but can't speak much due to school things. I'm always having trouble giving response to the elderly anytime i'm having a conversation, but i can tell what you're saying..

And as for nupe, hmmm, that language hard die. Can you believe i can only speak the basics from the past couple'o yrs? E.g, bie go i.e come here, ki o, ki jon i.e what's the matter?
Kube gidi sir, kube lo sun sir i.e good afternoon sir, good evening.. Etc.
That's the extent of my nupe abilities..

lols dix ur nupe u try sha
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by absoluteSuccess: 5:15pm On May 13, 2015
IYANGBALI:
You too much baba/iyangbalife, won o le rie mu laelae. cheesy

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Macelliot(m): 5:33pm On May 13, 2015
IYANGBALI:
I just wanted to confirm your comments that you speak Yoruba. Sowie no vex,ma binu se o gbo? Mama nkeshe give am 5 plates of monkey pepper soup and 10 cartons of alomo cheesy
Lolz... Funny! Mo ti gbo...

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Macelliot(m): 5:36pm On May 13, 2015
koice:

Yup.
hmm, specify... Dad from where? Mom from where?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:
hmm, specify... Dad from where? Mom from where?
So many questions, man. What's it to you?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Macelliot(m): 6:04pm On May 13, 2015
koice:

So many questions, man. What's it to you?
sorry!
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by IYANGBALI: 6:14pm On May 13, 2015
absoluteSuccess:
You too much baba/iyangbalife, won o le rie mu laelae. cheesy
shhhhhhhhhhhhh no shout,bad belle people still dey sleep

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by absoluteSuccess: 6:43pm On May 13, 2015
IYANGBALI:
shhhhhhhhhhhhh no shout,bad belle people still dey sleep
cheesy If them bad belle ultimate enemy gbab you ehn? Them go show you sharpally say, satan no get them level of craze for headgrin

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by kuuljay(m): 6:52pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:
I Speak Nsukka, Idemili and Izugbe(central-Ibo) dialects of Igbo.
I Speaks central-Yor and Ekiti dialect of Yoruba...
objectively which people speaks central igbo pls
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by kuuljay(m): 6:54pm On May 13, 2015
gowaga68:
I can speak Hausa (my tribe),Yoruba,Jukun, little of Tiv,Kanuri and Kuteb.
grin grin ;Dare you from taraba?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Macelliot(m): 6:59pm On May 13, 2015
kuuljay:
objectively which people speaks central igbo pls
All Igbos and Igboid people.....
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by kuuljay(m): 7:00pm On May 13, 2015
me speak hausa,yoruba,nupe,gbagyi,tiv,and igbo in view, as a barrack boy you no get choice grin grin grin
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Ezemust: 7:03pm On May 13, 2015
Macelliot:

In Igbo-Eze south.. Great! Nice one bro...
i will open a thread on nsk peeps soon
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by marieclare(f): 7:38pm On May 13, 2015
ichidodo:
Oui,J'ai nigeriane mais habite dan la mosqué...

Lool. Ok now.
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Macelliot(m): 7:48pm On May 13, 2015
Ezemust:
i will open a thread on nsk peeps soon
Great move!
Notify me when you do so....
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Badassniggga(m): 8:08pm On May 13, 2015
NupeZalla:
lols dix ur nupe u try sha
grin OKU SIR!
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by gowaga68: 11:02pm On May 13, 2015
kuuljay:
grin grin ;Dare you from taraba?
Yes, Kilo wa de?
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by wahalababe(f): 11:12pm On May 13, 2015
Truth24:
Imaima, Uyai iban... Mkpo Abadea?
idioko
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by wahalababe(f): 11:15pm On May 13, 2015
john4aguero:

Uyai Iban, mkpo abadie? smiley smiley
idioko
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by dgreat001(m): 8:03am On May 14, 2015
Morning everyone, I'm happy I could locate this kind of thread
I am Olalekan, a PG research student, working on EDO LANGUAGE (specifically BINI dialect). I'd be glad if i can meet with someone who has a good command of the spoken and written forms of the dialect. It will be of immense help to me, Thank you.

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Kingsley721: 11:17am On May 14, 2015
I speak igbo(my origin, central igbo ), hausa, and now learning youruba, English,

Still want to learn more languages anybody can volunteer to help in any one.

Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Fulaman198(m): 3:17pm On May 14, 2015
adilbee:
Fulfulde,
pullo bi pullo daga yola, Adamawa.

Woodi Maasin, Min fuu, min mi Pullo daga Maayo Belwa ha hima Adamawa. Mi hinni ma! Jam tan
Re: Which Nigerian Languages can You Speak? by Fulaman198(m): 3:24pm On May 14, 2015
YonkijiSappo:

Thanks smiley

cheesy loll dear brother what are you up to? I have a feeling that you are just trying to get some pretty feet on your face.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Lovely Names For Twins / Africans/ Deodorant / Jas Oyekan, Adele-Olu Ilaro Dies After His 70th Birthday