Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Africans/ Deodorant - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Africans/ Deodorant (29287 Views)

Refuting The Myth:African Americans Vs Africans(Nigerians) In America / Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Africans/ Deodorant by annita19(f): 4:07am On Jun 11, 2011
Why is it that most Africans/Indians don't use Deodorant? No insult intended. I would appreciate respectful comments.
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by Nobody: 4:10am On Jun 11, 2011
shocked shocked shocked shocked There's atom of truth to this tho. @Op I hope you re well prepared for bashing undecided
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by omega25red(m): 4:20am On Jun 11, 2011
some people are not used to using it and it's not part of their hygine ritual. Besides those of us who us it are risking cancer due to the aluminum oxide that is used to make deodorant
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by Blazay(m): 8:13am On Jun 11, 2011
The smell na wah!
Especially the men. . . Phummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
After slapping the hot sun for eva with those smelly bushy armpits!
Twa!
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by Dede1(m): 2:05pm On Jun 11, 2011
annita19:

Why is it that most Africans/Indians don't use Deodorant? No insult intended. I would appreciate respectful comments.

It is very good to know you limited your bed game to Africans and Indians and would have been better to only Africans. Most of people of human race do not use deodorant. Mind you that human race included Europeans and Asians.
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by ifyalways(f): 12:57am On Jun 12, 2011
annita19:

They feel they have no use it for it.

They don't have access to it and if they do,they can't afford it.

They use and have other alternatives eg talcum powder,coconut oil.etc
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by armyofone(m): 1:04pm On Jun 13, 2011
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
A grown arse man needs to put something on under his pits.
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by MrsChima(f): 2:56am On Jun 19, 2011
The somalians on this side ALWAYS SMELLING like CURRIED asscheeks.
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by Nobody: 3:35am On Jun 19, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

The somalians on this side ALWAYS SMELLING like CURRIED asscheeks.
WIFEY!!!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by tpia5: 3:55am On Jun 19, 2011
seriously, why dont somalis and AAs get along?

the rancor is almost more than yoruba/igbo own.
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by MrsChima(f): 5:19am On Jun 19, 2011
rokiatu:

WIFEY!!!!!!! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

WIFEY!!!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

tpia@:

seriously, why dont somalis and AAs get along?

the rancor is almost more than yoruba/igbo own.

I didn't know that Somalis and Black Americans didn't get along. CNN been reporting bullshit again? undecided
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by PAGAN9JA(m): 4:58pm On Jun 19, 2011
i hear the Sudanese use fish vapors as a perfume.  lipsrsealed tongue tongue
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by EEngineer1(m): 3:22pm On Aug 13, 2011
annita19:

who the hell are you, i pity your life, why are you on nairaland
why dont u leave since we are disgusting as you claim
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by Nobody: 4:41pm On Aug 13, 2011
E-Engineer:

who the hell are you, i pity your life, why are you on nairaland
why dont u leave since we are disgusting as you claim
Lawd!! I'd like to believe that young lady is also African.

Relax captain.
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by DaRapture: 10:45pm On Aug 13, 2011
Word, especially the dudes. Many of them be STANKING their Bottom off. I'm like fool, what's the purpose of you being all jiggied up with your clothes, only to funk them up a couple hours later?
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by ADM1(m): 4:02am On Aug 14, 2011
What's the point of this question? I can't stand $tupid people. It doesn't matter where you're from. If you don't shower, you'll smell bad. I've come across smelly Afro-Americans and smelly Caucasians. See how $tupid you are, annita19 and DaRapture?
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by DaRapture: 3:55pm On Aug 14, 2011
A.D.M.:

What's the point of this question? I can't stand $tupid people. It doesn't matter where you're from. If you don't shower, you'll smell bad. I've come across smelly Afro-Americans and smelly Caucasians. See how $tupid you are, annita19 and DaRapture?

LOL, since when did you start using Afro-American instead of African-American? LOL. Are we feeling a bit more disconnect lately behind kisser?  undecided
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by ADM1(m): 7:23pm On Aug 15, 2011
DaRapture:

LOL, since when did you start using Afro-American instead of African-American? LOL. Are we feeling a bit more disconnect lately behind kisser?  undecided

African-American, Afro-American, black American, who cares? Use whatever terminology you want. And as for your accusation about me, you don't know me and my life. I go after ANYBODY who displays hatred and ignorance. It doesn't matter if it's a white nationalist (Hertsnite) or an African (davidylan) or an African-American (kony).
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by EEngineer1(m): 12:57pm On Sep 12, 2011
@foolish original poster

since we are so dirty, why spend ur precious time on our precious forum

u are such a disgrace, is ur african boyfriend killing u with his body odour? go get another one, oops i forgot, you are yourself, the undesirable one
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by Nobody: 2:33am On Sep 16, 2011
grin grin somebody is HURTING!! ^^

anyway, some africans do not need deo. because they've got their own natural remedies for hygiene. smiley
deo. is a western invention and besides even with that being said, there are plenty of us westerners that NEED to go to Sam's Club and buy a CRATE full of deodorant. . .and USE THEM!!! grin Let's keep it real!!

I'm just saying! Thank GOD i don't have B.O.!!
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by Egbagirl(f): 10:58am On Sep 16, 2011
Blazay:

The smell na wah!
Especially the men. . . Phummmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!
After slapping the hot sun for eva with those smelly bushy armpits!
Twa!

ROTFLMCAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! chai! LOL!!!!! ahahahahahahhahaahhaha cant stop laughing!

serioulsy @topic: thats a very good question. I really think "they" are just not used to it. it's definitely not that it is expensive so i guess its not part of "their" daily routine. then again, if you trying to ask why many "africans" smell, it might also be because "they" dont shower often or dont shower well.
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by MrsChima1(f): 3:50am On Sep 17, 2011
There are some Africans that do not wear deodorant for whatever reason but there are WHITE PEOPLE who smell awful when they are wet.

The smell is so wolfish that will have you reaching for flea repellent. I would rather smell a musky African than a Wet Oyinbo.
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by african1(f): 6:16am On Sep 17, 2011
This unemployment things is really getting out of hand. sad
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by Ybutterfly: 2:07pm On Aug 10, 2012
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^[size=15pt]VERYYYYY VERYY FUNNNY[/size]^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Re: Africans/ Deodorant by Napoleonok: 12:42am On Mar 14, 2018

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Names For Twins / Jas Oyekan, Adele-Olu Ilaro Dies After His 70th Birthday / Nigerian Slay Queens Twerk For Masquerade (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.