Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,751 members, 7,831,406 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani (31067 Views)

6 Critical Reasons Why Northern Nigeria Remains The Poorest - Sen. Shehu Sani / Jonathan & Okonjo-Iweala Congratulate Amina Mohammed. Nigerians React / Jonathan’s Government Was Corrupt, Visionless, Ran Nigeria Aground – MEND (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by 989900: 11:32am On May 10, 2015
datribune:

Mr senator-elect, let me blunt, d sale is DAYLIGHT ROBBERY.
Arabian Amlak for Investment Limited made an offer of $919,999,999 to buy Nitel/Mtel only for it to be sold to Tuned Ayeni's NATCOM for a paltry $252.25m.
Ayeni is d guy who donated 2b naira to GEJ's campaign. Amlak is in court as we speak.
[/b]

Seriously?!
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by datribune: 11:45am On May 10, 2015
989900:

Seriously?!

Yeah seriously. It appears unbelievable but it happened in our country. smh
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by 989900: 12:11pm On May 10, 2015
datribune:

Yeah seriously. It appears unbelievable but it happened in our country. smh

Just checked, it's in the news!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by Miracy(f): 12:42pm On May 10, 2015
abbyyzino:

You should be in church you know...
Was actually on my way to church wink
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by AMvanquish: 12:53pm On May 10, 2015
philips70:

This is Nairaland for you. Mind you we have many 17year olds in this political section.

grin
philips70:

This is Nairaland for you. Mind you we have many 17year olds in this political section.

Noted
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by petermichaels(m): 1:03pm On May 10, 2015
Oya make una run una own and tym lyk"Go-and-vomit restaurant"na,we dey wait. 2 talk and condemn is easy,bt 2 work wen u wearn d shoe,dat, most hv learnt its difficult. Ask Obama.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by drajjay: 2:01pm On May 10, 2015
kendrick9:
All this almajiris thinking like they own nigeria when most of them don't even have any drop of natural resources on there land
pls kindly shut up dear. Am a southerner but the way people talk about resources is annoying. You claim you have oil. Let me ask you a question how many drops of that oil have u seen. The North you think don't have anything are actually the ones feeding you. Talk about beans, onions and the rest of the food that gotten from the north. It It's folks like you that will starve first when the so called "dry North" decides to hoard food stuffs so they see how you will drink your "oyel". Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by yemmynoni: 2:12pm On May 10, 2015
emorse:
We knew all these already na. Why else do you think we voted for change? Even the poster above me is angry because he knows he cannot "come and chop" free food anyhow again.
God bless you sir
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by emorse(m): 2:30pm On May 10, 2015
Bollinger:

Let me tell you a story. George W Bush, was at one time the most hated man in America.... Can Nigerians ever learn from history?

Inasmuch as you made a lot of sense, I have some reservations.

OBJ did not deliver as much as we expected but his tenure has expired and we have moved on. Late Yar'adua did his best but his tenure was short lived and we have moved on. If GEJ had won, his tenure still would have ended in 2019 and we would have been forced to move on! GEJ phucked up and he showed no signs that he would have done any better if reelected.

Nigerians consequently decided to take a risk instead of handing four precious years of their lives to a mediocre on a platter. GMB and in fact the APC as a whole have four years to prove their worth. If they fail to satisfy us, we'll simply kick them out and take a different risk.

We are products of the choices we make and not the choices they make. A lot of Nigerians have realised this. You should too.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by Bollinger(m): 2:34pm On May 10, 2015
emorse:

Inasmuch as you made a lot of sense, I have some reservations.

OBJ did not deliver as much as we expected but his tenure has expired and we have moved on. Late Yar'adua did his best but his tenure was short lived and we have moved on. If GEJ had won, his tenure still would have ended in 2019 and we would have been forced to move on! GEJ phucked up and he showed no signs that he would have done any better if reelected.

Nigerians consequently decided to take a risk instead of handing four precious years of their lives to a mediocre on a platter. GMB and in fact the APC as a whole have four years to prove their worth. If they fail to satisfy us, we'll simply kick them out and take a different risk.

We are products of the choices we make and not the choices they make. A lot of Nigerians have realised this. You should too.

I get it. We MOVE ON as a people when we've made decisions. We also LEARN from our mistakes. Nigerians don't. And i honestly believe they are expecting way to much from Buhari.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by emorse(m): 2:45pm On May 10, 2015
Bollinger:

I get it. We MOVE ON as a people when we've made decisions. We also LEARN from our mistakes. Nigerians don't. And i honestly believe they are expecting way to much from Buhari.

Yeah expectations are sky high. I'm quite sure GMB is secretly doubting his abilities now. However, in four years, we'll take stock and decide our next move.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by ogundeleai(m): 3:02pm On May 10, 2015
God will reward every member of this outgoing administration commensurate with agony of what average Nigerians went through
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by Atk1nson(m): 3:52pm On May 10, 2015
ocelot2006:

Oh please shut the Bleep up!! What valid points did that clown make? As far as I'm concerned the break down and sale of the once corrupt PHCN was one of the BEST MOVES the outgoing administration ever made. Let the private sector handle distribution and generation while the FG handles transmission and overall regulation via NERC. ....

a non-aboki guru like u do not know that know that one of the major reasons our naira is floundering is because of d depletion of our excess crude account, foreign reserves and ballooning debt portfolio.

no sensible fellow will ignore the fact that after privatisation and billions of USD spent by did administration, power generation dropped from 4000mw to 2000mw, inspite of d government still providing billions of naira in subsidies to d buyers.
Granted that power generation will not meet d current demand over note, it's inconceivable that it is even reducing further.
he is very much on point in questioning d privatization process and d way it was carried out.

I will go no further, I even tried responding to a tribal bigot, anyone who judges a person by dear religion or ethnicity is not worth my time
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by Fourwinds: 4:28pm On May 10, 2015
henrysam:

We will soon know what we are going to get voting illiterate and brainless as a president.
d one dat has brain and literate, what did he do
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by abbyyzino(m): 4:34pm On May 10, 2015
Miracy:
Was actually on my way to church wink
it's alright...btw Happy Mother's Day
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by Yasirarafat: 4:46pm On May 10, 2015
thE truth is revealed..... Every prO-jona is shouting aimlessly anY waY GMB mUst sweep this ebeletisma to prisOn
BABA BUHARI YACI ZABE MAI TSINTSIYA NA ZABA CIKWAL UWAR DAKA MUHADIYE GIDAMSU JONA !!

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by chidistone: 5:18pm On May 10, 2015
U guys should focus on turning ur promises about bringing changes to this nation to a reality than concentrating more on forgone issues. We are no longer focusing on jonathan rather on ur party's promises. Nigerians won't be fooled with Jonathan this and that at this time. Don't shift blames for ur failures to him now. We are waiting for our
dream land!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by ocelot2006(m): 5:35pm On May 10, 2015
Atk1nson:

a non-aboki guru like u do not know that know that one of the major reasons our naira is floundering is because of d depletion of our excess crude account, foreign reserves and ballooning debt portfolio.

no sensible fellow will ignore the fact that after privatisation and billions of USD spent by did administration, power generation dropped from 4000mw to 2000mw, inspite of d government still providing billions of naira in subsidies to d buyers.
Granted that power generation will not meet d current demand over note, it's inconceivable that it is even reducing further.
he is very much on point in questioning d privatization process and d way it was carried out.

I will go no further, I even tried responding to a tribal bigot, anyone who judges a person by dear religion or ethnicity is not worth my time

Dude, im no guru, but i advice that if you're not sure about a subject matter, then I suggest you shut up and read up OR open your mouth (or in this case type garbage) and expose your ignorance to the whole world to see. Anyway here are a few facts:

1)Power generation peaked at about 1500MW during the OBJ years. Two years or so after GEJ began his 1st tenure as president, power generation leaked at almost 5,000MW. That is a feat that has NEVER been achieved by previous administrations. And people can attest to the fact the Nigerians now enjoy more hours of light compared to yesteryears when they had to make do with a few hours of brownouts in some areas and total blackout in most part of the country. All these were achieved thanks to the projects I listed in my previous post. It is true that there's been a dip in power generated, but if you ever bothered to follow up the news at all, you would've known that known that it's all caused solely by our gas supply lines being sabotaged.

2)If you ever bothered to follow the news (as usual) then you would've known that the devaluation of the naira was triggered primarily by the massive drop in oil prices, the sole commodity that this nation operates on. No thanks to the non-diversification of our economy, this drop has been deeply felt as we pretty much depend on a lot of imports, including refined fuel products as our refineries aren't producing optimally. Still no other administration has shown as much seriousness as GEJ in diversifying our economy. Thanks to GEJ other sectors, agriculture in particular, now earns the nation much needed FX. Thanks to the revolutiin in the same agriculture sector, which BTW the way is our 2nd highest earner of FX, we've seen a massive slash in our import bill from over N3 TRILLION (yes you read that right) to a bit over N600 billion. We've equally seen the revitalization of our once comatose manufacturing sector, and even ENTERTAINMENT (NOLLYWOOD) now contributes to our earnings thanks to the infusion of initial experimental funding by GEJ.

Yet you expect me believe the rants of some newly elected senator who's busy spewing trash everywhere cos he has a grudge with GEJ? Abegi...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by ocelot2006(m): 5:38pm On May 10, 2015
Yasirarafat:
thE truth is revealed..... Every prO-jona is shouting aimlessly
anY waY GMB mUst sweep this ebeletisma to prisOn

BABA BUHARI YACI ZABE
MAI TSINTSIYA NA ZABA
CIKWAL UWAR DAKA MUHADIYE GIDAMSU JONA !!

Abeg shut up! Your messiah is busy making up excuses already yet your here talking trash. 29th May is just around the corner nah. Don't perform, and we'll give him a taste of the treated meted on GEJ. Nonsense.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by manck2: 6:23pm On May 10, 2015
cool cry
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by samsard(m): 6:38pm On May 10, 2015
publicenemy:
That's what u get when u have a Zoologist for a president...

He will run the country like a Zoo.
Have you ever seen a zoology text book or past question paper? if no, just shut up.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by netotse(m): 6:42pm On May 10, 2015
Buchukwu:
My father was affected by the Nepa sack after the company was privatised, he hasn't forgiven GEJ since then, he normally tells us about his colleagues that were sacked and how they're now suffering. That's the worst thing GEJ did, its just TOO BAD

Hope you dont mind my asking...was your father paid his severance money? If he wasn't you need to sue sharpish.

Modified...seen some folks have asked you the same questions...which arm of PHCN was he in, can you tell us what department he was as well. I can ask a few questions about the place.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by bakila: 7:34pm On May 10, 2015
kendrick9:
All this almajiris thinking like they own nigeria when most of them don't even have any drop of natural resources on there land
But they produce a lot of rice, yam, maize, sorghum and eguisi.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by queencylady(f): 7:54pm On May 10, 2015
publicenemy:

True talk. I dey feel you
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by omolami: 8:17pm On May 10, 2015
If so nigerians expect buhari and your APC to run their govt like BUKATERIA. Which one more refined shehu?
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by Miracy(f): 11:00pm On May 10, 2015
abbyyzino:

it's alright...btw Happy Mother's Day
Awww.. .. thanks.
How was church service??
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by angelberton(f): 1:03am On May 11, 2015
kendrick9:

Do not forget that all land in Nigeria belongs to the FG and not the individuals or tribes that occupy them. You forgot the North is the bread-basket of the Country.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by abbyyzino(m): 8:23pm On May 12, 2015
Miracy:
Awww.. .. thanks. How was church service??
Blessed!!!
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by highmood(m): 11:24pm On May 12, 2015
AMvanquish:

Google shehu Sani and you would know him better. He is a human rights activist. since the days of abacha, the man no be today. Infact, if my history is correct, he was also jailed by abacha during his regime. What has been your own contribution.
those that have the opportunity to do what is right should do so irrespective of his location or position, which I am. Need I tell you, which I believe you may doubt.
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by Nobody: 5:42am On Apr 06, 2016
Shehu Sani if U dey near me,I for slap ur jaw
Re: Jonathan, Okonjo-iweala Ran Nigeria Like A Come-and-chop Restaurant — Shehu Sani by ahaz: 5:54am On Apr 06, 2016
publicenemy:

at least the zoologist is better than the NEPA bill certified olodo ..go to the nearest fuel station for .ore clarifications by shouting sai baba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"My Heritage Is My Pride" -Fulani Man Says As He Shares Photos Of His Cattle / Buhari Replaces Olonisakin , Ibas As Service Chiefs / Youths In Gombe Slaughter Goats & Sheep To Celebrate The Return Of Buhari(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.