Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,012 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Infinix Hot X507 Product Review: Is It Really The Best Budget Smartphone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Infinix Hot X507 Product Review: Is It Really The Best Budget Smartphone? (3149 Views)

Gionee Steel 2: Another Budget Smartphone By Gionee / New Whatsapp Privacy Policy - What It Really Means For Users / Oukitel C2 Hands-on Review, Best Budget Smartphone So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infinix Hot X507 Product Review: Is It Really The Best Budget Smartphone? by Catalyst007(m): 3:36am On May 10, 2015
Infinix is a French phone company that is gradually stealing customers away from Tecno Nigeria. The product under review is Infinix Hot X507, it was launched in November 2014. It is one of the best selling phones on Konga today.

INTERNAL STORAGE: For a budget Smartphone, I find Infinix Hot exceeding normal expectations. Its internal storage is 16GB! This is enough, even for heavy app users. It can hold your Apps, Games, Movies, Pictures and Music (till you decide to buy an external memory card to supplement it). Corresponding Tecno budget smartphones cannot boast of an internal storage space anywhere near 16GB.

ANDROID 4.4.2 KITKAT OPERATING SYSTEM (OS): With an Android 4.4.2 Kit Kat OS, you are guaranteed a strong performance from this device. Android OS 4.4.2 Kit Kat takes System Performance to an all-time high by optimizing memory and improving your touchscreen so that it responds faster and more accurately than ever before.

FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS OF INFINIX HOT X507:

- Product Type: Smartphone.
- 5.0 Inch FWVGA Capacitive Touch Screen (enjoy wide screen display).
- Internal Storage: 16 GB
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- 1.3 GHz Core Processor.
- 2000mAh Battery.
- 5MP rear HD (Primary) Camera - The Images are super crisp and sharp.
- 2MP front (Secondary) Camera.
- RAM: 1GB
- FM: Yes
- 3.5mm Headphone jack.
- SIM Type: Dual SIM (One of them is a Micro-SIM Port).
- Network: 2G and 3G.

CUSTOMER REVIEW(S) AND SCORE:

Here’s a customer review by Ifeanyi, from an Infinix Forum Community.

“Infinix Hot is the first android phone I ever bought. My neighbour did a market research for me and found out that it was the only budget smartphone with massive specs in Nigeria. Immediately after purchasing it, I started to explore her potentials. Other than its tendency to heat up (especially while charging), everything it promises, it delivers.”

I quite agree with Ifeanyi’s review; having once used this android phone myself. I have to add that the battery life is quite poor (especially when browsing or watching movies). The temperature rise turned me off initially (before I got to know the reason for that later on). Read on to find out why.

SCORE: Out of a score of ten I give it a 7; based on its price, picture/video quality, battery life, internal storage, Internet connection, RAM, Processor speed, Screen size and Operating system.

PRICE: As of the time I was writing this article, Infinix Hot X507 was ₦16,000.00 on Konga; follow this link to check if the price has changed.

Note: When the phone was first released, it sold for between ₦12,900.00 and ₦13,400.00 on Konga. The unfavourable exchange rate in our country’s currency market is responsible for the present hike in its price.

To answer your question on why Infinix Hot is mostly hot, the name explains everything. Here is the Company’s description of their product:

“Let the Infinix Hot heat up your life, with a 1.3 GHz Quad-Core Processor, which enables the X507 multiple instructions at the same time, increasing the overall speed for programs compatible with parallel processing. Play games, the internet, chat via messenger and still enjoy other social networks with optimal performance on the go. Upgrade to the Latest Android OS to fully unleash the power and features of your device and feel the temperature rise even higher. “

The processor is massive for a device of that size. The processor in this device is a Quad-Core 1.3 GHz processor. Most Laptops cannot even boast of the frequency (speed of device’s operations). The processor is the cause of the heat. And from all indications, the manufacturers intended for it to be so (it is the unique feature of the phone - as its name implies).

CONCLUSION: Overall, Infinix Hot is a beautiful high performance device with calculated flaws. It is one of the best budget (cheap) smartphones in Nigeria with massive specs and features. I’d advise my friends, family members and fans to try it...

VISIT: http://onlineshopping-productreviews..com/2015/05/infinix-hot-x507-product-review-is-it9.html

To checkout the product
Re: Infinix Hot X507 Product Review: Is It Really The Best Budget Smartphone? by Whizpeter(m): 9:36am On May 10, 2015
Sorry ooo

Are there no 5 inchers with octacore processors...
Why should infinix quad-core be different?
Don't annoy me..
Failures would always give excuses

I'm beginning to wonder when Infinix became a French company...

For ya information, Tecno, Infinix and Itel, na One papa born them...
I mean they are all from the same company and that's why three of them share the same customer service representative... And that's CARLCARE
Re: Infinix Hot X507 Product Review: Is It Really The Best Budget Smartphone? by Deshannel(m): 4:19pm On May 10, 2015
Whizpeter:
Sorry ooo

Are there no 5 inchers with octacore processors...
Why should infinix quad-core be different?
Don't annoy me..
Failures would always give excuses

I'm beginning to wonder when Infinix became a French company...

For ya information, Tecno, Infinix and Itel, na One papa born them...
I mean they are all from the same company and that's why three of them share the same customer service representative... And that's CARLCARE

Based on what the Op stated. You have nothing on him. Infinix Hot is the best Budget phone in Nigeria FULLSTOP.

Your personal Opinion does not count.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot X507 Product Review: Is It Really The Best Budget Smartphone? by Fundango: 5:08pm On May 10, 2015
Wallahi my braza Enet phones are za low budget kilishi phone,buy one and zhank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Infinix Hot X507 Product Review: Is It Really The Best Budget Smartphone? by Whizpeter(m): 5:45pm On May 10, 2015
Deshannel:

Based on what the Op stated. You have nothing on him. Infinix Hot is the best Budget phone in Nigeria FULLSTOP.

Your personal Opinion does not count.

Lol... You also didn't get me.. He said the infinix was always getting hot because of the quad-core processor...
I had to remind him that there are other five inchers with octacore processors that doesn't get hot...
Re: Infinix Hot X507 Product Review: Is It Really The Best Budget Smartphone? by Catalyst007(m): 8:27pm On May 10, 2015
Whizpeter:

Lol... You also didn't get me.. He said the infinix was always getting hot because of the quad-core processor...
I had to remind him that there are other five inchers with octacore processors that doesn't get hot...

I now understand your point. Well, its just an honest review based on facts and personal observations. As for the Quadcore issue, I think it heats up because, the specs (including the Quad-Core) on the device is heavy for a budget phone. Many considerations and compromises were made.

I love the constructive critique though... Keep 'em coming.
Re: Infinix Hot X507 Product Review: Is It Really The Best Budget Smartphone? by Nobody: 8:34pm On May 10, 2015
but the camera is not sharp. so is nor d best. av u seen techno h6
Re: Infinix Hot X507 Product Review: Is It Really The Best Budget Smartphone? by Whizpeter(m): 9:46pm On May 10, 2015
Catalyst007:

I now understand your point. Well, its just an honest review based on facts and personal observations. As for the Quadcore issue, I think it heats up because, the specs (including the Quad-Core) on the device is heavy for a budget phone. Many considerations and compromises were made.

I love the constructive critique though... Keep 'em coming.

Yeah... I think... Probably the phone wasn't prepared to handle a Quadcore...
I agree with you...
All the same it's a nice phone...

And here comes the big irony...
M actually using an Infinix Hot device...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Any Injoo Service Centre In Abuja? / Airtel Nigeria Adopts New Strategy To Meet Hard Times (?). / I Just Discovered A Secret Game For Android Phones Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.