Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,074 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:28 PM

I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. (1712 Views)

Why Do Jehovah's Witnesses Prefer Secular Music To Gospel Music? / Can I Listen To Secular Music/clubbing And Still Be A Devoted Christian? / GODWIN; Gospel Or Secular??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by WisdomCanada(m): 7:01am On May 10, 2015
Please i need professional opinions, i cant stay a day without bothering about the fact that i'm totally confused on the genre of music i should focus on. I'm in my very early twenties, music is my calling, i'm gifted in song writing, music composition and of course, i deliver perfectly vocal wise.
When it comes to secular music, i only need a little time and financial support to become an A-list artist, sometimes i go through my works and imagine how much of a hit they are going to make, when i say i'm good, i'm not exaggerating, i'm actually good.

Now when it comes to gospel, i'm equally good, i compose extraordinary gospel songs, i have a musical group of 6 in church, 4 females and 2 males, we perform occasionally, and we've planned on moving it to the next level (Recording).
Of late i find myself pitching tent with gospel, i rarely rehearse my circular songs, tho i've recording like 4 seculars.
Now the my confusion lies here, i have been receiving this particular prophesy from prophets about my commitment to God's works. I was told by these different prophets to take the works of God so serious and leave some certain way of life, so i can live long and excel beyond human imaginations.
I'm a choir/music director in my church, i go to church every sunday, i go to bible classes when sometimes, i have a gospel music group in church, i go for mid-week prayers, i pay my tithe and i sow seeds, and i'm determined to pour myself entirely to God.
Please i want to know if this prophesy has to do with my secular music, because if i'm forced to leave secular music today, i wont in any way feel complete, i do gospel and secular altogether, i dont want to leave either of them for the other, how do i cope with secular music and God's works? HELP!
Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by GogetterMD(m): 7:08am On May 10, 2015
It's called "Secular", and not "Circular" music

1 Like

Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by ShayGirl(f): 7:12am On May 10, 2015
Alas I see someone as confused as I am...

Bro, just follow ur heart dear and focus ur attention on d genre u feel d vibe we. singing, d one u HV so much passion for and where ur interest lies... dnt look at what d world may say or what people would really HV interest in and choose d wrong path cos as it may be, ur passion may not go in line wit DAT particular genre......Ask God to show where ur inspiration lies and to show ur true calling
Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by ShayGirl(f): 7:12am On May 10, 2015
Alas I see someone as confused as I am...

Bro, just follow ur heart dear and focus ur attention on d genre u feel d vibe wen singing, d one u HV so much passion for and where ur interest lies... dnt look at what d world may say or what people would really HV interest in and choose d wrong path cos as it may be, ur passion may not go in line wit DAT particular genre......Ask God to show where ur inspiration lies and to show ur true calling

2 Likes

Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by WisdomCanada(m): 7:16am On May 10, 2015
GogetterMD:
It's called "Secular", and not "Circular" music
this is not the help i'm asking for, buh thanks anyway, MODIFIED.
Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by rill: 7:34am On May 10, 2015
Ok op u want join all those artiste that know nothing other than shake it, twist it, bend it, break it, destroy it.......shey We have enough of them already.
Bro stick to gospel, the world awaits you......
Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by esere826: 12:55pm On May 10, 2015
WisdomCanada:
.... secular music, because if i'm forced to leave circular music today, i wont in any way feel complete, i do gospel and secular altogether, i dont want to leave either of them for the other, how do i cope with secular music and God's works? HELP!

Why not create music that have themes that can be used in both secular and gospel ways.
that would be very creative wouldn't it?
Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by Cherlene(f): 1:22pm On May 10, 2015
WisdomCanada:
Please i need professional opinions, i cant stay a day without bothering about the fact that i'm totally confused on the genre of music i should focus on. I'm in my very early twenties, music is my calling, i'm gifted in song writing, music composition and of course, i deliver perfectly vocal wise.
When it comes to secular music, i only need a little time and financial support to become an A-list artist, sometimes i go through my works and imagine how much of a hit they are going to make, when i say i'm good, i'm not exaggerating, i'm actually good.

Now when it comes to gospel, i'm equally good, i compose extraordinary gospel songs, i have a musical group of 6 in church, 4 females and 2 males, we perform occasionally, and we've planned on moving it to the next level (Recording).
Of late i find myself pitching tent with gospel, i rarely rehearse my circular songs, tho i've recording like 4 seculars.
Now the my confusion lies here, i have been receiving this particular prophesy from prophets about my commitment to God's works. I was told by these different prophets to take the works of God so serious and leave some certain way of life, so i can live long and excel beyond human imaginations.
I'm a choir/music director in my church, i go to church every sunday, i go to bible classes when sometimes, i have a gospel music group in church, i go for mid-week prayers, i pay my tithe and i sow seeds, and i'm determined to pour myself entirely to God.
Please i want to know if this prophesy has to do with my secular music, because if i'm forced to leave circular music today, i wont in any way feel complete, i do gospel and secular altogether, i dont want to leave either of them for the other, how do i cope with secular music and God's works? HELP!

Good afternoon

I would HIGHLY PROPOSE you PRIORITIZE GOSPEL. Afterall who do YOU want to SERVE?

God or the WORLD?

Cherlene

1 Like

Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by AdeniyiA(m): 3:23pm On May 10, 2015
The level of love you have for money would determine which you'd switch to ..
Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by WisdomCanada(m): 4:49pm On May 10, 2015
AdeniyiA:
The level of love you have for money would determine which you'd switch to ..
it is not all about money bro, it is about where my heart lies.
Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by Hiswordxray(m): 5:41pm On May 10, 2015
WisdomCanada:
it is not all about money bro, it is about where my heart lies.
My dear, I'm not saying this to criticize you but from what I have read it tells me you know very little about Christ. God is not an author of confusion.
Your problem is not genre of music but you have serious issues with you Christian life.

You need to know your God, draw closer to Him and all other problem will be solved.

Life is not about doing what your heart tells you, following your dreams or using your talent.

Life is all about Christ, your God, your Creator. In Him you would find true joy, satisfaction and fulfillment.
Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by Paulscholari(m): 5:48pm On May 10, 2015
You don't need to be confused chose your path they both lie ahead of you and both lead to somewhere... How will you feel and you get to heaven after being a secular music and the Lord says your service are not needed here... I was like you and wanted to go for the secular until i was taken into a vision of two roads in which the one i was about to take was filled with darkness... Then i turn myself back to gospel music.
Re: I'm Stuck Between Doing Gospel Or secular Music. by tafrica(m): 7:07am On May 11, 2015
Try and modify your songs such that they easily blend with different kinds of people, regardless of their religious allegiances.
Timi Dakolo, Cobhams etc are well respected singers whose songs can be listened to by anyone.
My Opinion.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Before Islam Medina Was Originally A Jewish City / What Is Quran (koran)? Facts About Quran / The Evil Born Again Christians Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.