Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

***whispers From Behind - A Short Story By Dyoungstar*** - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / ***whispers From Behind - A Short Story By Dyoungstar*** (1162 Views)

A New Creation. (A Story By Donkross1 And Oyinprince) / Pleasure And Pain - A Short Story / Whispers On Christmas Night (horror) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

***whispers From Behind - A Short Story By Dyoungstar*** by Dyoungstar: 7:11am On May 10, 2015
TITLE: WHISPERS FROM BEHIND – short story.
CASTS:
RICHARD – A petite young business man, 28 years of age, straight to man and always looking mean, serious and unfriendly. Single but married to a young damsel ‘Amanda’, lives with his parents; he inherited his father’s business empire.

AMANDA – A beautiful lady of 30 years, a graduate, single but married to Richard.

DORIS – An elderly woman, fair skinned, 45 years of age; the mother of Richard and owns one of the biggest and richest boutique in town.

CHIEF NDUKA – A philanthropist and business mogul, has passion for children; he is the father foster father of Richard.

DOCTOR RITA – Richards’ old time friend and secondary school mate, holds a master’s degree in medicine and surgery.

JANE – A young girl of 23 years of age, serving as a house help in chief Ndukas’ home.

DANIEL – Richard’s driver, he is 27 years old and holds a HND certificate in Electrical Electronics.

BEN – Richard’s security and gatekeeper, he has a bachelor’s degree in applied mathematics.

BARRISTER ADIM – A 49 year old man and a practicing barrister for 20 years and counting.

NURSE – A middle aged woman and a practicing nurse, the mother of Amanda.

WALE – A 28 year old man, yet to marry. The secretary of SYNERGY GROUP OF COMPANIES LIMITED.

JULI – A 46 year old woman, chocolate in color, the mother of Rita.

ATTENDANT – A young girl of 22 years, hustling to make ends meet and solve her academic challenges; Doris sales girl.

POLICE – 3 Police men

SCENE 1:
LIVING ROOM INTERIOR - NIGHT
Monday – 10:29pm
AMANDA:
(Sleeping on the couch in the living room waiting for her supposed husband to return from work)

DORIS:
(Walks down the staircase to the living room, finds Amanda sleeping on the couch)
My dear, why are you still down here? It’s late, go to bed. (She taps Amanda on the arm, jolting her from her rest)

AMANDA:
Mum I can’t go to bed while my husband is still out there. I can’t sleep; my mind is not at rest.

DORIS:
My dear go to bed, your husband is fine; this is not his first time and will not be his last, go to bed okay.

DOOR BELL:
Interrupts their discussion

DORIS:
He is back

JANE:
(Runs to open the door for him)
Welcome sir
(She gestures to collect his bag but he rebuffed her)

RICHARD:
(Walks into the living room)

AMANDA:
Welcome my darling
(She walks towards Richard who was heading to the staircase, ignoring both women)

DORIS:
Richard (she calls)

RICHARD:
(Turns to face DORIS his mother and Amanda who stood transfixed)

DORIS:
What is wrong with you Richard? Have you lost your manners suddenly? (Furious)

RICHARD:
Good evening (he walks up the stairs again)

DORIS:
Won’t you respond to your wife’s greeting?

RICHARD:
Woman I guess you know I am tired and needs rest, I don’t have time for pleasantries and frivolities
(He continued walking up the stairs)

AMANDA:
(Stands transfixed and gloomy)

DORIS:
(Walks to Amanda)
My dear don’t worry okay, never allow his actions get to you; he will come to his senses soon. He is my son, I know him more than he knows himself. Be strong okay.

AMANDA:
Okay ma (she wipes her tears)

FADE OUT…

SCENE 2
RICHARDS’ ROOM INTERIOR - DAY
8:22am

(Richard dresses for work, Amanda walks in from the entrance carrying tray with tea breakfast in it)

AMANDA:
Honey your breakfast is here
(She walks close to help him fix his tie)

RICHARD:
Don’t touch that

AMANDA:
(Jerks and withdraws from picking the tie, she stands still and watch him dress)

RICHARD:
(Picks his phone and dials… on speaker mode)
Is it ready?

JANE:
Yes sir, but madam has come to carry it

RICHARD:
Are you alright? Get me another one immediately

JANE:
Yes sir, but I have to boil another water sir

RICHARD:
Bring it cold (he hangs up)

AMANDA:
I brought you your breakfast honey

RICHARD:
(Pays deaf ears and continues to wear his shoes)

JANE:
(Knocks on the door)

RICHARD:
Come in

JANE:
(Walks in with another tea tray wearing bum short)

AMANDA:
(Angry)
What is that you are carrying?

JANE:
Tea ma

AMANDA:
For what?

JANE:
Oga asked me to bring it

AMANDA:
Is that why you dressed like this into our bedroom?

RICHARD:
(Busy packing his documents into his briefcase)

JANE:
Sorry ma

AMANDA:
(Hisses and faces Richard)

JANE:
(Drops the tea and leaves)

RICHARD:
Thank you

AMANDA:
Baby what did I do to you to deserve this punishment? Why do you hate me so much?

RICHARD:
(Silent and eats his breakfast)

AMANDA:
Since you hated me this much why did you marry me?

RICHARD:
(Angry)
Did I marry you?

AMANDA:
(Surprised)

RICHARD:
I warned you never to talk to me again but you want to see what I will do to you right?
For the last time don’t ever talk to me again, if you feel uncomfortable around here you know the way to your mother’s house, and for the records we are not married; I didn’t marry you, I don’t want a prostitute for a wife, get that.

AMANDA:
(Dumb)

RICHARD:
(Stands and picks his bag and leaves for work)

AMANDA:
(Sobs bitterly)

SCENE 3
CAR INTERIOR - DAY

RICHARD:
(In his car as Daniel his driver drives out of the compound, he remembers he didn’t collect his phone)
Stop the car

DANIEL:
(Stops the car)

RICHARD:
(Alights and walks into the house using the pedestrian gate)

CUT TO…

SCENE 4
RICHARDS’ ROOM INTERIOR - DAY

DORIS:
Why are you crying?

AMANDA:
I am tired of this marriage joke, the plan is not working can’t you see? I am quitting (sobs)

DORIS:
You can’t quit now, we are not through with the plan yet; we are in it together, keep trying okay.

AMANDA:
I have tried all the best I could ma, I want to go.

DORIS:
It’s okay, you are going nowhere; stop crying
(She turns to find Richard standing by the door, she was shocked)
When did you enter this room?

RICHARD:
(Walks straight to the table and picks his phone and without a word leaves)

SCENE 4
CAR INTERIRO - DAY

RICHARD:
(Returns back to car)
You will bring me back by 3pm don’t forget

DANIEL:
Okay sir.

CUT TO…

SCENE 5
EXTERIOR - DAY
12:42PM

(Same day – a taxi halts at the front gate of Richards house, Richard alights and pays the driver and walks to the pedestrian gate and knocks)

BEN:
Who is that? I am coming.
(Ben opens the gate to find his boss standing outside)
Welcome sir
(He goes to collect his bag)

RICHARD:
Don’t worry

Follow this link to read all ASAP

https://www.nairaland.com/2305085/whispers-behind-short-story-dyoungstar

(1) (Reply)

The Princess Of Sanda Land / Let's Reason On This True Life Story Together; Story Title: BETRAYAL / I Am Poe-tree (tree-like Structure)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.