Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,520 members, 7,812,612 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:13 PM

Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? (28627 Views)

Stephanie Otobo Turns Born Again After Apostle Suleman's Saga: "This Is New Me" / Should A Man Who Is A Born-Again Christian Be A Gynaecologist? / Is It Right For A Christian To Eat The Moslem Ram During This Celebration? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by domopps(m): 6:59pm On May 10, 2015
The problem I have with Nigerians is that we over flog issues! Are you saying there is no xtians in Nigerian Breweries, British American Tobacco company, good hotels businesses, and whichever company that's manufacturing condom that generates huge taxes and revenues for both state and fed govnmt ! But we attach so many things to Christianity

Since nothing stops me from paying the tithe to the church, so why will i even think of not working with multi national companies in the first place !

Please lets get our thinking right and move on with good things of life! Enough of African mentality

Cheeeeeeers

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by nosike3(m): 7:01pm On May 10, 2015
drnairalov:

abeg u fit send me the charger
confident thief!!! That's exactly what we need in this country..
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by MNPviol(m): 7:04pm On May 10, 2015
Reminds me of the hymn: "THE GREAT JUDGEMENT MORNING" By Bertram H. Shadduck.
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by sniperwolf(m): 7:15pm On May 10, 2015
arshavineering:
with the high rate and level of unemployment, is it good for a born again spirit filled Christian to work in any of the following industries??
a. Alcohol/ Beer industry
b. Cigarette industry
c. Condom industry
d. Guest house/ Hotel

I see nothing wrong if a born-again christian works in any of the mentioned places
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by Reference(m): 7:25pm On May 10, 2015
The simple answer to the first two is no. The condom and hotel industry is less clear cut. This is according to the law. But we donot live according to the law but by grace and this is manifest in the 'leading of God'.

'The Lord is my Shepherd (thus) I shall not 'be found wanting'....Though I walk through (it has a beginning and an end)... I shall fear no evil. For though art with me....'

And anyone who is familiar with God's leading knows that at some stage in life's journey you may find yourself in places you never expected not by your will but by the Will of He who called you according to His grace and mercy.

The key here is to be led. Make sure you are not going anywhere (even the safest of places) without the express permission of God. My walk with Him has made me understand a few things about Him. He absolutely takes delight in confounding us, in making those things we rely on, those things we think we are and have attained of no effect so that His grace will shine through and the glory goes to Him alone.

I have never smoked a cigarette in my life, neither do I know what alcohol tastes like but I will never tell that to God lest I find myself working there for a season. Folks, your relationship with God is the most important not these mundane, temporary things.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by ewizard1: 7:26pm On May 10, 2015
Stupid questions on Nairaland!!!
#Mtchew
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by ralph28(m): 7:38pm On May 10, 2015
For me,the answer is No,No,No,No.

When you preach don't drink,don't smoke,don't fornication no one will tell you but you produce or sell them.
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by fidelix: 7:45pm On May 10, 2015
rattlesnake:
Is it right for a born again Christian to open yeye thread

yeye trend yet it appear in front paga, do u mean seun is yeye
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by tayoccu(m): 7:51pm On May 10, 2015
arshavineering:
with the high rate and level of unemployment, is it good for a born again spirit filled Christian to work in any of the following industries??
b. Cigarette industry
c. Condom industry
d. Guest house/ Hotel

a: alcohol? depends on the kind of alcohol, if its the type people drink (beer, whiskey etc) No, but if its alcohol in the form of methylated spirit etc, Yes.
b. cigarette industry? No
c. condom industry? yes, why you may ask? the use of condoms is not synonymous with infidelity.
d. guest house/ hotel? yes, as long as his assigned duty do not contradict his faith. please note hotel isn't synonymous with brothel.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by tayoccu(m): 7:55pm On May 10, 2015
but yet again almost all the breweries have a malt brand, so I believe a born again Christian can work in a brewery, as long as he works under the malt brand.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by nobul(m): 8:00pm On May 10, 2015
Yes
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 10, 2015
is it good for a born-again -spirit -filled to depend on the 'world system '?
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by JayJustus(m): 8:39pm On May 10, 2015
hotel I study hospitality management...what's there to work in a hotel?? y'll must be high on cheap Ghanaian weed...alcohol show me where in the Bible it said alcohol is a sin wait but doing it to lead others to sin is...but drinking alcohol or working in an alcoholic beverage company is not....be turning Bible upside down...on the judgment day we'd all be perplexed...
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by onelife97: 9:25pm On May 10, 2015
When beta hunger catch spirit-filled bornagain(st),im go work for brothel.
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by MeandSum: 9:26pm On May 10, 2015
shakazuldadon:
yes
yes
no
yes/no

comment to first the I am?

that's interesting! what do you think god has against condom?
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by MeandSum: 9:41pm On May 10, 2015
fidelix:

yeye trend yet it appear in front paga, do u mean seun is yeye

Stop sucking up to Seun! because it appeared on the front page doesn't make it good. This forum is going to the dog... and the downward spiral of the topics that makes the front page is quite disgusting. How else would you explain post like "look at what he gave his wife" or worse ... maggot found in someones....?

It's as if you're all 14 years old and in early puberty - please engage your brain. let's make the community a better place where people can learn something good and entrench or engage ourselves in backward topics.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by chigoizie7(m): 9:59pm On May 10, 2015
arshavineering:
na only God go help person for this condition..if u can work in a cigarette industry, what stops u from working in a condom industry? ?? Afterall its not like na u wan use am na

Nd were in the bible did it forbid smoking of cigarette,!?
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by femzysticks(m): 10:08pm On May 10, 2015
Isiterere:
Is it right for born again to use the infrastructure(road,hospital,school etc) government provide from the tax collected from the listed company?

ALL IZZ WELL

bros, your head dey house

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by lampardizik(m): 10:40pm On May 10, 2015
arshavineering:
b. Cigarette industry
c. Condom industry
d. Guest house/ Hotel

Born Again Spirit Filled Christians will choose where they want work because they have that much authority in this world...so it really is up to the person
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by lampardizik(m): 10:52pm On May 10, 2015
domopps:
The problem I have with Nigerians is that we over flog issues!

Please lets get our thinking right and move on with good things of life! Enough of African mentality

Cheeeeeeers

See bro it has nothing to do with over flogging anything and its not only an African thing,see my Pastor once said something. He said "Religion is what man does to please God,Christianity is what God did for man" there's a clear difference between the two
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by juryjay(f): 11:19pm On May 10, 2015
undecided undecided, was that question necessary?
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by STEVENcrack(m): 11:30pm On May 10, 2015
IT IS VERY WRONG FOR A CHRISTIAN TO WORK IN ANY OF D AFOREMENTIONED.
That's the truth. Not everybody likes d truth. Trust me
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by ben08: 11:52pm On May 10, 2015
Donbrig:
It is not right for a truly born again Christian to work in any of these places, excluding "Guest Houses/Hotels. But how many true born again Christian do we have in Nigeria today? Also considering the high level of unemployment, Nigerians don't just have a choice for now.
why not become a true born again christain urself
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by Abdstrakt(m): 12:15am On May 11, 2015
Christian,
true Christian,
born again Christian, true born again Christian
born again-spirit - filled Christian, true born again spirit filled Christian.
whats all this nau?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by mystery1979: 9:19am On May 11, 2015
most times I wonder why Nigerians practice religion instead of christainity,if I am a mechanical engr,accountant and so on,i should not work in this places because I am a born again,na wa for Nigerians,most of us don't know that the substance injected in our system during operation that makes one not to feel pain is cocaine,we also forget that alcohol is the best conservative substance in the world,and it is present in almost all the medicine.what do u think makes u dizzy when u take malaria drug,abeg we better wake up

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by NumberOne2(m): 10:53am On May 11, 2015
arshavineering:
b. Cigarette industry
c. Condom industry
d. Guest house/ Hotel

If you are spirit filled, why not ask the Holy Spirit?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by Nagazagi7: 11:15am On May 11, 2015
No be born again Una talk? Them fit work anywhere, after all no be d money u dey work for
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by Mariojane(f): 12:42pm On May 11, 2015
arshavineering:
b. Cigarette industry
c. Condom industry
d. Guest house/ Hotel
define bornagain and i will know the right answer to give
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by simdam500(m): 2:08pm On May 11, 2015
Yes to all....

Make sure u bring 10% of your heavy savings to church undecided
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by ray48: 5:02pm On May 11, 2015
Yes for A, B & C and No for D
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by rotwailler(m): 8:14am On May 12, 2015
The born again go spoil the biz ooo
Re: Is It Right For A Born Again Spirit Filled Christian To Work In These Places?? by tankoy: 5:46pm On Jul 11, 2015
missKiffy:
I don't see anything wrong in a born again person working in an hotel, it's all because the essence of an hotel is being misused by people but for the other three it's best such a person stay away.

I agree

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To The Killing Of Worshipers In Catholic Church In Anambra / Prophet Charges N40,000 For Deliverance On OLX In Ibadan (Photo) / Samuel Kelechi Eze, Polygamous Bishop Of Anglican Church In Akwete Abia- 2 Wives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.