Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu (62703 Views)

"Olodo Governor That Can't Pay Salary" Senator Dino Melaye Lambasts Yahaya Bello / You’re Now Wiser After Leaving Office, Obasanjo Tells Jonathan / GEJ Makes His First Public Outing Since Leaving Office (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by PassingShot(m): 3:24pm On May 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

And it is in the name of these developmental projects that monumental fraud and looting of treasury is undertaken...hence, a fashola will claim he's embarking on development project to award a kilometer road for 1billion naira just like an oshiomole, etc...A fashola will borrow $1billion for a project that has exceeded its delivery date by years and the interest of debt and debt itself is accumulating for the state...He will take a $90million loan for primary education but pupils still sit under trees to learn while he goes round inaugurating private schools....A Rochas will borrow till he's banned by CBN to stop borrowing because his state isn't credit worthy again and he's owing salaries for 13months but neighboring state of Anambra has no debt with better infrastructure in all sectors....So what's the loan used for if not looted by them Fashola will tell you because Lagos is viable and credit worthy hence its an open cheque for them to borrow and mortgage the future of their different states...Why is an Obiano of Anambra state increasing salaries with prompt payment at same time that Rochas, Aregbesola is shifting blames to Jonathan and inventing excuses for nonpayment
Whatever you're saying is another story entirely because not everyone who takes loan end up looting it.

There are many economies out there who have used loans to benefit their citizenry. And I am not here to defend any of those guys you keep mentioning at all.

Besides, whatever you're saying now could have been useful during the last campaign.
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 3:33pm On May 10, 2015
PassingShot:

Whatever you're saying is another story entirely because not everyone who takes loan end up looting it.

There are many economies out there who have used loans to benefit their citizenry. And I am not here to defend any of those guys you keep mentioning at all.

Besides, whatever you're saying now could have been useful during the last campaign.

Loan isn't bad if used rightly but I only showed you a little of how the "progressives" used/uses their loans and grants...but they are seen as saints because they are in APC...

Even if used during campaign; partisan folks like you won't change their minds because it is not about good governance but party system to you...but we MUST keep reminding you of the enormity of your uninformed decisions...

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by usmanniya(m): 3:41pm On May 10, 2015
Shema also didn't inherit any debt from Late Shehu Yaradua

2 Likes

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by PassingShot(m): 3:42pm On May 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Loan isn't bad if used rightly but I only showed you a little of how the "progressives" used/uses their loans and grants...but they are seen as saints because they are in APC...

Even if used during campaign; partisan folks like you won't change their minds because it is not about good governance but party system to you...but we MUST keep reminding you of the enormity of your uninformed decisions...

Honestly you've succeeded in derailing this thread. I'm bored already.

Bye, bye.

1 Like

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by obayaya(m): 3:47pm On May 10, 2015
When I said it last year that I will rate the likes of Sule Lamido and Shema over Fashola, APC folks kept arguing

https://www.nairaland.com/2023792/inside-bola-tinubus-private-jet/4#28518690#28518690

pendy179:

Mention one state governor who can be liken to him performance wise. Any one infact join two states together and compare Fashola with them.

Fashola allow Tinubu loot the state and you know through? Any concrete evidence or still tales by moonlight you read or were told.

JonaTAN is the best to you because mediocrity and clear ethnic and religious bias is your ground for comparison. Don't want to drag or counter that opinion, if you believe he is the best to you, he is the worst to me. Our modality for comparing I guess differ.

To judge performance effectively, you'll have to compare resources at the governors' disposal to what they've been able to achieve. Do this and see Fashola fall behind the likes of Sule lamido of Jigawa and Ibrahim Shema of Kastina.

Well, if only Fashola agreed to pass the FOI bill in Lagos state, we won't be faced with this scarcity of evidence. I think you should ask mr Fashola what he's hiding. And moreover my argument was based on the premises in your post I quoted.

The argument isn't if he's best for me or not. The question is

Are you willing to ignore the "corruption" you always accuse him of encouraging because he's doing better than our past presidents the way you were willing to ignore the allegations that Tinubu is looting Lagos state just because Fashola according to you is performing better than other governors?

Afterall what's good for the goose is also good for the gander

2 Likes

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by Sweetguy25: 4:42pm On May 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

It is because we have seen Peter Obi of Anambra state do same in his state...its all about sincerity, accountability, transparency and service to the people...

It is possible If the expenditures of the state were constant, which implies stagnation and underdevelopment.

1 Like

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by dre11(m): 4:51pm On May 10, 2015
That's quite impressive of him
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by stelaar(m): 5:06pm On May 10, 2015
Impressive, I watched his interview on channels yesterday and I just had so much respect for him.

1. He doesn't approve a contract till he has funds to finance it.
2. He awards the contract and gives 40%, the remaining 60% is fixed into treasury bill till the project is completed.
3. He made over 10billion from treasury bills that helped to execute projects.
4. He has invested so much in solar power generation with the Chinese, japanese, germany and American govt
5. If the new govt completes his project...katsina would be the new found glory of the north west.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by AWONEYAN(m): 5:51pm On May 10, 2015
Kastina is blessed with selfless and prudent leaders....yaradua,Shema and now GMB
Sai Baba

1 Like

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by Whynotthetruth(m): 5:54pm On May 10, 2015
Sweetguy25:

It is possible If the expenditures of the state were constant, which implies stagnation and underdevelopment.

Not true...I gave you a practical example in Anambra state which has been a huge construction site for years now and was adjudged to have the best network of roads by Fed Ministry of Works under Peter Obi governorship with massive investment in education which is evidenced in the performance of its PUBLIC schools in external examinations and competitions(Today, parents are withdrawing their wards from private schools to enrol them in public schools); health care was improved; as in all sectors were transformed with NO DEBT but more savings of over 75billion. Currently, Obiano is doing well and hasn't borrowed too but rather increase salaries of workers by 15% more with prompt payment notwithstanding the so-called reduced allocation from federal government...

It's possible boss but unfortunately, our politicians loot us dry and make management of resources seem like rocket science to us...Any sincere government can work without debts and yet achieve unprecedented results...

Note that Imo state allocation is FAR MORE than that of Anambra state with special agencies like NNDC etc having interventionists schemes there but they have been declared not to be credit worthy by CBN and banned from further borrowing...Do they have more development projects and workers than their neighbors Anambra state...No...so what's the huge debt for?...looted and stolen....

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by seedorfg(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2015
shocked
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by kilokeys(m): 8:48pm On May 10, 2015
hahahahahaha... he is like the dude with one talent in the bible..

what did he do for kastina.. ?. no debts, no projects, no improvements.. so whats d big ish?
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by phransix147(m): 8:49pm On May 10, 2015
I think dats a trend in Katsina... I remember Yar'adua... There seems to be a lot of honest people in Katsina

7 Likes

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by kindnyce(m): 8:51pm On May 10, 2015
THat LOOSER OF A GUY RIBADU SHOULD STFU

HE HAD THE OPPORTUNITY TO STAY WITH THE PROGRESSIVES AND HELP HIS ADAMAWA PEEPS,RATHER HE OPTED FOR THE PDP,NOW HE IS SEEKING RELEVENCE
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by aieromon(m): 8:52pm On May 10, 2015
Katsina governors have never failed their people.
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by isacolukay(m): 8:53pm On May 10, 2015
Whynotthetruth:

Unfortunately the so-called "unknown" governors are the sincere and performing ones all over the federation while the "known" ones are the liars, propagandists, looters and power mongers who shift responsibilities and invent excuses

No be unknown Governor like Kogi state governor sha.
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by richidinho(m): 8:54pm On May 10, 2015
stinggy:

While the same can't be said about your GEJ!

I fail to see how GEJ even produced Shema, can you shed more light?

Do u guyz even understand simple English?

Why mase yourself up because you saw GEJ

1 Like

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by cyprus000: 8:54pm On May 10, 2015
It is not a question of not having outstanding debt,its a question of "did he work during his administration"
And what are those achievmnt,cos last tym he was hosted on BBC(hard talk).
Stephen sakure brought out his work file and it was nothing to write home about.

** MEANWHILE**

[size=15pt]after my undercover research,on who best fit the MISS NAIRALAND position.[/size]
[size=13pt]I have come to realiz that SANDRAHNAUB is the best candidate and is now our choice.[/size]
[size=13pt]this is a girl who possesses all qualities.
A lady ought to have and has proven it,beyond reasonable doubt.
[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]INTELLIGENCE[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]MANNER'S[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]DIPLOMAT[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]BEAUTY[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]LEADERSHIP WITH HUMILITY[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]HUMOUR[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]RESPECT[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]MISS NAIRALAND(SANDRAHNAUB)[/size]

[size=15pt]seeing the PDP(people deceive people) and APC(aproko people's congress) going on in this contest...na joke oo!grincheesy

Due to my selfless service to humanity and my enviroment.
I have decided to project TRANSPERENCY,ACCOUNTABILITY,INTELLIG.ENCE
,HUMOUR,BEAUT.Y e.t.c
Viod of FAVOURITISM,ETHNICITY,MARGINALIZAT.ION and DISCRIMIMAT.ION.
which has been playing out,in the campaign.
[/size]

[size=15pt]I THE CAMPAIGN MANAGER[/size]

[size=15pt]*** odguefi ome' nora 1(one) of nairaland.representing enugu east constituency.**[/size]
[size=15pt]call opun all agent of change and transformation,to look beyond all sentiments and VOTE SANDRAHNAUB[the vioce of the people) for miss nairaland[/size]

[size=13pt]your PVC(keypad) is your power,do not let them rig you of your opinion.[/size]

>>www.nairaland.com/sandrahnaub

[size=13pt]Signed:[/size][size=15pt]MANAGEMENT[/size]

www.nairaland.com/sandrahnaub

1 Like 10 Shares

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by nduchucks: 8:54pm On May 10, 2015
I'm not too sure that the kudos are in order. Shema must not have any major ongoing infrastructural projects - these kinds typically require some level of reasonable debt. Shema may not have been a very creative Governor.

1 Like

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by Moreena(f): 8:54pm On May 10, 2015
Jonah Jang of plateau,Gabriel suswam of Benue,and Rochas okorocha una dey see wetin ur mates dey do abi in fact may God have mercy on you all
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by shammah1(m): 8:56pm On May 10, 2015
FCT? Nawa for you o. When FTC turn to abuja? Abi u too no get certificate?

1 Like

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 10, 2015
how much development did he contribute to the state.
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by Roon9(m): 8:56pm On May 10, 2015
Na lie oooo! Wat of our Nysc state allowee
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by mytime24(f): 8:56pm On May 10, 2015
Issoki
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by redcliff: 8:57pm On May 10, 2015
PassingShot:
Good one there by Shema.

As it's important and commendable not to leave behind a huge bag of liabilities for your successor, it's equally important to know how much development you brought to your state.

We need to know the following:

How many industries did you start and finish.

Provision of low cost housing for the citizens.

Improvement in the literacy level of the state.

Provision of portable water, good roads and other infrastructures all go a long way in determining your performance in office.

Who is youe house boy or girl? If you want to find out pack your luggage and go to The state and gather the info yourself from the office of the governor...

1 Like

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by anwe: 8:59pm On May 10, 2015
Congratulations !

Other gov should hear this especially South South or Niger Delta Governors.

This is a man with conscience & posterity will judge him wella.
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by Mbkite(m): 9:02pm On May 10, 2015
katsina seems to have a lot of good people. Yar'adua. Buhari, Shema
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by mbulela: 9:04pm On May 10, 2015
PassingShot:
Good one there by Shema.

As it's important and commendable not to leave behind a huge bag of liabilities for your successor, it's equally important to know how much development you brought to your state.

We need to know the following:

How many industries did you start and finish.

Provision of low cost housing for the citizens.

Improvement in the literacy level of the state.

Provision of portable water, good roads and other infrastructures all go a long way in determining your performance in office.
It is not govt's job to start or finish industries.
All that is needed is for government to provide an enabling environment for such to thrive.
Your other indices are in order.
Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by Strongfaze(m): 9:05pm On May 10, 2015
Shema well done. # Buhari my role model, Mayweather my bodyguard!#

1 Like

Re: Shema Is The Only Governor That Will Be Leaving Office Without Debt – Ribadu by mbulela: 9:06pm On May 10, 2015
kilokeys:
hahahahahaha... he is like the dude with one talent in the bible..

what did he do for kastina.. ?. no debts, no projects, no improvements.. so whats d big ish?
Hahahahaha.
Things have gotten so bad that paying salaries makes you a role model in the NGF.
Amaechi had not paid most workers for March and April.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aminu Dantata Came Out For Asiwaju Tinubu (Pictures) / Donald Duke ''Staring'' At Omotola At Ben-Bruce's 60th Birthday (photo) / Peter Obi Portrait Being Drawn at Arroma Flyover, Awka By Gov Soludo(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.