Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,045 members, 7,859,745 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 05:55 PM

APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. (1971 Views)

Okorocha, Tinubu Set To Clash Over Ministerial Nomination / PDP Governors Set To Form A New Party - Peoplesdailyng.com / Jonathan & Buhari Set To Clash Over Proposed May 28 Handover Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 10, 2015
The All Progressives Congress (APC) governors forum might be heading for a show-down with President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari, as the retired General, has rejected the governors and their newly elected counterparts’ plans to submit names of their preferred candidates, to be considered and possibly picked as ministers in the cabinet of the incoming administration.

The Progressives Governors Forum as the governors are popularly called, visited Buhari four days ago in Abujato pledge their unalloyed loyalty to the President-elect. Led by Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State, they also used the opportunity to table some of their demands to Buhari.

At the meeting, the governors requested to drop the list of possible ministers with Buhari, but their request was rebuffed by the President-elect who reminded them that the Constitution does not compel him to take a list of ministerial nominees from them.

The president-elect also refused to accept the request for a bailout for the states that have been unable to pay their workers salaries, with a source saying the General rejected the proposal. He told them that he was aware the Federal Government was not owing the states their allocations.

The source close to the discussion told the Nigerian Tribune that Buhari told the governors that those of them in their second terms do not have any excuse about the state of government finances, as they have all been collecting allocations from the Federal Government

The source said:“The governors practically went out of the visit with their tails between their legs. The General first threw aside the request that he grant bailout to the states. He told them that the governors going for second term in office cannot complain about the state of the economy, having collected all their allocations to date from the Federal Government. He ruled out the possibility of bailout.

“The General was also very unequivocal when he was told that the governors want to submit a ministerial list to him. He clearly said he cannot go into that discussion. He insisted that the Constitution does not mandate him to collect such list from the governors and that the state chief executives should concentrate on sourcing good materials that would help them run the states adequately.”

The source quoted Buhari as saying that“I do not think we can discuss that issue of Ministerial list. The Constitution clearly does not mandate me to take a list from the governors. To me, the governors should concentrate on getting good hands to help them in discharging their duties in the states.”

Among those who visited Buhari were Kwara State Governor, AbdulFatah Ahmed ,Osun State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, his Borno State counterpart, Alhaji Kashim Shettima, Kaduna State governor-elect, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, Sokoto State governor-elect and current Speaker of the House of Representatives, Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, Nassarawa State governor, Alhaji Tanko Al-Makura and Kano State governor-elect, Alhaji Usman Ganduje

Meanwhile, Senator-elect and Chairman of Silverbird Group, Ben Murray-Bruce recently stated that Buhari will soon wish he had not won the presidential election if he does not take serious measures to improve Nigeria’s economy.

http://www.naij.com/436109-shock-as-buhari-rejects-apc-governors-ministerial-list.html

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by DIIGZ(m): 2:39pm On May 10, 2015
Easy does it well! Easy the leaders
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by MisterALEX(m): 2:42pm On May 10, 2015
ds issue is gettn messier day by day!IN GMB we trust though..
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Tolexander: 2:47pm On May 10, 2015
The president-elect also refused to accept the
request for a bailout for the states that have
been unable to pay their workers salaries, with a
source saying the General rejected the proposal.
He told them that he was aware the Federal
Government was not owing the states their
allocations.
The source close to the discussion told the
Nigerian Tribune that Buhari told the governors
that those of them in their second terms do not
have any excuse about the state of government
finances, as they have all been collecting
allocations from the Federal Government
and some people are here being scammed by Osun State Governor that the FG has refused to release the allocation to the state

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by bola555(f): 2:50pm On May 10, 2015
They want to teach baba their nepotical way of doing things.

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Tolexander: 2:51pm On May 10, 2015
At the meeting, the governors requested to drop
the list of possible ministers with Buhari, but their
request was rebuffed by the President-elect who
reminded them that the Constitution does not
compel him to take a list of ministerial nominees
from them.
This is one of the mediocrities PDP has introduced into our Democratic system.

This is exactly how Rotimi Amechi nominated Nyesom Wike for the ministerial post under GEJ's administration. The rest is a story!

3 Likes

Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Nobody: 2:54pm On May 10, 2015
Tolexander:
This is one of the mediocrities PDP has introduced into our Democratic system
GEJ almost killed Nigeria, but we'll survive
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Nobody: 2:58pm On May 10, 2015
Thieves want to nominate ministers after choosing their commissioners themselves, Bloody donkeys what then does the president get?

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 10, 2015
Bluestarry:
GEJ almost killed Nigeria, but we'll survive

Baba Blue where hv u been since all dis day na?
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 10, 2015
adeh39:

Baba Blue where hv u been since all dis day na?
chisos!!! Adeh is this you? Iyaf te o.... I've been around though... How you?
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 10, 2015
Bluestarry:
chisos!!! Adeh is this you? Iyaf te o.... I've been around though... How you?

Around ke?........ I've been looking 4 u na, m fine o, y u no dey come online again 4 whatsapp?
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 10, 2015
adeh39:

Around ke?........ I've been looking 4 u na, m fine o, y u no dey come online again 4 whatsapp?
i bin the ghostmode na, why you for see me grin since he left the group, it became boring na so i shunned it for a while.
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Nobody: 3:33pm On May 10, 2015
Bluestarry:
i bin the ghostmode na, why you for see me grin since he left the group, it became boring na so i shunned it for a while.

Ehen......., I dey chat wit u 4 backyard too, d msg no enter.
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by ZKOSOSO(m): 4:49pm On May 10, 2015
Why are all the Govs on list the muslims except Mallam Rilwan okorocha?
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by AONO: 5:10pm On May 10, 2015
God don catch them (olorun mu won) they must suffer it
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by ruggedboy01: 5:18pm On May 10, 2015
Let them clash to pieces angry sad
Nonsense embarassed
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by GBTYO: 5:24pm On May 10, 2015
As if I know say Aregbrascal the odenni rauf oni gbese himself will be there cap in hand

Buhari is telling you to plant cocoa

Come oh, I come dey take style like this Buhari small small with this move

Sai Buhari

Change dole!
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by BlackTechnology: 5:28pm On May 10, 2015
GBTYO:
As if I know say Aregbrascal the odenni rauf oni gbese himself will be there cap in hand

Buhari is telling you to plant cocoa

Come oh, I come dey take style like this Buhari small small with this move

Sai Buhari

Change dole!

If Buhari continues like this, I go beg Jonathan to allow me join Buhari to finish these criminals forming change

Buhari

Prove us wrong that you are not

BABA ONE CHANCE

BABA HYPOCRITE

BABA MAGICIAN

Prove us wrong by probing

Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku Rochas Amaechi

Prove us wrong by probing the corrupt Federal Civil Servant which is dominated by Tinubu's people

Sir

Tinubu's people voted you because they believe they can steal the oil wealth and presidency through you

They believe Tinubu through Osinbajo can control your government the way Idiagbon did

Sir

They do not believe in change because if they do, they would have voted you in 2007 and 2011

Remember that you are a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio

WISE UP wink wink wink cool

4 Likes

Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 10, 2015
BlackTechnology:

If Buhari continues like this, I go beg Jonathan to allow me join Buhari to finish these criminals forming change

Buhari

Prove us wrong that you are not

BABA ONE CHANCE

BABA HYPOCRITE

BABA MAGICIAN

Prove us wrong by probing

Tinubu OBJ Saraki Atiku Rochas Amaechi

Prove us wrong by probing the corrupt Federal Civil Servant which is dominated by Tinubu's people

Sir

Tinubu's people voted you because they believe they can steal the oil wealth and presidency through you

They believe Tinubu through Osinbajo can control your government the way Idiagbon did

Sir

They do not believe in change because if they do, they would have voted you in 2007 and 2011

Remember that you are a descendant of Usman Dan Fodio

WISE UP wink wink wink cool
lets just keep calm and see how he handles the tragedical situation of Nigeria and how he deals with tinubu, OBJ etc
Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by BlackTechnology: 6:05pm On May 10, 2015
Bluestarry:
lets just keep calm and see how he handles the tragedical situation of Nigeria and how he deals with tinubu, OBJ etc

Lets keep reminding him

Tinubu OBJ Saraki etc must be purge out of government. cool

1 Like

Re: APC Governors Set To Clash With Buhari, As He Regects Ministerial Lists. by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 10, 2015
BlackTechnology:

Lets keep reminding him

Tinubu OBJ Saraki etc must be purge out of government. cool
the steps he's taking seems the right ones, am keen on seeing this to the end.

(1) (Reply)

Amaechi Not Corrupt As Alleged By Rivers PDP, Says Orlukwu / Why We’re Yet To Move Against NNPC — Buhari / Northern Elders Replies Ndigbo: Buhari Is Appointing Only Those He Can Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.