Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,387 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

5 Reasons Why Youths Comfortably Bench Warm In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 5 Reasons Why Youths Comfortably Bench Warm In Church (748 Views)

Pastor Oritsejafor & His Wife Kiss In Church (Photos) / Six Reasons Why Youths Port From Their Parents' Churches / Check Out This Picture Of A Pastor Praying For A Woman In Church. SCREENSHOT. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Why Youths Comfortably Bench Warm In Church by shollyBi(m): 3:57pm On May 10, 2015
let me dedicate my first ever thread to God Almighty who has given me life, for in him I live, move and have my being, am grateful. OK make I start now

I have come to realise that no matter how hard you try to persuade some people in church (mostly youth) to join any group ( be it choir, drama, prayer band, bible study etc) they will never, I mean never! join, no matter how subtle you try to be or polite, they will rigidly decline. they prefer the bench warmers thing and to be frank wit u, they are comfortable there. I then came to some conclusions that may warrant such. I will like to share them wit u. so relax, read and sip ur kunu while I write and eat my Sunday rice simultaneously.

1. They don't want to give the church a bad name
when a worker in church for example choir master did something wrong, maybe impregnate a girl. Nobody will mention his name alone to describe him, you will be hearing stuffs like "choir master bro shola don give person belle o", the person hearing will be like "aaaaaah choir master?"
2. They are still human
like my friend will always say " body no b wood". they know very well that they are prone to fall into temptation, in fact some cannot do without it like danfo drivers would say, instead of playing god, they humbly prefer bench warming

3. They don't want to live an Hypocrite
Everybody has a skeleton in his/her cupboard, b4 u shout;hope say u know say u no perfect? we all go to church acting like saints from Thessalonica to the extent of becoming a worker in church. some youths can't just mix both I.e being a full time sinner as the church will put it and also a Jim Jim bro/ sister simultaneously, its just too hypocritical to them

4. Unbelieve
hmmmm, this one is serious, most youth sitting in the congregation don't beliv a poo of all that's been said in the church, to them its like an illusion. so joining a group in church is just like acting another Noollywood film. many youth don't like the acting part that's why they strongly hold tight their seats and bench warm comfortably

5. They don't want to live another persons life
some youth are already a captive of this, they now try to live like bro A who they claim to be their mentor by all means, in frustration and in pain. faking everything from seeing vision to hearing from God to miracles they have done before, hmm sometimes u wonder why they can't do it right now and here. many youths can't live like that, they simply want to live their own life not someone elses, like my friend would say " I just wanna be me"

pls feel free to add urs, and if possible, solutions to this issues, do have a lovely Sunday pals. by the way my rice don finish
Re: 5 Reasons Why Youths Comfortably Bench Warm In Church by shollyBi(m): 3:59pm On May 10, 2015
Re: 5 Reasons Why Youths Comfortably Bench Warm In Church by Pinocchioo(f): 4:04pm On May 10, 2015
U again, aren't u d treasure of spacebookers
Re: 5 Reasons Why Youths Comfortably Bench Warm In Church by shollyBi(m): 4:14pm On May 10, 2015
Pinocchioo:
U again, aren't u d treasure of spacebookers
[quote author=Pinocchioo nice observation, thanks. I just booked for booking sake
Re: 5 Reasons Why Youths Comfortably Bench Warm In Church by chidekings(m): 4:22pm On May 10, 2015
ur correct,it is better making mistakes and respecting urself than faking perfection.
Re: 5 Reasons Why Youths Comfortably Bench Warm In Church by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 10, 2015
the reason is simple..That person that refuses not to be a worker in the church is NOT GROWING SPIRITUALLY,
the essence of becoming a working in church is to SERVE others..
I dont like to say this "but the main problem is that the person is yet to be taught basics of christian service"
christian service include
1)SERVICE to the church and to people.
2)submission and subjection to AUTHORITIES in the church(e.g Pastors,teachers,fellowship cordinators,HODs etc)
3)the culture of GIVING to the church
4)PREACHING & TEACHING(evangelism and discipleship)....
Amongs many others

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why Youths Comfortably Bench Warm In Church by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 10, 2015
when u begin to grow spiritually,It will show in your conduct and lifestyle. SELAH

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

For Seun And His Staff; Deactivate The Accounts. / Breaking: The 21 Years Old Suspect That Killed 9 In USA Church - Arrested / Villagers Cry Out, As RCCG Seizes 2100 Hectares, Destroys Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.