Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,316 members, 7,819,071 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? (19429 Views)

Can I Cook Weed (igbo) For My Dog To Be Aggressive / 6 Most Aggressive Dogs To Own In Nigeria / How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 06, 2015
From a long time GSD owner take it from me
1. Never ever beat your German sherpherd dog GSD, they never forget and when they get older u won't like them.

2. Never cage them all day, if you know u cant have the time or space to work him then better give him up for adoption now or you won't like the adult he will grow into.. GSD there extremely active dogs which makes them great security dogs.

3. He doesn't think he is the pack leader or he wouldn't listen to you even when u are in doors.

4. Never five your dog to quack trainers only use certified trainers, I am seeing alot of quacks giving you their numbers here asking you to call...you are better off using YouTube than giving your GSD to a quack who will only.beat him or maltreatment him.

5. GSD like all dogs need, live, patience and understanding..
You wouldn't expect a six month old human baby to know right from wrong so soon would you?

6. Treat him right and he will grow to be a very loving, and loyal friend for the rest of his life with you

5 Likes

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Spells(m): 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2015
Una comments for NL funny die... Love all of u guys on NL....lwkmd
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Osirimononaye(m): 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
Aitee1:
Kill it before it kills you! angry
Are u Calabar
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Aitee1: 10:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
Osirimononaye:

Are u Calabar

Fulani undecided undecided
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by searchcorp(m): 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
soe:
u remind me of my friend obinna

are u kidding me? For real? Una don find me come nairaland again. Chai, see monitoring spirits. Wow, please send me a personal message. I'm Obinna. I am he!
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Osirimononaye(m): 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2015
Aitee1:

Fulani undecided undecided
No wonder :-/
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by boladez(m): 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
lestat:
From a long time GSD owner take it from me
1. Never ever beat your German sherpherd dog GSD, they never forget and when they get older u won't like them.

2. Never cage them all day, if you know u cant have the time or space to work him then better give him up for adoption now or you won't like the adult he will grow into.. GSD there extremely active dogs which makes them great security dogs.

3. He doesn't think he is the pack leader or he wouldn't listen to you even when u are in doors.

4. Never five your dog to quack trainers only use certified trainers, I am seeing alot of quacks giving you their numbers here asking you to call...you are better off using YouTube than giving your GSD to a quack who will only.beat him or maltreatment him.

5. GSD like all dogs need, live, patience and understanding..

You wouldn't expect a six month old human baby to know right from wrong so soon would you?

6. Treat him right and he will grow to be a very loving, and loyal friend for the rest of his life with you

Sir, Most of what you have said is just spot on, it shows you know a lot about dogs... but I disagree with two things

!. Flogging the dog. I believe the dogs are like children and you spare the rod and spoil the child . My GSD is 3 years now and I started flogging them from 3-4 months. i have different canes for different occasions. They love me and they obey me. They are 100% obedient when I talk to them . There was a time I called the name midway into a chase. she froze and ran into her cage! I think they should be beaten but not excessively.

A six month old dog is old enough to know right from wrong.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Ahmeduana(m): 10:23pm On Jun 06, 2015
naijainfogalery:
I read your comments and you guys jjust made my love for dogs increase by 100%.

I love dogs and never had one. Alsatian dogs just give me this ever smilling sensation. I want one sad
DOGS DON'T LIKE SMILE, IF THEY SEE YOU DISPLAYING YOUR TEETH TO, THEM YOU ARE CHALLENGING THEM TO A FIGHT.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by younghartz(m): 10:25pm On Jun 06, 2015
So assuming we didn't protest this topic won't have gotn to front page? undecided
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Patented: 10:26pm On Jun 06, 2015
Dont keep him on a tight leash when walking. When he wants to get into d aggressive state tap him near d hind quaters with your foot to snap him out of it. He can sense your nervousness so dont tense up when pple are near. Be relaxed
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by pomsky: 10:29pm On Jun 06, 2015
lacicrips:
My 6 months old alsatian wolf is very stubborn and never listens to me when he charges against people. He constantly tries to attack everybody when I take him out for walks, and this embarrasses me a lot as well as the innocent passer-bys.

Funny thing is, he listens and obeys his commands when we're indoors. But as soon as we're outside, he throws caution to the wind and becomes his own boss and would never listen to anybody.

I've tried reading up on obedience training and also watched a few videos from oyinbos, but I'm looking for a more practical advice from Nigerians. Some people suggested discipline by flogging him into submission - I totally don't buy that as he might just become fearful of me and probably resent me forever.

Please share what has worked for you.

@Seun, I trust your opinions, please come chip in.

[size=14pt]........buy him tortoise[/size].
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Elan83(m): 10:33pm On Jun 06, 2015
contol?
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by QueenHeart(f): 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
lacicrips:
My 6 months old alsatian wolf is very stubborn and never listens to me when he charges against people. He constantly tries to attack everybody when I take him out for walks, and this embarrasses me a lot as well as the innocent passer-bys.

Funny thing is, he listens and obeys his commands when we're indoors. But as soon as we're outside, he throws caution to the wind and becomes his own boss and would never listen to anybody.

I've tried reading up on obedience training and also watched a few videos from oyinbos, but I'm looking for a more practical advice from Nigerians. Some people suggested discipline by flogging him into submission - I totally don't buy that as he might just become fearful of me and probably resent me forever.

jst one is giving you headache like this. My brother bot two today n I hv bin running up n down d whole compound,what kind of trouble is ds I hate dogs*crying*

1 Like

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Funmiladey(m): 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Funmiladey(m): 10:36pm On Jun 06, 2015
Am happy we making front page..... Pets are man's best friend
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by wiringdpt(m): 10:44pm On Jun 06, 2015
I guess you make him feel like boss when you walk him. Make him stay behind you next time you walk him. The is sti
lacicrips:

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by rman: 10:46pm On Jun 06, 2015
Ahmeduana:

DOGS DON'T LIKE SMILE, IF THEY SEE YOU DISPLAYING YOUR TEETH TO, THEM YOU ARE CHALLENGING THEM TO A FIGHT.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Oh my God!
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by IboBoyNuel(m): 10:48pm On Jun 06, 2015
The problem is how you hold your leash. When you are walking your dog dnt let it be in front of you. Make sure it is by your side. And don't put too much tension on the leash.

hope this helps

1 Like

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by phonneh: 10:49pm On Jun 06, 2015
Dogs basically react to ones positive or negative energy.
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Atk1nson(m): 10:51pm On Jun 06, 2015
lacicrips:
My 6 months old alsatian wolf is very stubborn and never listens to me when he charges against people. He constantly tries to attack everybody when I take him out for walks, and this embarrasses me a lot as well as the innocent

Ur caging it up is likely the cause, it's naturally an active breed, caging it turns it's activeness into hostility. such dogs can maul a kid gravely if allowed.
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by elohorayodele: 11:01pm On Jun 06, 2015
Aitee1:
Kill it before it kills you! angry
Kill it ke? Hmmm. Make I no talk my mind sha
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by xtervaganza(m): 11:03pm On Jun 06, 2015
lacicrips:

i think the solution is to take the dog out more and more often . At least 3 times a week

The reason it reacted that way was because going outside and seeing people is still strange to your puppy.

It happened to one of my dogs and it changed after taking it out often

1 Like

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Aitee1: 11:08pm On Jun 06, 2015
elohorayodele:

Kill it ke? Hmmm. Make I no talk my mind sha

Talk tongue
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Bamz(m): 11:10pm On Jun 06, 2015
Hmm reminds me of the White Fang (Jack London)... wolves will always be wolves.
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by elohorayodele: 11:12pm On Jun 06, 2015
Aitee1:

Talk tongue

No, i nor fit. I no want trouble
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Aitee1: 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
elohorayodele:

No, i nor fit. I no want trouble

Good you know!
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Coraje(m): 11:15pm On Jun 06, 2015
QueenHeart:
jst one is giving you headache like this. My brother bot two today n I hv bin running up n down d whole compound,what kind of trouble is ds I hate dogs*crying*

Brace urself up for more of the cries for at least 5 days or a week except u bring them into one corner in ur room so u could at least have some sleep.
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by QueenHeart(f): 11:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
Coraje:

Brace urself up for more of the cries for at least 5 days or a week except u bring them into one corner in ur room so u could at least have some sleep.
mbanu I hate their licki licki part.why shld they be licking som1. Jor oo me will kill dem soon
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by elohorayodele: 11:18pm On Jun 06, 2015
Aitee1:

Good you know!

Some things are not to be spoken especially when you already know what I wanted to say
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by blakky97(m): 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2015
c a l a b a r
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Mishydoo(m): 12:00am On Jun 07, 2015
Am I d only one who noticed that Dogs have been makin more headlines in ds country recently than Our Brand-New-Old President Buhari
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by dblaisepascal(m): 12:58am On Jun 07, 2015
make a tasty meal of it... dog pepper soup and Ogogoro.. o boy try dat combination, i bet u will come back here for testimony..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Help, Both My Dogs Are Pregnant! / Snap And Upload Your Dogs Here [season 3 2016 Edition] / When Pets Turns Thieves..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.