Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,660 members, 7,809,499 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:36 AM

How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? (19409 Views)

Can I Cook Weed (igbo) For My Dog To Be Aggressive / 6 Most Aggressive Dogs To Own In Nigeria / How To Make Your Dog More Aggressive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Originalsly: 1:22am On Jun 07, 2015
Your dog is German Shepherd/wolf...so forget about how German Shepherds behave...your dog is not the same. From what you wrote your dog is more aggressive...and more protective. Your environment is different from tat of developed countries....your dog has to face off with strays..untrained dogs...other aggressive dogs...dogs not on leash...doesn't matter the amount of expert training...his instinct would take over if he feels threatened...or if he feels you are in danger. As he gets bigger it would be more difficult for you to restrain him. Dogs do not forget.... the guy he tried to attack he would attack again the next time he crosses his path....even if it's 5 years later...and dogs remember scent...not faces...and remember it for life. Talking from experience. You have seen the nature of your dog....get rid of it dog if you don't want serious trouble on your hand.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Nobody: 1:24am On Jun 07, 2015
lacicrips:

Thanks, I'll call you before the week runs out.

He's mostly crated because we live in a rented apartment with other tenants, and I'm not around all the time to monitor him. I don't like the fact that he's caged either, but that's the only way for now. Thanks all the same, will reach out shortly.
op i have 8 dogs in our compound and guess what i have studied dis dogs behavious for the past 15years tho some died some years back but we always buy thier replacement .now in your case, i will outline his behaviour and things you will start to notice about him in future. 1. At 6months old he is too hyper sensitive like a nomal 9-12 year old boy. 2: locking him up all they obviously will make him over excited to be free, cos he have no idea when the next freedom is going to be. 3 locking him all day till night makes dog very very wicked. 4. As for the charging at people outside its a sign that he will be a very wicked dog in the future. Cos some dogs only show themselves only in their owners compound but when they com outside they will be so humble. 5 never ever flog your dog, if you flog that dog for like a week his brain will start telling him that you're a wicked person that flogs. And guess what he will start to avoid you, in most cases they will start to act like cats. I mean start runing from everybody. I will let you know more later

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by anthoniaz(f): 6:22am On Jun 07, 2015
tobolos:
I face similar problem with my GSD.The 5 months old puppy is always in the cage all day long.Anytime I get home. And release her from the cage,she jumps on me celebrating her victory.She is always destructive anytime she is left to roam about compound.first victims are my children slippers mistakenly left outside.
I have promised the pups all my weekend.
cheesy
Same with mine.It has destroyed most of my shoes and husband's own.
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by tonychristopher: 6:27am On Jun 07, 2015
Originalsly:
Your dog is German Shepherd/wolf...so forget about how German Shepherds behave...your dog is not the same. From what you wrote your dog is more aggressive...and more protective. Your environment is different from tat of developed countries....your dog has to face off with strays..untrained dogs...other aggressive dogs...dogs not on leash...doesn't matter the amount of expert training...his instinct would take over if he feels threatened...or if he feels you are in danger. As he gets bigger it would be more difficult for you to restrain him. Dogs do not forget.... the guy he tried to attack he would attack again the next time he crosses his path....even if it's 5 years later...and dogs remember scent...not faces...and remember it for life. Talking from experience. You have seen the nature of your dog....get rid of it dog if you don't want serious trouble on your hand.

WOLF AINT AND HAVE NEVER BEEN DOMESTICATED SUCCESSFULY..SO HE SHOULD JUST KILL THE DOG

1 Like

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Nobody: 6:44am On Jun 07, 2015
i fear dogs with my life embarassed
You are trying @op
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by kemmy100: 6:53am On Jun 07, 2015
That is one of the worst breeds for a 1st time owner. Never flog a dog, it will never trust you, and if it does not trust you, how can you control it? I am very sorry, even i would not take an that breed and i have had dogs and leashed them for a long time. This is a very protective bred. Dogs charge people when they have not been socialized well, in the begin your dog must learn to be touched and played with by everybody. But your dog must only defend you when you are in danger or threatened or at given command. I think you really have a tough breed for a 1st timer. Next time dont take a bred that you dont know of. Dogs chew, especially when they are teething. If you have not house trained your dog, keeping it in the cage for the whole day is a very dangerous thing, because dogs like places to be clean and if they have to soil themselves or hold pee and poo too long, it will be a problem. You most always take your dog out to ease itself outside, minimum 3 to 4 times a day. Honestly. The list of things you are doing wrong are too much

1 Like

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by youngking89(m): 7:00am On Jun 07, 2015
Your own better sef. If thief come my house....my dog go carry the thief come my room sef. The useless dog go even show am where I dey hide money

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Eureka123(f): 8:09am On Jun 07, 2015
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by millionboi(m): 8:11am On Jun 07, 2015
youngking89:
Your own better sef. If thief come my house....my dog go carry the thief come my room sef. The useless dog go even show am where I dey hide money
lol,I knw of 1 dat wil go nd hide wen thife com,bt wen thy go....him go com dey bark lik nigeria police.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by iamdjtune: 8:23am On Jun 07, 2015
ok

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by hugobuzz(m): 11:57am On Jun 07, 2015
donate it to Boko Haram.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Chyjoey(m): 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2015
youngking89:
lwkm.. grin grin grin grin grin...oboy you no go kill persn.. grin grin grin grin
my alsatian was behaving like dt before buh since he turned one year...im don dy declaRE WAR ON CRIMINALS sad angry angry undecided
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by ufelove(m): 3:05pm On Jun 07, 2015
tobolos:
I face similar problem with my GSD.The 5 months old puppy is always in the cage all day long.Anytime I get home. And release her from the cage,she jumps on me celebrating her victory.She is always destructive anytime she is left to roam about compound.first victims are my children slippers mistakenly left outside.
I have promised the pups all my weekend.

Your puppy is just happy.. They generally like to seek attention and if they don't get it, they pick items especially black, run about and tear em. Just give her more attention and less caging
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by dennistar(m): 4:04pm On Jun 07, 2015
well am from calabar
whose giving out theirs

just kidding have a bulldog tho,I cute Dog
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jul 02, 2019
hugobuzz:
donate it to Boko Haram.

grin
Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Greenback: 8:49am On Aug 13, 2019
donjaky:

grin
Hi..where are you??!!?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do You Contol An Overly Aggressive Puppy? by Timantech(m): 12:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
You have to watch for ur dog excitement level cos it leads to attack... When on a walk always make sure you dog concentration is on you and not animal or human around him..... Observe him closely when walking of there is a change of mood, tap your dog and distract it from what makes it have a mood swing... The lesser bark on a walk the more confidence you have on the dog during walks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Snap And Upload Your Dogs Here [season 3 2016 Edition] / When Pets Turns Thieves.. / Nigerian Mom Urgently Calls God In Prayer To Heal Daughter’s Sick Dog (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.