Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,502 members, 7,823,170 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch (31847 Views)

Breaking News: APC Leading In 13 Lgas - @saharareporters / Buhari Orders Probe On How ISIS Leader Got Nigerian Visa / Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by jpphilips(m): 1:25pm On May 11, 2015
JayJustus:

couldn't agree with you more...people on here just comment without proper knowledge of what they saying...that's how someone in one thread claimed oxygen tanks work with electricity...phewwww..

Not today we started entertaining Oshogbo dullards here!! Imagine

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:43pm On May 11, 2015
imas:
Am not moved, because I know by the time GMB is finished with our economy all those charges will triple, you will see long queues at Nigerian embassies worldwide, I have no doubt.
It will happen. You will see and hear citizens of other countries crying because they were denied Nigerian visa.
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by paulbets: 1:55pm On May 11, 2015
Lucasbalo:
Good leaders makes a lot of difference. The buck stop at the leadership. The leaders are the trailblazers. Nigerians are overwhelmingly good and honest people that have to deal with corrupt and inept leaders for several decades. That will have effects on people psychologically. Americans are not the easiest people either but the leadership is what makes America what she is today. When Nigeria leaderships rise up to the occassional, I believe the overwhelming good and honorable people of Nigeria will follow the trail. My point of disagreement with Mr Knowitall was him calling Nigerians mentally backward people. That's uncalled for.
I Agree with you, Nigerians are not mentally backward.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 11, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
It will happen. You will see and hear citizens of other countries crying because they were denied Nigerian visa.
Amen, a better Nigeria is my prayer.
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by ziga: 2:20pm On May 11, 2015
It is sad that Punch published this article with so much wrong information.

The cost of a Nigerian Visa for American citizens is $160 and there are a bunch of miscellaneous fees that you also pay at the embassy.

That is almost N30,000 and not the N14,000 that was published by PUNCH.

I also see that others are disputing the numbers published by them for other countries.

The information is available online.

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/visaguidelines
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by Iko5000: 3:13pm On May 11, 2015
Exactly what I said in my earlier post ,as UK visa is £142 + postal order for 1 day track and 5 day track is £92 + postal order so God knows where the newspaper got those wrong figures from
ziga:
It is sad that Punch published this article with so much wrong information.

The cost of a Nigerian Visa for American citizens is $160 and there are a bunch of miscellaneous fees that you also pay at the embassy.

That is almost N30,000 and not the N14,000 that was published by PUNCH.

I also see that others are disputing the numbers published by them for other countries.

The information is available online.

https://portal.immigration.gov.ng/pages/visaguidelines
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by hijodedios: 3:13pm On May 11, 2015
Lies lies lies, you op and punch newspaper or whtaever you quoted as your source are just dullards,at least i espected you to crosscheck what you read from punch on the nigerian immigration service before rushing here to make your post abd mislead people,part of what you wrote above and i qoute,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Most European countries, such as Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Portugal, Romania, Belgium and Spain, pay a little above N6,000 for a single-visa application. Multiple-entry visa application fee in most of the listed countries is N9,000 plus."end of quote, its a big lie,on the NIS website its clearlt stated the fees for nigerian visa both single and double entry and i dont know where you got your figures from,spainiards for example pays $95 for single entry and as much as $514 for multiple entry so i dont know when $514 eguals 9000 naira as you said in your post.the same thing goes to all other countries you mentioned where i quoted you above.
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by Oiselenjakhian(m): 4:25pm On May 11, 2015
Hello I am a programmer. My personal website is [url]trustondevcenary.com[/url] please visit my site and get in touch with me if you want a website.

In addition [url]dreamquestmultimedia.com[/url] is my company website. We are multimedia studio with a passion for telling African stories from an African perspective.
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by olawonder(m): 5:57pm On May 11, 2015
Utterly utterly rubbish! These figures are a fraction of the actual costs of obtaining visas to Nigeria. I paid nearly $300 for each of my family members visiting Nigeria from UK (single entry), and that is as recent as last month.
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by seangy4konji: 11:08pm On May 13, 2015
and we husstle million 4 yankee visa.

things will change soon.
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by Queenie95: 8:14pm On Mar 22, 2020
Jklue007:
This is no longer funny...I can't wait till May 29 for GMB to come on board and rectify all this nonsense. Imagine, a whole 9ja, one dollar that is 200 naira??...mtchww.

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.

is Buhari still your hero? Just curious.
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by ChristianNorth: 8:37pm On Mar 22, 2020
Zombies will be disappointed by now.

Buhari is a fraud
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by Painintheass221: 6:28pm On Mar 30, 2022
This is no longer funny...I can't wait till May 29 for GMB to come on board and rectify all this nonsense. Imagine, a whole 9ja, one dollar that is 200 naira??...mtchww.

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.

How edey be

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by Yujin(m): 6:31pm On Mar 30, 2022

BUHARI my HERO!
AMEACHI my ROLE MODEL!!
FASHOLA my GUY!!!

God bless Nairaland.

Chai... He has deactivated his account. Lack of foresight is very bad.
Re: Nigerian Visa Goes For A Dollar In 13 Countries - Punch by simeonabio(m): 6:33pm On Mar 30, 2022
I am amazed with all comments from 2015. Those guys has high hope in Buhari but alas Buhari disappointed them that some even have to deactivate their accounts.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Am Returning Soon To Continue Project Of Fixing Nigeria - Buhari / EXCLUSIVE: Fayemi To Meet With Ekiti Mornarchs, Ooni After Alaafin's Letter / Yahaya Bello: They Want To Use COVID-19 Vaccine To Kill Us (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.