Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,506 members, 7,819,836 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:06 AM

Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan (34093 Views)

"Northern Governors Have Abandoned Buhari Because Of VP Slot" - Arewa Youths / Expect More Good Works From Me – Jonathan Tells Nigerians / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by bastien: 7:32am On May 11, 2015
Too bad
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by koikoi2(m): 7:32am On May 11, 2015
Don't worry dey will soon run back to u begging.
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by free2ryhme: 7:33am On May 11, 2015
Emenahagos02:
President Goodluck Jonathan said yesterday he was will­ing to pay the supreme price if need be to keep Nigeria’s unity. He said for losing the elec­tion, his friends and associates have abandoned him.

He also assured that in or out of govern­ment, he will continue to give his best to the country that has given him so much from enjoying scholarship throughout his education to being taken care of by the state for 16 years, saying he is “a very happy and fulfilled man”.

He said this at the Thanksgiving and Farewell Service in his honour and his wife, Dame Patience Jonathan at the Cathedral Church of the Advent Life-Camp, Gwarin­pan, Abuja

Jonathan regretted he was not, a good dancer if not, he would have out-danced the biblical David even at the risk of annoying his wife. He said not many Nigerians in his age bracket have been as privileged as he is to have enjoyed government scholarship in school up to master’s degree as well as for­tunate in his political career.

He noted that his good fortunes contin­ued even when he did his Ph.D as his then employers also paid for his scholarship.

Speaking more on paying the supreme price, Jonathan said if soldiers and police officers who do not earn anything close to what he is being paid by the state could die while serving the country and maintaining territorial, integrity, he sees no reason why he too cannot pay the supreme price for Nigeria’s unity.

President Jonathan who noted that he has not suffered lack not because he is hardworking, but simply by God’s grace said, “when I look at the whole picture of my life up to when I became the President of this country, and I say that if soldiers and police officers that have not received 0. 5 per cent of the benefits that I have received from the state can lay their lives for this country, I should do anything in the interest of Nigeria including paying the supreme price.

“As long as live, I will continue to do my best for the state because it has helped me as a person.

“I have to thank Nigerians especially my state for giving me the opportunity to serve as deputy governor, governor and the whole country gave me the opportunity to serve as Vice President and then President , first was to complete the tenure of the late President Umaru Yar’Adua and later serve as Presi­dent from which I am exiting now as a very happy and fulfilled man”.

The President, amid applause and shouts in the emotionally-charged service, said he had taken hard decisions including cleaning up the electoral process for which he has to pay a high price (losing his re-election bid), concluding that it was God’s will that the result turns out the way it did.

Jonathan, while saying he was not surprised that friends and associates have abandoned him, said he expects worst things to happen in future , revealing that those that benefited most from his government’s poli­cies and programmes were those crucifying him today even before he left office.

The President who said he was not bothered by such actions, recalled the story of the last ruler of apartheid South Africa, Frederik Willem de Klerk, who was divorced by his wife for accepting to abolish minority rule, noting it was that a hard choice that is still keeping South Africa a force to reckon with today. He added jokingly that he hope the same fate will not befall him and his wife divorce him for accepting defeat in the last presidential elec­tion. To which the wife quickly, replied with a resounding “Nooooo” which drew another round of applause and shouts,” he said.

Quoting Tai Solarin’s, popular quote, Jonathan said, “To my ministers, I wish you what I wish myself. They will have hard times, we will all have hard times. Our ways will be rough.”

The President thanked Nigerians for their support and urged the church and other religious groups to pray for the success of the incoming administration, saying what matters is not the person in charge of government but how government’s actions impact on the people.

Jonathan said: “ But we are happy the ordinary people appreciate what we did and that is the most important. It’s not what the elite or the privileged few talk or say about you but what the majority of the Nigerian public think about your actions and inac­tions that matter.

“Like the Primate said, we came to Abuja peacefully and we are returning peace­fully. “I thank the church and Nigerians because they stood by us at our most dif­ficult times.

Earlier, former Minister of Informa­tion and one of the directors of Jonathan campaigns organization, Prof Jerry Gana, described the President as man who was favoured by God in many ways, thanking God for what He used Jonathan to achieve for the country.

Earlier in his sermon titled: “Thanks,”giving with the main text taken from 1 Thessalonian 5:18, the Archbishop, Metropolitan and Primate of All Nigeria, the Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh, said the will of God can mean some uncomfortable situation sometimes. He said when Jesus was goiing to the cross it was not a pleasant experience but today we have good friday.

“We are here to join the President to give thanks to God as he rounds off his tenure. When he started he gave thanks to God.The first thing he has to thank God for is the privilege to be president of Nigeria,” he said.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=118941

Cc:lalasticlala cc:ishilove

It is too late to cry when the damage has already been done. You deliberately ignored credible advice to sycophants.

Nigerians do not pity you. Just go by May 29

2 Likes

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by Ask4bigneyo(m): 7:33am On May 11, 2015
Na chop n clean mouth dem do nah...BTW....
VOTE: T-TRANSPARENCY!
VOTE: W-WELL-BEHAVE!
VOTE: A-ACCOUNTABILITY!
VOTE: C-COMMON-SENSE!
VOTE: I -INTELLIGENCE!
VOTE FOR CHANGE!
VOTE HUMBLENESS!
VOTE HUMILITY!
VOTE TWACI FOR MISS NAIRALAND2015.
WATCH OUT FOR CHERLENE2016.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by Atmmachine(m): 7:34am On May 11, 2015
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by cyprus000: 7:34am On May 11, 2015
It is xpected,success attract more enemy than friend,while failure attract more friends than enemy.
But that is never a reason to be a failure.

***MEANWHILE**

[size=15pt]after my undercover research,on who best fit the MISS NAIRALAND position.[/size]
[size=13pt]I have come to realiz that SANDRAHNAUB is the best candidate and is now our choice.[/size]
[size=13pt]this is a girl who possesses all qualities.
A lady ought to have and has proven it,beyond reasonable doubt.
[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]INTELLIGENCE[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]MANNER'S[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]DIPLOMAT[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]BEAUTY[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]LEADERSHIP WITH HUMILITY[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]HUMOUR[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]RESPECT[/size]

[size=13pt]Vote:[/size][size=15pt]MISS NAIRALAND(SANDRAHNAUB)[/size]

[size=15pt]seeing the PDP(people deceive people) and APC(aproko people's congress) going on in this contest...na joke oo!grincheesy

Due to my selfless service to humanity and my enviroment.
I have decided to project TRANSPERENCY,ACCOUNTABILITY,INTELLIG.ENCE
,HUMOUR,BEAUT.Y e.t.c
Viod of FAVOURITISM,ETHNICITY,MARGINALIZAT.ION and DISCRIMIMAT.ION.
which has been playing out,in the campaign.
[/size]

[size=15pt]I THE CAMPAIGN MANAGER[/size]

[size=15pt]*** odguefi ome' nora 1(one) of nairaland.representing enugu east constituency.**[/size]
[size=15pt]call opun all agent of change and transformation,to look beyond all sentiments and VOTE SANDRAHNAUB[the vioce of the people) for miss nairaland[/size]

[size=13pt]your PVC(keypad) is your power,do not let them rig you of your opinion.[/size]

>>www.nairaland.com/sandrahnaub

[size=13pt]Signed:[/size][size=15pt]MANAGEMENT[/size]

www.nairaland.com/sandrahnaub

1 Like 51 Shares

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by Surd2121(m): 7:34am On May 11, 2015
olmde:
Am I the only one who thinks this guy has been talking too much lately? Trying to gather sympathy anywhere possible.
"in MJ's voice" you are not alone

1 Like

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by phransix147(m): 7:34am On May 11, 2015
Ask4bigneyo:
hhh
Second page
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by boxypane(m): 7:34am On May 11, 2015
He never had friends. Only pots of people who wanted 2get filled. Stop d self pity n move on X.
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by Atmmachine(m): 7:34am On May 11, 2015
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by saintol(m): 7:34am On May 11, 2015
Haven't your heard of,' OWO EPO'.
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by kent79: 7:34am On May 11, 2015
Hmmm.....Oga oooo. Na so life be.
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by kliq(m): 7:34am On May 11, 2015
ellechrystal:

Kill urself... tongue tongue tongue tongue

After you ma'am

tongue

1 Like

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by sisisioge: 7:35am On May 11, 2015
Hmmmm, you know your real friends when the chips are down. Dear Uncle Jona, though I'm all for Buhari, I feel you. However, do not blame the deserters... everyman for himself, God for us all. At least you still have Aunty Pat.

1 Like

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by Nobody: 7:35am On May 11, 2015
Barcanista and co will be by your side so far they continue to receive their monthly alerts.

3 Likes

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by Sibrah: 7:35am On May 11, 2015
They simply followed the national cake
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by Ikegift4real(m): 7:35am On May 11, 2015
God bless GEJ.
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by socialmediaman: 7:35am On May 11, 2015
A leader will always have sycophants around him, he lets himself deceived by them, or does what is right.. I liked this man initially, but my resentment grew for him when he became a monster and neglected those who voted him. If not for this loss, he would never have realized himself.

ellechrystal:
It is even better my darling Jona.
Let them take their betrayal some place else,
So u can rest, they never liked u, n so it's obvious.
Just stay on ur own, something bigger is coming ur way n God doesn't need them in d picture so u can perform.

1 Like

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by ileogbenfidel(m): 7:36am On May 11, 2015
That's life for you GEJ
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by boxypane(m): 7:36am On May 11, 2015
temitemi1:
GEJ my HERO! FAYOSE my ROLE MODEL!!
U should find space for Charles Taylor as ur Mentor.

3 Likes

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by sewentybaba: 7:36am On May 11, 2015
Before nko. Buhari who is now the bride of everybody was abandoned too. Move on. Life goes on
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by Atmmachine(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2015
folabayo1:
Baye se ri niyen oga jonah grin
Gbafolorun wink
And learn from ur mistakes cos u neva can tell...

Can't you just write in English ??
Dirty yoloba girl

1 Like

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by isbish(m): 7:37am On May 11, 2015
Bros Jona we don hear! Thank you. Just pack ur kaya go abeg. We get work to do to salvage this country you don spoil more.

1 Like

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by LegatusGlaber(m): 7:39am On May 11, 2015
ellechrystal:

Let them take their betrayal some place else, So u can rest, they never liked u, n so it's obvious.
...something bigger is coming ur way n God doesn't need them in d picture so u can perform.

Words on Marble
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by bigtt76(f): 7:39am On May 11, 2015
Before nko? Abi you never know say failure nor get broda? This one na eye opener ....by July 2015, nobodi go send you sef #mtscheeeeeeew. The first and only president in Nigeria given every chance to succeed yet decided to slumber angry

1 Like

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by folabayo1(f): 7:39am On May 11, 2015
Atmmachine:

Can't you just write in English ??
Dirty yoloba girl
if I curse u from my heart dis morning am 100% sure that nobody on earth can wash u clean from it but I will leave u to God to deal wit u according to ur deeds..

4 Likes

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:39am On May 11, 2015
What you had around you weren't friends but sycophants and leeches. Be glad to have lost them. Not that I care a hoot though.

2 Likes

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by saintol(m): 7:40am On May 11, 2015
Jonathan! Jonathan!! Jonathan!!! How many times did i call you? You see your life! Anyway, i have this to tell you,' your true friends are those who abandoned you before the election, but those who did after the election are your bad friends'.
Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:40am On May 11, 2015
Who is jonathan?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Friends, Associates Have Abandoned Me –Jonathan by Ijaya123: 7:44am On May 11, 2015
How come those PDP e-warriors have been avoiding threads on GEJ lately? Are you also deserting him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fayose Receives Wike At Akure Airport (Photos) / No Group Has A Right To Ask A Section Of The Country To Leave - Presidency / Boko Haram Kills 48 Fish Vendors Near Chad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.