Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,752 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Nigeria History In Pictures. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria History In Pictures. (2304 Views)

Major Events And Dates In Nigeria's History (timelines: Pre 1960-2000) / Obasanjo Tears PDP Membership Card In Pictures / I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria History In Pictures. by Mization(m): 9:36am On May 11, 2015
Pic 1: General Sani Abacha with Yasser Arafat on Sunday june 7,1998, Abacha died the next day.
Credit:AP

Pic 2: Minah Bird (Minah Ogbenyealu Bird),Nigerian model who featured in over 10 movies in the UK in the 70s

Pic 3: British prime minister, Harold Wilson and 26yrs old Governor, Alfred Diete-Spiff in Rivers State, 1969
Credit:HI

Pic 4: From being a celebrity Hairdresser, Franca Afegbua became Nigeria's first elected female Senator.

Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Mization(m): 9:36am On May 11, 2015
Pic 1: Electoral rules to qualify to vote in elections in Nigeria- 1923

Pic 2: A. Agboola Browne fought in WWII (He's a war hero in Poland) and one of the first west Africans to record jazz album (1928)

Pic 3: 4-time grammy award winner, Sade Adu as a baby in Nigeria in circa 1960.
Source: Pinterest

Pic 4: Adokiye Amiesimaka, one of the first graduates to play for Nigeria, later became Attorney General of Rivers State

Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Mization(m): 9:36am On May 11, 2015
Pic 1: In 1979, Damian Anyawu developed Nigeria's 1st private radio station (Radio Mbaise), It was powered by herbs.

Pic 2: The day before Wole Soyinka received the Nobel prize for literature, with other Nobel Laureates.

Pic 3: Ken Saro-Wiwa......1995

Pic 4: Young Murtala Muhammed with his wife, Ajoke and children

Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Mization(m): 9:37am On May 11, 2015
Pic 1: Then Burkina Faso President, Thomas Sankara in his office with Fela, 1980s. Fela's sang "underground system" in his honour.

Pic 2: Alake of Egbaland sits as painter -J.Berrie puts finishing touches to his painting in his studio in London -1937
Credit :AP

Pic 3: Paul McCartney (Beattles member) and wings recorded their most successful album "on the run" at EMI's studio in Lagos. 1973

Pic 4: In the 1960s, Dr Latunde Odeku was the first black Neurosurgeon to be trained in the United states.

Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Mization(m): 9:37am On May 11, 2015
Pic 1: British Nigeria flag (1953-1960)

Pic 2: Dafinone's family; Urhobo family's Guiness World Record for producing the most (6) Chartered Accountants in 1 family.

Pic 3: Akinsehinwa is the 1st ADC in the Nigerian history to die protecting a Head of State. Died protecting Murtala in 1976.

Pic 4: Oba Oyekan II( then Oba of Lagos) and James Brown at the King's palace in Lagos in 1971. Brown held 5 concerts in Nigeria.

Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Mization(m): 9:38am On May 11, 2015
Pic 1: Nmamdi Azikwe could only converse in Hausa until age 8, when moved to Onisha and became fluent in Igbo and later Yoruba

Pic 2: World first black pilot 1916, Ottoman pilot- Izmirli Alioglu Ahmed's grandmother is from Borno( in present Nigeria)

Pic 3: Vice presidents (including de facto deputy, head os state) of Nigeria.

Pic 4: British troops showing off their precious loot after the Benin (in present day Edo) punitive expendition in 1897

Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by seunlayi(m): 9:39am On May 11, 2015
Mization:
Mization:
Mization:
Mization:
Mization:

what is all this about, where are the Mods?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Twaci(f): 9:43am On May 11, 2015
The Op dey vex! See booking!

Anyways, Nigeria has and will always be a great country despite its drawbacks and faults. I believe our country will still produce more history-makers like these up there (and I hope I'll be part of them).

Either ways...#ILoveMaCountry!
Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Nobody: 9:45am On May 11, 2015
D guy up mization is really madt grin mod abeg any doctor in d house , that guy need gentamicin injection, titanic injection and PSG grin
Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Tapout(m): 9:53am On May 11, 2015
seunlayi:

what is all this about, where are the Mods?

I came here to view a hell lot of pictures, so its possible more pics are yet to be uploaded......#just saying

op no fall my hand o undecided
Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Mization(m): 10:05am On May 11, 2015
Pic 1: Yakubu Gowown as head of state riding with Queen Elizabeth in her carriage in London in June 1973.
Photo credit:Alamy

Pic 2: As an FC Barcelona player, Emmanuel Amuneke once played only three league games in three full seasons

Pic 3: Fela's Father - Rev Isreal Ransome -Kuti was the first president of the Nigeria Union of Teachers

Pic 4: Ibrahim Babangida as head of state riding with Queen Elizabeth in her carriage in London in 1989.
Credit: getty images

Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by princdebola201(m): 10:09am On May 11, 2015
MTN NA BASKARD...!!!!
Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Sparrow13: 10:17am On May 11, 2015
The good old days
Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Mization(m): 10:20am On May 11, 2015
Pic 1: According to Abdul-Jabbar, record 6-time NBA most valuable player (MVP) his ancestors are Yoruba slaves brought to the US.

Pic 2: Lawrence Ebele Jonathan (canoe maker and President Goodluck Jonathan's father) on how he named his son.

Pic 3: Hannah Awolowo was the first to import lace materials and other textiles into Nigeria in th 1950s.

Pic 4: Okotie-Eboh presents US president - John F. Kennedy with gifts (Leopard skin and snake skin bag) 1961
Credit: AP

Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by Mization(m): 10:27am On May 11, 2015
Pic 1: I. Boro was the SUG president of University of Nigeria, Nsukka, when he left school to lead a Niger Delta rebellion.

Pic2: Nigerian athletes await their departing flight in 1?76 from Canada, after boycotting the olympics ( Anti-apartheid action).

Pic 3: Maradona picked for a drug test after his teams's win over Nigeria at USA 94, he tested positive for a banned ephedrine.

Pic 4: Femi Falana, Gani Fawehinmi with Gani's mother -Munirat Fawahinmi velebrate the duo's release from Bauchi Prison in 1996.
Credit:AP

Cc: Lalasticlala

Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by mcquin(m): 10:55am On May 11, 2015
Hi! (like Kolo girls will do on hook-up forums)
Guys be like "hello princess", "hi my love" "baby i've got a big D" (all for girl when jst say 'hi', una try).
Re: Nigeria History In Pictures. by mcquin(m): 10:56am On May 11, 2015
Hi! (like Kolo girls will do on hook-up forums)
Guys be like "hello princess", "hi my love" "baby i've got a big D" (all for girl when jst say 'hi', una try).

*reminiscing old times on mbuzzy*

(1) (Reply)

How Ugandan Idi Amin Treat White Diplomats Back Then / A Grand 10th Remembrance For Stella Obasanjo / Patrick Obahiagbon Reacts To The Current State Of The Nation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.