Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,745 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 PM

I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan (25311 Views)

Major Events And Dates In Nigeria's History (timelines: Pre 1960-2000) / Patience Jonathan: I’m First Lady Because I’m Educated / I’m First President To Create 5,400 Jobs Says Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by ducii: 5:12pm On Feb 10, 2015
President Goodluck Jonathan on Tuesday boasted that his administration is the first in Nigeria’s history to create 5,400 direct jobs for the nation’s unemployed youths.

He said the feat was achieved through the Federal Government’s Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria (YouWin).

Jonathan spoke during the presidential launch of Youth Entrepreneurship Strategy at the old Banquet Hall of the Presidential Villa, Abuja.

The programme was designed to encourage youth employment and self-reliance.

Jonathan also said 2,500 entrepreneurs empowered by his administration had also created an average of nine jobs each therefore bringing the total jobs created to 22,000.

The President said, “This will be the first government in the history of Nigeria that will directly create 5,400 jobs through the YouWin programmes.

“I am also proud to say that the 2,500 entrepreneurs have created an
average of nine jobs each making it a total of 22,000 jobs so far.

“Entrepreneurs are the engine room of the Nigeria’s economy as they are responsible for more than 60 percent of our $510bn Gross Domestic Product and the MSMEs are responsible for almost 98 percent of the new jobs created in our economy on an annual basis.

“The new jobs we are targeting will come from the SMEs.”

Jonathan expressed delight that the success story of his administration’s job creation efforts is impressive and beyond expectation.

The failure rate of the programme, he added, is less than 10 percent.

He said his administration at inception identified unemployment among youths as one of the greatest challenges to tackle.

This, he said, was the reason why his government took numerous steps to tackle the challenge.

He said his administration’s target was to create not less than two million jobs annually.

Minister of Youth Development, Mr. Boni Haruna, had earlier described the programme as private sector-driven initiative that seeks to empower youth.

The Chief Executive Officer of Anabel Group, Mr. Nicholas Okoye, said the present administration had empowered over seven million youths.

Okoye said the figure had surpassed the total of those empowered by previous administrations put together.

“Those who say you (Jonathan) have not done anything for the youth are simply not saying the truth,” he said
Describing all Nigerian problems are subset of employment crisis among the youth, Okoye commended the Federal Government for tackling the challenge headlong.

http://www.punchng.com/news/im-first-to-create-5400-jobs-in-nigerias-history-jonathan/

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by FastShipping: 5:17pm On Feb 10, 2015
Ah! This man deserves to be trounced. How can someone boast of creating 5,400 jobs when there are over 27 Million jobless graduates who have no job or underemployed? Obama has been creating between 230,000-380,000 jobs per month since 2011 summer and many people still think that is not enough and this man is proudly boasting about creating 5,400 jobs in six years. Nigerians never had it this bad before. This is act of cluelessness, wickedness and stupidity.

You must be voted out at all cost.

480 Likes 43 Shares

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by siraj1402(m): 5:24pm On Feb 10, 2015
Clueless indeed.Result from consumption of too much of ogogoro,this man need to go for liver test.

206 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by olamonsor2: 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
And you scam over million Nigerians on immigration recruitment. Dang and cluess man

200 Likes 11 Shares

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Samchelsea(m): 5:27pm On Feb 10, 2015
FastShipping:
Ah! This man deserves to be trounced. How can someone boast of creating 5,400 jobs when there are over 27 Million jobless graduates who have no job or underemployed? Obama has been creating between 230,000-380,000 jobs per month since 2011 summer and many people still think that is not enough and this man is proudly boasting about creating 5,400 jobs in six years. Nigerians never had it this bad before. This is act of cluelessness, wickedness and stupidity.

common sense is not common.....read what is written there carefully before spewing trash
He is making reference to the direct jobs made available to the youths through the YouWin program and this doesn't translate to the total number of jobs created by his administration for the general public

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by ba7man(m): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
If he's so sucessful, why are his campaigns based on smearing Buhari

BTW, The Bank Recapitalization and introduction of GSM still seems to be the most sucessful means of job creation in recent times.

80 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by adioolayi(m): 5:29pm On Feb 10, 2015
cheesy grin cheesy Mr. President is a comedian....don't know which class I go categorize him, Baba sala, Baba suwe, Ajirebi or them osofia, aki, pawpaw abi them basket mouth and the likes grin grin

150 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by psquaret: 5:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
Who be this man self? Hmm there aris God oh and He is watching you. Your days are numbered

44 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by psquaret: 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
adioolayi:
cheesy grin cheesy Mr. President is a comedian....don't know which class I go categorize him, Baba sala, Baba suwe, Ajirebi or them osofia, aki, pawpaw abi them basket mouth and the likes grin grin

Call him baba jona or baba there is God oh

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Horlawoomey(m): 5:32pm On Feb 10, 2015
Oga Jonah weldone clap for yourself......

Pa pa, papapa, God bless you and God bless me.

Kindergarten..............

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by jaybee3(m): 5:33pm On Feb 10, 2015
He created 5K direct jobs and he can even beat chest about that angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

Can someone just cage this mofo once and for all

How exactly will the 5k or 22K create meaningful trickle effect when the % of unemployed graduates is still in the double digits

Only in Nigeria!

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by ofala(m): 5:41pm On Feb 10, 2015
....I think Gov Amaechi employed 13,100 graduates in a swop in his state and I can't remember hearing him talk about it...

Someone from there should furnish us with the details..

....If our President doesn't create enabling environment for job creation; who will? If he created such jobs truly, his reelection campaign would have been made more easier.

Our President is unfortunately so detached from Nigerians despite his modest background....

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by PedroJP(m): 5:43pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hmmm. Folks up, don't go out there and make urselves fools. Read inbetween the lines and understand. Don't go out there and say Jonathan only created 5400 jobs in d entire nation during his administration. A breast sucking baby dat doesn't know anything yet will laff @ u.

And i guessed right. Coming from punch

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by emmysoftyou: 5:49pm On Feb 10, 2015
FastShipping:

wich kind tin yu dey yan so?
Our president said he was the first president in the history of nigeria to create 5,400 jobs in nigeria.
is that not an achievement?

our problems we re suffering now is our past leaders who had failed us frm abi nitio..

At bolded, i need a link or prove.
pls stop lying

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by jaybee3(m): 5:57pm On Feb 10, 2015
PedroJP:
Hmmm. Folks up, don't go out there and make urselves fools. Read inbetween the lines and understand. Don't go out there and say Jonathan only created 5400 jobs in d entire nation during his administration. A breast sucking baby dat doesn't know anything yet will laff @ u
So he created 27.4K jobs (directly/indirectly) in 4 or so years. Is that something to write home about?

30 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by LFJ: 6:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
When you give power to a f.o.ol, you cannot expect anything less. Senior boy of primary school is better than this man that talk without reasoning.
Is it a must to talk when you don't have good message for your people?

34 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Jesusloveyou: 6:25pm On Feb 10, 2015
PedroJP:
Hmmm. Folks up, don't go out there and make urselves fools. Read inbetween the lines and understand. Don't go out there and say Jonathan only created 5400 jobs in d entire nation during his administration. A breast sucking baby dat doesn't know anything yet will laff @ u.

And i guessed right. Coming from punch
which line wil they read again,o.k d line that said 7 million job in a year,common go and hide ur face.u are even more clueless than d clueless madman with lighter in petrol station.

23 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by alaoeri: 6:30pm On Feb 10, 2015
After normal 4years all he can boost of is mere 5,400 jobs in a country like Nigeria what a shame, what is the ratio of 5,400 to the number of youths that have graduated under his watch & still jobless? With this i can safely say Jona has admitted that he is a failure.

19 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Nobody: 6:47pm On Feb 10, 2015
Well, my president is cluelessness in making. This is no news to me! Don't expect anything wiser from him.

17 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by hazyfm1: 7:04pm On Feb 10, 2015
haba

is this man okay?

14 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by lilbazy(m): 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
Nawa for this country o,some of those youths above me,there papa send them go school na valentine,birthday party,runz girls,cultism dem go do,dem pass out with 3rd class dem no blame themselves,na jonathan dem dey blame.any small thing na "clueless"Jonathan"drunkard" these man wey una dey curse don acheive wetin nobody for una family don acheive and still yet you dey call am clueless...think well,na you be the clueless.

6 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Nobody: 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
undecided

HOW MANY DEATHS DID YOU CREATE THOUGH BOKO HARAM

HOW MANY ILLEGAL BILLIONAIRES DID YOU CREATE

HOW MANY THIEVES DID YOU PARDON

HOW MANY SECOND NIGER BRIGDE HAVE YOU BUILT

HOW MANY EMPTY PROMISES HAVE YOU
FULFILLED

HOW MANY ROGUES ARE ACTING AS YOUR SPOKESMAN

HAVE YOU AGREED THAT STEALING IS SYNONYMOUS TO CORRUPTION

CLUELESS MONK undecided

#march4buhari

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by lacasa: 7:05pm On Feb 10, 2015
I don't blame him

Only in Nigeria!

*smh*

16 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by elantraceey(f): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
Just 5,400 for a population over millions and you're happy and you think that's a great achievement shocked shocked

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Blueboy146(m): 7:06pm On Feb 10, 2015
Ok
Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by bizhub: 7:07pm On Feb 10, 2015
NAIRABET

About a week ago, we opened the bets on for
members to bet on who they believe will win the presidential
election between, Jonathan, Buhari and the rest.

Click https://www./bets/category/3/15335/1 to
see.

Because there are lots of Buhari fans online and all the noise
of change, we thought many people will back the General.

But funny enough, very few people bet on Buhari. Most people
have been putting money on GEJ despite having smaller odds.

What we don't understand is if there are no Buhari fans on
or dem no get liver.

Where do you stand? Back it up with money.

https://www./bets/category/3/15335/1

If you want to bet on it in the shops, tell the cashier the code
is 1847.

NairaBET Admin
https://www./bets/category/3/15335/1

5 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by tundeayo2020: 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
hmm nothing much to say

space for

sale

still interested contact the management of Nairaland
Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Pangea: 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
grin

Dumb and dumber !

5 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Koroaso: 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
"YOU ARE ALSO THE FIRST TO SAY STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION"
"YOU ARE THE FIRST TO SET UP ONE MILION USELESS COMMITTEES"
"YOU ARE THE MOST CORRUPT,CLUELESS,INFANTILE,DORORETARD PRESIDENT NIGERIA HAS EVER HAD"

The slayer of corruption.
The terrorizer of looters.
The defender of the masses.
The no-nonsense general.
The general feared and respected by other generals.
The most popular man in Nigeria.
The political enigma.
The only man who has been minister of petroleum and PTF chief with no skeleton in the cupboard.
The man who shall be king without bowing to man cos he bows to God.
The fear of political riggers.

The only politician who can get millions without renting a crowd.
The man with a cult-like followership.

The persistent one!
PDP's worst nightmare.

All welcome Nigeria's incoming president
President Muhammadu Buhari. GCFR

NIGERIANS WANT GMB/PYO 2015

ASARI DOKUBO/TOMPOLO/OBANIKORO/FAYOSE/SHEKAU/BOKO HARAM WANT GEJ 2015

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Optional2(f): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Hey 4 were u do dat one

Papa Jona No Lie ooooooo
Lie no good 4 u oooooooo

Abeg na how many of una dy here wey get dis Job wey Papa Jona dy talk abt

4 Likes

Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Shinelle(f): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Welcome Development......
Re: I’m First To Create 5,400 Jobs In Nigeria’s History – Jonathan by Whizzdom(m): 7:08pm On Feb 10, 2015
Really .... Like seriously?? JONATHAN

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Don’t Give Igbos Biafra, Dahiru Bauchi Tells FG / PDP Tells Mai Buni To Resign / Senators Under Threat Over Jeeps, Don’t Bring Them Home, Constituents Warn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.