Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (129046 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by CarolineOlawale(f): 6:55pm On Mar 20, 2017
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by nonxo007(m): 4:54am On Mar 21, 2017
princecharles100:
Is very unfortunately that some of you guys are saying such a thing to a country that makes me what I am today,,, yes,, I can agree with you that Nigeria had a bad image,, but men,, not all Nigeria are in drugs or 419, honestly I was into that before, but I found out that is not the kind of life I really wanted,, running from the police 24/7,,standing in the street like a lost goats,, can you expect a South African to like you if you are into such nonsense bru,, am not into that anymore and believe me am dealing my business with the black and white here,, and honestly am really having the best of my time here,, so please you people can not just come here and commenting nonsense about this country,, now am making plans getting my my two sisters here,, the jobs are waiting for them as am commenting now,, if you really want to come here,, forget about hanging around with the Nigerian bad boys,, find someone that is doing something good for a living,, there's a lot of good and honest Nigerian here,,,
Sir is it still advicable to relocate now?? And is Durban a good place to stay? I'm into IT, is it a viable opportunity over there Thanks
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 6:36am On Mar 21, 2017
nonxo007:

Sir is it still advicable to relocate now?? And is Durban a good place to stay? I'm into IT, is it a viable opportunity over there Thanks
A very good morning to you,, Durban,,,, is such a lovely place to be, with a very high populations of the white,, and is also one of the country's tourist destination,, from my personal point of view, there's lots of opportunities in that city,, just try the best you can to keep away from our home guys,, good luck

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by nonxo007(m): 8:27am On Mar 22, 2017
princecharles100:
A very good morning to you,, Durban,,,, is such a lovely place to be, with a very high populations of the white,, and is also one of the country's tourist destination,, from my personal point of view, there's lots of opportunities in that city,, just try the best you can to keep away from our home guys,, good luck
Thanks alot for the advice, I really appreciate, hope to see u someday in SA
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 22, 2017
You welcome dear
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by aamstih: 9:01am On Mar 31, 2017
Pls are you in Pretoria?

princecharles100:
You welcome dear
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Saphiire: 6:28pm On Apr 02, 2017
samtol4:
750k is about 32krand . Not less

Hey Sam.

Can you please link me with someone who I can give naira here in Lagos and in turn get rands into a south african account.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 8:11pm On Apr 02, 2017
Saphiire:

Hey Sam.

Can you please link me with someone who I can give naira here in Lagos and in turn get rands into a south african account.
I replied your message on mail . i have Rand
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Redman36(m): 2:52pm On Apr 03, 2017
ucheokpara100:
this thread will be question and answer thread, i will alwys make time to reply questions mind you iam not too good in english.
iam not here to connect people abroad or do visa for any one because iam not in position to do that.
iam not here to ask for money or any assistance.
iam here to answer and tell my people/nairalanders any thing they want to know, from the life our people are living in the street of south africa to the top, to the secret no one will tell u about south africa to the hustling and how everything look here to different between here and nigeria to the reason why u havn't seen many of your brothers who are here for years.
all depend on what u want to hear just ask anything. this thread is like asking a nairalander or a brother how things are here before you decide to come here.
i will only answer questions i wont tell any one anything on my own.
thread OPEN!
do they employ professional welders

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Duchessitua: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2017
OK. . . good morning. . . my name is happiness Ayomide, I am a bachelor degree holder in linguistics (English major), don't know if it will be possible getting a teaching job in a primary school in Durban; I have more three years experience in teaching children both secondary and primary. Can you please assist me?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Duchessitua: 11:35am On Jun 30, 2017
Redman36:
do they employ professional welders
OK. . . good morning. . . my name is happiness Ayomide, I am a bachelor degree holder in linguistics (English major), don't know if it will be possible getting a teaching job in a primary school in Durban; I have more three years experience in teaching children both secondary and primary. Can you please assist me?

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by danshy: 4:14pm On Aug 04, 2017
Rands for sale at 30Naira/rand. PM for info/negotiation
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by sekhukhuneBoy: 11:56pm On Sep 04, 2017
Duchessitua:

Yes, get your qualification rated by SAQA first http://www.saqa.org.za/ then I can help and hook you up with teaching posts when I see them so you can apply.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by sekhukhuneBoy: 12:06am On Sep 05, 2017
empron:
Pls op,I want to ask if there is any job prospect for automobile diagnostic technician and key programming.I wish to work on my own(self employed) Thanks

In SA if you can start your own company people will support you fully. But also if you want to work for someone and you are qualified it is easy to find that job...here are well known companies that hire you:
http://www.bosch.co.za/content/language1/html/2537.htm
http://www.carservicecity.net/
https://carcareclinic.co.za/
..and all car brands have their own workshops all over the cities. VW, BMW, MERC, Peugeout, etc

3 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by cutieme(m): 3:49pm On Sep 05, 2017
sekhukhuneBoy:

Yes, get your qualification rated by SAQA first http://www.saqa.org.za/ then I can help and hook you up with teaching posts when I see them so you can apply.
please how do we do this?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by prodam(m): 11:07am On Oct 06, 2017
Hi Guys,

Here I am again, Africa's Roving Son.

I am going on a tour and research program in SA.

is 5000Rands enough to cater for feeding and basic needs monthly.

Thanks.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by oxprince2(m): 12:08pm On Oct 11, 2017
Am a GSM software engineer in Abia precisely.......
I have a friend in Durban South Africa......
Which am preparing to relocate there too....
Can I run a GSM software work over there.....
Can it be profitable over there.?

Like unlocking of all phones
Software Update of all phones
Etc... Can I make it big with this job?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by oxprince2(m): 12:26pm On Oct 11, 2017
Am a GSM software engineer in Abia precisely.......
I have a friend in Durban South Africa......
Which am preparing to relocate there too....
Can I run a GSM software work over there.....
Can it be profitable over there.?

Like unlocking of all phones
Software Update of all phones
Etc... Can I make it big with this job?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by cabal77: 6:33am On Oct 19, 2017
Good day bro. Good to hear some good things about SA. Actually there's hope for some intenders with legit intentions. I have never given sa a chance. Just bcs of what our nigeria ppl have destroy other ppl country. And yet they wants to receive a hug from them. I have a white friend a local. Who has always wanted me to come over. I would like to know how viable and good is setting up a restaurant for our local dishes/Nigeria foods. And again I hope the image of nigeria will not affect the biz. Pls kindly pm me on bouksglobalventures@gmail.com. I hope to read your email. Thank you and God bless.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by MISTAICEY02288(m): 11:24pm On Oct 30, 2017
Hello there. Pleasei wanna know how possible it is for someone going to SA on a visit visa to apply for residence permit after after arriving SA. Thanks
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by hugokeyz: 1:53am On Jan 23, 2018
Hello sir..thanks and God bless you on this idea you brought up.please I wanna ask how much us ticket from lag to SA.

And also i m into music so I met a SA lady who's willing to help me come over there to better my life after explaining my hustle here after graduating year 2015 without a job. She's a nice woman with kids.now do you suggest I take the opportunity. pls here's my contact 08136301729 or ugooyiogu@gmail.com let's talk more .thanks and God bless.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by infofta(m): 7:12am On Jan 23, 2018
hugokeyz:
Hello sir..thanks and God bless you on this idea you brought up.please I wanna ask how much us ticket from lag to SA.

And also i m into music so I met a SA lady who's willing to help me come over there to better my life after explaining my hustle here after graduating year 2015 without a job. She's a nice woman with kids.now do you suggest I take the opportunity. pls here's my contact 08136301729 or ugooyiogu@gmail.com let's talk more .thanks and God bless.

You should have something doing to meet your living expenses while you work on your music business. Paying for accommodation in SA is a necessity.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by hugokeyz: 9:38am On Jan 23, 2018
infofta:

You should have something doing to meet your living expenses while you work on your music business. Paying for accommodation in SA is a necessity.
Yes your right...the lady promised to get me something doing and also earn through music in SA..I also asked abt where to stay over there, she said she'll work on that that I should just get my ticket first.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by PastorMikenwab: 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2018
Uche can I talk to you through mail or WhatsApp? My num is 0816626991, my mail is: o.n.progeny@gmail.com
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by mavrom8: 1:58pm On Feb 09, 2018
Hello, I am a degree holder in mechanical engineering and I want to know how possible it is to run a master's program over there and the possibilities of securing a job after studies. Thanks
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by everyevery: 6:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
I wish to apply for msc this 2018, I have bsc in computer science, pls which affordable university can a apply for.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 7:30pm On Feb 10, 2018
everyevery:
I wish to apply for msc this 2018, I have bsc in computer science, pls which affordable university can a apply for.
computer science is a noble course . The schools like wits and Up,Capetown university which people tagged expensive have much scholarship . Why not evaluate your docs first .
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 7:33pm On Feb 10, 2018
mavrom8:
Hello, I am a degree holder in mechanical engineering and I want to know how possible it is to run a master's program over there and the possibilities of securing a job after studies. Thanks
It is easy but not automatic . Check schools like dut, Up ,wits and Capetown
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by hugokeyz: 6:36pm On Feb 19, 2018
infofta:

yes your right sir...pls I'll like you to send me yr WhatsApp numb so we can talk at length..I need to kW more abt SA..thanks sir and God bless
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Cheese22: 1:03pm On May 12, 2018
, if you really want to come here,, forget about hanging around with the Nigerian bad boys,, find someone that is doing something good for a living,, there's a lot of good and honest Nigerian here,,, [/qu

How Can We Get A Good And Honest Nigeria To Help In SA, because Am Planing Coming Over By Gods Grace Or Can U Be Of Little Help?

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 1:24am On May 14, 2018
Cheese22:
, if you really want to come here,, forget about hanging around with the Nigerian bad boys,, find someone that is doing something good for a living,, there's a lot of good and honest Nigerian here,,, [/qu

How Can We Get A Good And Honest Nigeria To Help In SA, because Am Planing Coming Over By Gods Grace Or Can U Be Of Little Help?
What kind of help do you want /need ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (Reply)

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.