Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:31 AM

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK (57272 Views)

Before Applying Or Coming To The Uk For Studies: Beware Of This / Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / Photos Of Nigerians Who Were Deported From The UK Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by EndtimeBlessing: 12:40am On Jun 14, 2015
1) In comparison to the US, Canada and Australia; UK is the easiest country to get University admission and procure Visa.

2) A Masters Degree in the UK is quicker or faster to get - it is 1 year while those of US, Canada and Australia are often over 1 year.

3) Make sure you have money for at least 1 year tuition fee. Although you will be allowed to do 20 hours of work per week, the money you will make from this will only take care of your expenses or part of it. If you rely on it to pay first year tuition, it may not work. You can get subsequent session’s tuition fee or part of it by working hard during the summer holidays when you are allowed to work full time.

4) You are expected to return back to your country after completing your studies, except you are offered a job by a UK employer. This is very difficult to get because there are laws tying the hands of the employers from employing non EU immigrants. If you must come, never resign your job in Nigeria if you have one.

5) Having an additional skill like hair barbing, hair weaving for girls, web design, web marketing, etc may put some extra money into your pocket if you know how to market yourself but this is not guaranteed.

In conclusion, conduct an extensive research on what to expect academically, financially and generally before taking the step. This will enable you to hit the ground running and know what to do after you finish your studies.

107 Likes 13 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Lolaabokoku(f): 12:54am On Jun 14, 2015
Issorite

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 14, 2015
Seconded
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by bikerboy1(m): 8:09am On Jun 14, 2015
I think this applies to most of the European countries, not just UK, America or Australia.

Good information.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by EndtimeBlessing: 8:50am On Jun 14, 2015
Thanks for adding this.
bikerboy1:
I think this applies to most of the European countries, not just UK, America or Australia.

Good information.

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by uromicom: 10:20am On Jun 14, 2015
naija is better

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by LordMecuzy(m): 10:22am On Jun 14, 2015
cool
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by modupe2: 10:23am On Jun 14, 2015
Thanks
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:24am On Jun 14, 2015
Coming soon @ OP, pls kip room down for me No time I want to leave dis country for Buhari and d likes of midolian(apc thugs) Dey wanna use "change" to spoil ma ear drum

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by donklint86: 10:24am On Jun 14, 2015
Thanks for the info
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by lighternote: 10:25am On Jun 14, 2015
Provided their is no PSW, going to study in the UK is arrant nonsense to me. So where do they expect me to get hands on experience of what I was taught in their system After collecting exorbitant international tuition. Selfish people angry

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 14, 2015
Nice tips...I need more input
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by mysticdollar(f): 10:26am On Jun 14, 2015
Ooooohhhhh okay
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by younghartz(m): 10:26am On Jun 14, 2015
That's why I love my country nigeria
You can do somethings and still survive

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by denedene(m): 10:27am On Jun 14, 2015
i want to study my masters in the uk but can't seem to find a low tuition university.
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by freshvine(f): 10:28am On Jun 14, 2015
How much on the average will it cost to do a master program in the UK and will they also honor Bsc from a Nigerian university
Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by laplace19(m): 10:29am On Jun 14, 2015
I still prefer Canada to Uk.

16 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by golddust6000(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2015
Why would i study my masters in UK, where Germany tuition is free and the teaching are all in English, best is EUROPE.

22 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2015
freshvine:
How much on the average will it cost to do a master program in the UK and will they also honor Bsc from a Nigerian university

Average of £9500 and yes they will accept Bsc from Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by ihatebuhari(f): 10:30am On Jun 14, 2015
Lies.

I'm here

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by folabayo1(f): 10:32am On Jun 14, 2015
Then I will go to swahili to study angry

Canada will be my 2nd choice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by penn2(m): 10:32am On Jun 14, 2015
hello usa is still the best place to go for masters...what is the use u wil b schooling doing ur masters and u wunt be working ,hey that is grab i did my masters in usa california UCSD and now my phd in U.T texaz and since 20011 that i landed in usa after 3months i gat my fucking work visa and i am doing good finaciallyy so stop hyping uk...if you have been dere sAY THE ruth dnt dcv pple here

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by midolian(m): 10:32am On Jun 14, 2015
OREMUSSANCTUS:
Coming soon
@ OP, pls kip room down for me
No time
I want to leave dis country for Buhari and d likes of midolian(apc thugs)
Dey wanna use "change" to spoil ma ear drum
loooool cheesy cheesy cheesy

Abeg leave this country for us. Na una dey spoil this country

12 Likes

Re: 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK by justwise(m): 10:33am On Jun 14, 2015
golddust6000:
Why will i study my masters in UK, where Germany tuition is free and the teaching are all in English, best is EUROPE IN EUROPE.

That is not true, not all, just some.

Yes free tuition fee but you still need to have 8000 euro in blocked account and pay monthly insurance.

10 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Cows Block Road In Abuja, Disrupt Vehicular Movement (pics) / Check Out The Border Between Niger And Nigeria / Ship Loses Control Like "Plane Crash" In Italy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.