Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,016 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (128960 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by olusegunthomas(m): 1:49am On Jan 04, 2017
Pls I just need info cus I got the visiting visa alrdy.... I want to ask if some1 into building stuff can get work over there, I mean like roofer why am asking is that I check online about the nature of my job and I see more company doing it.... and u said earlier pple with handwork can still manage... pls guru shuld advice me
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 9:00am On Jan 06, 2017
olusegunthomas:
Pls I just need info cus I got the visiting visa alrdy.... I want to ask if some1 into building stuff can get work over there, I mean like roofer why am asking is that I check online about the nature of my job and I see more company doing it.... and u said earlier pple with handwork can still manage... pls guru shuld advice me
Visit and go back . visitor visa won't get you job and no one will apply you .Go back and apply for critical permit once you get to Nigeria . You can't change status in Sa
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 9:03am On Jan 06, 2017
temitope06:
Pls are there opportunities after a PhD in SA? I'm thinking of starting my PHD in SA next year but I'm unsure of opportunities after and how easy it is to get a permanent residency after. Thanks
There are opportunities depending on your field of study .
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by asitis752: 10:21pm On Jan 06, 2017
dote author=ucheokpara100 post=51161182]they usually follow up if they are not convinced with your answers, if they are convince no problem if they are not convince they 'll follow up and proove to you that you are lieing hope you are clearified.[/quote]what kind of visa did you enter south Africa with? Did you at any time have problems with immigration?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by empron(m): 4:54am On Jan 07, 2017
Pls op,I want to ask if there is any job prospect for automobile diagnostic technician and key programming.I wish to work on my own(self employed) Thanks
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ololo12: 10:32am On Jan 08, 2017
750k really That's less than 25k rands. Don't bother coming bro

ucheokpara100:
with such amount i think u will be fine, i 'll advice u or ur girl one should learn saloon work like hair making or barbing so tht u 'll buy saloon with tht money and survive while u do 6 months programme here then geting a job wont be a problem.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by justwise(m): 11:51am On Jan 08, 2017
@mokane28

Please no more sham marriage question from you in this section.

Thank you.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 11:51am On Jan 08, 2017
750k is about 32krand . Not less
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 11:55am On Jan 08, 2017
empron:
Pls op,I want to ask if there is any job prospect for automobile diagnostic technician and key programming.I wish to work on my own(self employed) Thanks
Yes very high prospect but ensure you have work permit from Nigeria before coming . 2. You may work few months with a company before starting yours to gain pple trust .
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by royalkonsults(m): 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2017
pls how is life in Unizulu, just got admission can I get jobs to support
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by samtol4(m): 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
royalkonsults:
pls how is life in Unizulu, just got admission
can I get jobs to support
what is your discipline ? What kind of work ?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by royalkonsults(m): 8:54am On Jan 15, 2017
samtol4:
l
Education: PhD curriculum and instructions
any work to sustain body and soul
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by TemmyDavies(m): 12:26pm On Jan 16, 2017
samtol4:

Hello please, how much rands would be enough for a visitor for 2-3weeks max, would be staying in Jo'burg but would be visiting Pretoria maybe twice or thrice,,no shopping really or going to cinemas,strictly conference.

Seems hotels are cheaper in Jo'burg than in Pretoria.

Pretoria would have been better as the organization I am visiting is in Pretoria but I would be taking care of my expenses myself,soi am thinking of booking an hotel in Jo'burg, but would pay from Nigeria,so anyone with an idea, also considering the transport fare to pretoria for 2-3times I would be visiting.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by hadexman(m): 6:59pm On Jan 16, 2017
I think you should bring as much money as you can. From the way you sound, it's like you coming with a tourist visa. Has a tourist you just have to carry as much money as you can to enjoy your stay. Secondly, what do you mean you will be paying from Nigeria?

TemmyDavies:

Hello please, how much rands would be enough for a visitor for 2-3weeks max, would be staying in Jo'burg but would be visiting Pretoria maybe twice or thrice,,no shopping really or going to cinemas,strictly conference.

Seems hotels are cheaper in Jo'burg than in Pretoria.

Pretoria would have been better as the organization I am visiting is in Pretoria but I would be taking care of my expenses myself,soi am thinking of booking an hotel in Jo'burg, but would pay from Nigeria,so anyone with an idea, also considering the transport fare to pretoria for 2-3times I would be visiting.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by TemmyDavies(m): 11:33pm On Jan 16, 2017
hadexman:
I think you should bring as much money as you can. From the way you sound, it's like you coming with a tourist visa. Has a tourist you just have to carry as much money as you can to enjoy your stay. Secondly, what do you mean you will be paying from Nigeria?

I mean for the hotel fee from Nigeria, if only they would deduct from my account if i push in my ATM card details.
Lol Oga I don't want to enjoy the stay that would make me burn money, I still have other places to visit, the conference Is a max of 3 days thing,but its not at a stretch, would be spending most of my free time indoor,coming strictly for the conference no time for big boy flaunting.
Would 3,500 rands be enough for 2 weeks, I have visited Gautrain.com to check the train fares from Jo'burg to Pretoria, and its pretty reasonable
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by rawe45: 7:02pm On Jan 17, 2017
ucheokpara100:
you can only do that within 30 days when you arrive here, after 30 days if you dont do it you wont do it again unless you go back and come again.

Bro, how easy is this within the 30 days?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by hadexman(m): 11:22am On Jan 18, 2017
You should be fine with R5000 but i still insist you carry as much money as you can for your own peace of mind and if you don't need it you can leave the Dollar unchanged Abi!

Secondly, your Nigerian ATM card won't work here unless you have made prior arrangement with your bank so please be safe!

TemmyDavies:

I mean for the hotel fee from Nigeria, if only they would deduct from my account if i push in my ATM card details.
Lol Oga I don't want to enjoy the stay that would make me burn money, I still have other places to visit, the conference Is a max of 3 days thing,but its not at a stretch, would be spending most of my free time indoor,coming strictly for the conference no time for big boy flaunting.
Would 3,500 rands be enough for 2 weeks, I have visited Gautrain.com to check the train fares from Jo'burg to Pretoria, and its pretty reasonable

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by LEMVEG(m): 4:12pm On Jan 18, 2017
hadexman:
You should be fine with R5000 but i still insist you carry as much money as you can for your own peace of mind and if you don't need it you can leave the Dollar unchanged Abi!

Secondly, your Nigerian ATM card won't work here unless you have made prior arrangement with your bank so please be safe!

go to bookings dot com. bruno comfort suite is owned by a nigerian. you can pay in nigeria just call the number you find there. im currently in joburg managing it from here
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ZTEN(m): 4:32pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hi OP pls how much will it cost me to secure the SA visa and more so I will be school and working... Pls advice on this asap.. Thanks
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by FX(m): 3:47am On Jan 25, 2017
Hello Uche Okpara please what kind of Visa did you travel with? I'm planning of relocating to South Africa with my wife to start a business and live there. Please what kind of Visa should we apply for
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by MotunrayoA: 12:52am On Jan 31, 2017
staggerlee:
I live in SA and a permanent resident permit holder, with an SA I.D' i was in the US last week for a conference when my south african colleague who is married to a Nigerian man pointed out this thread to me, and i was so ashamed to be a Nigerian. Some pieces of advise that i read here was alarming, someone said, people should marry a south african and get a visa to live in SA, why the heck will you marry just because of a visa.

The only reason to come to SA is to come and study or you have critical skill so you can impact SA's ailling economy positively. Study in any of the STEM courses. Dont just come here on any yeye visa and become illegal. We need to restore pride into our nation nigeria. Believe me, if you dont have critical skills now in SA, if u like marry Zumas daughter you cant get a valid permit, unless u have R5m to start a business so that you can get a business visa. Your visitor's visa cannot be converted to any kind of visa. We have a lot of Nigerians here that are loafing the streets of Jozi laundering our image, pls dont come and add to it.

Hi you seem to be very conversant with the laws and all. I am currently looking at the possibility going to beauty school in SA. I am already a makeup artist and i would like to learn more things and expand my knowledge. I think the duration is about a year, I just wanted to ask, is there a minimum length of time i have to have been in Sa on a study visa before i am eligible for a work visa? or do I just have to graduate from a school there? and what is the process?
also do their study visas allow me work while im there to support myself?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by nonxo007(m): 3:57pm On Feb 01, 2017
ucheokpara100:
but the way the city is no one will like to leave willing, every where arranged and neat, flowers planted every where, when i was in nigeria i never imagined their is a place like this. from 6 storey building to 18 every where well arranged, lift will take you from down to your room. rich and poor stay together
bro I love your post and honesty, I'll be coming to SA by next month, can I get your contact so we can see when I get there And is Durban a nice place for business ??
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by pat077: 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2017
samuelUMOH:
There are many short courses here in SA .Google short courses in Mech Eng you will be amazed ,however why not try masters this will give you an edge .
do they accept HND for masters?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Saphiire: 4:21pm On Feb 02, 2017
What part of south Africa do you live in?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 8:48pm On Feb 16, 2017
Hey guys,, the topic is interesting cus I stays here in South Africa and have seen the bad and sweet part of it all,,, am a street guy,, spend times in jail, sleep in the streets, men, I have seen it all,, but the good things about South Africa is this,, is a country of opportunities,,, you can easily make money here,, I remember these days when am homeless,, going through a hard times,, no Nigerian is willing to help, honestly my home boys can be wicked,, will continue tomorrow guys,,, don't lose hope,,,,

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by cutieme(m): 9:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
@princecharles your story is your testimony o but how can one get a resident permit if one comes with a three month visiting visa?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Thecassanova: 9:33pm On Feb 16, 2017
@princecharles where do u base in SA?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 6:26am On Feb 17, 2017
Good morning bru,,, I stays around the East Rand, Boksburg, sixty percent of population here is white,, a place low in crime.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by cutieme(m): 8:12am On Feb 17, 2017
@princecharles,which province is that east rand boksburg?Also is it a place one can run or set up a restaurant business?Am waiting for your answer bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (Reply)

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.