Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:41 AM

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA (128961 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / 5 Things You Should Considered Before Coming To Study In The UK / Xenophobia: View Of A Nigerian Living In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 11:09pm On May 11, 2015
moski5:

how can one get a permit n for how long
Nb is it renewable?
get visa first when u arrive here submit ur documents for permit thy may giv u between 2 to 4 years when it expires u 'll renew it.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by OneNaira6: 11:12pm On May 11, 2015
ucheokpara100:
iam not competing with u evenif u work with obama and i sweep street it doesnt make any difference as long as iam happy with it.

I'm not competing you. I'm trying to open your eyes. Dude is best to go to another african nation and do what you do for a living if you don't want to return to Nigeria. There are several African nations you can go and rebuild. Staying in SA is counting down the days you'll live. I'm sorry but that is the truth. That country is not safe for African. Idk why you came in defense just because I asked you a question in the beginning like as if I'm arguing with you.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 11:16pm On May 11, 2015
OneNaira6:

I'm not competing you. I'm trying to open your eyes. Dude is best to go to another african nation and do what you do for a living if you don't want to return to Nigeria. There are several African nations you can go and rebuild. Staying in SA is counting down the days you'll live. I'm sorry but that is the truth. That country is not safe for African. Idk why you came in defense just because I asked you a question in the beginning like as if I'm arguing with you.
but u are supose to bring this kind of advice when i 've ask for help or cried out that my life is in danger na.

25 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by REMMEI(m): 11:24pm On May 11, 2015
OneNaira6:

Are you seriously comparing Ferguson and co to xenophobia? For real? No doubt that police brutality to the black community is a problem. But let's come of it, the police are not going around looking for black people to harass, beat up and kill nor are the amount of blacks killed or physically harmed as high as the amount of foreigners killed in SA in just one week. South Africans or rather Zulus are deliberately seeking foreigners out. We've watched videos of them physically killing many foreigners the most inhumane way possible without any kind of remorse whatsoever. We've heard and seen that some of their police supports the act and actually look the other way or laughing when they witness such. Let's come off and embrace the truth. What SA are doing is not in comparison to what's happening in USA or any other western or even African nation, excluding Nigeria. Lets stop all this comparison to west just because SA is an African nation. Let's tell ourselves the truth. The dude life is in danger whether we, himself included, like to accept it or not. This is not the first time SA went on a xenophobic killing spree and I highly doubt this will be the last. It's best for other Africans to leave that nation for them. Even if the guy does not want to return back to Nigeria, I don't blame him, I don't want to either but there are several African nations he can go and rebuild without looking over his shoulder everyday if this is today they will come for him just because he's a foreigner. If he was in middle east, would you be comparing what is happening to west? No. Rather you'll be asking the guy wtf is he doing in a terrorist infested region or wondering if he's safe with the increasing number of ISIS activity happening over there.

Who be this guy?..

Ok.. we don know say you dey USA and you sabi type long epistle.. can you just let your thumb rest.. stop trying hard to sound intelligent please..

33 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by REMMEI(m): 11:27pm On May 11, 2015
OneNaira6:

E be like say na yu give am the money wey him take travel go SA.. he no go mind if you send am another one.. mtchewww

See as him dey talk sef.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by REMMEI(m): 11:29pm On May 11, 2015
ucheokpara100:
but u are supose to bring this kind of advice when i 've ask for help or cried out that my life is in danger na.

No mind the hypocrite jare.. bad belle is allowed... we know him kind.. leave am biko.. between Op.. nice thread you've got here.. God go continue to dey bless your hustle.

12 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by ucheokpara100(m): 11:42pm On May 11, 2015
REMMEI:

No mind the hypocrite jare.. bad belle is allowed... we know him kind.. leave am biko.. between Op.. nice thread you've got here.. God go continue to dey bless your hustle.
thank u all i really appreciate, i wnt to sleep now tomorow i will be at the shop cant reply. God bless you all.

10 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by MRBrownJ: 11:42pm On May 11, 2015
PAINGAIN:
let me help that guy cus I also live in joburg. First and foremost d xenophobia attacks happened in places they call locations/townships or basically slums. Nigerians don't live in those slums no matter how koboless they r bcus that's where the worst of the worst in SA live. Some of these slums r pretty close to d highbrow areas. Zimbabweans,malawians stay in those kind of places. FYI those slums r like 5percent of joburg and these attacks on foreigners always happen in such places. Coming to d issue of nigerians and drugs, yes nigerians r seen as drug dealers but if u r not dealing on drugs then u have nothing to worry about, no one will discrimate against u. Eg, I sell cars, I go to auctions or places they sell accident damage cars, I buy one or two cars, fix them up and sell them. Sometimes in a month I sell upto 4 to 5 cars. A lot of nigerians,cameroonians r into that business too. I also do interpretation in law courts here in SA. Basically I am working for d government in a job that no south african can do. There r a lot of nigerians here doing real business, some r realtors, some r into importation,some have restaurants, some run night clubs, some have bottle shops, some r mechanics(if u r a mechanic come to SA,it pays). Bottomline is, if u r not into drugs bizness and u have ur permit, u have absolutely nothing to worry about.

at last, yeah i have heard about this God forsaken place called Highbrow. but ALL countries around the world have such places. so you mean to say, Nigerians that are desperate or ended up in the streets in SA dont even dream of going to live there?!

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by OneNaira6: 11:46pm On May 11, 2015
ucheokpara100:

Nwoke do you. Similar to the Igbos up north, the same way I'm going to do with you igbos on SA, stop caring. Whatever they do to you people, na you people brought it upon yourselves. Enjoy your SA.

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by REMMEI(m): 11:54pm On May 11, 2015
OneNaira6:

Was I talking to your idiotic sef. Did I mention you? Attention seeking mofo. You've been noticed now swerve and go play in traffic. Ewu

For your eyes now.. you sabi curse and abuse person abi?.. e be like say you inhale your gf menses huh.. undecided

Don't make me have your time.. it could be devastating..

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 12:19am On May 12, 2015
OneNaira6:

Are you seriously comparing Ferguson and co to xenophobia? For real? No doubt that police brutality to the black community is a problem. But let's come of it, the police are not going around looking for black people to harass, beat up and kill nor are the amount of blacks killed or physically harmed as high as the amount of foreigners killed in SA in just one week. South Africans or rather Zulus are deliberately seeking foreigners out. We've watched videos of them physically killing many foreigners the most inhumane way possible without any kind of remorse whatsoever. We've heard and seen that some of their police supports the act and actually look the other way or laughing when they witness such. Let's come off and embrace the truth. What SA are doing is not in comparison to what's happening in USA or any other western or even African nation, excluding Nigeria. Lets stop all this comparison to west just because SA is an African nation. Let's tell ourselves the truth. The dude life is in danger whether we, himself included, like to accept it or not. This is not the first time SA went on a xenophobic killing spree and I highly doubt this will be the last. It's best for other Africans to leave that nation for them. Even if the guy does not want to return back to Nigeria, I don't blame him, I don't want to either but there are several African nations he can go and rebuild without looking over his shoulder everyday if this is today they will come for him just because he's a foreigner. If he was in middle east, would you be comparing what is happening to west? No. Rather you'll be asking the guy wtf is he doing in a terrorist infested region or wondering if he's safe with the increasing number of ISIS activity happening over there.

You missed the point again and your lengthy essay remains an unneccesary digression from the Issue In question.

The OP has explained to u in clear terms that xenophobic attacks going on in some places in SA is restricted to some areas and not in all states in SA and that he is also safe were he is but u chose not to accept that and went ahead making generalized comments as if you domicile over there in SA and now know more than someone residing there.

He even gave u an example of what is happening back home in Nigeria were there have been several killings of fellow Nigerians residing in the north but that does not indicate that every part of Nigeria is experiencing such ungodly killings but u failed to follow such line of rational reasoning and sounded as if USA was immuned from societal issues simply because u domicile over there which prompted me to remind u of resent events in the same united sates but I am not generalizing the crises unlike u.

Im gonna say to u again and again that every country has its own problems.

We are not here to compare crisis going on all over the world ok!

28 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 12:27am On May 12, 2015
ucheokpara100:

I tire oooo

5 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by REMMEI(m): 12:29am On May 12, 2015
byrron:

You missed the point again and your lengthy essay remains an unneccesary digression from the Issue In question.

The OP has explained to u in clear terms that xenophobic attacks going on in some places in SA is restricted to some areas and not in all states in SA and that he is also safe were he is but u chose not to accept that and went ahead making generalized comments as if you domicile over there in SA and now know more than someone residing there.

He even gave u an example of what is happening back home in Nigeria were there have been several killings of fellow Nigerians residing in the north but that does not indicate that every part of Nigeria is experiencing such ungodly killings but u failed to follow such line of rational reasoning and sounded as if USA was immuned from societal issues simply because u domicile over there which prompted me to remind u of resent events in the same united sates but I am not generalizing the crises unlike u.

Im gonna say to u again and again that every country has its own problems.

We are not here to compare crisis going on all over the world ok!

The dude na barrel .. you no hear as him noise dey disturb person ear.. he made a whole senseless noise just to be known..

10 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 12:32am On May 12, 2015
REMMEI:

The dude na barrel .. you no hear as him noise dey disturb person ear.. he made a whole senseless noise just to be known..

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Ikengawo: 4:48am On May 12, 2015
egbaguy:
but @op is doing fine....he runs a restaurant nah. He has access to good infrastructures and social amenities
will he be the firstto succeed doing the same in NG?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by MduZA: 4:50am On May 12, 2015
OneNaira6:

the guy is doing fine in SA...we warmly welcome people like him in this country..

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by egbaguy: 5:25am On May 12, 2015
Ikengawo:
will he be the firstto succeed doing the same in NG?
i give up on u bro!!!!!

5 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by youngsahito(m): 5:42am On May 12, 2015
Wich city is the best to stay, I mean dat is rilly productive for guyz to wrk n make cool cash?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by PAINGAIN: 5:58am On May 12, 2015
moski5:

how can one get a permit n for how long
Nb is it renewable?
getting a permit here is easy if u have the proper documentation. If u r here to study and u have completed d admission process with ur school and they issue u an admission letter, u take that letter to south african home affairs for a study permit. U also need to have medical cover for this which u can pay for and obtain once u have ur admission letter. It takes less than a month to b issued this permit and for how long is determined by how long ur admission is for. U can also get a permit by marriage or life partnership(a lot of nigerians do this one bcus most of us find it easier). U can do a work permit which requires letter of employment, there is business permit. Most of these permits r issued and r renewable every 2 or 3 years. And if u here for 5 years(they count from d first day u r issued ur first permit) u can now apply for permanent residency. This one na d koko bcus once u get ur permanent residency u r automatically a south african bcus u can now apply for their identity card,citizenship and their passport.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by PAINGAIN: 6:05am On May 12, 2015
youngsahito:
Wich city is the best to stay, I mean dat is rilly productive for guyz to wrk n make cool cash?
there a lot of cities in SA where u can stay and make money provided u know what u r doing but for me johannesburg is d number one city. Its like our own lagos. Na for joburg every dey o.

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by PAINGAIN: 6:15am On May 12, 2015
MRBrownJ:

at last, yeah i have heard about this God forsaken place called Highbrow. but ALL countries around the world have such places. so you mean to say, Nigerians that are desperate or ended up in the streets in SA dont even dream of going to live there?!
hillbrow is not a slum. Hillbrow has one of d best collection of skyscrapers. When u r outside d city of joburg and u take a look at d CBD u'll realise how beautiful it is both during d day and at night. Hillbrow was so nice that when SA blacks got their freedom it was d first place they started living in. The only problem with hillbrow is d people living in hillbrow,they don't keep it as clean as d rest of joburg CBD,there is prostituting going on, a lot of night clubs. What I meant was nigerians don't live in the slums no matter how poor they r.

7 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by M4gunners: 6:20am On May 12, 2015
ucheokpara100:
personally i 've seen alot of them tell me they love us because of our manly and the size etc they are alwys available for sex but then when i was suffering and smelling none of them came to me thtz y iam suspecting they are comin now because of my money. so i believe they love us for money cos their men cant giv then kobo. thatz d reality.
Nwa afor your brain is working jare.Put ur money were your mouth dey.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by M4gunners: 6:29am On May 12, 2015
Ikengawo:

because had you taken your time with the business you sold you would be living better in Nigeria than what's happening today for you in SA because you lost years of development in struggling. You're now on your feet and we're all proud of you but add those years to your business in Ng. and you'll be a lot further. Nothing worst than unfinished product. It's good that you're not going through generator stress and the chaos that is Nigeria. i don't fault you for leaving but we need strong ambitious men like yourself here as opposed to selling your properties in Nigeria and starting from the bottom elsewhere. It's of course your life and you're the master of your destiny, but 90% of the Nigerians in SA need to stop wasting their time and come home. Someone will be in SA clipping people's nails for 15 years. Are there no nails in Nigeria?
Higher currency bro.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Emphany: 7:14am On May 12, 2015
Wow! This thread is fast rolling. Before i finish reading a page,another page is up. And please those who just asked repeated question,can u plz read from page zero first before typing. You'll really learn alot about South Africa(SA)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Emphany: 7:15am On May 12, 2015
Wow! This thread is fast rolling. Before i finish reading a page,another page is up. And please those who just asked repeated question,can u plz read from page zero first before typing. You'll really learn alot about South Africa(SA) without slowing me down. Thanks...OP, kudus.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Emphany: 7:22am On May 12, 2015
REMMEI:

For your eyes now.. you sabi curse and abuse person abi?.. e be like say you inhale your gf menses huh.. undecided

Don't make me have your time.. it could be devastating..

hahahahahahahaha...dis comedy wan cut my dada i swear. This is one reasom somepeople never learn in class...una dey beef una sef wen smbdy dey lecture...abeg,nor kill warri guy wt laffz

4 Likes

Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by wolex3030: 8:21am On May 12, 2015
Hi uche i guess i met u when i came to SA.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by moski5(m): 9:03am On May 12, 2015
PAINGAIN:
getting a permit here is easy if u have the proper documentation. If u r here to study and u have completed d admission process with ur school and they issue u an admission letter, u take that letter to south african home affairs for a study permit. U also need to have medical cover for this which u can pay for and obtain once u have ur admission letter. It takes less than a month to b issued this permit and for how long is determined by how long ur admission is for. U can also get a permit by marriage or life partnership(a lot of nigerians do this one bcus most of us find it easier). U can do a work permit which requires letter of employment, there is business permit. Most of these permits r issued and r renewable every 2 or 3 years. And if u here for 5 years(they count from d first day u r issued ur first permit) u can now apply for permanent residency. This one na d koko bcus once u get ur permanent residency u r automatically a south african bcus u can now apply for their identity card,citizenship and their passport.

thanks

emmm life partnership whats that?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Nobody: 9:04am On May 12, 2015
How much is it to get a visa to SA?
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by wolex3030: 9:30am On May 12, 2015
Hi uche i guess i met u when i came to SA cos ur story sound familia. u live in Pretoria Sunnyside to be precise & ur business is in Sunnyside also,close to Ghana bar which very close to plein str where i stayed . u got to SA from Ghana. u ve a friend who is in UNISA a Yoruba guy.If u are the person am taking abt. then u shld be able to remember me as well,i visited SA two times one in dec 2013 for my Xmas & new year holiday & the 2nd time during my Easter holiday in 2014.i usually stop to say hi to u any time am going out then.I still remember ur business packages (culf 1,2,3 etc).Anyway ur submission as regard SA due to ur experience is just the reality abt SA bt also there are many young Nigerians do wonderfully well in SA as in doing legit work & business. as for me i enjoyed my stay in SA cos it is good place to spend time if u ve money.also there is a huge gap btw SA & naija. GOD bless u uche.
Re: Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA by Thermodynamics(m): 9:33am On May 12, 2015
What about studying on shot programs in south African UNISA to be precise. How must is the tuition fees for a diploma in Engineering and what about food in SA, how much can one survive in a month, also what are the chances of geting a job in SA for someone holding a South African diploma in Engineering certificate. If you have an idea of any other good shot program or company training that have a high job opportunity in SA please tell me about it. eg like safety and pipeline training some companies do here in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries / Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.