Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:59 AM

pp - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / pp (2142 Views)

Guys, Would You Allow Your Sister's Husband Beat Her In your presence? / PIC: Mothers, Is It Bad To Breastfeed Your 48year Old Son In Public? / Intruduce Me As A Sister To His Frd Instead Of Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

pp by Nnemuka(f): 10:05am On May 11, 2015
Re: pp by jbl007(m): 10:09am On May 11, 2015
Well dat may not be completely decent...but lets hear oda views.
Re: pp by Tapout(m): 10:17am On May 11, 2015
Do you think the baby may start behaving like your sister's children?

lol..especially if ur sister's children na mission impossible grin

5 Likes

Re: pp by smvinreal(f): 10:28am On May 11, 2015
Its not right instead you wake up as early as possiable before your meeting use breast pump to pump out breast milk into your babies feeding bottle before leaveing

4 Likes

Re: pp by missKiffy(f): 11:22am On May 11, 2015
It's not ok
Re: pp by SAMBARRY: 11:25am On May 11, 2015
No, never neverest.

next
Re: pp by 5minsmadness: 11:28am On May 11, 2015
Nnemuka:
Let's say your sister is also a lactating mom who came for omugwo since your parents are no more, then you had to go for a BOD meeting weeks after having your baby and you couldn't return early enough.

Your sistr decided 6hours aftr you left the house and your baby has been crying at home to breast feed your baby.
What would you do? Would you be angry or let it slide since she is your blood sistr?
Do you think the baby may start behaving like your sister's children? Is it ok

Since it has happened already you can forgive her but tell her in plain words not to do it again.

As long as she is healthy there is nothing medically wrong in what she did.
Emotionally however she pervaded your personal space and that of your baby by breastfeeding it even though I'm sure it came instinctively to her since she was a breastfeeding mother herself.
What was she thinking?

She shouldn't do it again.

2 Likes

Re: pp by ifyalways(f): 12:54pm On May 11, 2015
I don't know if its OK or not but its titally unacceptable with me. None would be breastfeeding my children when baby formula still dey market.
Re: pp by onegig(m): 5:39pm On May 11, 2015
ifyalways:
I don't know if its OK or not but its titally unacceptable with me. None would be breastfeeding my children when baby formula still dey market.
baby formula for a kid that's weeks old?

At op... There's nothing wrong in what she did as long as she's healthy and is neat. Have you considered there are what we call weaning nurses who wean children for mothers who are medically unfit to breast their children. So what's the big deal in it. After all she's your sister and you share the same DNA and she wasn't out to harm the kid.
Re: pp by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 11, 2015
Nnemuka:
Let's say your sister is also a lactating mom who came for omugwo since your parents are no more, feed. oPthen you had to go for a BOD meeting weeks after having your baby and you couldn't return early enough.

Your sistr decided 6hours aftr you left the house and your baby has been crying at home to breast feed your baby.
What would you do? Would you be angry or let it slide since she is your blood sistr?

You left a breast feeding few weeks old baby behind for 6 hours without any alternative feeding arrangements angry.

OP, you have absolutely no right to say anything to your sister but, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!. That is really silly what did you expect her to do. Next time take your baby along, what is this meeting sef.

Even my 4 year olds if I'm leaving them with anyone,I make sure I have more than enough food food the duration I'm out. I can imagine how the poor baby would have been crying, babies of that age need milk every 3 hrs

6 Likes

Re: pp by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 11, 2015
5minsmadness:

Since it has happened already you can forgive her but tell her in plain words not to do it again.

As long as she is healthy there is nothing medically wrong in what she did.
Emotionally however she pervaded your personal space and that of your baby by breastfeeding it even though I'm sure it came instinctively to her since she was a breastfeeding mother herself.
What was she thinking?

She shouldn't do it again.

Forgive her or thank her for caring for your baby
Re: pp by Nnemuka(f): 7:43am On May 12, 2015
Re: pp by oloyede252(m): 8:38am On May 12, 2015
SAMBARRY:
No, never neverest.

next

na lie,
with DAT fallen oceanic breewst
Re: pp by SAMBARRY: 8:43am On May 12, 2015
oloyede252:

na lie,

with DAT fallen oceanic breewst
you mean your mother's own wink

mama oloshide wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: pp by oloyede252(m): 8:56am On May 12, 2015
SAMBARRY:
you mean your mother's own wink

mama oloshide wink
with all your bragado,lemme confirm it na or it remain part of Atlantic ocean, aka the fallen bwesst,
Re: pp by Nobody: 9:22am On May 12, 2015
Nnemuka:

Not my baby, A friend's child.
Thanks

Ok sorry dear, pls tell her never to go far from her exclusively breast fed baby again. A whole 6 hrs
Re: pp by Nobody: 9:52am On May 12, 2015
Nothing wrong with it as long as the woman is healthy, especially when no alternative was provided. You know there are commercially available breast milk now?
Re: pp by SAMBARRY: 10:35am On May 12, 2015
oloyede252:

with all your bragado,lemme confirm it na or it remain part of Atlantic ocean,
aka the fallen bwesst,

go and ask your mummy
Re: pp by thorpido(m): 11:17am On May 12, 2015
It was not the right thing to do but it was the only option in that situation.
Your friend had to go for a meeting and could not make alternative arrangements for the baby?

Well my neighbour breas.tfed her nephew till he was weaned.The mother passed away shortly after birth.
Re: pp by winetapper: 12:07pm On May 12, 2015
your own baby might start calling her mama grin
Re: pp by ifyalways(f): 10:37am On May 13, 2015
onegig:
baby formula for a kid that's weeks old?

Yes. Babies that lost their mom's at birth survived on formula.
PS: I didnt care to read the OP's story, just responded to the thread subject question.

1 Like

Re: pp by veave(f): 10:41am On May 13, 2015
What if she has AIDS.

Would you still want her to breast feed your baby?
Re: pp by soopamom: 4:19pm On May 13, 2015
you will happily give your child goat milk, cow milk, etc and not worry or get angry with the donating goat/cow. But your own blood sister who lovingly nurtured your child in your absence you want to castigate. If your sister is disease free then i dont see why not.

1 Like

Re: pp by Nobody: 6:41pm On May 13, 2015
soopamom:
you will happily give your child goat milk, cow milk, etc and not worry or get angry with the donating goat/cow. But your own blood sister who lovingly nurtured your child in your absence you want to castigate. If your sister is disease free then i dont see why not.

True talk
Re: pp by realteflon(m): 9:38pm On Jul 04, 2015
Nnemuka:
Let's say your sister is also a lactating mom who came for omugwo since your parents are no more, then you had to go for a BOD meeting weeks after having your baby and you couldn't return early enough.

Follow back Nne
Re: pp by AtheistD(m): 9:29am On Jul 05, 2015
It is known as wet-nursing. There is nothing wrong with it as long as the sister is hygienic and disease free.
Re: pp by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jul 05, 2015
I know of two sisters, one got pregnant out of wedlock, the same time the married one was pregnant.
The one with unwanted put to bed two after the married one put to bed, she left immediately she was discharged from the clinic. Without, breastfeeding the twins she had.
The married one was asked to take up the twins and breastfeed them alongside her own. The husband refused at first. but the price of baby formulae and the rest made the man to succumb. She breastfeed the babies and trained them, even after four months the sister came back, she was still breastfeeding them.
Today, the twins call their aunt, mummy, and their mum, aunty.

In my thought, if the situation calls for it,I see no problem with it.
P.S , she has to be medically sound oh. to avoid stories wey dey touch.
Re: pp by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 05, 2015
I begged my cousin to BF my 5 months old baby,i had to attend an interview nd it took all day.i was thankful cos I can imagine wat nursing two babies wud feel like.formula was a no 4 her @ dat age.no big deal

(1) (Reply)

They Let My Daughter Die… As I Watched In Horror — Bereaved Mum(pic) / 10 Myths We Grew Up Believing As Kids In Nigeria / These Pics Reportedly Show A White Man And His Adopted Black Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.