Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,532 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:39 PM

This Is Happening Now. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / This Is Happening Now. (826 Views)

HAPPENING NOW!! Hamburger Is Dead / Picture Of Topless Woman Holding On To A Policeman. What's Happening? / Riot Happening Now At Eleme, Rivers State. (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is Happening Now. by chocolateme(f): 2:43pm On May 11, 2015
My friend called me 5 days back to narrate a serious situation he found himself in, he called me 6 hours after the incident that he has never been in that situation before and needs advice, guidance and anything to help sooth him down.
The younger brother to his direct neigbbour was leaving the house that morning (a boy of 19-20 yes of age) he came out and pleaded with him to drop along the road and help him pay some money into someone's account for him @ a bank very close to them by 50naira worth of keke distance. He gave the boy the account details and transport fare which is more than the 50naira (showing gratitude kind of). The elder brother of the boy witnessed everything because he was outside that morning.
Till today, the boy is nowhere to be found, his phone has been off, all efforts to find out what happened to him was futile, they even checked at hospitals, mortuaries, etc yet nothing even the money was never paid in. My friend is almost developing high blood pressure because of this as the family of the boy is breathing thunder, fire and brime stone on him. Yesterday, alongside some police officers and his neighbor (the boy's elder bros) they traveled down to Benue State, the boy's state to go look for him and also make police report, now they are back to Abuja.
This morning while all were at the station, he called his lawyer who is already aware of the situation. But while the lawyer was on the way to the station, his neighbor took him aside and told him that he wants them to settle this amicably and withdraw the case from the police without any tangible reason, he told the guy to wait for some time until his lawyer arrives. The lawyer arrived and he told the lawyer what that guy said and the lawyer summoned him, I thing he applied psychology on the guy's "sixth sense" because the guy confessed that he got a call only once from his bother and that he is at Lagos now in their relation's house, that he is not with the money and knows nothing about anything.
The lawyer later called an officer to relay the issue to him, just minutes ago, without a sign or warning, the police arrested the guy and whisked him away into the cell, including seizing his phones as he had been making some weird kind of calls ever since according to my friend and he was the first to raise alarm on him that his brother is missing coupled with the fact that the. Money is reasonably huge.
Now what next? The guy's family are at the station now begging him to pity their brother that they will pay every dime and expenses he made back to him but he said the lawyer told him to go home and allow the guy there for two days, the one in Lagos here has not beeen caught yet..
That's how desperate some people can be, why asking for non police involvement at this late hour? That's it.
Re: This Is Happening Now. by Nobody: 2:45pm On May 11, 2015
Nice write-up.
Re: This Is Happening Now. by chocolateme(f): 2:53pm On May 11, 2015
Borrussia:
You want me to read all these. Like seriously!
no I don't expect you to read I, just testing your IQ via how u manage to read essays in exam halls and how you pass your exams but aside that, what prompted you to comment? Is is about 1st to comment or are u an attention seeker? U bring in your juvenile delinquency when important matters are at hand. #leaderoftomorrow#
Re: This Is Happening Now. by Gboliwe: 2:59pm On May 11, 2015
So this is the new scope? Thank you. I am wiser.

But, didn't his neigbour know that his brother meant to dupe your friend?

Do you think the neigbour was part of it all along? I don't think so seeing he started raising he'll and involved police

Why would a 20year old boy be that dubious if he is coming from a good home?

The family now begging, weren't they aware of the accusations and stress they put your friend into all this while?

Na wa sha.

Once again, thank you for sharing

1 Like

Re: This Is Happening Now. by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 11, 2015
chocolateme:
no I don't expect you to read I, just testing your IQ via how u manage to read essays in exam halls and how you pass your exams but aside that, what prompted you to comment? Is is about 1st to comment or are u an attention seeker? U bring in your juvenile delinquency when important matters are at hand. #leaderoftomorrow#
The first thing about your write-up is that you didn't write it in coherent English, making it hard for subsequent readers.

Second is spacing and quotations, and also improper use of grammar.

And lastly is the fact that you actually think this thread is FP worthy by saying I wanna be first to comment, you also called me an attention seeker; the hell- seeking attention on a faceless forum sounds kinda ridiculous.

Cheers.
Re: This Is Happening Now. by adioolayi(m): 3:04pm On May 11, 2015
New method of scammers.... hmmm....Thank God your friend involved his lawyer... They can label him a kidnapper trying to use the boy for ritual. wicked world

1 Like

Re: This Is Happening Now. by Ralphlauren(m): 3:07pm On May 11, 2015
things are really happening shocked shocked

your friend should leave the elder brother in the cell until the younger brother returns back to abuja. that way, your friend cannot be held responsible for anything that happens to the younger brother.

the two brothers planned everything together and they should be taught a serious less.

i expect the policemen to deal with him ruthlessly as he sent them on a wildgoose chase, hence wasting police time and effort.

1 Like

Re: This Is Happening Now. by chocolateme(f): 3:08pm On May 11, 2015
Gboliwe:
So this is the new scope? Thank you. I am wiser.

But, didn't his neigbour know that his brother meant to dupe your friend?

Do you think the neigbour was part of it all along? I don't think so seeing he started raising he'll and involved police

Why would a 20year old boy be that dubious if he is coming from a good home?

The family now begging, weren't they aware of the accusations and stress they put your friend into all this while?

Na wa sha.

Once again, thank you for sharing
uwc... I never reasoned it at first but how come his brother called him all these while and he kept quiet and still continued lamenting on his missing brother? Why all those stress? And now they have gone neck deep into this and I doubt if the police will easily let that go.
Re: This Is Happening Now. by chocolateme(f): 3:16pm On May 11, 2015
Borrussia:
The first thing about your write-up is that you didn't write it in coherent English, making it hard for subsequent readers.

Second is spacing and quotations, and also improper use of grammar.

And lastly is the fact that you actually think this thread is FP worthy by saying I wanna be first to comment, you also called me an attention seeker; the hell- seeking attention on a faceless forum sounds kinda ridiculous.

Cheers.
irrespective of the fact that whatever you just stated here now is wrong or right Mr lecturer, I still believe that u displayed a high level of immaturity by posting a useless comment after my post, now go back up and read through and quote me again on what u expect viewers of this thread to derive from your comment. Its not really mandatory that you read it, you could have as well as moved to the next topic right but its OK. Now u analyzed my write up, at least you have proven that you are worth it here whether u insult my post or not. U are highly welcomed.

1 Like

Re: This Is Happening Now. by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 11, 2015
chocolateme:
irrespective of the fact that whatever you just stated here now is wrong or right Mr lecturer, I still believe that u displayed a high level of immaturity by posting a useless comment after my post, now go back up and read through and quote me again on what u expect viewers of this thread to derive from your comment. Its not really mandatory that you read it, you could have as well as moved to the next topic right but its OK. Now u analyzed my write up, at least you have proven that you are worth it here whether u insult my post or not. U are highly welcomed.
If my aforementioned post is the cause of this lamentation, I've modified it.
Re: This Is Happening Now. by chocolateme(f): 3:43pm On May 11, 2015
Borrussia:
If my aforementioned post is the cause of this lamentation, I've modified it.
its really not the cause if this lamentation but rather I'm irritated and uncomfortable at the direction to which this issue as regards to my post is headed and as a result of that, I resorted to seeking candid advices from some serious minded nairalanders. So I guess u post intensified my agitation but its OK too dear, sorry about my transfer of aggression? #PEACE#

1 Like

Re: This Is Happening Now. by Nobody: 4:23pm On May 11, 2015
chocolateme:
its really not the cause if this lamentation but rather I'm irritated and uncomfortable at the direction to which this issue as regards to my post is headed and as a result of that, I resorted to seeking candid advices from some serious minded nairalanders. So I guess u post intensified my agitation but its OK too dear, sorry about my transfer of aggression? #PEACE#
cool

(1) (Reply)

Two Young Men Prick Disappeared In Uniport / My Experience With A Fraudster Today / IN TEARS!!! New Born Bababy Found In A Polythene Bag In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.