Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,617 members, 7,813,030 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans (2069 Views)

Six Common Things Church Camera Men Are Known For / Facts That Stand Against Evolution / Pastor Who Buried Humans In His Church Foundation Finally Got Arrested[see Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by Nobody: 12:25am On May 12, 2015
Have you ever wondered why no human can ever know the day he/she will die?
No human also knows the day he/she was born or should I put it thus: No one knows his/her birth day. What we celebrate and call birthday is actually an anniversary. E.g Birthday anniversary.

So, if we do not know these two facts especially when we will die, why do people still indulge in wickedness and evil acts?

The time of our Birth and Death are two facts not known to humans and all humans have contracts with these two facts, infact, no one can escape it. It is more like saying we all are indebted to death.

Please we all should remember that from dust we came and to dust, we shall return. Do good always!

CC::: Emusmith
Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by davien(m): 1:24am On May 12, 2015
I've been dead for centuries...a self-fulfilling prophecy..
Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by Redlyn: 9:12am On May 12, 2015

3 Likes

Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by johnydon22(m): 9:57am On May 12, 2015
Actually humans can now predict when a baby will be born or when someone will die... I think the people executed in Indonesia knew the day they would die..

Medical science can now predict with precision someone's life span... Can give a date of death to someone who is terminally ill, can give a woman a date of delivery months before it. You need an upgrade/update in time.. Seems the 21st century world left you behind

For the last part, yes we need to always do good. Not for anything but because its good to do good.. We need to be good for goodness sake.. Because we care for the well being of others

1 Like

Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by Nobody: 10:30am On May 12, 2015
pointless thread
Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by Nobody: 5:10pm On May 13, 2015
I don't understand how people can believe in God and I have one simple reason over all my other reasons why he doesn't exist. People say God's love is unconditional, he even killed his son (who was really himself) for us to all be forgiven? But isn't that in itself a horrendous and horrible act? If God loved us so much, why does he punish us rather than lead us down the right road? Why do hundreds of people die everyday by things they cant even control like starvation, thirst, slavery abuse and everything else on the list? Why are little children who haven't even had a chance to be born into the world and discover God born into poverty or genocide? Like what the hell? You love us so much yet you decide since Eve ate a damn fruit, we all suffer.
Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 13, 2015
B4113y:
I don't understand how people can believe in God and I have one simple reason over all my other reasons why he doesn't exist. People say God's love is unconditional, he even killed his son (who was really himself) for us to all be forgiven? But isn't that in itself a horrendous and horrible act? If God loved us so much, why does he punish us rather than lead us down the right road? Why do hundreds of people die everyday by things they cant even control like starvation, thirst, slavery abuse and everything else on the list? Why are little children who haven't even had a chance to be born into the world and discover God born into poverty or genocide? Like what the hell? You love us so much yet you decide since Eve ate a damn fruit, we all suffer.

So how did you come into existence?

1 Like

Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 13, 2015
johnydon22:
Actually humans can now predict when a baby will be born or when someone will die... I think the people executed in Indonesia knew the day they would die..

Medical science can now predict with precision someone's life span... Can give a date of death to someone who is terminally ill, can give a woman a date of delivery months before it. You need an upgrade/update in time.. Seems the 21st century world left you behind

For the last part, yes we need to always do good. Not for anything but because its good to do good.. We need to be good for goodness sake.. Because we care for the well being of others

Really, 21st century left me by Lmao... People that die by accidents - car, bike, plane crash, fire, drowning, poison etc - know too abi? The fact that science can now predict when a person will die doesn't change the fact I have stated up there.

You, do you know when you will die What is your life span??
Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by TheFilmmaker: 7:03am On May 14, 2015
ThatEdochick:

Really, 21st century left me by Lmao... People that die by accidents - car, bike, plane crash, fire, drowning, poison etc - know too abi? The fact that science can now predict when a person will die doesn't change the fact I have stated up there.

You, do you know when you will die What is your life span??

Girl don't make death sound scary. Death is death. Basically every time you sleep at night, you partially die. Only difference being you wake up after a while. During death, you don't wake up. It goes on forever just like that.

People has been dying and people will still die. The fact that you are alive is a valid qualification that you will die.

Yes, disasters and accidents could be spontaneous and unpredictable but no matter what, the average lifespan of the mordern man is around 69-80 years.

Which basically means if youre already 30, you've spent over a quarter of your life expectancy.

During the early 1600s in England, life expectancy was only about 35 years, largely because two-thirds of all children died before the age of four.

You see, my sister, the main reason why religion gained traction was because of the mystery of death. To the non enlightened mind, it's implausible to fathom.how a soul would just vanish for eternity.

But when you ask them where were they during the first World War, or during the Mongols' invasion they still can't answer.

The world is over 4,000 (or 6,000, or 9,000) years old depending on which bible you read, and over 4.54 billion years if you go with evolution. For all these time, you and I are just here for a fraction of fleeting second. It's a great thing to be one of the lucky ones here to witness this whatever it is, the good, the bad and the ugly. More reason you need to dump religion. And make the experience count for everyone alive.

This is 2015, and the best time to be alive since the inception of our beloved Earth. Make every second count.

The Pale Blue Dot of Earth.

This image of Earth is one of 60 frames taken by the Voyager 1 spacecraft on February 14, 1990 from a distance of more than 6 billion kilometers (4 billion miles) and about 32 degrees above the ecliptic plane. In the image the Earth is a mere point of light, a crescent only 0.12 pixel in size. Our planet was caught in the center of one of the scattered light rays resulting from taking the image so close to the Sun. This image is part of Voyager 1's final photographic assignment which captured family portraits of the Sun and planets.

This is a picture of Earth. Yes. If you look very carefully and closely, you'd see it. Just below the center line, on the right side, bathed in sunbeam. Yes, it's that speck of dust

"Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores our responsibility to deal more kindly with one another, and to preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we've ever known."

-- Carl Sagan, Pale Blue Dot, 1994

And before you quickly conclude this is Photoshop or fake scientific ramblings, http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_Blue_Dot

Stay blessed.

Cc lalasticlala, MrPresident

1 Like

Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by Longstride: 9:52am On May 14, 2015
ThatEdochick:

So how did you come into existence?
he doesn't know.
..and that means only one thing angry .. some bearded invisible daddy in the sky did it........ right?
Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by TheFilmmaker: 11:06am On May 14, 2015
Longstride:

he doesn't know.
..and that means only one thing angry .. some bearded invisible daddy in the sky did it........ right?

LMAO!
Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 14, 2015
ThatEdochick:
Have you ever wondered why no human can ever know the day he/she will die?
No human also knows the day he/she was born or should I put it thus: No one knows his/her birth day. What we celebrate and call birthday is actually an anniversary. E.g Birthday anniversary.

So, if we do not know these two facts especially when we will die, why do people still indulge in wickedness and evil acts?

The time of our Birth and Death are two facts not known to humans and all humans have contracts with these two facts, infact, no one can escape it. It is more like saying we all are indebted to death.

Please we all should remember that from dust we came and to dust, we shall return. Do good always!

CC::: Emusmith

Do you fear death? Edochick

1 Like

Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 14, 2015
emusmith:

Do you fear death? Edochick
I am indifferent, but sometimes though, I get 'lost' on this issue of death. I really don't know if it is fear or just agitation.
Re: Two Facts That Can Never Be Known To Humans by TheFilmmaker: 11:43am On May 17, 2015
ThatEdochick:
I am indifferent, but sometimes though, I get 'lost' on this issue of death. I really don't know if it is fear or just agitation.

Ponder over these quotes.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-7Y_INL74jSM/UuQ-9Kf0GYI/AAAAAAAANH4/kXRExWz-EnU/s1600/frank+herbert+dune+quote.jpg[/img]

(1) (Reply)

A Response To Hardmirror's Post About Converting To Atheism / Without Your Ancestors You Are Nothing As A Foundation. / Nigerian Pastor In A Serious Boxing Combat With A Demon Posses Man - Full Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.