Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,300 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! (2247 Views)

Does The Koran Really Encourage Faithful Moslems To Kill Christians? / Why Are Black Africans Moslems Considered Inferior By The Arabs Moslems / Why Are Yoruba Moslems Considered Inferior To Hausa Moslems? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by babs787(m): 8:29pm On Feb 10, 2009
@Bawomowo

Oya siddon make we lecture ourselves rather playing the game of ignorant.

no where in this passage does it say men are equal to allah. all it says are women to be obedient to allah, believe in chastity blah blah blah.  Where does it say a man is equal to woman?? I don't think you get my question. now let me be your Imam for a day  Grin

Oga, how could man be equal to God? Is everything alright sir? grin

"Mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honorable of you in the Sight of Allah is the believer who has Taqwa (i.e. piety and righteousness)and loves Allah most. Verily, Allah is All-Knowing, All-Aware." Quran 49:13

"Men are the protectors and maintainers of women, because Allah has given the one more (strength) than the other, and because they support them from their means. Therefore the righteous women are devoutly obedient, and guard in (the husband's) absence what Allah would have them guard. As to those women on whose part ye fear disloyalty and ill-conduct, admonish them (first), (next), refuse to share their beds, (and last) beat them (lightly); but if they return to obedience, seek not against them means (of annoyance):,  "
The Book of Women 4.34
Translated by A. Yusufali

beat them "lightly" na by force?

Oga I can see that you yourself do not understand the meaning of gender equality. Now with regard to the verse above, is your wife superior to you or under your control?Even if you do not believe in the books which we hae same thing in the bible as husband being crown of his wife, you should use your own home as examples and see the role of women there. Your wife has a right over as you yourself has over her. Please stop behaving like that oLODO David grin

It seems you read the verses with biased minds and do you think you really understand the above verses?

"Allah enjoins you concerning your children: The male shall have the equal of the portion of two females," says the Koran (4:11).

fair share?

Is this the same as gender equality oga? Go figure out how property is shared in Naija first.

Women who are divorced shall wait, keeping themselves apart, three (monthly) courses. And it is not lawful for them that they should conceal that which Allah hath created in their wombs if they are believers in Allah and the Last Day. And their husbands would do better to take them back in that case if they desire a reconciliation. And they (women) have rights similar to those (of men) over them in kindness, and men are a degree above them. Allah is Mighty, Wise.

2:228.  a degree above what  Huh

OGA, Who controls your home, you or your wife? Are you the wifey while your husband plays the manly role? grin

As for those of your women who are guilty of lewdness, call to witness four of you against them. And if they testify (to the truth of the allegation) then confine them to the houses until death take them or (until) Allah appoint for them a way (through new legislation).

4:15.  hold up, what about lewd men?

Oga, do you know the chapters you are reading. Its called Nissah. I will not say much but go figure out the Tafseer and would know why it centers on women. Please dont behave like that Davido. grin

Are you sure that you picked the right verse?

4:20 And if ye wish to exchange one wife for another and ye have given unto one of them a sum of money (however great), take nothing from it. Would ye take it by the way of calumny and open wrong ?

it's cool to exchange wives.

4:20: O ye who believe! it is not lawful for you to inherit women against their will; nor should you detain them wrongfully that you may take away part of that which you have given them, except that they be guilty of a flagrant evil; and consort with them in kindness; and if you dislike them, it may be that you dislike a thing wherein Allah has placed much good.

Stop behaving like that Olodo friend of mine. Read the verses yourself.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by Nobody: 8:46pm On Feb 10, 2009
bawomolo:

gerald levin is the FORMER CEO of time warner.

Michael Eisner (born March 7, 1942) was chief executive officer of The Walt Disney Company from September 22, 1984 to September 30, 2005.

I hope you realize these companies have board of directors and board of trustees. This is not your Naija company where some Chief/Chairman runs the show.

Bawomolo, abeg let them just blame the jews. grin
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by dayokanu(m): 9:13pm On Feb 10, 2009
The Jews control the media yet the Media is so anti israel
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by olabowale(m): 3:01pm On Feb 11, 2009
@Dayokanu: Which Media are you talking about? Please give me one in a major market? Maybe, your KKK established media in the bush of Alabama, Texas, Mississippi, Georgia, the Carolinas and others. But in NY, Chicago, Los Angeles, and others, you better ask somebody. Otherwise AIPAC political machines of the Jews in Washington DC will let you have it. You will be a "gonna" in a split second.
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by GODSON2009(m): 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2010
from my understanding of the comments posted already,it seems majority generally agree that

1.afghan women are suffering as a result of gender inequality,their predominant religion islam re iterating and justifying this
2.quranic verses have been severally posted to justify this fact
3.the jews dont run the media i the middle east and africa including al jazeera and a number of news portalks who are either subjective in favour of muslims or totally objective in their news coverage.
4.the muslim especially males on here,rather than being offensive and muddying up the discourse by intentionally trying to confuse issues should own up to the crass gender inequality which is prominent and can be seen all over the lenght and breadth of the quran and take pro active steps in doing their bit to help the women of afghanistan by constructively positive comments.

even if they disagree with the quranic verses published on here already,the fact that women are permanently sectioned to the back and the men while praying is a pertinent fact.

the fact that the woman more or less eats the left over of not only her husband but the menfolk is another pointer.
the fact that the male son in the order of heirachy is before his mother
these and several other reasons is more than enough to male the muslims wake up and smell thew proverbial cofee that their religion is sexist and sort of belongs in the dark ages,they either start taking steps to bring it to the 21st century or face a bleak future where only a few men will be left in their fold or the religion will be on the way to permanent exinction
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by ttruth(m): 6:28pm On Feb 24, 2010
grin grin grin

These deluded slaves of black stone have removed my quotes both from the Quran and the Hadiths regarding why Afghan women are treated like domestic animals.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help! by PurestBoy(m): 8:34pm On Mar 01, 2010
Hisslam is the worst thing that has ever happened to humanity.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shaaban : A Time Of Avoidance Of Heedlessness / Racism In Islam: Why Do Arab Muslims Call Blacks Abeed. / Loon Embrace Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.