Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims (2243 Views)

Non-alcoholic Beer For Muslims, Is It Haram? / Surah Kahf, 4 Stories And The Fate Of The Ummah / Is Beard-keeping A Tradition For Muslims? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by Fr0sbel: 2:55pm On May 30, 2012
Story 1 - Happened today May 30th 2012.

This morning , before I left the house for work, it occurred to me that the car radiator needed some water , but I ignored this warning as per Naija man.

On getting to London , there was heavy traffic and suddenly the warning light for temperature on the dashboard kept fluctuating between the minimum high and almost red marks, few minutes later it did reach the final red mark and the red light came on. I kept driving until there was an opportunity to pull over to a safe spot. Then I waited for the car to cool off.

As per usual, and with my face in the opposite direction grin , I gradually opened the radiator cap till all the steam had been let out, there was so much steam I suddenly thought the car will catch fire , thank God it did not.

And then, a young beautiful Muslim Pakistani lady with a Hijab who I had never met before stopped and asked me with a lovely smile what the problem was. I calmly explained and she promised to call her husband for help since he was a mechanic.I will not forget her kind smile as she walked away.

Within minutes her husband was out ( looked like he just woke up from sleep ) , he walked to the car and gave me a brand new bottle of clean spring water after making sure the matter was not more serious.

I carefully filled my radiator with the fresh water while thinking in my heart, God forgive me for all the heated attacks on Muslims, a majority of them are nice people and loving / caring as anyone else.

Please let us not believe the hype that all Muslims are violent or inclined to violence. We all have a conscience, some use it for the glory of God while some quench it to their own destruction just like Boko Haram and co.

May God reward this woman and her family and bless them with the salvation of Christ Jesus.

Yes Jesus is the ONLY way, but we have no right to judge others and put them down because of the actions of others.

Story 2 - Happened eons ago

There was a serious riot in Kano in which many Christians including Southern Muslims were killed. As a fresh graduate at the time, I together with a number of friends fled out of Kano to another town remotely located about 50 miles away. I was surprised to see the Muslims there totally oblivious to the riots in Kano even though they had radios, but what astounded us was how warm and kindly they treated us. We ate in their restaurant, refreshed ourselves and continued our journey.

I retired for the night in a school to which a friend had been posted.

The next morning I wanted to get back to my place of posting in Kano, by then the riot had died down. I bid goodbye to my friend and boarded a bus towards Kano, on getting to Bukavu barracks, the Hausa Muslim passengers pleaded with me to not go into Kano city because I will be killed by the Al Majari rioters. Their advice was I go and take refuge in Bukavu Army barracks . I agreed , went into the barracks and was saved from a disaster.

This has taught me the following lessons :

1. Treat each person on his or her own merit Christian, Atheist or Muslim. DO NOT PAINT ALL MUSLIMS with the Same Brush.

2. This does not mean I agree with ISLAM , Jesus is the WAY , the TRUTH and the LIFE , but from now on I will differentiate between the bad and the good.

3. You can win People to Christ and your cause , by LOVE ONLY and a godly way of living . Insults, anger and violence will never work , instead they will hurt and destroy.

Thanks for reading.

Commendations and Insults also welcome grin grin
Re: 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by logicboy: 3:37pm On May 30, 2012
Well, it's good to realise that good people come from all works of faith be they atheists or muslims or budhhists.

However, they can be good without religion. Religion is one thing that can turn a good person into a bigot.

Most of my christian friends are okay but ask them if they agree with psalm 14;1 and most of them will say "yes".

Psalm 14;1-
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

This Psalm 14;1 is clear bigotry against atheists. How can my christian friends claim to love me and then agree that I am evil and corrupt? The answer is religion; religion has brainwashed them to believe the bible and partition the bible from reality in their minds.

Another incident; I was talking to a muslim cab driver and we were getting along very well despite our religious differences. When I told him that I had a muslim girlfriend, he slammed the brakes so hard, I thought I would die.

Frosbel, you arent a bad person at the core but religion will rot you to core given specific instances.

I also agree with you; hate the game not the player. I can complain about Islam but not all muslims are terrorists and not all christians are crusaders or witch burners

1 Like

Re: 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by Ptolomeus(m): 4:44pm On May 30, 2012
logicboy: Well, it's good to realise that good people come from all works of faith be they atheists or muslims or budhhists.

However, they can be good without religion. Religion is one thing that can turn a good person into a bigot.

Most of my christian friends are okay but ask them if they agree with psalm 14;1 and most of them will say "yes".

Psalm 14;1-
14 The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

This Psalm 14;1 is clear bigotry against atheists. How can my christian friends claim to love me and then agree that I am evil and corrupt? The answer is religion; religion has brainwashed them to believe the bible and partition the bible from reality in their minds.

Another incident; I was talking to a muslim cab driver and we were getting along very well despite our religious differences. When I told him that I had a muslim girlfriend, he slammed the brakes so hard, I thought I would die.

Frosbel, you arent a bad person at the core but religion will rot you to core given specific instances.

I also agree with you; hate the game not the player. I can complain about Islam but not all muslims are terrorists and not all christians are crusaders or witch burners

Hola querido amigo!
Excellent!
If everyone thought and proceed like you, the world would be different ... better.
In this forum there is a contradiction, that the religious are just those who show hatred, bigotry, exacerbation ...
I believe that a religion debría be just the opposite ...
An atheist as you say this to a religious ... is a life lesson ...
Something is wrong in the religions ... an place of love and peace promotes hatred and segregation.
My respects!
Un fuerte abrazo de su amigo uruguayo!
Re: 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by logicboy: 5:23pm On May 30, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Hola querido amigo!
Excellent!
If everyone thought and proceed like you, the world would be different ... better.
In this forum there is a contradiction, that the religious are just those who show hatred, bigotry, exacerbation ...
I believe that a religion debría be just the opposite ...
An atheist as you say this to a religious ... is a life lesson ...
Something is wrong in the religions ... an place of love and peace promotes hatred and segregation.
My respects!
Un fuerte abrazo de su amigo uruguayo!

Deseo que todo el mundo podría ver la religión como historias

Uruguay no es perfecto

Pero uruguay tiene hermosas mujeres

Y el gobierno está separada de la religión

Gracias

Obrigado!
Re: 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by gidjah(m): 6:43pm On May 30, 2012
i totally agree dat there r stil gd muslims out there, my best frend by design and broda my chance is stil a muslim up til date,.ABDULGAFAR is a responsible and God fearin young man eva since i no him frm child hood,can give me his best to kip d better for him self,generalising on d fact dat most of dem r fierce may nt be absolute,but d issue comes wt our far nothern brodas, who (though not all of dem)have bin bewitched by there so called religious ldrs, poverty and lazy mentality has also bin d greatest factor y d average of dem r violent, i grew up all my life in d north, as a mata of fact i respect dem so much, but ds few sect basically found in north can be very desructive and deadly, just pray u neva fall in to there traps during there crazy and demonic session , u as a frend of thiers wil be d first to be slaughtered.never the less, a very few of them stil respect other religions.I say to to such individuals, WE CELEBRATE U. God Bles u my Broda Abdulgafar.U R a Broda Indeed.
Re: 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by Nobody: 1:16am On May 31, 2012
This is a nice thread to read. However, regardless of the fact that most Christians know not all Muslims are badly behaved, the minute a bombing in the North is mentioned, rational reasoning goes out of the window and they direct their vitriol to every single muslim on earth.
Some very unpleasant Christians have made life difficult for me in different instances but that would in no way justify my directing anger to the entirety of the Christian population so I really wish the anger-fuelled generalization towards Muslims would stop.
End Rant.
Re: 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by oiseworld: 4:15pm On May 31, 2012
fellis: This is a nice thread to read. However, regardless of the fact that most Christians know not all Muslims are badly behaved, the minute a bombing in the North is mentioned, rational reasoning goes out of the window and they direct their vitriol to every single muslim on earth.
Some very unpleasant Christians have made life difficult for me in different instances but that would in no way justify my directing anger to the entirety of the Christian population so I really wish the anger-fuelled generalization towards Muslims would stop.
End Rant.

Christians don't hate Muslims. the reason they preach to them.
they see them as brothers, who are misled by an incomplete religious book called the quran, authored by mo hammed.

many Muslims are beginning to see the truth in this. muslims are very loving people following the wrong leader. Christianity is about you and God. and when they understand this they are getting closer to the truth.

but, it is wise for every christian to be carefull with our muslim brothers. because they are not far from the sword. once angered they would become extrimist. and that goes for all of them. North,south, londoner, american just name it.

its what the religion teaches.
Re: 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by Ptolomeus(m): 4:52pm On May 31, 2012
oiseworld:
Christianity is about you and God. and when they understand this they are getting closer to the truth.

As we read this stupidity, as they continue to debate whether Muslims are good or bad, if Christians follow the right path, while fools argue about who are the ones who throw bombs and why,
CHILDREN IN AFRICA STILL DYING OF HUNGER IS KEPT THE HIGHEST RATE OF AIDS ... STILL ONE OF THE LEAST DEVELOPED WORLD CONTINENTS ...

Very good work of the Arabs and the Christian settlers.
Pathetic!
AFRICA WAKE UP!
Re: 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by Nobody: 10:10pm On Jun 01, 2012
oiseworld:

but, it is wise for every christian to be carefull with our muslim brothers. because they are not far from the sword. once angered they would become extrimist. and that goes for all of them. North,south, londoner, american just name it.

That is such a lie. The Religion teaches one to control anger and forgive and to answer with peace when ignorant people address you.
Islam does not support extremism. Na wa for you. You started the post very well, spoke glowingly of Muslims only for you to ruin the good feeling I was having by adding lies to the post. Mtsheeeew.
Re: 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 04, 2012
I used to have no qualms with islam utill osama came n d muslim world supported him. There is nothing u will say to me about Islam or muslims that will change my mind. Religion is a way of life not a slogan. If that kind of hate towards people of other faith is advocated by Islam then that is d way of life of muslims.
Re: 2 True Stories And My Love For Muslims by ZhulFiqar: 5:15pm On Jun 08, 2012
this is a message to the moderator (Maclatunji) who is banning Shia members (including my senior brother "LagosShia") on the forum in a bid to silence them.you should know firstly that this forum isn't your father's property.even the owner appreciates the fact that the forum is a public forum.

you are abusing your mandate and portraying yourself as insane.May Allah (swt) hold you accountable for your tyranny online.you should know that we are many and if we wish,we can gather up to 100 members in this forum to make sure nothing but Islam as the Shia follow it in its pure form (not sunnism/wahhabism) prevails.

be mindful of Allah tabaraka.if you refuse to act responsibly,we'd make sure you get fed-up in moderating this forum.we'd turn it into a mess.your planned assault at a specific group of people is disgraceful.

i hope Seun sees this or if things do not change i'd make sure the nonsense prevailing here gets to his knowledge.i wonder what type of moderator take sides.

(1) (Reply)

Did Some Sahaba Preferred Ali(r.a) Over Abubakr(r.a)? / Shaaban : A Time Of Avoidance Of Heedlessness / Moslems Where Are Your Beliefs And Values? Afghan Women Are Suffering, Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.