Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (706318 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Mystiqme: 5:16pm On May 14, 2015
bvc:

Gurus, please help a newbie answer all the questions in my head:
1) Can't I get a visa friendly school to do a post grad?
2) Are there affordable visa friendly schools in houston and los angeles?
3) What will the embassy and the schools be requiring from me?
4) The travel agent said I can still travel this year, is that possible?
5) I'm new to these, what do I need to know/do to have a hitch-free application and acceptance?

Thanks in anticipation

1. You may be able to do post grad, but you'll need to take additional modules.

2. I don't know what you mean by 'visa-friendly', but you may stand a higher chance of obtaining visa, if you get admitted to Ivy league/top 10-20 schools. With a 3rd class, these schools are probably beyond your reach.

3. Summary: transcripts, GRE/GMAT, letters of recommendation, bank statements, I-20, etc. Read Part 6 of this thread for more info.

4. No. Fall starts in August/September. You should have admission by now if you are going for the Fall semester.

5. No short answer: read https://www.nairaland.com/1869186/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part#25683679

Best.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:20pm On May 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Are u working towards fall?
spring....what college?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by gbemzy1: 7:12pm On May 14, 2015
hello guys, is there any way one can skip education usa stuff @minnesota state university mankato.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 14, 2015
just want to say a big thank you to all of you here for all the info ,its been really helpful to me and i will surely come and share my success story even though i am not an active member . may God bless you all for the wonderful contributions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by faray: 8:29pm On May 14, 2015
luciouslyon:
just want to say a big thank you to all of you here for all the info ,its been really helpful to me and i will surely come and share my success story even though i am not an active member . may God bless you all for the wonderful contributions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 9:28pm On May 14, 2015
blublahd:

spring....what college?

Morgan state uni and South Carolina state uni.
Targeting fall, pray I meet up.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:33pm On May 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Morgan state uni and South Carolina state uni.
Targeting fall, pray I meet up.
good schools
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by terefe(m): 9:37pm On May 14, 2015
To everybody that will be facing oyinbo man at the us embassy for this fall term, i wish u all d very best .. U go win as chelsea take win premier league in sha Allah.. E shey 'amin'..

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 14, 2015
Testimony loading. . .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:49pm On May 14, 2015
terefe:
To everybody that will be facing oyinbo man at the us embassy for this fall term, i wish u all d very best .. U go win as chelsea take win premier league in sha Allah.. E shey 'amin'..

Iseeeee! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 9:49pm On May 14, 2015
warriboy21:
Please o my school just emailed me Dat I should send an updated bank statement for i20 issuance. But my sponsor is not in town and will b coming next Wednesday.

Wil d bank b able to issue me his statement on his behalf
Has anyone gotten soa without d sponsor present?

No... it cant be issue to you since you ain't signatory to the account
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 9:51pm On May 14, 2015
doctore89:
Hello house, Can sevis fee be paid from Nigeria? If yes Can it be paid via western union? How much am I likely to use paying this fee ( I know its $200) I need Naira equivalent plus bank charges (estimate). Thanks

You cant not pay in Nigeria via Western union..

As at yesterday dollars exchange rate is #211, it always fluctuate.

Go to seme border and make the payment or someone in usa should help you out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 9:53pm On May 14, 2015
Nabylet:

SATI

blublahd:

ok....7 days from now.

I hope and pray that you both will score above 1500 each
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 9:54pm On May 14, 2015
pcbo:
Please at de point of entry,how old must de bank statement be?
Can I used the same bank statement I used for embassy or need to go for new one

They dont ask but you can take it along incase of necessity
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 9:55pm On May 14, 2015
gbemzy1:
hello guys, is there any way one can skip education usa stuff @minnesota state university mankato.

Nope you cant if you are going to the school

But you can apply to other schools that does not have any collaboration with EducationUSA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 9:56pm On May 14, 2015
terefe:

Amen ooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:59pm On May 14, 2015
gbemzy1:
Actually you can't cheesy cheesy cheesy

You may have to look elsewhere. There are so many schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by terefe(m): 10:17pm On May 14, 2015
Walspring:

Amen ooooo
worry not for ur passport has been detained and stamped!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:22pm On May 14, 2015
terefe:
worry not for ur passport has been detained and stamped!

Collected and stamped
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by terefe(m): 10:30pm On May 14, 2015
Walspring:

Collected and stamped
all join, our DNAs are different, so is our grammar.. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:33pm On May 14, 2015
terefe:
all join, our DNAs are different, so is our grammar.. wink

You are right... grin grin grin

I roger that!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 10:56pm On May 14, 2015
profojah:

Lol...Warri my guy!!
The bank won't even try that..Even if the sponsor is your biological father, they wont..its either you wait for the person to be back next Wednesday OR if its urgent, Tell the person to get the statement for you at any branch of his/her bank and scan it to you which you'l forward to the school(if your school requires the scan copy of SOA).

ok i guess my best bet na to wait bdat na.....
thks for d advice ..nutin do u
kpoko 4 u..ur teeth complete jare grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 14, 2015
terefe:
Lol... grin

They will also create a space-wing champion passage line to walk majestically on blue-carpet at the POE as Liverpool did against Chelsea insha Allah...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 10:57pm On May 14, 2015
slimmy05:
If your uncle is a big boy with an account officer helping him manage his account, yes you can get it. Tell him to call his account officer to prepare his statement for you.

lol Hes my dad nyways....
thks for d advice i wil do jus dat.

i hail

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 10:58pm On May 14, 2015
Walspring:

No... it cant be issue to you since you ain't signatory to the account

i hear u ma real guy,,,hwfa na
na wer u press put since na
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:01pm On May 14, 2015
DARKLIGHT:
Testimony loading. . .
You will get it this time, I await your testimony...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by terefe(m): 11:04pm On May 14, 2015
profojah:

Lol... grin

They will also create a space-wing champion passage line to walk majestically on blue-carpet at the POE as Liverpool did against Chelsea insha Allah...
on point baba!... They think say na small tin, they will take!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 11:06pm On May 14, 2015
warriboy21:

ok i guess my best bet na to wait bdat na.....
thks for d advice ..nutin do u
kpoko 4 u..ur teeth complete jare grin

Guy, if ur papa no go return on time, e beta if u fit follow Slimmy advice if ur papa fit talk to hin accounting officer. Na to just mail the accounting officer say make dem give am to u. E go don mail dem ur identity join which dem fit document as d instruction. If otherwise, then wait till he returns.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 14, 2015
terefe:
on point baba!... They think say na small tin, they will take!
Naso....Your head is valid!!..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:24pm On May 14, 2015
warriboy21:

i hear u ma real guy,,,hwfa na
na wer u press put since na

Busy schedule my surest guy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 11:25pm On May 14, 2015
djmakson:

Guy, if ur papa no go return on time, e beta if u fit follow Slimmy advice if ur papa fit talk to hin accounting officer. Na to just mail the accounting officer say make dem give am to u. E go don mail dem ur identity join which dem fit document as d instruction. If otherwise, then wait till he returns.

ok sir..paleh go sho on wednesday nxt week sha ,,,but i wan stil try call am to kn weda e fit call him acount officer..as adviced by slimmy

notin do u ma real guy i hail. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:08am On May 15, 2015
Walspring:

I hope and pray that you both will score above 1500 each
amen. Perhaps a 2100 cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.