Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,950 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (711233 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by hottyarewa(f): 7:39am On Aug 26, 2015
stevecrun:
I've learnt to ignore so many pple on here. This was a girl that contacted me out of the blue via email..Telling me she was coming this Thursday to Houston if I could come pick her up at the airport and help accomodate her for a few days..which I found no problem with.I adviced her since you going to be studying and staying in Houston I have a free masters bedroom which is currently empty..I told her it will go for 500usd a month light and water inclusive in the 500..She told me 500 is much,that is there not one below 400 that is there work she can do in Houston to pay bills,I said no work,you need legal documents...,I should send her the pictures of the room. I told her I would walk round the house later and send her pictures I just came back from work,it's 8am,ive been awake all night working.I sent her couple of messages till today she never replied..Where did I go wrong?Telling me God pass me..This is a girl,I'd wanted to introduce to my girlfriend cause my girl attends Texas southern university,so that she will feel at home..Since,helping someone on this thread is a crime now...then it needs to stop.

Can u screenshot our chats nd paste so ur errors can b pointed out to u by som1 else nd nt me? Hmmmm,eniyan!!!

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by MsNas(f): 8:06am On Aug 26, 2015
imperiouxx:

I need accommodation too. Beggars no dey get choice... I fit stay with girls, I no mind.

Thanks!
Lol. Would you like to stay with me? I can't vouch for your safety though o cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 8:37am On Aug 26, 2015
MsNas:

Lol. Would you like to stay with me? I can't vouch for your safety though o cheesy cheesy

Me nko?You have no problem with me cos am Gay grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by zeezahbee(f): 8:47am On Aug 26, 2015
imperiouxx:

A large bedroom including utility at $500 in a city.... they should be dancing and rejoicing.

Their mates that came straight to NYC are tasting serious mehmeh now. grin That's about $1100/mo here.

Talking about work on day one. I see lot of newcomers here trying to speed up things over night. I hope journey of 2-4 years won't be everlasting one for them.
Yeah, that's how cheap houses can be in Houston. Na even standard house oo. No be house with cats and rats like NY. I have learnt lesson on NL that helping is evil. I can't promise to even accommodate anyone because I hate insult. Am not so good in that aspect and I want my peace.

For those still searching accommodation, I pray you find breakthrough. It's always hard first few days. I could remember when I came and I had to contact few folks here but none showed concern. But if you got your money, you will find something.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 10:29am On Aug 26, 2015
Would be flying with 7k cash, hope there wouldn't be any problem with that at the POE
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sorbitall: 10:45am On Aug 26, 2015
hottyarewa:

I jst cam online and I saw it all,it was meant 2 b a private chat cos dat was au I contacted dos I did bt u shld read 4m wia it strted 4m and u wuld knw why I responded! Its Owk anyways.

It beats my imagination when I learn how angry people become when others know that somebody helped them with stuffs such as accommodation... For real, who has never been helped in any capacity before?

Meanwhile, I'm still searching for a place to crash for 3days or less in Murfreesboro, Tennessee... I really don't care if everybody knows about that..why? Cos I'm very convinced that this is but for a very short while b4 I 'blow'

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by fregkay: 11:23am On Aug 26, 2015
5000likes
sorbitall:

It beats my imagination when I learn how angry people become when others know that somebody helped them with stuffs such as accommodation... For real, who has never been helped in any capacity before?

Meanwhile, I'm still searching for a place to crash for 3days or less in Murfreesboro, Tennessee... I really don't care if everybody knows about that..why? Cos I'm very convinced that this is but for a very short while b4 I 'blow'
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 1:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
My story continues...Honestly people should listen to gurus here for advice..prepare wella before coming..I am in a temporary accommodation here organized by international centre but I smell some difficulty ahead because we are just five Nigerians here.. I dnt even knw who to share apartment with..Na white community,I am thinking of going back now..please I need advice.. This is my story.. I was not doing pretty well in Nigeria before,so I decided to opt for a master degree in order to boost my profile..After the process had reach 95%..I got a contract outside naija.. Whx was $5k/per month, the contract was suppose to be 6months but I discovered payment voucher is being raised every 3months..I got TA offer in school,school resumption coincide with visa expiry.. Because of fear of unknown I came to US..so that I won't lose on both sides.cos my second. Payment might or might not be raised..I have resumed my TA job,started classes..I have even started discussing RA job with the prof in the future but my company is asking me to come back and finish my contract... I am thinking of deferment but I dnt want to look bad to the prof becos i need this kind package wen nxt am coming back..I am confused as hell..Ojap,imperrilox,Msnas and other gurus..i need help..I only came to US with $10k(two salary wey I do) so I am scared as hell. Tuition $6k for one yr becos of the TA position I got..TA position/$700 per month,cost of living is low here too.I can only take care of myself for a yr..na the other yr dey make me fear ..na why I wanted to change to Canada the other time but I dropped it cos of advice here..make una no abuse me oh..abegi una..I fit use $25k build house for my village and do masters in SA and still come back to US..na confused human being I be..lol..less I forget, one naija guy working with the prof..told me some people were praying I shdnt come cos they needed my fund too..I can defer till fall 2016 cos I can't make spring again..maybe I can work more and come back next yr but I still need TA/RA position.. How best can I break the news to him..abi make I sit down jejely since I don land.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 1:25pm On Aug 26, 2015
imperiouxx:

It was the customs that confiscated all their money at POE.

Lolz....

Maybe it was stolen immediately they moved out of POE..

grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 2:00pm On Aug 26, 2015
stevecrun:
I've learnt to ignore so many pple on here. This was a girl that contacted me out of the blue via email..Telling me she was coming this Thursday to Houston if I could come pick her up at the airport and help accomodate her for a few days..which I found no problem with.I adviced her since you going to be studying and staying in Houston I have a free masters bedroom which is currently empty..I told her it will go for 500usd a month light and water inclusive in the 500..She told me 500 is much,that is there not one below 400 that is there work she can do in Houston to pay bills,I said no work,you need legal documents...,I should send her the pictures of the room. I told her I would walk round the house later and send her pictures I just came back from work,it's 8am,ive been awake all night working.I sent her couple of messages till today she never replied..Where did I go wrong?Telling me God pass me..This is a girl,I'd wanted to introduce to my girlfriend cause my girl attends Texas southern university,so that she will feel at home..Since,helping someone on this thread is a crime now...then it needs to stop.

Wow
Don't stop being good because of one bad experience bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:42pm On Aug 26, 2015
profojah:
Nigerians will always be Nigerians.. Hmmm!!

Your head is valid..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:48pm On Aug 26, 2015
hottyarewa:

Can u screenshot our chats nd paste so ur errors can b pointed out to u by som1 else nd nt me? Hmmmm,eniyan!!!

Keep looking for screen shot and don't worry you will get it..

Why can't you let it go, you have your own fault and admit it as well, same goes to Stevecrun.

My advice is deal with that your ANGER because that was the reason why all these are happening on this thread because I heard your own story and Stevecrun story as well..

Don't forget that my words are irrational as you said this morning but I can't imagine you saying that this morning to me but I can over look while someone else can't over look

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 2:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
Pls nobody shd quote this issue of accommodation again..let it go...make una no vex...lobatan.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 3:04pm On Aug 26, 2015
@all you have all said it all on the issue of accommodation and accommodating but I don't think any one of us here would like to deal with someone who is not straightforward and sincere at all..

I wish everyone could hear from Stevecrun story and HottyArewa story, you will all hiss because to me what they are bragging, fighting and arguing on does not have head and tail..

To me, I observed that one was not straightforward to the other, one was not sincere with other, one was doubting the other, one does not believe the other, one thought I don't need to be disturbing you since you need my help, one thought your questions are to much for me to tell you more answers, one thought the other is eager disturbing because (s)he has something to benefit or gain from him or her etc. these are the things that gave birth to this issues sinxe both of them did not want to overlook and let it go

7 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Aug 26, 2015
Walspring:
@all you have all said it all on the issue of accommodation and accommodating but I don't think any one of us here would like to deal with someone who is not straightforward and sincere at all..

I wish everyone could hear from Stevecrun story and HottyArewa story, you will all hiss because to me what they are bragging, fighting and arguing on does not have head and tail..

To me, I observed that one was not straightforward to the other, one was not sincere with other, one was doubting the other, one does not believe the other, one thought I don't need to be disturbing you since you need my help, one thought your questions are to much for me to tell you more answers, one thought the other is eager disturbing because (s)he has something to benefit or gain from him or her etc. these are the things that gave birth to this issues sinxe both of them did not want to overlook and let it go
Remind me to hook you up with that babe cos of the little brain you just showcased.. I'll tell her Wale is brainful grin he's a witty guy to be with. Lol

Besides, this issue shouldn't be up here for guys that knew nothing about the genesis. The rough side of the issue should have been straighten between themselves. Hottyarewa to me was kinda wrong, for saying "God pass you". Stevecrun on his previous post said " he knew the person you were talking about without mentioning names" and this shouldn't have led hottyarewa to say that even if they had something hidden from others to know. They should all let it go.. And that shouldn't stop people in pole positions to proffer help when needed. We are all one. Please!. I'll still need more of you guy's help here!. Abeg!...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
Walspring:

Wale, one thing you should realize is that everyone has problem including me as well.

Stevecrun is the one paying for bills in that house and can decide on whom to accomodate and what he wants. His decision is final.

Today, someone wanted me to do something for him and billed him, he said the bill is relatively high and I told him to fucck off.

I expected your friend to kind of beg and promise to bring some food stuffs from Nigeria to him when coming as a way of subsiding and making him happy.

We're all matured here and sometimes, people may not have enough resources to help. Not that they do not want to help actually.

Things are hard everywhere. Having the mentality you get helped by someone is somehow a drawback in the sense that if you do not get helped, what happens next?

Furthermore, schools that demand for financial documentation are not crazy. They want to see your financial plans before releasing an I-20.

Let this issue end please.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 3:59pm On Aug 26, 2015
stevecrun:
housing is not a problem over here,I paid 600usd for a room my first month till I found my foot.Always wanted to live in New york,but probably not now.

Hmm sure about the bolded?...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:02pm On Aug 26, 2015
sorbitall:
Would be flying with 7k cash, hope there wouldn't be any problem with that at the POE

Nope.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 4:23pm On Aug 26, 2015
Walspring:

Lolz....

Maybe it was stolen immediately they moved out of POE..

grin grin grin

Nope, once the customs know they are from Nigeria, they start seizing the money like they seize indomie noodles.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 4:26pm On Aug 26, 2015
stevecrun:
housing is not a problem over here,I paid 600usd for a room my first month till I found my foot.Always wanted to live in New york,but probably not now.

You've to think about the New York very well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 26, 2015
imperiouxx:

You've to think about the New York very well.
lool.maybe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 26, 2015
@all,thanks for all your advices towards this issue..I don't even have time sef,neither do I know her..She's just one random person that just pops up every now and then..The only thing on my mind now is that next dollar...

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by biikeys(m): 4:39pm On Aug 26, 2015
akin3102:
My story continues...Honestly people should listen to gurus here for advice..prepare wella before coming..I am in a temporary accommodation here organized by international centre but I smell some difficulty ahead because we are just five Nigerians here.. I dnt even knw who to share apartment with..Na white community,I am thinking of going back now..please I need advice.. This is my story.. I was not doing pretty well in Nigeria before,so I decided to opt for a master degree in order to boost my profile..After the process had reach 95%..I got a contract outside naija.. Whx was $5k/per month, the contract was suppose to be 6months but I discovered payment voucher is being raised every 3months..I got TA offer in school,school resumption coincide with visa expiry.. Because of fear of unknown I came to US..so that I won't lose on both sides.cos my second. Payment might or might not be raised..I have resumed my TA job,started classes..I have even started discussing RA job with the prof in the future but my company is asking me to come back and finish my contract... I am thinking of deferment but I dnt want to look bad to the prof becos i need this kind package wen nxt am coming back..I am confused as hell..Ojap,imperrilox,Msnas and other gurus..i need help..I only came to US with $10k so I am scared as hell. Tuition $6k for one yr becos of the TA position I got..TA position/$700 per month,cost of living is low here too.I can only take care of myself for a yr..na the other yr dey make me fear ..na why I wanted to change to Canada the other time but I dropped it cos of advice here..make una no abuse me oh..abegi una..I fit use $25k build house for my village and do masters in SA and still come back to US..na confused human being I be..lol..less I forget, one naija guy working with the prof..told me some people were praying I shdnt come cos they needed my fund too..I can defer till fall 2016 cos I can't make spring again..maybe I can work more and come back next yr but I still need TA/RA position.. How best can I break the news to him..abi make I sit down jejely since I don land.

Well..change doesn't always feel good initially-you're not alone there.
I was the only African in all my classes throughout. That's a typical situation in a lot of schools..you just need to mix and interact with people. Trust me, the Indians and Chinese have lots of information. You need to get close to take advantage of that. Some of them also make really good friends.
And...you're already here. My advice is to just complete what you've come for-it's a worthwhile investment! You're a TA which is even better. If your school allows internships, you can start applying to companies for CPT after your first semester. That way you can go on internship after two semesters. You'd probably lose your TA but then you will have to do some analysis to see which one benefits you more.
But then, it's your decision!

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2015
Thank you Sir..Honestly my coming here was fire brigade approach.Came back to naija on Saturday..had interview on Monday and collected my passport on Thursday.. Travelled on Saturday...All in the name of retaining the TA position..Someone advised me to discuss with the Prof about my remaining contract with my company. I woudnt mind going back dats if I can get a TA/RA come fall 2016.
biikeys:

Well..change doesn't always feel good initially-you're not alone there.
I was the only African in all my classes throughout. That's a typical situation in a lot of schools..you just need to mix and interact with people. Trust me, the Indians and Chinese have lots of information. You need to get close to take advantage of that. Some of them also make really good friends.
And...you're already here. My advice is to just complete what you've come for-it's a worthwhile investment! You're a TA which is even better. If your school allows internships, you can start applying to companies for CPT after your first semester. That way you can go on internship after two semesters. You'd probably lose your TA but then you will have to do some analysis to see which one benefits you more.
But then, it's your decision!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Aug 26, 2015
Mystiqme my boss!, .Ojah has come again!. Kindly check your mail boss. I need your say on that!. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 5:46pm On Aug 26, 2015
Hi everyone been a while, shout out to stewee great guy , men the fear of assignments is the beginning of failure for here o grin, it's wonderful here, Nigerians are great people, met some "bookworm" Nigerians here, we behave like the Chinese here cheesy , lots of Botswana here Government funded shocked to come study mining......every international student stay in the US is factored to how well informed you are, thanks guys for your life saving information on here......abeg the veterans should be responding to your emails and instant messages, so people are vexing for you guys wink cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2015
stevecrun:
@all,thanks for all your advices towards this issue..I don't even have time sef,neither do I know her..She's just one random person that just pops up every now and then..The only thing on my mind now is that next dollar...

Abeg share the Dollar come my side... grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Snazzygirl: 6:39pm On Aug 26, 2015
akin3102:
My story continues...Honestly people should listen to gurus here for advice..prepare wella before coming..I am in a temporary accommodation here organized by international centre but I smell some difficulty ahead because we are just five Nigerians here.. I dnt even knw who to share apartment with..Na white community,I am thinking of going back now..please I need advice.. This is my story.. I was not doing pretty well in Nigeria before,so I decided to opt for a master degree in order to boost my profile..After the process had reach 95%..I got a contract outside naija.. Whx was $5k/per month, the contract was suppose to be 6months but I discovered payment voucher is being raised every 3months..I got TA offer in school,school resumption coincide with visa expiry.. Because of fear of unknown I came to US..so that I won't lose on both sides.cos my second. Payment might or might not be raised..I have resumed my TA job,started classes..I have even started discussing RA job with the prof in the future but my company is asking me to come back and finish my contract... I am thinking of deferment but I dnt want to look bad to the prof becos i need this kind package wen nxt am coming back..I am confused as hell..Ojap,imperrilox,Msnas and other gurus..i need help..I only came to US with $10k(two salary wey I do) so I am scared as hell. Tuition $6k for one yr becos of the TA position I got..TA position/$700 per month,cost of living is low here too.I can only take care of myself for a yr..na the other yr dey make me fear ..na why I wanted to change to Canada the other time but I dropped it cos of advice here..make una no abuse me oh..abegi una..I fit use $25k build house for my village and do masters in SA and still come back to US..na confused human being I be..lol..less I forget, one naija guy working with the prof..told me some people were praying I shdnt come cos they needed my fund too..I can defer till fall 2016 cos I can't make spring again..maybe I can work more and come back next yr but I still need TA/RA position.. How best can I break the news to him..abi make I sit down jejely since I don land.

Mheeen...sounds like you have some serious decisions to make. Your story just gave me questions, so I probably don't have a solution for you #sorry. This is the first thing that popped into my head....if you go back and complete your contract, what will you do till fall 2016 after completing the contract? Can you extend the contract? Will you stay at home till August next year doing nothing?
On the other end, I'm assuming you signed a six months contract. Is it wise to burn your bridges? Will the company be ok with you quitting "politely"? If you decide to stay put here, you'll probably be fine on $700 a month for a while if you cut your "suit" according to the "fabric yards". How many years is your program? Do some calculations based on how much you have right now in your account + TA pay, do u think u'd be fine for the length of your program? Do you think you need another job? Where do you want to be, what do you want?

Pardon my one million questions, just sharing my "weird thought process" grin. Anyways, go back to the drawing board, answer all the questions above, make a decision FAST and communicate the decision to the parties negatively affected (with apology). Good luck! smiley

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Stewee(m): 6:41pm On Aug 26, 2015
amanze15:
Hi everyone been a while, shout out to stewee great guy , men the fear of assignments is the beginning of failure for here o grin, it's wonderful here, Nigerians are great people, met some "bookworm" Nigerians here, we behave like the Chinese here cheesy , lots of Botswana here Government funded shocked to come study mining......every international student stay in the US is factored to how well informed you are, thanks guys for your life saving information on here......abeg the veterans should be responding to your emails and instant messages, so people are vexing for you guys wink cheesy

What's good bruh?!
LOL

Good to know things are okay with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by amanze15(m): 10:57pm On Aug 26, 2015
Stewee:

What's good bruh?!
LOL

Good to know things are okay with you.
boss, thanks for the interactive session, cheesy cool how are u today?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Snazzygirl: 10:58pm On Aug 26, 2015
Anybody in New Mexico?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 11:01pm On Aug 26, 2015
DeeTus:
Wale, one thing you should realize is that everyone has problem including me as well.

Stevecrun is the one paying for bills in that house and can decide on whom to accomodate and what he wants. His decision is final.

Today, someone wanted me to do something for him and billed him, he said the bill is relatively high and I told him to fucck off.

I expected your friend to kind of beg and promise to bring some food stuffs from Nigeria to him when coming as a way of subsiding and making him happy.

We're all matured here and sometimes, people may not have enough resources to help. Not that they do not want to help actually.

Things are hard everywhere. Having the mentality you get helped by someone is somehow a drawback in the sense that if you do not get helped, what happens next?

Furthermore, schools that demand for financial documentation are not crazy. They want to see your financial plans before releasing an I-20.

Let this issue end please.

We all have one problem or the other but I don't think people who want solution for his or her problem will be hiding it from people that he or she want them to solve his or her problem..

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.