Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:53 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (79) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (707821 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 11, 2015
jamesflaw:
Arrived at the embassy soaked from rain and was very angry because my dad couldn't wait for the taxi driver who we had called thinking i would miss my interview. finally got to the embassy at 5:30am and had to wait till around 7 till they started. when i got into the embassy, at the entrance of the main building(not compound), a lady was told to go back outside because she was with a sealed envelope and the security personnel was saying it may be a letter bomb grin . finally got in and queued of thE line. dUE to the fact the i was wet and the A.C's were on, i began shivering and i taught the vo might think i'm shaking and scared. i began listening to people's interviews . the Asian guy asked one woman( probably in her 40's going for a student visa) why did you choose this school and not any other school in the united states shocked undecided o boy me sef i confuse i tried thinking of what to say but i knew that no matter what i say about a school, there are other schools which also offer or have that also. As my turn was approaching and it became evident that i may be interviewed by him, i shifted to the side of the line so that if he calls, i could tell the lady behind me to go that i want to arrange my documents cheesy . Gbam counter 4 a black woman. i said thank God

ME - Good day ma'am
VO - Good morning

VO- pass me ur documents.
i passed them

VO - so we'll go ahead and verify ur fingerprints
ME - i pt my right hand first

VO - left hand first please
ME - in my mind i was like chai so i don already begin cast.

VO - so MR Bleep tell me how u came about/chose this school
ME - Well when i went to th S back in 2013 i visited quite a number of universities and WPUNJ was one of them and then when i came back to nigeria, and it was time for me to apply, i began researching sing sites like usnews.com collegeboard.com and google.com and i streamlined and narrowed my search by looking for schools which are know for their credible nursing program and during he research, i found out that WPUNJ's nrsing program is ranked among the top 20 in the north eastern part of the US

VO - ranked by who
ME - Ehow( i don dey fear say she wan google the thing)

VO - sorry they are ranked what
ME - among the top 20 nursing programs in the North-eastern part of the US

Vo - ok

VO - so why this course ( nursing)
ME - well i believe that the standard of healthcare in nigeria can use a little upgrage....(cuts in)

VO - so why don't you go for medicine , why nursing?
ME - ( i was looking at the woman like wetin this woman dey talk doesn't she know i have to do a course first undecided ) Well i have to do a four year couse before i wold be able to get into med school

VO - ok

VO - so did you take any tests?
ME - yes SAt and TOEFL

VO - what were your scores
ME 1620 and 96

Vo - who will be sponsoring you
ME- my dad

VO - what does he do
me- he is an account and works with chevron

Vo - how many years has he worked there
me- told her

vo- so do you ave any relative in new jersey
me - yes myy sister

VO- asked some personal questions
me - told her

VO - typing typing.....

VO - brings out white paper and tells me i'll receive sms when the visa is ready
me - tank you ma'am

no document asked for and i was scared because the bulk of money was in a fixed account which i was told here dat it is not accepted. the woman was jst looking at me like i shold just recite what i've learnt and get ot that i'm wasting her time.
o boi instagram go know me this fall cool ( please i'm not jjc. it's not my first time) follow on IG @jamesflaw ;
Congrats man. Have fun! What's your age bracket?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by igbonerd(m): 7:58pm On Jun 11, 2015
bbdd:

Wait for the new i20 then. But know you'll be on a very short leash for sevis fee payment, visa appointment etc.

I suggest you pre arrange those so you don't waste time.

Yes, most likely. From the advice I've picked up here and off here, I'll schedule the interview for the last week in July. By God's grace, I'd have paid off the requisite fees by then.

I appreciate your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
jamesflaw:

no document asked for and i was scared because the bulk of money was in a fixed account which i was told here dat it is not accepted. the woman was jst looking at me like i shold just recite what i've learnt and get ot that i'm wasting her time.
o boi instagram go know me this fall cool ( please i'm not jjc. it's not my first time) follow on IG @jamesflaw grin

Congratulations once again!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:03pm On Jun 11, 2015
igbonerd:

Yes, most likely. From the advice I've picked up here and off here, I'll schedule the interview for the last week in July. By God's grace, I'd have paid off the requisite fess by then.

I appreciate your response.

Cool
Just as long your decision is guided. You're good!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Richmond996: 8:15pm On Jun 11, 2015
jamesflaw:
Arrived at the embassy soaked from rain and was very angry because my dad couldn't wait for the taxi driver who we had called thinking i would miss my interview. finally got to the embassy at 5:30am and had to wait till around 7 till they started. when i got into the embassy, at the entrance of the main building(not compound), a lady was told to go back outside because she was with a sealed envelope and the security personnel was saying it may be a letter bomb grin . finally

got in and queued of thE line. dUE to the fact the i was wet and the A.C's were on, i began shivering and i taught the vo might think i'm shaking and scared. i began listening to people's interviews . the Asian guy asked one woman( probably in her 40's going for a student visa) why did you choose this school and not any other school in the united states shocked undecided o boy me sef i confuse i tried thinking of what to say but i knew that no matter what i say about a school, there are other schools which also offer or have that also. As my turn was approaching and it became evident that i may be interviewed by him, i shifted to the side of the line so that if he calls, i could tell the lady behind me to go that i want to arrange my documents cheesy . Gbam counter 4 a black woman. i said thank God

ME - Good day ma'am
VO - Good morning

i passed them

ME - Well when i went to th S back in 2013 i visited quite a number of universities and WPUNJ was one of them and then when i came back to nigeria, and it was time for me to apply, i began researching sing sites like usnews.com collegeboard.com and google.com and i streamlined and narrowed my search by looking for schools which are know for their credible nursing program and during he research, i found out that WPUNJ's nrsing program is ranked among the top 20 in the north eastern part of the US

VO - ranked by who

Vo - ok

ME - well i believe that the standard of healthcare in nigeria can use a little upgrage....(cuts in)

ME - ( i was looking at the woman like wetin this woman dey talk doesn't she know i have to do a course first undecided ) Well i have to do a four year couse before i wold be able to get into med school

VO - ok

ME - yes SAt and TOEFL

ME 1620 and 96

ME- my dad

VO - what does he do

me- told her

me - yes myy sister

me - told her

VO - typing typing.....

VO - brings out white paper and tells me i'll receive sms when the visa is ready
me - tank you ma'am

o boi instagram go know me this fall cool ( please i'm not jjc. it's not my first time) follow on IG @jamesflaw grin

So you be Festac boy. Congrats all d best
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 11, 2015
DeeTus:
Congrats man. Have fun! What's your age bracket?
I'm 17

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 11, 2015
[quote author=Richmond996 post=34673055][/quote]how you take know?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 10:34pm On Jun 11, 2015
my i20 is scheduled to arive on tuesdy nest week....dats because i just tracked it with a dhl tracking number ofcos grin

obob dhl tins o grin
obob na free shipment dis sch de gv me so o,,,i tot i i wud pay o shocked

oya oya oya make tuesday reach fast fast make i storm embasy smiley
well i thank God n you al
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jahbless82: 10:42pm On Jun 11, 2015
@bbdd

Please ur response will be highly appreciated

Jahbless82:

Congrats bro

Please did you send your sister's SOA and yours to get I-20 ?
Who did you fill on "Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip" on DS-160 form: self/Family?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Richmond996: 10:54pm On Jun 11, 2015
jamesflaw:
how you take know?

Instagram, is Naomi nd edilawani in your set?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by coobboy(m): 11:00pm On Jun 11, 2015
jamesflaw:

I'm 17
Brotherly follow me too @caulcrick01 them go hear am this fall, people make sure in a follow me too oh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jun 11, 2015
jamesflaw:
I'm 17
k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Richmond996:

Instagram, is Naomi nd edilawani in your set?
Yes o.....how'd you know them
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 11:56pm On Jun 11, 2015
Jahbless82:
@bbdd

Please ur response will be highly appreciated

Don't get.
What's your question again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:39am On Jun 12, 2015
zenithforce:

Thanks

You are welcome but let's give the thanks to God

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:39am On Jun 12, 2015
warriboy21:

ok thks boss

Thanks to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 12:40am On Jun 12, 2015
jamesflaw:
Arrived at the embassy soaked from rain and was very angry because my dad couldn't wait for the taxi driver who we had called thinking i would miss my interview. finally got to the embassy at 5:30am and had to wait till around 7 till they started. when i got into the embassy, at the entrance of the main building(not compound), a lady was told to go back outside because she was with a sealed envelope and the security personnel was saying it may be a letter bomb grin . finally got in and queued of thE line. dUE to the fact the i was wet and the A.C's were on, i began shivering and i taught the vo might think i'm shaking and scared. i began listening to people's interviews . the Asian guy asked one woman( probably in her 40's going for a student visa) why did you choose this school and not any other school in the united states shocked undecided o boy me sef i confuse i tried thinking of what to say but i knew that no matter what i say about a school, there are other schools which also offer or have that also. As my turn was approaching and it became evident that i may be interviewed by him, i shifted to the side of the line so that if he calls, i could tell the lady behind me to go that i want to arrange my documents cheesy . Gbam counter 4 a black woman. i said thank God

ME - Good day ma'am
VO - Good morning

i passed them

VO - ranked by who

Vo - ok

VO - ok

ME - yes SAt and TOEFL

ME 1620 and 96

ME- my dad

VO - what does he do

me- told her

me - yes myy sister

me - told her

VO - typing typing.....

me - tank you ma'am

Congrats and enjoy your stay in Obamaland

Cheers!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Richmond996: 1:16am On Jun 12, 2015
jamesflaw:

Yes o.....how'd you know them

He was once in radiance, I went to radiance while Naomi was my neighbour. Which celebrity is coming for you guys grad, last time edilawani brought burna boy to radiance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bebeto2014: 7:04am On Jun 12, 2015
DeeTus:
Don't be scared. Just brace up for a good interview. If your situation has improved last you were denied a visa, I think you would get the visa this time. Put God first in whatever you do, he already knew what is right for you.

Wishing you the best of mother luck!!
thanks. i just book appointment in Lagos. but am really afriad of lagos. i have been in Abuja 2 times. so do u think going to lagos wil nt be a risk. i wanted to keep on going to Abuja but the is not favourable to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by wynaskawai: 8:20am On Jun 12, 2015
jamesflaw:
Visa approved this morning at Lagos consulate 6:30am transcript coming later. Glory be to God

Chai that Asian guy dey destabilize people o....wanted to run to the toilet when I was next and taught he would call be but thankfully I was call to window 4 .a black woman who was mature interviewed me cheesy
Thank God... we keep pushing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by profdot(m): 8:24am On Jun 12, 2015
Congratulations to everyone. Visas being approved left, right and centre. I tapped into the anointing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 9:00am On Jun 12, 2015
visa approved 7.30am today Abuja...transcript coming shortly.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 12, 2015
bartino:
visa approved 7.30am today Abuja...transcript coming shortly.

Congratulations, Bartino!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 9:24am On Jun 12, 2015
A guy in beard....
vo : good morning
me: morning sir
vo: what's your purpose in USA?
me:pursue masters in mechanical engineering
vo: school?
the me : south dakota state university
vo: idea of location?
me: Brookings
why this school : have research in computational fluid dynamic which is in line with my work experience and I have been welcomed into Dr. Gent Stephens research on optimization of mechanical systems using computational fluid dynamic technology
vo:what you do as a mechanical engineer?
me; analysis of mechanical systems, process engineering and troubleshooting.
vo:when did you graduate?
me:2013
vo: undergraduate?
me: mechanical engineering
me: university of benin
vo:what you being doing?
me: work voluntarily for Joe mechanic workshop for youth empowerment and went for my mandatory national youth services call were I work for wean and company.
vo: who's paying?
me: my dad
vo: what does he do?
me: an industrial consultant and own anew engineering company
vo:has your dad travel before?
me : yes
vo: where
me: UK,Japan, China
vo: have you gone outside Nigeria?
me:no
vo:tour dad being to USA?
me: no
vo: why didn't daa take you to UK with him?
me: it was a business trip
vo: account statement
me : shown, he checked.
vo: okay
vo:approving your visa,get winter outfit

Advice; make up your script yourself, understand it don't cram cos questons can come in different forms,be confident, though I was timid at start,PUT GOD FIRST.

thanks to bossssssss Slimmy, you the best thanks for everything... more blessings to you to all nialra land guys you guys are great and to those yet to go for theirs it will be successful in Jesus name

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:28am On Jun 12, 2015
bebeto2014:
thanks. i just book appointment in Lagos. but am really afriad of lagos. i have been in Abuja 2 times. so do u think going to lagos wil nt be a risk. i wanted to keep on going to Abuja but the is not favourable to me.
Lol, honestly, I am not a VO. You went to Abuja twice and got denied?

Heading to Lagos this time isn't a bad decision.

Just fortify yourself with some powerful prayers, keep your fingers crossed and hope for the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 12, 2015
Richmond996:

He was once in radiance, I went to radiance while Naomi was my neighbour. Which celebrity is coming for you guys grad, last time edilawani brought burna boy to radiance.

Lol...I also heard tho it was his sister in radiance that brought him.. So I'm guessing u graduated last year?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 12, 2015
bartino:
A guy in beard....

Advice; make up your script yourself, understand it don't cram cos questions can come in different forms,be confident, though I was timid at start,PUT GOD FIRST.

Congratulations once again. Right information and utilization of right information is power. June has been great so far. Let the testimonies be endless.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 12, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Congratulations once again. Right information and utilization of right information is power. June has been great so far. Let the testimonies be endless.
June is always good for visa. Congrats @Bart.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 12, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Lol, June is always good visa of course. Congrats @Bart.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Jahbless82: 9:46am On Jun 12, 2015
@bbdd

I read your transcript and in it you said you & sister will finance your study.
Soo, I want to know if you send your sister's SOA and yours to get I-20 and Who did you fill on "Person/Entity Paying for Your Trip" on DS-160 form: self/Family?

bbdd:

Don't get.
What's your question again?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by benjaminiyke(m): 9:50am On Jun 12, 2015
bartino:
A guy in beard....
vo : good morning
me: morning sir
vo: what's your purpose in USA?
me:pursue masters in mechanical engineering
the me : south dakota state university
vo: idea of location?
me: Brookings
why this school : have research in computational fluid dynamic which is in line with my work experience and I have been welcomed into Dr. Gent Stephens research on optimization of mechanical systems using computational fluid dynamic technology
vo:what you do as a mechanical engineer?
me; analysis of mechanical systems, process engineering and troubleshooting.
vo:when did you graduate?
me:2013
vo: undergraduate?
me: mechanical engineering
me: university of benin
vo:what you being doing?
me: work voluntarily for Joe mechanic workshop for youth empowerment and went for my mandatory national youth services call were I work for wean and company.
vo: who's paying?
me: my dad
vo: what does he do?
me: an industrial consultant and own anew engineering company
vo:has your dad travel before?
me : yes
vo: where
me: UK,Japan, China
vo: have you gone outside Nigeria?
me:no
vo:tour dad being to USA?
me: no
vo: why didn't daa take you to UK with him?
me: it was a business trip
vo: account statement
me : shown, he checked.
vo: okay
vo:approving your visa,get winter outfit

Advice; make up your script yourself, understand it don't cram cos questons can come in different forms,be confident, though I was timid at start,PUT GOD FIRST.

thanks to bossssssss Slimmy, you the best thanks for everything... more blessings to you to all nialra land guys you guys are great and to those yet to go for theirs it will be successful in Jesus name
congrats. Pls sorry to ask,how much is your yearly expense and how much bank balance did you show? This information is useful to me. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) (81) (82) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.