Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,796 members, 7,851,684 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:26 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (85) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (715366 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 4:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
kennyrony:

@Nabylet I hope u are not going to the embassy wit Wartburg College i-20

I'm just asking, i also applied to morgan state uni and south carolina state uni, waiting on them but just got an email of admission from wartburg with scholarship. thats y I'm asking, going for a 4yr degree tho.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

I'm just asking, i also applied to morgan state uni and south carolina state uni, waiting on them but just got an email of admission from wartburg with scholarship. thats y I'm asking, going for a 4yr degree tho.
Ok nice. Full or partial scholarship?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 4:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
DeeTus:
Ok nice. Full or partial scholarship?

not full, its partial, i was only given $18k.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

$18k only? How much is the school fees?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Ok. But $18k is cool money.

Go with the school. At least that money will act as catalyst to your visa interview success at the embassy.

You're clever!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 5:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

18k? And it a partial scholarship. How much come be d tuition
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Ifymanuels(m): 5:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
DeeTus:
It's totally unacceptable!

Ask the school to send your admission packet to you first and then you proceed further.

Thanks. Will have to tell them to do an express mail then
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 5:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

18k for partial schorlarship?v shocked Then the actual tuition will be exorbitant. Why not wait for the decision of the 2 other schools you applied to? Your age is gonna be a huge factor with the CC admission thing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
There is nothing stopping you from attending community college. Why people usually advice you not to go to the embassy with it is due to it credibility. The advice is, get a university and a community college admission, go to embassy with the university admission and when you secure your visa, when you arrive US you transfer to the community college or you run away
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jun 14, 2015
djmakson:

18k for partial schorlarship?v shocked Then the actual tuition will be exorbitant. Why not wait for the decision of the 2 other schools you applied to? Your age is gonna be a huge factor with the CC admission thing.
I think her tuition may probably be over $30k. Schools at Iowa usually have higher school fees, even much higher than schools in Chicago. I really don't know why.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
$18k only? How much is the school fees?

Approx 32k
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Approx 32k
Community College? Please the name of the school and course?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
There is nothing stopping you from attending community college. Why people usually advice you not to go to the embassy with it is due to it credibility. The advice is, get a university and a community college admission, go to embassy with the university admission and when you secure your visa, when you arrive US you transfer to the community college or you run away
Lol. How weekend dey go. Happy sunday
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 6:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
Community College?

Eez like magic.

These cc just like to fleece international students.
Imagine the fees for an associate degree. Equivalent to HND.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Approx 32k
Ahhhhh. For d whole 4years?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by elmadavida(f): 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Elmadavida, Kennyrony is right. The study leave is a plus. May I ask if your undergraduate course, your job function, and intended course to study related? It's not that it really matters. It's just it will help the gurus to guide you in the preview of your intended interview transcript before the interview.

Yes the undergraduate course and job function are related. Intended course to study is a broader field and still covers a bit of my current discipline. But the name of the course written on the I-20 is different from that on the admission letter they gave me.
Although, the course name on the admission letter is the correct one, I used the name written on the I-20 while filling the DS-160 form.

I hope I have not done anything wrong.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:26pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:

I know CC is totally red flag, and I think CCs are schools that offers 2yrs associate or so to my understanding. This one is offering me 4yrs BSc, that's y I said I should ask if it's still considered CC undecided don't even understand again myself undecided
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
kennyrony:

Ahhhhh. For d whole 4years?

Lol. I wish. My brother for one year o. The application was free, so I jokingly applied and forgot all about it after I read about colleges here.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:29pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
Community College? Please the name of the school and course?

Wartburg College - Nursing BSc
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
DeeTus:
Ok. But $18k is cool money.

Go with the school. At least that money will act as catalyst to your visa interview success at the embassy.

You're clever!!!

The money is cool, not sure about the school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:31pm On Jun 14, 2015
djmakson:

I'm in my early 20s. I'm still waiting for the other schools, I just want to meet up with fall.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 6:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
elmadavida:

Yes the undergraduate course and job function are related. Intended course to study is a broader field and still covers a bit of my current discipline. But the name of the course written on the I-20 is different from that on the admission letter they gave me.
Although, the course name on the admission letter is the correct one, I used the name written on the I-20 while filling the DS-160 form.

I hope I have not done anything wrong.

You are good.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

The money is cool, not sure about the school.
Babe, the school is not Community College. Just checked it now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 6:33pm On Jun 14, 2015
bbdd:

Eez like magic.

They wrote 4years BSc o not associate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 6:34pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

I know CC is totally red flag, and I think CCs are schools that offers 2yrs associate or so to my understanding. This one is offering me 4yrs BSc, that's y I said I should ask if it's still considered CC undecided don't even understand again myself undecided
Lol. Don't worry u will understand
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Wartburg College - Nursing BSc
that's why it's expensive. It's a nursing program
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
Good day gurus, as my visa have been approved on Friday when is the time I will go check if it's ready? Tuesday or Wednesday? I want to avoid stress of travelling at the wrong time,thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
bbdd:

Eez like magic.

it is not equivalent to HND, it is equivalent to OND. With OND you can get into Junior here once your courses align with the ones to want to study.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 6:39pm On Jun 14, 2015
Good day gurus, as my visa have been approved on Friday when is the time I will go check if it's ready? Tuesday or Wednesday? I want to avoid stress of travelling to abuja at the wrong time,thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
bartino:
Good day gurus, as my visa have been approved on Friday when is the time I will go check if it's ready? Tuesday or Wednesday? I want to avoid stress of travelling at the wrong time,thanks.
you will get a mail notifying you when it's ready. You can also track it online.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

They wrote 4years BSc o not associate
You are correct. It's not a bad school. It's ok.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 6:42pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
you will get a mail notifying you when it's ready. You can also track it online.
okay thanks bro,you got the site to track it online?

(1) (2) (3) ... (82) (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) ... (402)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.