Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (86) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (715282 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

I know CC is totally red flag, and I think CCs are schools that offers 2yrs associate or so to my understanding. This one is offering me 4yrs BSc, that's y I said I should ask if it's still considered CC undecided don't even understand again myself undecided
your school is not a Community College, that was why I requested for the name and course. Community college are usually not expensive that was why
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 14, 2015
bartino:
okay thanks bro,you got the site to track it online?
I don't. Type on google you should get the link or login to your online booking page you will get the status there as well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
bartino:
okay thanks bro,you got the site to track it online?

Like Slimmy05 said, a mail will be sent to you. You can use this link to track it. http://ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp#passportcollect

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 6:48pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
I don't. Type on google you should get the link or login to your online booking page you will get the status there as well
boss slimmy always on top of everyone's issue you a boss in the making thanks boss.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

Like Slimmy05 said, a mail will be sent to you. You can use this link to track it. http://ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-passportretrieve.asp#passportcollect
thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 6:52pm On Jun 14, 2015
ridimic1:
Welcome back sir imperioux.. Are u planning settling in naija. Or u going back.

You guz gotta gv it all up to dis man.
He is a hero in dis thread. D only one who still find time to visit us ere consistently.. Not forgetting his ever charming congratulatory cheers to every successful visa applicants.

Baba tuale for u.. As u de land 9ja. Ur leg no suppose touch ground o. Na red carpet reception we de plan ere o lol

I hail

Not settling in Nigeria. We're only on 5 days visiting for her to meet my parents.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Spidyy: 6:53pm On Jun 14, 2015
DeeTus:
What's the name of the university you applied to?

It's University of Bridgeport bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jun 14, 2015
DARKLIGHT:

My boss.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 7:03pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
it is not equivalent to HND, it is equivalent to OND. With OND you can get into Junior here once your courses align with the ones to want to study.

Loool grin
Slimy ooooo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jun 14, 2015
Spidyy:

It's University of Bridgeport bro.
Alright.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 7:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
your school is not a Community College, that was why I requested for the name and course. Community college are usually not expensive that was why

slimmy05:
You are correct. It's not a bad school. It's ok.

Thanks a lot Slimmy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 7:18pm On Jun 14, 2015
DeeTus:
Babe, the school is not Community College. Just checked it now.

Thanks a lot. Will wait till next week and see if il will hear from the other schools. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
My boss.

Boss, I remain loyal. I go still bombard you with lots of questions at the appropriate time. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Thanks a lot. Will wait till next week and see if il will hear from the other schools. Thanks.
are you sure you can afford the school considering that amount. If you know you can't it's better you apply for graduate program and boost your chance of visa approval and apply to a CC for nursing programme to get your prerequisites for BSN

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 7:24pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Thanks a lot Slimmy

It's still expensive
And you don't know if the 18K is renewable through out your studies.
Just wait or mail the others for updates
Goo luck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 14, 2015
bbdd:

It's still expensive
Goo luck
Them no dey owe rent or bills here o. I remember when I almost throw blow with my caretaker naija say my papa never send my rent money grin For here, them go just fling your property inside trash.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nabylet(f): 8:16pm On Jun 14, 2015
bbdd:

It's still expensive
Goo luck

According to the email sent to me, the 18k will be credited to my account every year for 4years if I maintain a CGPA of 2.0 Which is practically possible. The only condition is that I stay on campus. Anyway, I will still wait for updates from the rest.
Thanks a lot.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

According to the email sent to me, the 18k will be credited to my account every year for 4years if I maintain a CGPA of 2.0 Which is practically possible. The only condition is that I stay on campus. Anyway, I will still wait for updates from the rest.
Thanks a lot.
If 18k is constant can you balance up every year? Can you feed and pay accommodation buy books? All this runs in millions considering exchange rate$1000 =200k every year you should budget minimum 5million for studies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by imperiouxx(m): 8:21pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
are you sure you can afford the school considering that amount. If you know you can't it's better you apply for graduate program and boost your chance of visa approval and apply to a CC for nursing programme to get your prerequisites for BSN

Also she can do accelerated course in nursing and she will become RN BSN in 2 years.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Spidyy: 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
DeeTus:
Alright.

Alright? I thought you were going to comment on my previous question hence you asked the name of the Uni?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 8:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
I am yet to receive my I-20. It was sent on 9th tuesday,am worried any idea on when I would receive it?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Spidyy: 8:25pm On Jun 14, 2015
f8luv87:
I am yet to receive my I-20. It was sent on 9th tuesday,am worried any idea on when I would receive it?
Request the tracking number from the school dear.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2015
f8luv87:
Sorry!. Weren't you the one that ask about how WES do send transcripts to schools 2weeks ago?. Has admission decision been made? So very fast!...

* To your question!, Was the i20 been sent thru courier or regular mail?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
imperiouxx:

Also she can do accelerated course in nursing and she will become RN BSN in 2 years.
exactly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 8:35pm On Jun 14, 2015
slimmy05:
Them no dey owe rent or bills here o. I remember when I almost throw blow with my caretaker naija say my papa never send my rent money grin For here, them go just fling your property inside trash.

Hahahaha
Slim we need to talk on the phone ooo

Will email you bro
Amelika no be small matter!! grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by akin3102(m): 8:36pm On Jun 14, 2015
How I wish I am around, I would have loved to be your personal driver during your trip.Maybe your wife has a sister that knows a sister whose sister's cousin sister is single.You will tell them am your cousin brother in Amanze15' voice.Enjoy your trip Sir..
imperiouxx:

Not settling in Nigeria. We're only on 5 days visiting for her to meet my parents.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 14, 2015
Spidyy:
Hello Guys,

I applied for a B1/B2 visa in Nov 2012 for a conference in Jan 18 2013 after undergoing admin processing for 2 months I was called the visa was issued however , I was on an assignment and I couldn't send in my passport for the visa to be stamped. I submitted my passport after the conference date which on Feb 14 2013 but it was refused.

Then in June of the same year 2013 I applied for a visit visa I was also denied.

Now , I am going for a masters degree program in a University in CT , I would like to know what my chances are really. I am married no kids. I am sponsoring myself.

Oh and the I-20 from the school just arrived.

Thank you.
When you're placed on administrative processing, you won't get a notification that your visa has been approved, you will only get mail to visit embassy and there you'll get your decision.

Now that's not the case, you need to know the root of your denial as it wasn't due to the late submission of your passport. There is something wrong somewhere.

Since you have decided to go for a Masters program and you've been issued I-20, well just read through the thread to get the process. If you have any questions you can drop here, I am sure there are more gurus here that will help you.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2015
Spidyy:

Alright? I thought you were going to comment on my previous question hence you asked the name of the Uni?
I lost track on your question probably because i was very busy with something else. Sorry about that.

If you were denied at first because you didn't submit your passport to the embassy, it means you snubbed them, secondly, you were denied.

I think you will have a lot of explanation to make this time but all in all, you will get your visa. Just pay attention to home ties.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by f8luv87: 9:22pm On Jun 14, 2015
profojah:

Sorry!. Weren't you the one that ask about how WES do send transcripts to schools 2weeks ago?. Has admission decision been made? So very fast!...

* To your question!, Was the i20 been sent thru courier or regular mail?
Sir prof,I will get back to you,let me be sure of what they are posting.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jun 14, 2015
Nabylet:

Ok, you're welcome! Use the school for your visa and convert to community college thereafter. "A stitch in time saves nine."
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 10:20pm On Jun 14, 2015
akin3102:
How I wish I am around, I would have loved to be your personal driver during your trip.Maybe your wife has a sister that knows a sister whose sister's cousin sister is single.You will tell them am your cousin brother in Amanze15' voice.Enjoy your trip Sir..

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

In addition the sister's cousin who is single is a Nigerian and based in Nigeria too, kindly take note of that.. grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (83) (84) (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) ... (402)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.