Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,098 members, 7,828,841 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 (709994 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 10 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (402) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by onuawuchi: 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2015
The assistants are rolling in but they're kinda late. Michigan Tech just offered me a GA to cover half my tuition with salary ( stipend). Now I already have my visa with MTSU with little amount for scholarship. I'll like to know if it's possible to transfer to M. Tech without doing any semester at Middle Tennessee State
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by eatwell423: 2:11pm On Jun 16, 2015
JabinodelaRatta:
Nah! You don't need to go through SOPHAS or WES. Transcripts are evaluated directly by the grad school. And yes, you could apply directly for MPH and have your transcript sent directly to the grad school. Man the heat here is terrible!
Alright, thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by eatwell423: 2:12pm On Jun 16, 2015
DanjaNinja:

Hi, Uniport alumus here. Has WES responded to your inquiry?
No, it usually takes like forever
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by eatwell423: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
HoneyBronzed:

Please how do I pay the sevis fee, I have printed the coupon online. Should I take the coupon to a designated bank (that has western union) and pay? If yes how much am I taking?
CC Walspring, will tell you how to pay via cotonou bank. You can also get someone to pay for you in US.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by anfanio: 2:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
onuawuchi:

The assistants are rolling in but they're kinda late. Michigan Tech just offered me a GA to cover half my tuition with salary ( stipend). Now I already have my visa with MTSU with little amount for scholarship. I'll like to know if it's possible to transfer to M. Tech without doing any semester at Middle Tennessee State

No, you must attend Middle Tennessee State for one semester before transferring to M. Tech. Your visa approval documents were based on MTSU
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Walspring: 2:50pm On Jun 16, 2015
stevecrun:
please;I'd like to ask a quick question.Do intending international students of Southwest Minnesota state university SMSU need to pay 2000usd from Nigeria to the school and show the bank draft to POE officials on point of entry??

The school is the best place to ask this question... Although the last time i spoke with Don first week of May he didn't say such and he told me that student need to get to school and pay and not pay before coming.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
onuawuchi:

Hello bro, am also heading to Michigan Tech. It possible you transfer to Michigan Tech without attending any semester

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 2:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
onuawuchi:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by anfanio: 3:04pm On Jun 16, 2015
stevecrun:
please;I'd like to ask a quick question.Do intending international students of Southwest Minnesota state university SMSU need to pay 2000usd from Nigeria to the school and show the bank draft to POE officials on point of entry??

You have to pay in the US and within one week of attending classes.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by onuawuchi: 3:16pm On Jun 16, 2015
anfanio:

No, you must attend Middle Tennessee State for one semester before transferring to M. Tech. Your visa approval documents were based on MTSU

Chai!

Thanks brother.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 3:48pm On Jun 16, 2015
onuawuchi:

Chai!

Thanks brother.
U av a PM bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by onuawuchi: 3:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
kennyrony:
U av a PM bro
I replied it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by samnoah(m): 4:21pm On Jun 16, 2015
sammynwaGod:

I was admitted to study graphics and web Design. .. my major is web design. . since 2010 it was jamb ooo ... dou in 2012 got admission buh I declined it cause I didn't want the course.

Is this a 4year undergrad? And I hope this is not a community college stuff. Name of the School? I don't think a major in Web Design for 4years is worth an investment.. Well may be if you got more to gain anyway. Just my thought.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bartino: 4:43pm On Jun 16, 2015
hello house good afternoon gurus, please anybody heading to South Dakota State University, Brookings? or towards south dakota state?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by bbdd: 4:59pm On Jun 16, 2015
onuawuchi:

Yes please.
Update your sevis info.
Contact slimmy05
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by onuawuchi: 5:20pm On Jun 16, 2015
bbdd:

Yes please. Update your sevis info. Contact slimmy05
Oh yea! Great news.

Thank you brotherly.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by happney65: 5:40pm On Jun 16, 2015
onuawuchi:

Oh yea! Great news.

Thank you brotherly.

See that info you just got..That is the reason why this place is Home..Nobody fit tell you this,those shylock agents go wan rip you off nii.we sef dey come join una very very soon
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Notonlyamerika: 5:56pm On Jun 16, 2015
idmanzik:

Unfortunately i fall within this category as i was interviewed last Tuesday (9th June). Well, hopefully the visas will be printed asap.

Pls does that notice concern visa applicants with appointments next week?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by halidaf: 6:01pm On Jun 16, 2015
Tnxxx a lot[quàote author=djmakson post=34809678]

Here, it is usually encouraged that you write @least a standardized test required by the school. This will not only increase your chances of getting funding or your tuition fee being waived, it will also present you as a serious student before the consular officer thereby increasing your chances of securing the F1 visa. These exams are not as problematic/scary as you might think. All it takes is for you to register for it and pick a date while you prepare towards it.

If you have read previous parts (1-6) you'ld have seen several testimonies to the fact. Please heed to the advice.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Spidyy: 6:02pm On Jun 16, 2015
I don't have GRE my University didn't require a GRE test for Msc. Computer science. If the VO asks?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 16, 2015
Spidyy:
I don't have GRE my University didn't require a GRE test for Msc. Computer science. If the VO asks?
Did you take IELTS or TOEFL?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by warriboy21(m): 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
Walspring:

I congratulate you my guy..

Go get that visa
Thanks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jun 16, 2015
good day guys pleaase i went to the embassy last week Wednesday . I was give a white paper and told I wold receive an sms when my visa is ready. But up till now i haven't received any sms. i'm confused and a little bit worried. Should i go to their location for pickup at VI and ask if its ready? or do i give them a call. And if so, which number do i call?

thanks in advance Guys.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by kennyrony(m): 6:30pm On Jun 16, 2015
onuawuchi:

I replied it
Tnks bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by eatwell423: 6:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
Spidyy:
That is the reason why you chose the school and that is the truth. US visa is not a right, you have to merit it to have it in as much as it doesn't guarantee entry. I would advice you defer your admission and write GRE and also apply to other better schools that would give you funding. You sound intelligent and I advice you do away with "it doesn't matter" attitude

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sammynwaGod(m): 6:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
samnoah:

Is this a 4year undergrad? And I hope this is not a community college stuff. Name of the School? I don't think a major in Web Design for 4years is worth an investment.. Well may be if you got more to gain anyway. Just my thought.

its not cc .... it's a private university. ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by sammynwaGod(m): 6:46pm On Jun 16, 2015
jamesflaw:
good day guys pleaase i went to the embassy last week Wednesday . I was give a white paper and told I wold receive an sms when my visa is ready. But up till now i haven't received any sms. i'm confused and a little bit worried. Should i go to their location for pickup at VI and ask if its ready? or do i give them a call. And if so, which number do i call?

thanks in advance Guys.

Track your visa status .... they are having problem issuing visa for now ...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
Walspring:

The school is the best place to ask this question... Although the last time i spoke with Don first week of May he didn't say such and he told me that student need to get to school and pay and not pay before coming.
thank you bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by ddbluv: 6:52pm On Jun 16, 2015
jamesflaw:

thanks in advance Guys.
Same here, its a general thing. They are having problems with the Visa stamp. Don't stress yourself, I also got approval last Wednesday but gonna chill out till this weekend b4 going there
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 7:34pm On Jun 16, 2015
Notonlyamerika:

Pls does that notice concern visa applicants with appointments next week?

We are currently unable to print most immigrant and nonimmigrant visas approved after June 8, 2015. In addition, U.S. Embassies/Consulates are currently unable to process new applications submitted on or after June 9, 2015. Applicants with interview appointments scheduled for this week, June 14-120, are asked to reschedule if they submitted a DS-160 online application after June 9, 2015. Appointments can be rescheduled by following the instructions located on (insert vendor’s website). Nonimmigrants visa applications who submitted their DS-160 online application prior to June 9, 2015, should plan to attend their scheduled appointment.

Implication:
Those whose interview fall within this week should reshedule.

If you submitted your application before June 9 and you have your interview next week, go for the interview o. Ma fi owo jona o!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by jakeharris(m): 7:36pm On Jun 16, 2015
yemzyray01:

Please how do I do that from Nigeria.

Emmm just ask the naija bank you wanna use for the routing number to the account. ...they gonna understand. ...when you paying the è check you gonna need it
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 by djmakson(m): 7:39pm On Jun 16, 2015
jamesflaw:

thanks in advance Guys.

This link would give you the answer: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html?firstTime=No

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) ... (402)

GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** / General Australian Visa Enquiries / North Cyprus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.