Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,006 members, 7,821,525 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE (7774 Views)

Oil Discovery In The North Is A Huge Blessing For The South / Keep Off Aso Rock Now, Man Who Predicted Mko’s Death, Gej's Defeat Warns Gmb / Financial Times Newspaper Hails Tinubu As The Godfather Behind GEJ's Defeat(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by ArodeTsolaye: 8:38pm On May 13, 2015
Setaje:

Whatever. I haven't been to eku nonsense. The name even sound absurd. So it is federal government that developed lagos to where it is today. Abeg swerve jare. And I am not from edo. I am delta. Go eat your heart out.

Just look at this smelly monkey, EKWULOBIA IS MORE DEVELOPED THAN WHATEVER CESSPIT YOUR FATHERS crawled out from, your brothers serving there will attest to that fact. Is delta a tribe? why aren't you proud of whatever useless monkey tribe. I am a proud Igbo man and i don't hide it. Only inferior people hide under english words like 'delta'.
Of course you can't be proud of your body odour, stinking mouth and TRIBE. That's inferiority right there, smelly stinko. **spits**
Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by halix239(f): 10:25pm On May 13, 2015
OkutaNla:

You people and empty threats sha! I recall many of you bragged that Buhari "can never rule a united Nigeria", there will be war if Buhari wins, blah blah blah. Igbos are a peculiar lot indeed. They are the ones trying to instigate the SS to secede along with you simply coz you lost your influence in gov't? ? Very childish bunch. Smh.

Gbam!!!

1 Like

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by halix239(f): 10:32pm On May 13, 2015
[quote author=Rose2014 post=33690499][b]Don't ever lump the Southsouth with the Southeast. They are separate entitie[/b]s. You read both books of protagonist of the war: "why we struck" and "there was a country" by ademoyega and Chinua Achebe, individuals represented the military and biafran media propaganda machine; yet you did not seen necessary to read " sunset in biafran" by elechi amadi. I know that you are not ijaw,because all ijaws have already overcome the inevitable defeat of their son, whom himself has already accepted defeat. It is funny to iMagine the children of biafall are crying more than the bereaved

Yet we're all lumped together in one Nigeria and Hausas are milking the nation dry. So who is deceiving who now?
Don't u marvel at your own level of hypocrisy?

[/quote

wot do u mean by hausas re milking the country dry
Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by BiafranPrince: 12:00am On May 14, 2015
disumusa:
My ss brother we are not igbo they are only looking for who to anex and rule, we stil rememner how igbo mitreated us

Kindly give one example where a Biafran man of Igbo clan harmed you or mistreated you.
Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by kakakent: 8:24am On May 14, 2015
South southterners .urs fathers nd ancestors no try ....chai imagine where a big brother z tryiing to protect his little brothers nd the little bro prefers to pitch tent with outsider chaiiiiii anyway ka anyi lebe unu na anya 1st #as 4 those who think apc will make any get way in south east !itch pls we will vote 4 jona a million times if he chooses to contest ngige z from my lg I knw our pple see he as a judas till 2mao #

1 Like

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Nobody: 8:31am On May 14, 2015
kakakent:
South southterners .urs fathers nd ancestors no try ....chai imagine where a big brother z tryiing to protect his little brothers nd the little bro prefers to pitch tent with outsider chaiiiiii anyway ka anyi lebe unu na anya 1st #as 4 those who think apc will make any get way in south east !itch pls we will vote 4 jona a million times if he chooses to contest ngige z from my lg I knw our pple see he as a judas till 2mao #

Please, ignore the past; let's move on!
Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Imokay: 10:08am On May 15, 2015
udordike:
I am in love with this Dipreye guy.
GEJ's lost is bigger than mismanagement of Nigeria. It boils down to his Igboness( the support he was getting from SE and the SW attitude of calling everybody from his side Igbo)
He ran his government the same way all our past Leader did theirs, but he gave the petroleum ministry to a lady(ijaw/igbo). Most yorubas were not happy with Mrs Diezani Mmadueke and her way of operation. When their son OBJ was in charge of that ministry, they didn't complain. And they didn't understand why Mrs Ngozi Iweala continued as finance in charge.
It was the SW propaganda that prompted the Northern awakening, otherwise why didn't they support GMB before. The subsequent threats to Igbos in Lagos is an off shoot of what Nigeria has been and will continue to be.
I pray that GMB wiLl rise above all our tribalistic and nepotic tendencies and heal this country. Otherwise, instead of GEJ he will be that last Presido of a united Naija.

God bless us all
God bless Nigeria

Were the Ibos clamouring for a GEJ leadership before Obasanjo fetched him from his obscurity? When did Ibo realise the wonderful leadership quality of GEJ? Let us watch how often any ibo group will invite GEJ as a keynote speaker in any note worthy event to see how deep they really believe in his leadership.
Many ibos are even ready to die than allow GEJ be a local government chairman or governor in their state, yet they are ready to force him again on Nigerians

1 Like

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 15, 2015
udordike:
I am in love with this Dipreye guy.
GEJ's lost is bigger than mismanagement of Nigeria. It boils down to his Igboness( the support he was getting from SE and the SW attitude of calling everybody from his side Igbo)
He ran his government the same way all our past Leader did theirs, but he gave the petroleum ministry to a lady(ijaw/igbo). Most yorubas were not happy with Mrs Diezani Mmadueke and her way of operation. When their son OBJ was in charge of that ministry, they didn't complain. And they didn't understand why Mrs Ngozi Iweala continued as finance in charge.
It was the SW propaganda that prompted the Northern awakening, otherwise why didn't they support GMB before. The subsequent threats to Igbos in Lagos is an off shoot of what Nigeria has been and will continue to be.
I pray that GMB wiLl rise above all our tribalistic and nepotic tendencies and heal this country. Otherwise, instead of GEJ he will be that last Presido of a united Naija.

God bless us all
God bless Nigeria

Dude, I'm all for resource control, it's time Nigeria harvests her other resources but it's time you let go of the victim mentality. No one is out to get you. It's quite obvious Diezani and Okonjo-Iweala haven't done much for Nigeria, stop saying "people only hate them because they're Igbo". You're looking for enemies where there are none.

I'm not trying to attack you, I just think, in serious issues like this one, let's reason with our heads not our hearts.
Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Emyben(m): 2:50pm On May 15, 2015
barcanista:
What lies in store for the Niger Deltans/SS? Do we continue with the one Nigeria? Should we demand for independent Niger-Delta country or we consolidate on our love and unity with the Igbo nation for an independent and a united SS/SE country?

As an Ijaw, our father's resisted Biafran movement because of "trust" issues. I have searched to see the legitimacy of such fears even read from the memo of Chief Dappa Biriye and I have found no real base but the natural human fear of the unknown. Dappa Biriye, Isaac Boro and some others fought for united Nigeria even when they had nothing gaining from the country. Dappa Biriye was very close to Yakubu Gowon, Muritala Muhammed and even Ahmadu Bello. He always preached "resource control" and good environment, yet we never achieved it. In fact, he formed the Niger Delta Council, a political party for the ethnic Eastern Minorities, through which Melford Okilo won a seat to the House of Representative. He had alliance with Northern People Congress that formed the government, yet we achieved nothing but a common parliamentary secretary. Despite our loyalty to the Nigerian state, the status quo of marginalisation and outright rejection of our demands still stares our faces.

Of a truth, the Niger Delta is filled with different ethnic group and it has never been an organised entity. An independent Niger Delta will only created a confused society. The more organised entity is the eastern region/SS/SE that has been even before independence. The Igbos have shown real brotherhood and have been consistent. I TRUST them.

If Nigeria is to remain United, there must be structural change. Resource Control and True Federalism should not only be accepted, but implemented and encouraged for socio-economic and political progress. A continuous rejection of this demand should make way for a referendum for the people of the ss/se to determine their future in accordance with the UN Principle of Self Determination. Should that be the case, I shall support a United Country with the Igbo nation and the SS irrespesctive of the nomenclature.

However, the new country will have to adopt autonomy of the different nations that makes up the country.

God Bless Us All

Sometimes i begin to wonder whether this is the barcanista i used to know. YOU said Very Well.
But the point is that your people have to shove aside any form of hatred for the Igbos. The Igbos have come to the conclusion that they are a hated group even amongst their closest kins including the Ijaws, so they are clearly having some trust issues with the Niger delta even tho they will always support and die for y'all who they regard as their brothers politically and otherwise. Bridges must be mended!
Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by Ikengawo: 2:54pm On May 15, 2015
Velocitron:

Dude, I'm all for resource control, it's time Nigeria harvests her other resources but it's time you let go of the victim mentality. No one is out to get you. It's quite obvious Diezani and Okonjo-Iweala haven't done much for Nigeria, stop saying "people only hate them because they're Igbo". You're looking for enemies where there are none.

I'm not trying to attack you, I just think, in serious issues like this one, let's reason with our heads not our hearts.

Iweala cancelled our paris club debt, built the sovereign wealth fund, developed our allocation structure, and over saw a Nigeria in 2 administrations with 7% economic growth on average. Today it's the largest economy in Africa and 3rd fastest growing in the world. To say she 'didn't do anything' is a mark of your own ignorance, not hers.

Madueke drafted the petroleum industry bill that will give local control of the oil industry to Nigeria for the first time ever, and northerners are blocking it in the senate while saying she is corrupt so they can keep stealing people's oil money.

1 Like

Re: Gej's Defeat: A Huge Blessing In Disguise To The SS/SE by zanga420: 6:44pm On Jun 02, 2015
socialmediaman:
Good dreams. It's not out of place to ask for your own territory and control of your resources, but with what I see happening in the south east, everyone wants to be king, nobody wants to be ruled, how then will it work? Where is the leadership to be referenced? Ohaneze is factionalized, Rochas group, Peter Obi group etc, which one is the dominant?

Plus, where is the good governance? It's not about having your own resources when you'll only end up intimidating your own people with it, do you have grassroot support for this clamor or is it just a few self centered people calling for it for selfish interest?
though a niger deltan, I've stayed at all the major tribes of nigeria. Forget this propaganda against the igbos, now we know better. There's no nation that don't have theirs. The OPC since 2000 have been factional (adams/fasheun). Greediness stinks in the SW same as in the north, SE n SS. I dont have the time to be giving instances but the facts are there. I dont know where u're from but most sw'ners are so fond of these disgusting propagandas, desist from it. Nigeria is a north/south divide, the sw'ners should have been playing a senior brotherly role for a strong/formidable southern nigeria but they're always the one to lead the plunge n marginalisation of the southern nigeria. Be mature enough n leave the igbos alone. We'll support the igbos as we can, they might emerge the strong voice of the southern nigeria. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

PHOTO: Should Federal Road Safety Corps Officer Carry A Gun? / Igbo: A Recognized Ethnic Group In Rivers State, Says RVSG / Subsidy Removal: No Provision For N5000 Transport Grant In 2022 Budget – Senate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.